• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

We are not Like Jesus !!!

Loyal
Jesus was born by a virgin and conceived by the holly spirit.

My understanding is that it was needed in order for Jesus not to receive the curse all of humanity receives.

By Jesus birth he avoided getting a sin nature that all of us have and will always have.

However Jesus died for us, so that we now have the power to over come the sin nature through our perfect spirit in Christ.

But we still have the sin nature before we were born again we were slaves to it, but through Jesus Christ we now are set free and can over come it.

No we can never be fully like Christ because we are born with a curse to our flesh he Jesus was not. He Jesus gave us the power to over come the curse so we now can become more like Christ close but no cigar.

This is just my understanding it may be wrong I am not scholar by any means. I seek only the truth.

Loyal
Jesus was born by a virgin and conceived by the holly spirit.

My understanding is that it was needed in order for Jesus not to receive the curse all of humanity receives.

By Jesus birth he avoided getting a sin nature that all of us have and will always have.

However Jesus died for us, so that we now have the power to over come the sin nature through our perfect spirit in Christ.

But we still have the sin nature before we were born again we were slaves to it, but through Jesus Christ we now are set free and can over come it.

No we can never be fully like Christ because we are born with a curse to our flesh he Jesus was not. He Jesus gave us the power to over come the curse so we now can become more like Christ close but no cigar.

This is just my understanding it may be wrong I am not scholar by any means. I seek only the truth.

Brother Dave, we all want Christ in us to be fully in control of all our actions. That is the goal we strive for in this life. There are certain areas where this might already be true in us, but we want ALL our actions to be his actions. How this is accomplished is by us looking into the "mirror" and seeing Christ in us, and there by being transformed into that same image we see, from Glory to Glory.

2Cor 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

A man whose actions do NOT match up to what he sees, is because he has forgotten what manner of man he is.

James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
James 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The man who steadfastly looks into the mirror, and sees what manner of man he really is all the time, his actions will match up to Christ in him. He will be a doer of the work of God, and be blessed in all he does. :)

Loyal
I agree but I was trying to point out Jesus was born with out a sin nature. We are born with a sin nature.

We do not loose the sin nature while in the flesh

we gain control of our sin nature by Jesus. Then we will look more like him.

Active
By Jesus' birth, he avoided getting a sin nature that all of us have and will always have.
Why do you think we will "always have" the same nature, even after being reborn of a different seed?

If your above statement is true, then we have no excuse to continue serving sin.

. I seek only the truth.
Jesus said that truth you seek could free you from serving sin. (John 8:32-34)
Keep searching.

Active
I agree but I was trying to point out Jesus was born with out a sin nature. We are born with a sin nature.
Do you have any scripture for any of that?

Loyal
Dave you're right. We were born, the first time, with a sinful nature...but that man died! When we were born again, we were and ARE dead to sin.
Romans 6
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? ...

So now we become (if we have not already) followers of Him.
1 Corinthians 4:16
Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Philippians 3:17
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

1 Thessalonians 1:6
And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

Now Dave, I realize you know what followers means, but there are those that don't. For them, followers means 'imitators'. We become imitators of Jesus. Thereby our own temperament (nature) is replaced by the nature of Jesus Himself.

Romans 6
[URL='https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+6&version=KJV']What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? ...
[/URL]
What does that mean to us?
Romans 6:14 (KJV)
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 5:16 - [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Walking in the Spirit is not just a figure of speech. It literally means to walk led by the Holy Spirit, to walk in His nature
Well, I could go on and on and on with scriptures and proofs that we can, and must put on the very nature of God but you already know that. So I'll stop.
The man who had the sinful nature died! Now, the man who lives is literally a cross breed of God and man together. We carry the very DNA of God in our bodies and we are to learn to walk in Him...How so? The Holy Spirit is literally blended with our spirit.

Loyal

There's the thing....we don't have to control a sin nature that died with the old man...That's church teaching not bible teaching...We have to learn to walk in our new nature. And forget that which is past. We cannot walk in sin consciousness, but we must concentrate on righteousness, for we ARE the righteousness of God in the anointing of Jesus wherewith we too are anointed. Tell me...why should we be so conscious of something that is on the rubbish heap when we have something far more lively to enjoy?

Loyal
You can NOT put off something that is not there. Putting off the old nature that is corrupt with it's deceitful lusts, and constantly putting on the new self. This is a process that takes a life time and then some. to accomplish.
Like Paul said......

1Co 9:27 but I beat my body and bring it into submission, lest by any means, after I have preached to others, I myself should be rejected. (WEB)

Why beat something that is already dead?

Eph 4:22 Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion;
Eph 4:23 And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude],
Eph 4:24 And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness. (AMP)

It depends what you mean by "sin nature." If you are referring to the fallen Adamic nature then you are right. Jesus was born into sinful flesh...

One page words it like this...

Much of the purpose of the virgin birth was to allow Jesus to be fully human but without the Adamic nature.

Then the page goes on to say...

However, He was born in the natural body and in the full likeness of sinful flesh.
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh."

