• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Rapture

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE RAPTURE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the gathering is in the end. The rapture is taking the restrainer away.
Let me ask the question again in a little more detail - maybe a fill in the blank type of question..
The gathering is the end of " "?

What or who is this restrainer? The restrainer is " "?

Active
Here's the problem with that.

The Christian world believes in an enormous amount false eschatology, and I blame it all on the many high profile prophecy experts who teach -pre-trib - a one world government and religion - a global mark of the beast - the rebuilding of a Jewish temple - a 'peace treaty' - and so on. Then they tie in the EU and the Pope and disregard everything else! They don't care if there's a mountain of evidence AGAINST what they believe - they're going to continue believing what they want anyway! Why? Because the words, "I was wrong" doesn't exist is the vocabulary of most Christians.

None of that is going to pass. So what am I getting at? In your previous reply you placed the rapture BEFORE the revelation of the man of sin. Here you're saying that if we see the anti-Christ sit in the holy place, we don't have to watch anymore. Well, the holy place is not a Jewish temple and the anti-Christ is NOT a global dictator. You see, so many people believe these 'prophecy experts' and they've accepted the teachings of these prophecy expert intellectuals 'line, hook, and sinker.' It's as though they don't research things on their own, and when they do, they approach their studies only to reinforce what they already believe.
Then what is the antichrist according to you?
There was one guy who said it was not worldwide and only in Israel and surrounding countries. Some muslim antichrist who America would destroy. Shoebat or something.
Jesus said:

I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.

Active
Let me ask the question again in a little more detail - maybe a fill in the blank type of question..
The gathering is the end of " "?

What or who is this restrainer? The restrainer is " "?
The gathering is after the trib when Jesus comes back. The restrainer is the church. It can't be the Holy Spirit, because ppl still get saved in the trib and He convinces the world of sin.

Then what is the antichrist according to you?
There was one guy who said it was not worldwide and only in Israel and surrounding countries. Some muslim antichrist who America would destroy. Shoebat or something.
Jesus said:

I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
Walid Shoebat has a several pages on the Islamic anti-Christ but I have read very little of it.

What is the anti-Christ to me? I can't explain that in just a few words. If I did, it would be misunderstood. Some people think the end-time anti-Christ is not a man but a spirit.

I'll see if I can edit my pages and compile one to explain. It won't be easy so it may take a few days. No promises here.

The verse you quote...

"I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive."

So many have interpreted that to mean that the anti-Christ would come in the literal name of Jesus.

First thing to notice is the word IF! Jesus is NOT saying that the man of sin would come in Jesus' real name when in fact he is talking to the Pharisees who didn't believe he was who he said he was.

IF - is a conjunction - a conditional participle - Thayer says...

a conditional particle (derived from εἰ ἄν) which makes reference to time and to experience, introducing something future, but not determining, before the event, whether it is certainly to take place;

Active
Walid Shoebat has a several pages on the Islamic anti-Christ but I have read very little of it.

What is the anti-Christ to me? I can't explain that in just a few words. If I did, it would be misunderstood. Some people think the end-time anti-Christ is not a man but a spirit.

I'll see if I can edit my pages and compile one to explain. It won't be easy so it may take a few days. No promises here.
He dies and then gets raised. I think it's a demon in a man's body or satan himself.

Active
And he's not a resurrected Nero like so many believe.
Nero is too ugly.
I just believe that dream from Ken Peters.

The man that I saw on the television, the man that could do signs and wonders and fix all the problems, I will never forget his face. As long as I live I will never forget his face. His face was almost supernatural in appearance. He was almost too perfect. For lack of better terms, he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. This man had everything going together for him, everything. He had kind of a chiseled look about his face. And everything about his appearance was almost perfect. When he spoke, there was a very strange quality about him.

Nero is too ugly.
I just believe that dream from Ken Peters.

The man that I saw on the television, the man that could do signs and wonders and fix all the problems, I will never forget his face. As long as I live I will never forget his face. His face was almost supernatural in appearance. He was almost too perfect. For lack of better terms, he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. This man had everything going together for him, everything. He had kind of a chiseled look about his face. And everything about his appearance was almost perfect. When he spoke, there was a very strange quality about him.
I don't know who (anti-Christ) or what you're talking about. I would be leery basing any of your eschatology on a dreamer like Ken Peters. He was broke when he had the dream now he's worth over a million.

Have you ever taken a deep look into the scriptures as to what they say about this man - of sin?

The gathering is after the trib when Jesus comes back. The restrainer is the church. It can't be the Holy Spirit, because ppl still get saved in the trib and He convinces the world of sin.
How is the church restraining anything that comes out of Islam? Even if you don't believe in an Islamic anti-Christ, how is the church restraining - holding back, the revelation of the man of sin? UH OH! I know - you're pre-trib and that's what they've been teaching. Some pre-tribbers think when the rapture happens the holy spirit is removed, but that idea has resulted in too many contradictions.

There are several theories about who or what the restrainer is. Here's the most popular ideas...
1) the Roman government.
2) gospel preaching.
3) the binding of Satan.
4) the providence of God.
5) the church.
6) the Holy Spirit.
7) Michael the archangel.
8) the Jewish state; Israel.

I could give you my reasons why 1-6 cannot be the restrainer, some of them like #6 should not need explaining. I give Michael a 20% chance, and the Jewish State - an 80% chance.

