• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

hello my brother and sister
my name is saeed and i am muslim in IRAN
Now, i am upset for my religion, because i am forced to be muslim when i was born and its not my choise
i think Christian is better than islum. Please help and guide me

* sorry if it is on wrong forum

Active
Hi Saeed,
Congratulations....looks like God is calling you.... a very good sign that you may well be in the light of truth ( God) and ready to become a Christian. Guidance for you can be a difficult thing, Once you begin to understand this, you will begin to understand that it is about God calling you first ( what is in your heart now) and your response , truly, nothing anyone can do for you...it is between you and God alone! Here is what I can offer at this time:
  • I know you must be in a dangerous position because of where you are and would be considered a Muslim Apostate ( I can explain that further if needed).
  • First, I would seek out other Christians in your area.
  • Nothing can replace learning and knowing the Bible for yourself but here is a Bible verse that fits you situation and, once understood, you can even teach others: Romans 10: 8-13

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
    9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
    11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”
    12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,
    13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
  • If you need any help with this or anything else reply on this open forum or PM (Private Message) me!
Joe

Staff Member
Praying for you @Saeed Gholami Z
First welcome to Talk Jesus.
That you have been led here, we count it as a blessing.

Many from the very beginning asked this question as well. What shall we do to be Saved?

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself."

Romans 10:9,10 "Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."

This is the beginning of a new day for you when you believe in your heart Saeed and profess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, your Lord! Alleluia!

If this is what you believe and profess. Then you are no longer Muslim but a believer in Jesus Christ and a follower of Him who died for you and rose again! A Christian as the world would call us, and to me a Brother in Christ Jesus!

My prayers go heavenward for you Saeed!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Hi Saeed,
Congratulations....looks like God is calling you.... a very good sign that you may well be in the light of truth ( God) and ready to become a Christian. Guidance for you can be a difficult thing, Once you begin to understand this, you will begin to understand that it is about God calling you first ( what is in your heart now) and your response , truly, nothing anyone can do for you...it is between you and God alone! Here is what I can offer at this time:
  • I know you must be in a dangerous position because of where you are and would be considered a Muslim Apostate ( I can explain that further if needed).
  • First, I would seek out other Christians in your area.
  • Nothing can replace learning and knowing the Bible for yourself but here is a Bible verse that fits you situation and, once understood, you can even teach others: Romans 10: 8-13

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
    9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
    11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”
    12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,
    13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
  • If you need any help with this or anything else reply on this open forum or PM (Private Message) me!
Joe

thanks a lot dear born again
i should to start reading Bible,at first
but i need reason to be strong in my way
and you right about Muslim Apostate so i have to hide my decision

Praying for you @Saeed Gholami Z
First welcome to Talk Jesus.
That you have been led here, we count it as a blessing.

Many from the very beginning asked this question as well. What shall we do to be Saved?

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself."

Romans 10:9,10 "Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."

This is the beginning of a new day for you when you believe in your heart Saeed and profess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, your Lord! Alleluia!

If this is what you believe and profess. Then you are no longer Muslim but a believer in Jesus Christ and a follower of Him who died for you and rose again! A Christian as the world would call us, and to me a Brother in Christ Jesus!

My prayers go heavenward for you Saeed!

YBIC
Nick
<><

Thank you Christ4Ever
when i saw The Ten Commandments movie, my heart broken and cried for Jesus and it was first light
but still i am uncertain and need more reason, that be strong in my way and fight with my conscience and past

Staff Member
Pray to God and ask Him to confirm what you know to be true. For He can see into your heart and will see the need within you to know, the truth that is in Jesus.

Just bring it before Him in prayer/supplication and rest assured that the confirmation that is to come is between you and Him will occur. That Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior that you have been seeking.

I will continue to pray for you Saeed, in the name of Jesus Christ that the path you are to travel is made clear and firm.

YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Thank you Christ4Ever
when i saw The Ten Commandments movie, my heart broken and cried for Jesus and it was first light
but still i am uncertain and need more reason, that be strong in my way and fight with my conscience and past

Hi Saeed

When we grasp what Jesus has done for us, we are obligated to deal with it. I assume you have? We either allow His sacrifice on the cross to humble us and lead to sincere repentance of our sins. Or we harden our hearts, as we choose to 'love the darkness' John 3:19 'The wicked reject Jesus / the light because they love the darkness'. Religion is darkness. Dead works is darkness. Pride is darkness.

