• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Where do we go when we die?

Loyal
Where do we go one we die?

This should be clear in all our minds, but as we know it isn't, people come up with lots of ideas, some from scripture, some out of context, but some can be genuine misunderstandings from badly translated scripture, even from the KJV Bible.

What is Hades?
What is Shoel?
What is Hell?
What about Abraham's bossom?
What about soul sleep?
What about consciousness after death?

A dear brother posted recently, we do not go to heaven when we die... Do we or don't we, it is all in this video!

Did Jesus go to Hell when crucified?
Where is Paradise, the place that Jesus told the thief on the cross 'Today YOU will be with ME in PARADISE'
Do the dead know what is happening in this world? This can be linked with another question are they looking down on us?
What about the conversation between the rich man and Lazarus between the great gulf?
Who will be judged?
What about the lake of fire?

All these questions and more are answered in the video, you may be born again from above, you may not be, the path we are on when we take our last breath leads to what happens after we die. Are we on the wide path, are we on the narrow path, do we know which path we are on? The path we are on when we take our last breath, dictates where we go from there on, the outcome is unchangeable from that point, the line is drawn and it is not in sand, we have set our own destiny. Read John 3:1-21, particularly verse 18. Verse 18 makes it very clear we are totally responsible for our choices in this life, where we end up is our decision. The beginning of the passage tells us we must be born again, the middle tells us of God's amazing love for us, that Jesus had to be crucified, he had to shed his blood, he had to become the perfect once and for all sacrifice for the sins of us all, the latter part is the conclusion and confirms it is our choice, we will have no one to blame. The passage also includes another important Truth, verse 16 says ' whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.' All verses elsewhere that say believe on him, call on him and similar carry the same conditions, it is not just believing and calling on him, we must be born again, born anew, become new creations, or we will not see, we will not enter the Kingdom of God. Paradise or Torment we have a choice.

I have watched the video in the link in the past but was drawn back to it again yesterday and today. I may have shared it in the past, if so I apologise but that said the video is worth watching several times. If I have not shared it in the past, again I apologise, the content of this video, I believe, should be watched by every saved soul, it should be watched by every heart searching soul, it should be shared with lost souls, there are so many ideas, and false teaching in the world.

It is the best explanation I have come across, and it is All, according to The Word of God, it even includes badly translated scriptures from the KJV which were corrected in the NKJV Bible. The errors shown show how easy it is to misunderstand Shoel, Hades, Abraham's bossom, the discussion between the rich man and Lazarus and more.

Grab a cuppa, pen and paper at hand if you so wish, it is a roadmap with a destination of our own making. Video length approx. 30 minutes

CLICK HERE >>> WHERE DO I GO WHEN I DIE?

Shalom

Active
Please be more specific regarding your thoughts.

Ecclesiastes is quoted and confirms misunderstanding.
I appreciate that you don't understand.
I'll refer you to these verses in the book so that you may grow to understand.

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Ecclesiastes12:7 OJB
Then shall the aphar return to ha’aretz as it was; and the ruach shall return unto HaElohim who gave it.

ASV)
and the dust returneth to the earth as it was, and the spirit returneth unto God who gave it.

Loyal

Genesis 2:7 Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Then shall the aphar return to ha’aretz as it was; and the ruach shall return unto HaElohim who gave it.

ASV)
and the dust returneth to the earth as it was, and the spirit returneth unto God who gave it.
Sorry, but LOL! Bunny told "Brother-Paul";
"I'll refer you to these verses in the book so that you may grow to understand."

Another day in The neighborhood. Not a dull moment. My brothers and sisters in Christ, Keeping it real. LOL!

I don't care where I go when I die. All I care about is loving God with all my heart, soul, and mind. God will take care of the rest.

Loyal
I don't care where I go when I die. All I care about is loving God with all my heart, soul, and mind. God will take care of the rest.
Yes you do care :eyes:....... Because you must also believe the "promise" in order to love him with all of your heart, soul, and mind. "The Hope of Glory"

Loyal
If a person Does love the Lord God with all your heart, soul and mind then they Will want to be with Him for all eternity. But that won't happen automatically. A person Still needs to accept for him/ herself -- God's plan For our salvation.

Acknowledging their personal need For being saved. That they are being saved From having to spend eternity in hell / lake of fire and brimstone. And the way for that to happen is to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God // that He died on the cross, was buried and that He rose again bodily on the 3rd day.

It's believing in your Hear and confessing with your mouth the Lord Jesus.

Active
"I'll refer you to these verses in the book so that you may grow to understand."

Another day in The neighborhood. Not a dull moment. My brothers and sisters in Christ, Keeping it real. LOL!
I don't find their admission of lack of understanding to be funny.

Active
Wise words. We don't worry nor care about after this life while living it.
Jesus assured us of our destiny in him.
Better to care about his leading us in his service, and being about the father's business in this life.

Loyal
But our destiny isn't automatically with Him. Good works on our part don't assure us Anything in the future eternity.

We Should be caring about ours and others eternal life. Those decisions are made Now.

People around us Are looking at our lives in the here and now. What are They seeing in / through Us.

Active
But our destiny isn't automatically with Him.
Valid point. I should have been more specific and included our identity in my observation. To say instead, Christians don't worry nor care about after this life while living it.
Good works on our part don't assure us Anything in the future eternity.

We Should be caring about ours and others eternal life. Those decisions are made Now.

People around us Are looking at our lives in the here and now. What are They seeing in / through Us.
Christians not victims of false doctrine know good works do not save the sinner.

Whereas the Christian is led to do good works by holy spirit, in service to God. And these works by us shall be judged after we die.

