Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

We are not Like Jesus !!!

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Dave M, Jul 1, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. Yeah that's where me and curtis disagree, I believe that when we accept Jesus and his works that we receive the Holy spirit and then have access to the wisdom of the Holy spirit because several posts have I made "beyond my years" and that can only be through the Holy spirit.

2. Lots of people have knowledge about Jesus Christ. It's applying That to your heart -- personally. The 'why' of Jesus Christ dying on the cross and being resurrected. And 'why' do 'I' need salvation.
    And, yes, there Will be a change in a believer's life.

Joefizz likes this.
  3. Paul's "believers" had already turned from sin and been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their past sins.
    Just because it isn't mentioned here doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The reborn are reborn from Whose seed?
    God's seed.
    "...and He is not ashamed to call them brethren". (Heb 2:11)
    Our new Father id=s the same Father Jesus had.
    The Spirit given to the repentant is the same Spirit Jesus manifested.
    He prayed, we pray.
    He studied, we study.
    What is different between Jesus and you is that you commit sin!
    If you would quit that, you could partake in everything God made available to Jesus.

Whose fruit does the sinner manifest? (1 John 3:8, 10)

Suggests?
    I find all the commandments of the apostles more than suggestions.

If you would kindly look at Romans 6:3-6, you will see that the thief's crucifixion, burial, and resurrection parallel our baptism exactly.
    He was the first to illustrate Rom 6:3-6.

Tell that to Philip, of the seven; and the Ethiopian eunuch.

Did she manifest the reality of a true "turn from" sin while she waited to be baptized?
    Or did she continue to play the part of an enemy of God?

Praise be to God.

This is done at our baptism...like Paul's.
    "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

Nothing in your kindly provided verse said anything about loving God above all things either.
    Does that mean that loving God is optional?

And, yes, baptism Is important. It is meant to be a public event -- baptism by immersion. Showing by that activity what has already taken place in your heart. That which you truly believe.

That is called a "derail".

I can only imagine the difference in their lives had they BOTH turned from sin and adhered to the doctrine which is according to Goliness. (1 Tim 6:3)

4. The reborn have a divine nature, not an Adamic nature.

5. Your embellishment of my points doesn't make my points less accurate.
    What kind of "fruit" do the false Christians bring forth?

6. I'm not a false Christian but, I suppose their fruits would be for and of themselves after all one "claiming" to have Christ in them would do "vainly" things to "look good" or "superior" to others or even simply be "confounding"(living a live that is bizarre and irrationally wicked) the "fruits" would be "wicked" though it is possible to be "nice" but not genuinely "kind" .

Dave M likes this.
  7. Actually the term would probably be better phrased as "more inclined through the Holy spirit to do right and not seek sin so eagerly"
    because divine would be meaning "perfect" or "sinless" we are "neither" while we are in flesh here on earth.

8. I to believe there will be change as I am living proof of complete change and know that is how many born again are.

However let me ask you this, how about someone who changes very little if not at all ?? someone once told me that these types of believers are like baby believers that never grow up. I actually hope that is true for the sake of many, but I have my doubts.

9. It wasn't an accusation,: it was a follow up question regarding the "fruit" you mentioned.

There you go...false Christians do "wickedly".

10. Fig trees cannot bear grapes...
    Real Christians are born of God's seed and cannot bring forth wicked, evil fruit.
    If imperfection is manifested, they are born of other seed than God's.
    And I'm not talking about having to wear glasses of take pills for high blood pressure.
    Sin is not "fruit of Godly seed".

BTW, it is written..."Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:4)
    Those who do NOT partake of the divine nature have yet to "escape the corruption that is in the world through lust".
    That can be accomplished by a true repentance from sin and baptism into Christ's death.

11. key words "partakers of the divine nature"as in Jesus, when one is in the spirit one won't sin but that's quite a difference from actually "being divine" and those are "times" not "always" everyone one has faults, everyone has bad days, I am not about to believe in or promote that people in life "always" do what is right and never sin because it's simply "not true" deluded people can throw this around as if this is a "truth" but I'll keep "standing against" such "lies".
    We aren't by any means to "focus on sin" but we aren't to focus on "declaring things that aren't true" for example anyone that declares they do not sin are openly declaring a lie openly and pridefully in delusion and "truth is not in them" just the same as so called "divinity" when will man cease this "obsession" I don't know? but, I do know that "actually serving" God/Jesus begins with "looking at one's self "before" declaring things to others because if one is doing "wrong" how can one teach others to do "right"?
    I still find it ridiculous too,that so many declare serving God/Jesus as "easy" since when has God/Jesus become "trivial"?
    of course this is why I'm determined to move on my own, too many "bad influences" around I can just barely feel the Holy spirit anymore and it's getting me "irritable" hopefully two more weeks and I'll be "more spiritually inclined" again.

12. I know you weren't accusing me just explaining that I don't much understand such people myself though my family I'm in currently most are "false christians" I really would rather not know what goes through their minds because if it's anything like what they "speak" it's probably best I don't find out, of course this side of the family "never" led me to nor taught me about how to be saved so it all adds up now where as my family at my family church were just "the opposite" so I'm still hoping to go back to the church and see them and more importantly be around "like minded Christians" and "be refreshed in spirit" and be around "loving Christians" by myself I'm not exactly good on "emotions" which is why I talk on these Christian sites, much easier to "communicate" and "fellowship".

Dave M likes this.
  13. How's that watered down gospel working out for you?
    Not so good, it seems...

14. Watered with baptism and filled with hope and been leading people to be saved for thousands of years how's your gospel?