• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Two Witnesses? Dreams and Visions?

Has anyone had dreams of the 2 witnesses?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
Greetings Dave,

If being born again never gets below the neck the person is Spiritually dead. So many think, even believe they are saved, it is their head telling them not their heart. Their hearts are uncircumcised, they are spiritually dead. Unless they are truly born again, they WILL NOT SEE the Kingdom of Heaven.

Most people are in the fast lane on the motorways of life, only the born again like the narrow country road.

Bless you
I Love You Brother , you are so right on target .

Loyal
Amen brother.

Just one thing I have a issue with, it is a Gentile being a true Jew. I understand what you are saying, but we Gentiles, are grafted into the Holy Vine (Jesus), and the vine comes from the lump, the Holy Root. The Jews who have not accepted Yeshua are cut from the vine, the Gentiles, the wild olive tree, when born again are grafted in. Jews are still Jews, still God's people, though they have rejected God's one and only son, their Promised Messiah. Gentiles are still Gentiles, until the time of the gentiles is fulfilled. Jesus, Yeshua, the Jews Promised Messiah, is Jesus our Lord and Saviour, God's one and only son.

Bless you.
Dont ever think ' you are not a Jew ' . As God sees it , a true Jew is one whose heart is Circumcised.

I know im repeating myself . But i can not stress enought . You ARE WHAT IT IS AND MEANS TO BE A JEW .

When God's Love flows through you , when you can do nothing but to love in every situation . This is what it means to be a Jew before God . And it is what the physical Jews have forgotten . ( not all , but most )

Now i will tell you something that is rarely taught in Christian churches , and it is because the Christians are forgetting the nature of Jesus . Most Christians only see Jesus as the Human - God . They have forgotten the Gospel of John chapter 1 .

In the beginning was the Word . The Word was with God and was God ..... the Word became (<<<<< important ) flesh and dwelt among us .

Jesus is the " Word became "

So the Jews whose hearts are Circumcised have recieved the " Word of God " they have recieved Jesus already . And as the Scripture states, they ( the Jews ) didnt know Him , ( Jesus had not been revieled to them yet ) . But Jesus was indeed with them . Even giving " life giving water " The Rock that followed the Israelites in the desert .

An example of the fulness of all i have written on behalf of the Jews . It is written , " Enoch loved God , and he was taken "

Now we know Jesus is the Eternal God . So when Jesus states , " no one can go to the Father but through me " we have to understand Enoch had already recieved Jesus ( the Word was Alive in Enoch , his heart was Circumcised . The Love of God flowed through him )

Loyal
I think we need to be careful about calling ourselves Jews, if we really aren't.

[NASB]
Rev 2:9; 'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
Rev 3:9; 'Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you.

[KJV]
Rev 2:9; I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 3:9; Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

The word here is...
Ἰουδαῖος
Ioudaios
ee-oo-dah'-yos
From G2448 (in the sense of G2455 as a country); udaean, that is, belonging to Jehudah: - Jew (-ess), of Juda.
Total KJV occurrences: 196

Loyal
I think we need to be careful about calling ourselves Jews, if we really aren't.

[NASB]
Rev 2:9; 'I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
Rev 3:9; 'Behold, I will cause those of the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—I will make them come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that I have loved you.

[KJV]
Rev 2:9; I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev 3:9; Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

The word here is...
Ἰουδαῖος
Ioudaios
ee-oo-dah'-yos
From G2448 (in the sense of G2455 as a country); udaean, that is, belonging to Jehudah: - Jew (-ess), of Juda.
Total KJV occurrences: 196
So technical for something so simple.

To be a Jew is not to look like a Jew . To be a true Jew is a matter of the heart.

Being a Jew in Gods eyes is the person who falls in love with God

Loyal
I agree. While technically Gentile just means "non Jewish" it is often used in the context of "a sinner".

Matt 18:17; "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
Gal 2:15; "We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles;
1Thes 4:5; not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God;
1Pet 4:3; For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

God is God of Gentiles.

