Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Rice Expert Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Fragrant Grace, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Thanks @Bendito

I've conquered the boiled rice problem....it's the egg fried rice that's causing some difficulties.
    So any further experience you can offer will be gratefully received ☺

Sent from a mobile device
  2. I love cooking I make a wicked spicy chicken stir fry....uh should I say wicked? LOL
    When I do egg fried rice I fry the eggs separately and chop them before adding them to the rice..You probably do that, so what problem are you having?

3. Greetings @Bendito

I will have to try cooking the egg first.
    I hadn't thought of that
    I just added raw egg to the rice but it just didn't cook well....ended up a rather slimy mess.

Thanks for the help:)

Sent from a mobile device
    Bendito likes this.
  4. LOL I might have tried that myself but I had the good fortune to see a Chinee cook making my fried rice in a cafe many many years ago..It stuck in my head so I knew what to do when I tried it the first time....Just drop an egg in the pan, break the yolk and go for it.

My Mommy always told me, "I never use a cookbook...A cook with no imagination is no cook at all" Just use your wonderful imagination and you'll do fine...Really

5. Try it this way...
    1. In a small bowl beat the eggs with water.
    2. Melt the butter in a large skillet or a wok over medium heat or until sizzling.
    3. Add in eggs and leave flat for about 2 minutes or until cooked through; remove to a plate then chop.
    4. Heat oil in the same skillet; add in onion and saute until softened (about 3-4 minutes, adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking time).
    5. Add in cold cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper; stir-fry tossing continuously for about 5 minutes (adding in more soy sauce and black pepper if needed to suit taste).
    6. Stir in the egg and green onion.