So I would say that the flesh alone has a propensity for sin therefore Jesus did have a sinful nature but NOT the one humans acquired from Adam which appears to have tainted the line of human blood resulting in death and requiring a virgin birth and blood sacrifice. Jesus was tempted in every area of sin. If he did not have some sort of sinful nature, it would kind of be a hoax for sin to be overcome in the flesh, and no need to be tempted, even by the devil, and actually, no need for a crucifixion.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

"For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted."

Loyal
There is no way anyone can have the true victory over the flesh unless they are constantly renewing their fleshly mind, because that is where the battle is won or lost!

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

"Imaginations",
and "thoughts" are of the human mind. How does a person walk so as to not let the flesh control that person?

Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The new man can not be put on until the human mind is renewed!

Rom 8:5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. (NLT)

How long do we suppose it takes to completely renew the carnal physical mind? What about all those areas that are not yet renewed?

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

If a man is not doing the good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God, then what is he doing?

Loyal
There is no way anyone can have the true victory over the flesh unless they are constantly renewing their fleshly mind, because that is where the battle is won or lost!

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

"Imaginations",
and "thoughts" are of the human mind. How does a person walk so as to not let the flesh control that person?

Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The new man can not be put on until the human mind is renewed!

Rom 8:5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. (NLT)

How long do we suppose it takes to completely renew the carnal physical mind? What about all those areas that are not yet renewed?

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

If a man is not doing the good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God, then what is he doing?

Absolutely fantastic post and worth repeating :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you brother Curtis

Loyal
The reality of being born again of the seed of the Word of God by the Holy Spirit is real. It is true that we already have God's divine nature in us, and Jesus is in is "perfect" without sin, and that we are already in his image. The problem is we do not believe in what has already happened in us. Learning who our new life is, and who exactly is this new person that we have living on the inside? The human carnal mind can never accept this reality, because it is the enemy of God. It must be told what to believe, and never ever allow the un renewed carnal mind to tell us what we believe!! The whole process of spiritual growth is in learning who we are, and what has already been given to us. The more we know, the more we can believe. You can not believe in something you don't know, and certainly can not experience that which you do not believe!! Mans outward actions are based on what he knows, believes, and that is what he thinks on. renewing the mind is a must!!

Staff Member
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Galatians 5:16 -26

Active
There's the thing....we don't have to control a sin nature that died with the old man...That's church teaching not bible teaching...We have to learn to walk in our new nature. And forget that which is past. We cannot walk in sin consciousness, but we must concentrate on righteousness, for we ARE the righteousness of God in the anointing of Jesus wherewith we too are anointed. Tell me...why should we be so conscious of something that is on the rubbish heap when we have something far more lively to enjoy?
These last two posts were perfect!

Active
You can NOT put off something that is not there. Putting off the old nature that is corrupt with it's deceitful lusts, and constantly putting on the new self. This is a process that takes a life time and then some. to accomplish.
Like Paul said......
1Co 9:27 but I beat my body and bring it into submission, lest by any means, after I have preached to others, I myself should be rejected. (WEB)
Your version of this verse destroys the spirit of it..."But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." (KJV)

Why beat something that is already dead?
You don't need to beat anything in order to "keep it under"...control.
Fasting is a good way for the mind to show the skin who is the boss.

As for "Putting off the old nature that is corrupt with it's deceitful lusts, and constantly putting on the new self."...that happens when we are "immersed" into Christ and into His death. (Rom 6:3-6)
The results?
"For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Rom 6:7)
How long does it take to get baptized?

Your "and then some" comment worries me.
Do you think you will get more time after you die to get...better in the eyes of God?

Active
... The problem is we do not believe in what has already happened in us. Learning who our new life is, and who exactly is this new person that we have living on the inside? The human carnal mind can never accept this reality, because it is the enemy of God. !
That is a perfect definition of "lack of faith".

Loyal
That is a perfect definition of "lack of faith".
So you're saying that because the carnal mind cannot understand or accept what God has done in the person, there is not faith? Please clarify this for an old man.

Active
So you're saying that because the carnal mind cannot understand or accept what God has done in the person, there is not faith? Please clarify this for an old man.
That is it in a nut shell.
The Israelites fell in the desert because of lack of faith.
That lack of faith was manifested by their sinning.
Sin manifests carnality
Quite the vicious circle...eh?

BTW, God hasn't done anything in the mind of the carnal person.
He has, however, provided the way to cast of the carnality and be reborn to walk in the spirit instead of in the flesh. (Rom 8:4-10)

Loyal
That is it in a nut shell.
The Israelites fell in the desert because of lack of faith.
That lack of faith was manifested by their sinning.
Sin manifests carnality
Quite the vicious circle...eh?

BTW, God hasn't done anything in the mind of the carnal person.
He has, however, provided the way to cast of the carnality and be reborn to walk in the spirit instead of in the flesh. (Rom 8:4-10)

Ok. Now show me, if you will, where does God tell us to do all the cleaning up in our selves. I mean, if we could do it, we would not need a savior. We would,or could simply make ourselves acceptable and pay our own penalty for the sin in our lives. But the Word says that Jesus is the Way, the truth, the life. The Word says we e renew our minds with the washing of water by the Word, the Word does the renewing, not us. We do not kill the old man, he died just like the wages of sin demands. All we have to do is to discipline ourselves to get into the pool of His Word and obey it. Am I wrong?