Rom 3:29; Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,

Rom 2:27; And he who is physically uncircumcised, if he keeps the Law, will he not judge you who though having the letter of the Law and circumcision are a transgressor of the Law?
Rom 2:28; For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
Rom 2:29; But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

We are in, the time of the Gentiles

Luke 21:24
They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

I agree, technically Gentile just means "non Jewish" it is often used in the context of "a sinner". (By a Jew)

Does that mean Jews don't sin? :sob: The Jews also view Gentiles as lost souls, they are the chosen race. Abraham is their father.

Thank God for Jesus brother.

Loyal
A Jew in mans eyes is a person of descent from Israel. A Jew in God's eyes is one whose heart has been circumcised . As Scripture states " A Jew like that will not be praised by man , but will be praised by God "

Bill why do you not include book, chapter and verse(s). I appreciate we can look it up but I always think it is helpful to others to do so.

Bless you

Loyal
All of scripture must agree with itself . If you read of the Circumcision of the heart , and it isnt working with " setting the lamp up for all the world to see " , then there is something in your own philosophy or thinking that is missing . ( im just using this as an example ) ( im not implying in anyway you dont understand )

I do understand, the clearer we are the more we help each other.

Bless you

Loyal
Dont ever think ' you are not a Jew ' . As God sees it , a true Jew is one whose heart is Circumcised.

I know im repeating myself . But i can not stress enought . You ARE WHAT IT IS AND MEANS TO BE A JEW .

When God's Love flows through you , when you can do nothing but to love in every situation . This is what it means to be a Jew before God . And it is what the physical Jews have forgotten . ( not all , but most )

Now i will tell you something that is rarely taught in Christian churches , and it is because the Christians are forgetting the nature of Jesus . Most Christians only see Jesus as the Human - God . They have forgotten the Gospel of John chapter 1 .

In the beginning was the Word . The Word was with God and was God ..... the Word became (<<<<< important ) flesh and dwelt among us .

Jesus is the " Word became "

So the Jews whose hearts are Circumcised have recieved the " Word of God " they have recieved Jesus already . And as the Scripture states, they ( the Jews ) didnt know Him , ( Jesus had not been revieled to them yet ) . But Jesus was indeed with them . Even giving " life giving water " The Rock that followed the Israelites in the desert .

An example of the fulness of all i have written on behalf of the Jews . It is written , " Enoch loved God , and he was taken "

Now we know Jesus is the Eternal God . So when Jesus states , " no one can go to the Father but through me " we have to understand Enoch had already recieved Jesus ( the Word was Alive in Enoch , his heart was Circumcised . The Love of God flowed through him )

I am, we are, grafted into the vine my friend, grafted into Jesus, who is fed from the lump and feed us also. We are made Holy, because He is Holy and the rot is Holy.

I love John 15.

Loyal
I am listening, everybody is talking about a "circumcise heart" but no ne has said what that means, Rampling back and forth. Since there are so many definitions, I know what circumcision is required for the Jewish people. And there are different definitions of "a circumcise heart" which one are you all referring to. Since you all are throwing it out there like *** drops! What is a circumcise heart? Do you take "circumcise knife" and take the skin off a person heart, like Moses wife circumcise Moses son? Do you take the "Calvinistic view", "The Reformed view", "The RCC view", " The Eastern Orthodox View", or do you have your own views? Because a person has to know what are you talking about.:p

Active
@ Kai -- That explains a few things. I'm Baptist - have been all my life. My understanding is that Pentecostal people are generally more emotion-based than others.
Hi Sue, you say that Pentecostal believers are more emotionally based. I would have said, more spiritually based, as they move in the Spirit, wouldn't you?.

Active
We, gentiles, are grafted into the vine, it does not make us Jews.
If, Paul, I graft a rose into my rosebush, if the cutting takes, the rose grafted in becomes part of the bush and can be accepted as such. I would have thought that when Paul likened us to grafted in branches, it would be the same, when the cutting takes, then the branch becomes part of the vine, which means we become what the vine is, and if the vine is Jewish, then that is what we become. This is not a bad thing, the Jews are those set aside for God, God's people, those who brought the knowledge of God to the world and the reason the world hates them. And as we are grafted into the people of God, we, being grafted in, are also hated. Praise the Lord we are who we are, on the right side!!

