• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What is the mind of Christ and how do we attain it?

2Th 3:2 and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith.

All men have "faith", but not all men have the "spirit of faith" (2 Cor 4:13) that comes from the "Word" of God

Faith or faithing as it relates to the living God ( not his words or promises) is a specific act, based upon a specific belief, sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

Vines definition. " A personal surrender to"Him", ( not His word) and a life inspired by such surrender."

Loyal
Faith or faithing as it relates to the living God ( not his words or promises) is a specific act, based upon a specific belief, sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

Vines definition. " A personal surrender to"Him", ( not His word) and a life inspired by such surrender."
How can a person surrender to God if they don't surrender to His Word who is God?

Joh 13:35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

So the world hates us, we don't belong to them, yet they have the discernment to know what love is? And what a disciple of Christ looks like?

Todays " christian " doesn't even know what a real Christian looks like!

How can someone hate you unless they first know you?

Really? Knowing someone first to be able to hate them has never been a prerequisite for hateing.

But being a disciple of Christ is a prerequisite to know a disciple of Christ.

Loyal
So the world hates us, we don't belong to them, yet they have the discernment to know what love is? And what a disciple of Christ looks like?

Todays " christian " doesn't even know what a real Christian looks like!
How can a Christain be a Christain (which means to be Christ-like) unless he knows what Christ looks like?

Loyal
Really? Knowing someone first to be able to hate them has never been a prerequisite for hateing.

But being a disciple of Christ is a prerequisite to know a disciple of Christ.
Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

We're talking about what the correct response to the call of the Father is. It's communicated to us in the Greek by the use of the word pisteuo, used 248 times in the NT.

Loyal
We're talking about what the correct response to the call of the Father is. It's communicated to us in the Greek by the use of the word pisteuo, used 248 times in the NT.
Nobody can "believe" without first having faith which comes by hearing the voice of the Word of God!

Loyal
How about your understanding of what saving Faith is?
Understanding is NOT because anyone logically mentally understands it. Understanding is by faith!

Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Faith gives understanding. Understanding does not produce faith at any time!

Nobody can "believe" without first having faith which comes by hearing the voice of the Word of God!

There is no such thing as " believing " , that word is a mistranslation of the Greek word pisteuo.

So if you've built your understanding on " believe and recieve", just reread the last six pages of this thread. After you read what I've already posted, you can ask questions if you have the desire to.

Loyal
There is no such thing as " believing " , that word is a mistranslation of the Greek word pisteuo.

So if you've built your understanding on " believe and recieve", just reread the last six pages of this thread. After you read what I've already posted, you can ask questions if you have the desire to.
I do not need to ask you any questions about belief, or believing as I have the scriptures that reveal the truth by the Spirit of God. I also have many many dictionaries, concordances, and the like, more than I need to look up words if I have to.

Understanding is NOT because anyone logically mentally understands it. Understanding is by faith!

Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

Faith gives understanding. Understanding does not produce faith at any time!
I do not need to ask you any questions about belief, or believing as I have the scriptures that reveal the truth by the Spirit of God. I also have many many dictionaries, concordances, and the like, more than I need to look up words if I have to.

Okay, have you received the Spirit of Christ? And if so, how?

Loyal
" A personal surrender to"Him", ( not His word) and a life inspired by such surrender."
You see this answer you posted, " A personal surrender to"Him", ( not His word) " This is called a "red light" as no one can surrender to God without surrendering to God's Word which is where faith comes from! You have a major flaw in your theology!

You see this answer you posted, " A personal surrender to"Him", ( not His word) " This is called a "red light" as no one can surrender to God without surrendering to God's Word which is where faith comes from! You have a major flaw in your theology!

So straighten me out!

Have you received the Spirit of Christ? And if so, how?

Loyal
Okay, have you received the Spirit of Christ? And if so, how?
Rom 10:14 But how are people to call upon Him Whom they have not believed [in Whom they have no faith, on Whom they have no reliance]? And how are they to believe in Him [adhere to, trust in, and rely upon Him] of Whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? (AMP)

Everything "begins" by hearing the Word of God without which no one can believe without having faith first!