• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

We are not Like Jesus !!!

Curtis -- don't those things happen at the same time? Being born of the Spirit and the baptism Of. Baptism being the total immersion of the Holy Spirit into the believers' soul. Once the Holy Spirit Does come to indwell -- our 'spiritual' tanks vary in the amount of being filled. The more a believer is in the Word and praying -- the fuller his tank will be.

There have been times when, as I've been reading God's Word, that something 'new' has been impressed upon me. It's a heart-felt 'time' --it's been the Holy Spirit teaching me specifically in a certain area of my life. And I Also think that some people are more emotional than others. Well --I Know some are. When we used to have 'popcorn' testimony time in church. There were some women who would Always cry / get very teari-eyed over almost Anything they were sharing. I'm the other extreme. You'd hardly know I've got vocal chords or tears. As some people read God's Word , they Do become emotional about it. Maybe it's their background. A great deal to be thankful for having been saved 'out of'.

Jesus Christ was not like the ordinary person. He was / is the Son of God.

Jesus Christ did things -- here on earth -- as an example for us to follow. When we accept Christ -- it's an inner experience that we Need to be sharing in an outward way so that others can see that we Now identify with Jesus Christ. That would be the start of our 'ministry' here on earth.

God is Spirit -- He's omnipresent -- Jesus Christ was God incarnate while on earth. Jesus Christ was born into the Jewish world -- a man -- Son of God. John 10:30 "I and My Father are One."
Yeah that's where me and curtis disagree, I believe that when we accept Jesus and his works that we receive the Holy spirit and then have access to the wisdom of the Holy spirit because several posts have I made "beyond my years" and that can only be through the Holy spirit.

Loyal
More "inaccuracies"...
First off "salvation" and "receiving" the Holy spirit is not just about as you say "accepting Jesus's death" because there is no "humbling" of one's self or "sincerity" involved in that anyone can "claim" to know Jesus as well it happens all the time year round.
As I've said before to accept "wholly" Jesus and his works is to believe in his "death" for our sins but also his "resurrection" and "ascension" when one can accept "all 3"(well what do you know 3 just like 3 crosses and 3 entities) for anyone can "accept" anyone's death but to "believe" that Jesus "rose from the dead" and "ascended from earth and is still alive" takes a whole lot "MORE" a person can proclaim all day that they have accepted Jesus but some things "show" when one does, for as it is written "ye shall know them by their fruits" well when one accepts Christ there is "change" if one "stays the same" then they clearly haven't accepted Christ for example a man whom has cussed since his youth might stop cursing, a harlot woman may think to have a "real relationship", a person who has not thought of others may start to gradually helps others.
Accepting Jesus and the Holy spirit "changes everything", behaviour, perspective, one''s beliefs and one's heart and mind.(I'm at work, will answer the rest later if you are still here that is "At peace")

Lots of people have knowledge about Jesus Christ. It's applying That to your heart -- personally. The 'why' of Jesus Christ dying on the cross and being resurrected. And 'why' do 'I' need salvation.
And, yes, there Will be a change in a believer's life.

Active
One passage is Ephesians 4:30 "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. "
Back up to Ephesians 1:13 :....... Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteering our inheritance...."
Paul's "believers" had already turned from sin and been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their past sins.
Just because it isn't mentioned here doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Back up to #75 -- Jesus Christ -- was God incarnate -- while on this earth for those 33 yrs. And, yes, He was human experiencing everything just like we did. He was born of a virgin so He could be both 100 man and 100 deity. When He was tempted by satan -- He responded back with Scripture. He chose to be like Us -- we can't be entire like Him because we're Not deity.
The reborn are reborn from Whose seed?
God's seed.
"...and He is not ashamed to call them brethren". (Heb 2:11)
Our new Father id=s the same Father Jesus had.
The Spirit given to the repentant is the same Spirit Jesus manifested.
He prayed, we pray.
He studied, we study.
What is different between Jesus and you is that you commit sin!
If you would quit that, you could partake in everything God made available to Jesus.

The fruits of the Spirit -- Galatians 5:22 "....love,joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
A person doesn't loose fruit when a sin is committed. Maybe your last comment Should be '"whose fruit is exhibited WHEN one commits a sin."'.
Whose fruit does the sinner manifest? (1 John 3:8, 10)

The verse you included in Acts 2 -- it suggests that a person's salvation is reliant upon their being repentant and then baptised and then the Holy Spirit will come to indwell them."
Suggests?
I find all the commandments of the apostles more than suggestions.

Well -- repentance Is needed. But since the theif on the cross didn't have a chance To be baptized and he was told by Jesus Christ that that very day He would be in Paradise with Him.
If you would kindly look at Romans 6:3-6, you will see that the thief's crucifixion, burial, and resurrection parallel our baptism exactly.
He was the first to illustrate Rom 6:3-6.