Loyal
If, Paul, I graft a rose into my rosebush, if the cutting takes, the rose grafted in becomes part of the bush and can be accepted as such. I would have thought that when Paul likened us to grafted in branches, it would be the same, when the cutting takes, then the branch becomes part of the vine, which means we become what the vine is, and if the vine is Jewish, then that is what we become. This is not a bad thing, the Jews are those set aside for God, God's people, those who brought the knowledge of God to the world and the reason the world hates them. And as we are grafted into the people of God, we, being grafted in, are also hated. Praise the Lord we are who we are, on the right side!!

Hi Trevor,

A very good post brother, thank you.

If I have a rose bush and graft another rose into the stem of the plant, it is as you say a rose, it has the original root, it has the original stem, but it was a red rose and now is a white rose. (No Lancashire Yorkshire war of the roses please LOL).

The rose may have been lets say called 'Jewish blood', but it is now 'Salvation white'. If it bears white flowers which rose is it?

So I have to consider this, the root, the lump is Holy, Jesus the branches are Holy, some of the branches have been pruned out, but the white rose has been grafted into the stem. Those grafted in are different to the original ones, but they are fed from the same 'Holy sap'

It is still a rose (type of flower) but it has new life in a new covenant, and is a different colour type.

Here the the main point is, not the rose, nor is it the branch, the main point is by being grafted in we are being filled with Holy Sap, the Holy Spirit, which we cannot have in us unless we are grafted into the original root and stem. Without Jesus we are nothing, we are dead, spiritually dead.

Bless you

Loyal
Jesus Christ was born into a Jewish family. We don't become Jewish when we accept Him as our personal Savior. We Do become a son or daughter of God. God becomes our Heavenly Father upon our salvation.

And it Is true that the Jews / the Children of Israel are God's chosen people. We Do become part of the body of Christ / The Church / Bride of Christ. But born again believers do not become Jewish.

Loyal
Hi Sue, you say that Pentecostal believers are more emotionally based. I would have said, more spiritually based, as they move in the Spirit, wouldn't you?.

Not especially -- God created us with individual personalities -- some are more emotionally based than others. I'm a passive worshiper. I"ve never felt led to raise my hands / arms in praise / worship. That does not make my less spiritual.

Loyal
Not especially -- God created us with individual personalities -- some are more emotionally based than others. I'm a passive worshiper. I"ve never felt led to raise my hands / arms in praise / worship. That does not make my less spiritual.

Perhaps...
But I notice usually when two young people fall in love.... they are very passionate, they are very animated about it. They hug, kiss, ... they can't keep their hands off each other. They love spending time together, they write love notes
and text each other a hundred times a day. When they are apart for more than one or two days... they run into each others arms, and tell each other how much they miss the other person.

After they've been married for 7 or 8 years... the honeymoon is over... Oh were you gone yesterday? I guess I didn't notice. Maybe they are a little "less in love" than they were 8 years ago.

I've heard people say.. "well I'm just not really a passionate person, I don't get excited about anything, I don't let my emotions rule me".

Then I've seen these same people curse someone who just cut them off in traffic. I've seen these same people jump up and down and throw their hands up and scream when their team scores a touchdown, or hits a home-run.
I've seen these people cry over sad, romantic movies. I've seen them cry when the puppy got run over. I've seen them rant and curse because the property taxes went up.

I have to wonder... where is their heart?

The Bible says God was angry. The Bible says God is a jealous God. The Bible says Jesus wept.

Maybe passion and emotions aren't all bad.

Loyal
I've never said that passion / emotions are Bad at all. Our ways of expressing that varies by the individual.

I've never cursed in my life -- I'm not an overly emotional person. I'm in my early 70's.

You're talking about young people. I've never really been the jump up and down kind of person for much anything.

Have Always been a conservative, book-reading, bike riding , TV watching kind of person.

Sorry If I disappoint you in this area.

I do feel deeply -- don't like to cry in front of anyone. The only time I cried around people was in the children's ER at Dell Children's Hospital when my grandson died. He was almost 14 yrs. of age.

The comment had been made about how people in Pentecostal churches respond during church services. And apparently that particular poster felt that a 'spirit-filled' worshiper should be worshiping in a 'spirited' way.
That's probably why I'm not in a Pentecostal Church. I'm a conservative Baptist.

Status
Not open for further replies.