• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

The Two Witnesses? Dreams and Visions?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Has anyone had dreams of the 2 witnesses?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Staff Member
@ Kai -- That explains a few things. I'm Baptist - have been all my life. My understanding is that Pentecostal people are generally more emotion-based than others. Maybe their psyche is more sensitive to visions , etc. Pastor's of those churches tend to 'work' their congregations into emotions / emotionalism that can, at times, lead to 'allowing'/ influencing what they are seeing/ hearing. And, of course, That would depend on the pastor leading the congregation. Such things as 'slaying of the spirit'. " Dancing in the aisle" sort of thing.

I'm very conservative in my worship and would not be comfortable in that type of service. Many years ago I Was in a Pentecostal service -- closest to where I lived at that time. I went to three different services to observe what was happening. Realized it wasn't for me and my 4 kids.
Hello Sue,
So we don't get back into the Pentecostal, Emotionalism debate again. How about we just leave it at "there's a difference". Leaving it to each ones words comparing against Scripture the significance/accuracy on the subject of "Two Witnesses/Dreams/Visions".

For I've been Baptized both Baptist & Pentecostal, attending each for a few years, and though the differences can be palatable when one looks at the extremes. Some of the churches in each are probably closer than folks realize, much less willing to admit to. Especially as it pertains to Scriptural studies. :smile:

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Kai

@ Kai -- That explains a few things. I'm Baptist - have been all my life. My understanding is that Pentecostal people are generally more emotion-based than others. Maybe their psyche is more sensitive to visions , etc. Pastor's of those churches tend to 'work' their congregations into emotions / emotionalism that can, at times, lead to 'allowing'/ influencing what they are seeing/ hearing. And, of course, That would depend on the pastor leading the congregation. Such things as 'slaying of the spirit'. " Dancing in the aisle" sort of thing.

I'm very conservative in my worship and would not be comfortable in that type of service. Many years ago I Was in a Pentecostal service -- closest to where I lived at that time. I went to three different services to observe what was happening. Realized it wasn't for me and my 4 kids.
Even if I am Pentecostal our church doesnt accept everything other Pentecostal worshippers do or how we practice it but it is true it is high on the emotional side and spiritual side as well. The one I am from is more of the older version of it not the new and modern styles. There are many things that we do not allow and watch out for what in modern times is allowed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B-A-C Bible Discussions 6
Jesus_is_LORD Bible Discussions 5
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 8