While we Christians are saved eternally through faith and this is God's free irrevocable gift. This is why we have no care for what happens after this life because Jesus assured us of our destiny through his promise.

We need care about serving God's purpose and plan for us. The after life part is destined by his promise. God's got this. :) :love:

Loyal
A lot of people come from backgrounds teaching a good- works based salvation. That's why salvation by grace through faith is hard to grasp. Our tendency is to Want to help God -- to complete our salvation.

And, yes, we Are led by the Holy Spirit to the good works that God has for us To do.

Loyal
I laughing at you, Most likely "Brother-Paul" has forgotten more than you know. And you are in error and don't even know it. And you going to teach him. Hello!
You are going to get me in trouble :eyes: You go play with the "kindergarten" and "Pliable".

The Bible says: You present yourself to GOD 1st., and meets HIS Approvel not man

Amplified Bible
Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.

Christian Standard Bible
Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn’t need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.

American Standard Version
Give diligence to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, handling aright the word of truth.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And take care of yourself, that you present yourself perfectly before God, a laborer without shame, who preaches the word of truth straightforwardly.

I going to warn you right now, you ain't ready! For You are not skilled enough, in "The WORD of Truth", You are not skilled in the "WHOLE ARMOR of GOD" there is a devil out Here, And he does not take "Prisoners"! And He is not weak! And he is not at your Command.

I am not the enemy.:eyes: and you are like a "Mosquito" or "BumbleBEE" buzzing around my head.

We don't know how old you are, male or female, married, widow, widower, do you have kids, divorce or senior citizen date of Salvation, no Testimony or nothing. You are Like a "Secret Society". It is alright, it is your choice if you want to stay in the dark.

Active

ASV)

Bunny,

I don't know if your intellect is on a higher plane than mine, one to which I couldn't begin to aspire to - or if you've completely missed the point. @Brother-Paul shares a video (I've not looked at it yet but I fully intend to) he prefaces it with a whole list of really thought provoking questions and notions that have got my gastric juices flowing and your response is ... errr Ecclesiastes 12. What? I'm not sure I can see the link either but when asked to explain you just call @Brother-Paul 'thick' or words to that effect.

I'm sorry, but that's out of order and not in-keeping with the spirit of love that we're supposed to feel towards one another John 13:35. I've seen too many similar instances here in TJ and bit my lip.

BTW, IMO Ecclesiastes is a book to be studied in context and to quote from it risks out of context error. It's purpose is to show to us that human ambitions, including wisdom, have very limited long term worth. It was written by Solomon way after his mid-life crisis, he was in 'grumpy old man' mindset, summed up in Ecclesiastes 12:8.

Loyal
I'll refer you to these verses in the book so that you may grow to understand

Now a comment like that shows the arrogance of some who call themselves Christians.

I would never make a statement like that, I wouldn't comment like that to a lost soul. I brush the sand from my feet and walk away, except to conclude with the reason for sharing the video and reply to your first post.

Let's look at your first post first shall we.

Your reply... Ecclesiastes 12

If anyone replied to a post with a 'chapter's from scripture, I will never comment on that scripture, hence the reason I asked you to confirm more.

Then you have the arrogance to say

Not happy with that you the go on to add...

I have seen these attitudes in places of worship, it is troublesome, it causes friction, it is sad but sadly common. May the good Lord forgive you, I have.

Now the reason for the posting of the video, which should be obvious with the comments included.

Over the past few months, and longer, there have been discussion regarding, hades, shoel, Abrahams blossom, the rich man and Lazarus, the gulf, what happens to the spirit and the soul when we die.

From that and taking into account the incorrect translations being examined it seemed, to me, an ideal video to share.

No where did I say it was my view entire, but there is, I believe a lot of scripture based Truth in there.

I cannot speak as you have @BunnyOnion except to say we all have a lot to learn and there is more than one lesson in the video and conversation

Shalom

Loyal

Greeting PB

Apology accepted. ;)

Sometimes it is not wise to add petrol to a fire.

Fortunately I do not have a high horse to get off.

Sometimes it is not what is said it us how we say things, and these situations are common in many places of worship. I know, I have been a Christian along time, I have been coming here longer than you, etc, etc.

As we know PB, statement as above from BO can cause friction, retaliation, gossip, back biting, back stabbing and more. All supposedly in Jesus Name.

Peace be with us all.

Loyal

Greeting Peter,

Thank you for your comments, they are so true.

The reason for sharing the video was that it answers many questions that have been discussed on here over recent months.

I agree with your comments 100% but feel there are a couple of reasons for knowing what happens when we die.

1 - We wouldn't go on holiday to another country, without checking what we need and looking into the nice things we are to see and enjoy.

2 - There is so much 'Fake teaching and preaching around' having been warned by Jesus about such things, for me, I prefer to know more, so we can share The Truth with others.

There are some ministers who think we will sit on clouds strumming a harp. There are so many funeral services where even ministers tell untruths to the ones still living. The person just passed away has gone to heaven, God has created a place for them, etc.

Where we go when we die has become a Mish Mash of worldy ideas, many preached in places of worship because, the minister doesn't know, or he is being compassionate si tells a lie they will accept.

Bless you brother

Loyal
I don't find their admission of lack of understanding to be funny.

And I don't find your lack of understanding funny, further to that I don't find your attitude funny.

How can you say, a person has a lack of understanding, when you don't understand quoting a full chapter with no further comments leaves the reader wondering, why is this person being so vague?

I do hope this helps you understand, that the misunderstanding was obvious to be, because you didn't understand by adding a little more to your comment it would have been clearer which part of the chapter or verse(s) you were referring to. Then we would all understand if you understand what I am saying.

One thing I thing is clear, it is not funny!

Shalom