It would appear that baptizm is Not required as part Of salvation. And what about people who do accept Christ -- maybe on their death bed and can't be baptized. Or any number of other circumstances where a person Does accept Christ as personal Savior, but can't be baptized for a while.
Tell that to Philip, of the seven; and the Ethiopian eunuch.

I know of a young lady -- a Jr. higher who was saved at VBS during her visits with her grandparents. She wanted to be baptized -- her parents were of another belief system that believed in infant sprinkling. They said No to her wish to be baptized as a believer. Shortly after that they moved away from the influence of the grandparents. She was told that when she turned 18 -- if she still wanted to be baptized it would be her decision. So -- is not completely saved until she turns 18?
Did she manifest the reality of a true "turn from" sin while she waited to be baptized?
Or did she continue to play the part of an enemy of God?

1 Corinthians 15: 1-3 or so ".....By this Gospel you are saved..... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that H was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures......."
Praise be to God.

Romans 10:9 - 10 "That if you confess with your mouth, the Lord Jesus, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
This is done at our baptism...like Paul's.
"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

Nothing in those verses saying that baptism is part of salvation.
Nothing in your kindly provided verse said anything about loving God above all things either.
Does that mean that loving God is optional?

And, yes, baptism Is important. It is meant to be a public event -- baptism by immersion. Showing by that activity what has already taken place in your heart. That which you truly believe.

Being cleansed from past sins by the blood of Christ, yes. But the negative consequences of past sins have to be lived with. If you've been out driving drunk and have a wreck and loose a limb or possibly kill another person. Your limb will still be gone even when you're a believer and the person killed won't come back to life. And you'll still be service jail or prison time for the life you were responsible for Because of your past drunk driving.
That is called a "derail".

Some years ago there was a middle-aged couple who were not believers. The wife was reached by some women and accepted Christ -- the husband had been a drunk -- a mean one -- she was urged to leave him for her personal safety. She refused to. She felt her place was to stay with him. Well -- one day he came back home drunk and got angry at her for something. He ended up killing her. He was arrested, in jail and finally sobered up. Pastor came to talk with him. The man was horrified to learn what he'd done in his drunkness. The pastor was able to lead him to the Lord. He actually became active in a prison ministry. Realized that eventually he would be reunited with his wife in heaven.
I can only imagine the difference in their lives had they BOTH turned from sin and adhered to the doctrine which is according to Goliness. (1 Tim 6:3)

Active
My brother I here you and applaud your loving heart !! my point was to show he was born with out a sin nature, we on the other hand are born with a sin nature. thats all I hope all is well with you Bendito it always good to see you on here
The reborn have a divine nature, not an Adamic nature.

Active
More "inaccuracies"...
First off "salvation" and "receiving" the Holy spirit is not just about as you say "accepting Jesus's death" because there is no "humbling" of one's self or "sincerity" involved in that anyone can "claim" to know Jesus as well it happens all the time year round.
As I've said before to accept "wholly" Jesus and his works is to believe in his "death" for our sins but also his "resurrection" and "ascension" when one can accept "all 3"(well what do you know 3 just like 3 crosses and 3 entities) for anyone can "accept" anyone's death but to "believe" that Jesus "rose from the dead" and "ascended from earth and is still alive" takes a whole lot "MORE" a person can proclaim all day that they have accepted Jesus but some things "show" when one does, for as it is written "ye shall know them by their fruits" well when one accepts Christ there is "change" if one "stays the same" then they clearly haven't accepted Christ for example a man whom has cussed since his youth might stop cursing, a harlot woman may think to have a "real relationship", a person who has not thought of others may start to gradually helps others.
Accepting Jesus and the Holy spirit "changes everything", behaviour, perspective, one''s beliefs and one's heart and mind.(I'm at work, will answer the rest later if you are still here that is "At peace")
Your embellishment of my points doesn't make my points less accurate.
What kind of "fruit" do the false Christians bring forth?

Your embellishment of my points doesn't make my points less accurate.
What kind of "fruit" do the false Christians bring forth?
I'm not a false Christian but, I suppose their fruits would be for and of themselves after all one "claiming" to have Christ in them would do "vainly" things to "look good" or "superior" to others or even simply be "confounding"(living a live that is bizarre and irrationally wicked) the "fruits" would be "wicked" though it is possible to be "nice" but not genuinely "kind" .

The reborn have a divine nature, not an Adamic nature.
Actually the term would probably be better phrased as "more inclined through the Holy spirit to do right and not seek sin so eagerly"
because divine would be meaning "perfect" or "sinless" we are "neither" while we are in flesh here on earth.

Loyal
And, yes, there Will be a change in a believer's life.

I to believe there will be change as I am living proof of complete change and know that is how many born again are.

