Rice Expert Needed!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
OH Sorry I thought you were getting married...LOL
I usually do 3 cups of rice for my family...3 cups rice to 31/2 cups water a pinch of salt, then I like to add about a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil..Keeps it from sticking to the pan or to itself....and makes it a bit tastier...Let it come to a boil then move it off the burner keeping the lid on for 45 mins to an hour.....I've done it this way for almost forty years...Love it! (Love meaning I like it a lot)
Thanks @Bendito

I've conquered the boiled rice problem....it's the egg fried rice that's causing some difficulties.
So any further experience you can offer will be gratefully received ☺

Loyal Member
Thanks @Bendito

I've conquered the boiled rice problem....it's the egg fried rice that's causing some difficulties.
So any further experience you can offer will be gratefully received ☺
I love cooking I make a wicked spicy chicken stir fry....uh should I say wicked? LOL
When I do egg fried rice I fry the eggs separately and chop them before adding them to the rice..You probably do that, so what problem are you having?

Staff member
Greetings @Bendito

I will have to try cooking the egg first.
I hadn't thought of that
I just added raw egg to the rice but it just didn't cook well....ended up a rather slimy mess.

Thanks for the help:smile:

Loyal Member
Greetings @Bendito

I will have to try cooking the egg first.
I hadn't thought of that
I just added raw egg to the rice but it just didn't cook well....ended up a rather slimy mess.

Thanks for the help:smile:
LOL I might have tried that myself but I had the good fortune to see a Chinee cook making my fried rice in a cafe many many years ago..It stuck in my head so I knew what to do when I tried it the first time....Just drop an egg in the pan, break the yolk and go for it.

My Mommy always told me, "I never use a cookbook...A cook with no imagination is no cook at all" Just use your wonderful imagination and you'll do fine...Really

Loyal Member
LOL I might have tried that myself but I had the good fortune to see a Chinee cook making my fried rice in a cafe many many years ago..It stuck in my head so I knew what to do when I tried it the first time....Just drop an egg in the pan, break the yolk and go for it.

My Mommy always told me, "I never use a cookbook...A cook with no imagination is no cook at all" Just use your wonderful imagination and you'll do fine...Really
Try it this way...
  1. In a small bowl beat the eggs with water.
  2. Melt the butter in a large skillet or a wok over medium heat or until sizzling.
  3. Add in eggs and leave flat for about 2 minutes or until cooked through; remove to a plate then chop.
  4. Heat oil in the same skillet; add in onion and saute until softened (about 3-4 minutes, adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking time).
  5. Add in cold cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper; stir-fry tossing continuously for about 5 minutes (adding in more soy sauce and black pepper if needed to suit taste).
  6. Stir in the egg and green onion.