Active
After the restrainer, church was taken away, he said:
This new leader was not resisted on the implementation of any of his policies, not one. No one stood up to challenge him. No one in America started a revolution. There was no resistance whatsoever, not on a grassroots level, not on a national level, no one.
I don't know who (anti-Christ) or what you're talking about. I would be leery basing any of your eschatology on a dreamer like Ken Peters. He was broke when he had the dream now he's worth over a million.

Have you ever taken a deep look into the scriptures as to what they say about this man - of sin?
No I was never very interested in the ac. I think those texts are (also) about the ac:

Isaiah 14

Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
Is this the man who made the earth tremble,

Ezekiel 28

Will you still say before him who slays you,
‘I am a god’?
But you shall be a man, and not a god,
In the hand of him who slays you.

After the restrainer, church was taken away, he said:
This new leader was not resisted on the implementation of any of his policies, not one. No one stood up to challenge him. No one in America started a revolution. There was no resistance whatsoever, not on a grassroots level, not on a national level, no one.

No I was never very interested in the ac. I think those texts are (also) about the ac:

Isaiah 14

Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
Is this the man who made the earth tremble,

Ezekiel 28

Will you still say before him who slays you,
‘I am a god’?
But you shall be a man, and not a god,
In the hand of him who slays you.
Isaiah 14 tells us that the man of sin would be an Assyrian. That means he's a Muslim.

Active
How is the church restraining anything that comes out of Islam? Even if you don't believe in an Islamic anti-Christ, how is the church restraining - holding back, the revelation of the man of sin? UH OH! I know - you're pre-trib and that's what they've been teaching. Some pre-tribbers think when the rapture happens the holy spirit is removed, but that idea has resulted in too many contradictions.

There are several theories about who or what the restrainer is. Here's the most popular ideas...
1) the Roman government.
2) gospel preaching.
3) the binding of Satan.
4) the providence of God.
5) the church.
6) the Holy Spirit.
7) Michael the archangel.
8) the Jewish state; Israel.

I could give you my reasons why 1-6 cannot be the restrainer, some of them like #6 should not need explaining. I give Michael a 20% chance, and the Jewish State - an 80% chance.
They pray and many muslims get saved. We would always bind those islam demons to not do attacks here through those ppl.

He doesn't serve the god of his fathers, so I don't think he's muslim. He calls himself god. Ken Peters saw a shriners thing though.

They pray and many muslims get saved. We would always bind those islam demons to not do attacks here through those ppl.

He doesn't serve the god of his fathers, so I don't think he's muslim. He calls himself god. Ken Peters saw a shriners thing though.
I hate to say it but you're listening to prophecy experts like Don Koenig and John Hagee, and a host of others who would rather claim Rome produces the man of sin and false prophet. etc.! I've heard that one before so I can't derail the thread so I'll start a thread on it to expose how these experts thoroughly mislead people. Give me a couple hours because it's a long page and I have a lot of editing to do. Besides that it's supper time! (We call it supper here in NH - not dinner).

Active
I hate to say it but you're listening to prophecy experts like Don Koenig and John Hagee, and a host of others who would rather claim Rome produces the man of sin and false prophet. etc.! I've heard that one before so I can't derail the thread so I'll start a thread on it to expose how these experts thoroughly mislead people. Give me a couple hours because it's a long page and I have a lot of editing to do. Besides that it's supper time! (We call it supper here in NH - not dinner).
I don't listen to them. I read a book from Hal Lindsey in the eighties.

Loyal
Here's the problem with that.

The Christian world believes in an enormous amount false eschatology, and I blame it all on the many high profile prophecy experts who teach -pre-trib - a one world government and religion - a global mark of the beast - the rebuilding of a Jewish temple - a 'peace treaty' - and so on. Then they tie in the EU and the Pope and disregard everything else! They don't care if there's a mountain of evidence AGAINST what they believe - they're going to continue believing what they want anyway! Why? Because the words, "I was wrong" doesn't exist is the vocabulary of most Christians.

None of that is going to pass. So what am I getting at? In your previous reply you placed the rapture BEFORE the revelation of the man of sin. Here you're saying that if we see the anti-Christ sit in the holy place, we don't have to watch anymore. Well, the holy place is not a Jewish temple and the anti-Christ is NOT a global dictator. You see, so many people believe these 'prophecy experts' and they've accepted the teachings of these prophecy expert intellectuals 'line, hook, and sinker.' It's as though they don't research things on their own, and when they do, they approach their studies only to reinforce what they already believe.

And 'we' are supposed to believe what You're saying instead?! Just because You are dead set Against a pre-trib rapture, etc. doesn't mean it's wrong. You're suggesting that You know more / are more accurate than 'most Christians'. Nope

Active
I was reading that book again from the Chinese children who saw heaven and also saw the endtime. They didn't see a rapture. They did see this about christians during the trib:

When persecution was bitter they
were some times caught away bodily by the Holy Spirit as was Philip
and as the
prophets supposed Elijah had been (II Kings 2:16). They were thus by the Spirit carried
away to a place of safety. In time of hunger and need food was miraculously
provided--manna, fruit, and other food. Angels ministered. Strength and boldness
were given to bear a fearless testimony. The Christians had power to speak with
tongues in the languages of strange and unevangelized tribes.

I don't listen to them. I read a book from Hal Lindsey in the eighties.
Yeah I was going to mention his name too but there are too many to mention. I read 'the late great planet earth' too. Is that the one you're talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.