However let me ask you this, how about someone who changes very little if not at all ?? someone once told me that these types of believers are like baby believers that never grow up. I actually hope that is true for the sake of many, but I have my doubts.

Active
I'm not a false Christian
It wasn't an accusation,: it was a follow up question regarding the "fruit" you mentioned.

but, I suppose their fruits would be for and of themselves after all one "claiming" to have Christ in them would do "vainly" things to "look good" or "superior" to others or even simply be "confounding"(living a live that is bizarre and irrationally wicked) the "fruits" would be "wicked" though it is possible to be "nice" but not genuinely "kind" .
There you go...false Christians do "wickedly".

Active
Actually the term would probably be better phrased as "more inclined through the Holy spirit to do right and not seek sin so eagerly"
because divine would be meaning "perfect" or "sinless" we are "neither" while we are in flesh here on earth.
Fig trees cannot bear grapes...
Real Christians are born of God's seed and cannot bring forth wicked, evil fruit.
If imperfection is manifested, they are born of other seed than God's.
And I'm not talking about having to wear glasses of take pills for high blood pressure.
Sin is not "fruit of Godly seed".

BTW, it is written..."Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)
Those who do NOT partake of the divine nature have yet to "escape the corruption that is in the world through lust".
That can be accomplished by a true repentance from sin and baptism into Christ's death.

Fig trees cannot bear grapes...
Real Christians are born of God's seed and cannot bring forth wicked, evil fruit.
If imperfection is manifested, they are born of other seed than God's.
And I'm not talking about having to wear glasses of take pills for high blood pressure.
Sin is not "fruit of Godly seed".

BTW, it is written..."Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)
Those who do NOT partake of the divine nature have yet to "escape the corruption that is in the world through lust".
That can be accomplished by a true repentance from sin and baptism into Christ's death.
key words "partakers of the divine nature"as in Jesus, when one is in the spirit one won't sin but that's quite a difference from actually "being divine" and those are "times" not "always" everyone one has faults, everyone has bad days, I am not about to believe in or promote that people in life "always" do what is right and never sin because it's simply "not true" deluded people can throw this around as if this is a "truth" but I'll keep "standing against" such "lies".
We aren't by any means to "focus on sin" but we aren't to focus on "declaring things that aren't true" for example anyone that declares they do not sin are openly declaring a lie openly and pridefully in delusion and "truth is not in them" just the same as so called "divinity" when will man cease this "obsession" I don't know? but, I do know that "actually serving" God/Jesus begins with "looking at one's self "before" declaring things to others because if one is doing "wrong" how can one teach others to do "right"?
I still find it ridiculous too,that so many declare serving God/Jesus as "easy" since when has God/Jesus become "trivial"?
of course this is why I'm determined to move on my own, too many "bad influences" around I can just barely feel the Holy spirit anymore and it's getting me "irritable" hopefully two more weeks and I'll be "more spiritually inclined" again.

It wasn't an accusation,: it was a follow up question regarding the "fruit" you mentioned.

There you go...false Christians do "wickedly".
I know you weren't accusing me just explaining that I don't much understand such people myself though my family I'm in currently most are "false christians" I really would rather not know what goes through their minds because if it's anything like what they "speak" it's probably best I don't find out, of course this side of the family "never" led me to nor taught me about how to be saved so it all adds up now where as my family at my family church were just "the opposite" so I'm still hoping to go back to the church and see them and more importantly be around "like minded Christians" and "be refreshed in spirit" and be around "loving Christians" by myself I'm not exactly good on "emotions" which is why I talk on these Christian sites, much easier to "communicate" and "fellowship".

Active
key words "partakers of the divine nature"as in Jesus, when one is in the spirit one won't sin but that's quite a difference from actually "being divine" and those are "times" not "always" everyone one has faults, everyone has bad days, I am not about to believe in or promote that people in life "always" do what is right and never sin because it's simply "not true" deluded people can throw this around as if this is a "truth" but I'll keep "standing against" such "lies".
We aren't by any means to "focus on sin" but we aren't to focus on "declaring things that aren't true" for example anyone that declares they do not sin are openly declaring a lie openly and pridefully in delusion and "truth is not in them" just the same as so called "divinity" when will man cease this "obsession" I don't know? but, I do know that "actually serving" God/Jesus begins with "looking at one's self "before" declaring things to others because if one is doing "wrong" how can one teach others to do "right"?
I still find it ridiculous too,that so many declare serving God/Jesus as "easy" since when has God/Jesus become "trivial"?
of course this is why I'm determined to move on my own, too many "bad influences" around I can just barely feel the Holy spirit anymore and it's getting me "irritable" hopefully two more weeks and I'll be "more spiritually inclined" again.
How's that watered down gospel working out for you?
Not so good, it seems...