• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

What is the mind of Christ and how do we attain it?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:17)

Loyal
The "mind of Christ" is not something we attain to, it is what all believers have, and all we have to do is "let this mind be in you......" for we have the mind of Christ....

Staff Member
And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.
But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1Corinthians 2:1-16

Staff Member
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Philippians 2:2-8

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.
But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1Corinthians 2:1-16
Hi Dr. Bear.

If we have a gifted teacher, they can show us how the Spirit of Christ is the recieved, what's happens when we receive it, and what it's like to live with it. But the " mind of Christ " , how it's recieved, what happens when we receive it, and what it's like to live with it are not given. So what that means is we must have the accual experience. The only way to know what it's like to have the mind of Christ is to experience it, it can't be parroted from the scriptures.

So what is your experience Dr. Bear? What happened when you received the mind of Christ, and what is it like to live with it?

I present this question to all here in this thread.

Staff Member
If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.
John 15:7-9

Is one interested in the Father being glorified?

Bless you ....><>

If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples. As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.
John 15:7-9

Is one interested in the Father being glorified?

Bless you ....><>
I'm not seeing an answer to my question in that reply.

Loyal
Hi Dr. Bear.

If we have a gifted teacher, they can show us how the Spirit of Christ is the recieved, what's happens when we receive it, and what it's like to live with it. But the " mind of Christ " , how it's recieved, what happens when we receive it, and what it's like to live with it are not given. So what that means is we must have the accual experience. The only way to know what it's like to have the mind of Christ is to experience it, it can't be parroted from the scriptures.

So what is your experience Dr. Bear? What happened when you received the mind of Christ, and what is it like to live with it?

I present this question to all here in this thread.
There are three different ways a person can know another person. (1) By reading what that person has said in the past. (2) Fellowshipping with that person. (3) the ultimate way that exceeds all others is having that person dwell in you, and allow him to live his life through you! Scripture tell us that the Holy Spirit is the only one who knows the thoughts of God, and it is he ( the Holy Spirit) that reveals everything the Father has prepared for them that love him!

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit of God is being filled with the thoughts of God! (the mind of Christ)

There are three different ways a person can know another person. (1) By reading what that person has said in the past. (2) Fellowshipping with that person. (3) the ultimate way that exceeds all others is having that person dwell in you, and allow him to live his life through you! Scripture tell us that the Holy Spirit is the only one who knows the thoughts of God, and it is he ( the Holy Spirit) that reveals everything the Father has prepared for them that love him!

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit of God is being filled with the thoughts of God! (the mind of Christ)
If we have the Spirit of Christ, we also have the mind of Christ, right?

The effects of having the Spirit of Christ are woven throughout the scriptures. But the effects of what happens when we have the mind of Christ are not.

What this means is anyone can claim a scripture and say this is in me. With the mind of Christ, we would only know what happens if we have the actual experience.

The bad news is people can't parrot the effects from scripture. The good news, is by having the experience we can see if the ones claiming to have the Spirit of Christ really do or not.

Staff Member
I'm not seeing an answer to my question in that reply.

That would come under the effects of having the Spirit of Christ. I'm focused on the effects of having the mind of Christ which has its own specific effects.

Loyal
The effects of having the Spirit of Christ are woven throughout the scriptures. But the effects of what happens when we have the mind of Christ are not.
So are all the promises contained in scripture, but what the scripture says we already have, and experiencing them are two different things. You can NOT believie in what you do not know, and you can NOT experience what you do not believe!

The mind of Christ,leads us in the same way he himself was and is led!!( Rom 8:14-15!!) Here are some examples ( Luke 4:1, Matt 4:1, Gal 5:18, and Mark 1:12)

So are all the promises contained in scripture, but what the scripture says we already have, and experiencing them are two different things. You can NOT believie in what you do not know, and you can NOT experience what you do not believe!
The words believe, believing, and believer, are mistranslations. So any arguments built on them are foundationally incorrect.

Please tell me what you think "believe" means.
The words believe, believer, and believing, are the English language translation of the Greek word" pisteuo", used 248 times in the NT.

When the translators needed a word to correctly translate pisteuo into the English language, there wasn't one! The English language doesn't have a corresponding verb to the noun Faith, like the Greek does. So they were forced to choose a different word that would come close to it, hence believe, believer, and believing. These words are part of pisteuo as a whole , but taken on their own is error. Believe, believer, and believing are corresponding verbs to the noun" Belief " , not the noun " Faith ". The Greek language doesn't have the words believe, believer, and believing in their vocabulary. There is only pisteuo, moving towards God, and Apisteuo moving away from God. No middle or neutral ground.

Pisteuo, is the corresponding verb to the noun Pistis, where we get our English word Faith. Pisteuo being a verb is an action word. As pisteuo relates to the living God, the right question isn't what I think it means, but what the Greek dictionary says it means.

Vines, " a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender. Producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation of truth."

Strong's gives the disclaimer," pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

Pisteuo is an act, based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence.

If you can consume this and have no questions, we could talk about what specific act, based upon what specific belief, sustained by what specific kind of confidence.

Notice father that is there opinion of what it means. Belief to me is simple. Action is associated with a true belief. ( bearing good fruit)I ask Curtis where the bank is at,he tells me, I follow his instructions. WHY??? because I believe him.