• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Repentance ( Must a person forsake his sins before he can come to Christ? )

No one is saved before they are saved. That is a Calvin teaching and it is false.

We are NOT saved before we believe and obey Jesus.
You confused. The Gentile women was one of the Lost Sheep of Israel. That was a Mystery.

Also one cannot believe and obey until after they are saved.

Naturally we are children of disobedience Eph 2:2

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

One cannot just stop being a child of disobedience, the only hope is if they are one of Gods elect and are born again. Once born again, saved we are released from the prison of disobedience.

Otherwise disobedience will be the rest of our natural lives, and then go to hell.

Active
You confused.
No way but you are.
The Gentile women was one of the Lost Sheep of Israel. That was a Mystery.
What Gentile woman are you talking about?
Also one cannot believe and obey until after they are saved.

Naturally we are children of disobedience Eph 2:2
They were children of disobedience because they didn't come into the covenant with God and get circumcised.
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

One cannot just stop being a child of disobedience, the only hope is if they are one of Gods elect and are born again. Once born again, saved we are released from the prison of disobedience.

Otherwise disobedience will be the rest of our natural lives, and then go to hell.
They believed and were saved. They weren't saved yet first. God does NOT SAVE UNBELIEVERS. That is nowhere in the scriptures ANYWHERE.

Active
Normalcy is referring to how we can buy and sell now and not on the run from being killed by the New World Order and the mark of the beast system.

Although I commend you for whatever the Lord leads you to do in standing up against the evils spreading across this nation, do not allow the devil place by having him get hold of your anger in not letting the sunb go down on your anger because Jesus is Lord.
This evil is greater than it has ever been since COVID hit, and dramatically escalated since January 6th last year, you know. It was like all the pent up energy accumulated over the four years of Trump was suddenly exploded, and it's global. All Christians have to confront this evil in one way or another, and a righteous anger like Jesus kicking out the money changers is required, at least that shows that you're red pilled and not black pilled, which means you know it's evil and you still care.

Active
This evil is greater than it has ever been since COVID hit, and dramatically escalated since January 6th last year, you know. It was like all the pent up energy accumulated over the four years of Trump was suddenly exploded, and it's global. All Christians have to confront this evil in one way or another, and a righteous anger like Jesus kicking out the money changers is required, at least that shows that you're red pilled and not black pilled, which means you know it's evil and you still care.
John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Jesus did set the example but I believe His primary mission was not to change the world in establishing His kingdom on earth but to preach the gospel for He came into the world to save sinners.

So stand up against evil but spread the Good News also because sound reasoning thru peaceful protests are not going to change hearts, but He can.

@Brightfame52

We seek God.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

Your false teachers taught you wrong about no one EVER seeking God.
The Elect will seek God after He has given them a New Birth and then causes them to seek Him. But man naturally doesnt seek God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

No way but you are.

They were children of disobedience because they didn't come into the covenant with God and get circumcised.

They believed and were saved. They weren't saved yet first. God does NOT SAVE UNBELIEVERS. That is nowhere in the scriptures ANYWHERE.
Men are children of disobedience by nature. Eph 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

A person cant stop being what they are naturally, or by nature, a person of disobedience. You expect people to change their disobedient nature and then obey God, sorry it doesnt work like that.

gt asked

Who was Jesus talking to when He said this Matt 15:24-25

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Active
The Elect will seek God after He has given them a New Birth and then causes them to seek Him. But man naturally doesnt seek God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
That is the whole point of the Father drawing ( dragging ) them unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) to reveal His Son to them thus giving them unto the Son ( John 6:37 ) to save them when they believe in Him as our believing in Him is a manifested work of God. The natural man being sinful as sin drives us away from God, requires the Father to drag us unto the Son to believe in Him & be saved thus born again of the Spirit doesn't happen during the drawing part but when they believe.

That is the whole point of the Father drawing ( dragging ) them unto the Son ( John 6:44 ) to reveal His Son to them thus giving them unto the Son ( John 6:37 ) to save them when they believe in Him as our believing in Him is a manifested work of God. The natural man being sinful as sin drives us away from God, requires the Father to drag us unto the Son to believe in Him & be saved thus born again of the Spirit doesn't happen during the drawing part but when they believe.
The Drawing is saving, its the New Birth, so men believe because they are saved.

godb4us

The natural man being sinful as sin drives us away from God, requires the Father to drag us unto the Son to believe in Him & be saved thus born again of the Spirit doesn't happen during the drawing part but when they believe.

Thats why God gives a new nature, He doesnt drag the person against their will, when He gave them a new birth, with a new heart and nature, they willingly come by the power of Grace. Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Active
gt asked

Who was Jesus talking to when He said this Matt 15:24-25

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel. The lost sheep of Israel are the Jews who had faith in God. Not all Jews had faith in God. The old law did not require faith.

Active
Thats unscriptural.
I said, "You have a choice before you, you can either believe God's Truth, or you can believe man's truth."

You said that is not scriptural.

Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

I said, "You have a choice before you, you can either believe God's Truth, or you can believe man's truth."

You said that is not scriptural.

Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

I know what you said, and as usual, its unscriptural.

Active
The House of Israel Jesus came to save was a mixture of jews and gentiles, that was the Mystery. The Lady He was talking to, He came to save her !
No. Jesus came for the house of Israel the lost sheep.

The Samaritans and the Gentiles had to wait until Jesus was crucified.