It is paramount that we grasp and hold onto what God has done for us through Jesus. Focus on Jesus and your desire to accept and serve Him.The logistics of it all is not your concern, it is God's Psalm 37:23 'The steps of the righteous are lead by the Lord'.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Saeed Gholami Z

I'm glad to hear you're focused on Christ and receiving Him. Nothing in the world is more important in life and a better decision to make than to acknowledge who Jesus is, receive His gift of forgiveness and eternal salvation. There's no other way to GOD but through Jesus Christ. I will pray for your strength, wisdom and revelation of Christ to you.

Loyal
@Saeed Gholami Z - Glad to know that you are seeking Jesus Christ. Here are some additional scriptures that should help you understand what it means to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and as Savior of your life:

Luke 9:23-25 (Jesus is speaking here): And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?

1 Peter 2:24-25: And He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

Titus 2:11-14: For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Pray to God and ask Him to confirm what you know to be true. For He can see into your heart and will see the need within you to know, the truth that is in Jesus.

Just bring it before Him in prayer/supplication and rest assured that the confirmation that is to come is between you and Him will occur. That Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior that you have been seeking.

I will continue to pray for you Saeed, in the name of Jesus Christ that the path you are to travel is made clear and firm.

YBIC
Nick
<><

Hi Saeed

When we grasp what Jesus has done for us, we are obligated to deal with it. I assume you have? We either allow His sacrifice on the cross to humble us and lead to sincere repentance of our sins. Or we harden our hearts, as we choose to 'love the darkness' John 3:19 'The wicked reject Jesus / the light because they love the darkness'. Religion is darkness. Dead works is darkness. Pride is darkness.

It is paramount that we grasp and hold onto what God has done for us through Jesus. Focus on Jesus and your desire to accept and serve Him.The logistics of it all is not your concern, it is God's Psalm 37:23 'The steps of the righteous are lead by the Lord'.

Hi @Saeed Gholami Z

I'm glad to hear you're focused on Christ and receiving Him. Nothing in the world is more important in life and a better decision to make than to acknowledge who Jesus is, receive His gift of forgiveness and eternal salvation. There's no other way to GOD but through Jesus Christ. I will pray for your strength, wisdom and revelation of Christ to you.

@Saeed Gholami Z - Glad to know that you are seeking Jesus Christ. Here are some additional scriptures that should help you understand what it means to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and as Savior of your life:

Luke 9:23-25 (Jesus is speaking here): And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. For what is a man profited if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits himself?

1 Peter 2:24-25: And He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

Titus 2:11-14: For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

thank you for yours reply
I need strong reason, I don't want be muslim and looking for best religion and found Jesus.
in my country,religion, family and culture this is big sin and for them i am Kafir (pagan) so if they kill me can go to paradise.in other words i will be considered a Muslim Apostate.
That's why I'm scared and I need strong reasons to put my life at risk for it
I am confused, why Jesus chose me?
Can Jesus protect me?

Staff Member
Saueed,
I cannot even begin to say I can relate to the threat that will hover over your head in confessing Jesus Christ as you Lord, Savior and being Baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Your trust is and must be in Him alone. The same for any who have been called of Him. There is great anticipation in this. For your life is His in Jesus Christ.

[Psa 56:11 KJV] In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Yet, knowing that even should you arrive sooner rather than later to end that we all will meet one day. In Him it will be no sooner than He will desire it to be.

[Luk 12:4-8 KJV] And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Know Saueed, that Jesus calls us to forsake everything for Him. Yes, even our life becomes His. For many this is too difficult price to bare and turn from him.

[Luk 9:57-62 NKJV] Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, [that] someone said to Him, "Lord, I will follow You wherever You go." And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air [have] nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay [His] head." Then He said to another, "Follow Me." But he said, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God." And another also said, "Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go [and] bid them farewell who are at my house." But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

For what is yours in Jesus Christ is worth everything.

[Mat 13:45-46 NKJV] 45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, 46 "who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

So, it remains that you must choose in whom you will trust and obey. Man or God?

You are not far from my thoughts Saeed and know that I continue to pray for you.

YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
I need strong reason, I don't want be muslim and looking for best religion and found Jesus.
in my country,religion, family and culture this is big sin and for them i am Kafir (pagan) so if they kill me can go to paradise.in other words i will be considered a Muslim Apostate.
Can Jesus protect me?
How are your options for leaving the country? I would kick that into full gear.

There are many Christians from America and Syria in Iran. In 2014 it is estimated that there were 370 000 Christians there. If you can't leave, I would approach a Christian church there and found out from them what your options are.

But I can safely assume your options are limited. You have to leave. If they are not cruel to you, they will be to your future family. I don't know if God could use you much there being an apostate. Most of the Christians there are not apostates.

Loyal

There are many Christians from America and Syria in Iran. In 2014 it is estimated that there were 370 000 Christians there. If you can't leave, I would approach a Christian church there and found out from them what your options are.

But I can safely assume your options are limited. You have to leave. If they are not cruel to you, they will be to your future family. I don't know if God could use you much there being an apostate. Most of the Christians there are not apostates.

Most of the Christians there have not converted to Christianity from the Muslim faith? I think that is what he means by apostate, unless I misunderstand.

Active
Most of the Christians there have not converted to Christianity from the Muslim faith? I think that is what he means by apostate, unless I misunderstand.
Apostate means you abandon Islam for another faith. Most Christians there did not do this according to Google. They are from outside or were born as such.

Active
Can Jesus protect me?
I just want to add that I don't think you will achieve much from being another Christian martyr, nor that it is God's will.

We can tell you to make a stand for Jesus, but that does not mean you announce to all that you are a Christian and allow them to throw you off a building. You may as well do that yourself. You will achieve the same result.

We have protestants dominating America and other parts because they fled the Catholic church in Europe. Fleeing is not cowardice or shame for Jesus. It is use of God given brains (wisdom), self defense / protection of family.

I can only see you leaving Iran as a viable option. Do you have family elsewhere / preferably a 'western' country?

Active
Can Jesus protect me?
Only Jesus can protect you from Spiritual Death once you have your physical death...not Mohammed or Allah!

Saueed,
I cannot even begin to say I can relate to the threat that will hover over your head in confessing Jesus Christ as you Lord, Savior and being Baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Your trust is and must be in Him alone. The same for any who have been called of Him. There is great anticipation in this. For your life is His in Jesus Christ.

[Psa 56:11 KJV] In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Yet, knowing that even should you arrive sooner rather than later to end that we all will meet one day. In Him it will be no sooner than He will desire it to be.

[Luk 12:4-8 KJV] And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Know Saeed, that Jesus calls us to forsake everything for Him. Yes, even our life becomes His. For many this is too difficult price to bare and turn from him.

[Luk 9:57-62 NKJV] Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, [that] someone said to Him, "Lord, I will follow You wherever You go." And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air [have] nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay [His] head." Then He said to another, "Follow Me." But he said, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God." And another also said, "Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go [and] bid them farewell who are at my house." But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

For what is yours in Jesus Christ is worth everything.

[Mat 13:45-46 NKJV] 45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, 46 "who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

So, it remains that you must choose in whom you will trust and obey. Man or God?

You are not far from my thoughts Saeed and know that I continue to pray for you.

YBIC
Nick
<><

you are right but at first is hard I accept all of your word
I want to know Christ more
I trust To GOD but i my country and religion, people dont know Jesus's GOD and Allah is only god

Loyal
I just want to add that I don't think you will achieve much from being another Christian martyr, nor that it is God's will.

We can tell you to make a stand for Jesus, but that does not mean you announce to all that you are a Christian and allow them to throw you off a building. You may as well do that yourself. You will achieve the same result.

Mark 8:34-38: And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 35 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. 36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? 37 For what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

2 Timothy 1:7-9: For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. 8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.

Matthew 10:26-39: “Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops. 28 Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

32 “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.

37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

Psalm 11:1: “In the Lord I take refuge; How can you say to my soul, ‘Flee as a bird to your mountain’?”

It's good Idea but to leave my country and go where?
Be Christian guilty or not guilty, But in Islam if you convert or exit your faith is great and unforgivable sin, in this case any Muslim can kill you

Loyal
Some basics:

• Get hold of a Bible if you can. Start with accounts of Jesus' life in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
  • Pray. Ask the one true God to reveal himself to you and to guide you into truth
  • Find other believers and meet with them if you can.
Blessings