• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Praying in the Spirit Romans 8: 26 -30

Loyal
so a believer won't yield to their belief? Where then is the believing? Surely one who does not believe is not a believer?

Every time we sin, we are going against our beliefs.
But as for does "believing" make you a believer?

Jas 2:19; You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Are the demons "believers"?

Matt 7:21; "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matt 7:22; "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
Matt 7:23; "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Are these people calling Jesus "Lord" believers?

Active
so a believer won't yield to their belief? Where then is the believing? Surely one who does not believe is not a believer?

do you follow?

Bless you ....><>
Believing and yielding are not the same thing. Scripture clearly shows us this:

“and he said unto them, Did ye receive the Holy Spirit when ye believed? And they'said unto him, Nay, we did not so much as hear whether the Holy Spirit was given.” - Acts 19:2

“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” - James 2:19

Even the demons BELIEVE Jesus is who He says He is and that God is ONE and is omnipotent! This doesn’t mean that they yield to Him or His Spirit.
Simply put, BELIEF is an essential first step towards salvation…..but belief alone is not enough to get you there, and belief does not mean one is fully yielded to the Holy Spirit nor that one has yielded their life (and thus their bodies) to God.

Paul puts it simply this way:
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” - Romans 12:1

Read that passage careful….with your “spiritual eyes.” How many believers do you think TRULY do this daily?
How many of us offer our bodies…our flesh… as a “living sacrifice” to God…..clean, pure, righteous, and holy each and every day? How many walk in the Spirit daily? Because that’s exactly what we are called to do.

So yes….belief is a necessary starting point….but it’s simply not enough to get us where God requires us to be spiritually.
Be blessed friend!

Active
Matt 7:23; "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

The "I never knew you" is a confession of the fact that He never baptized them with the Holy Ghost nor was their instructor through the comforter.

And Adam went in unto his wife Eve, and he KNEW her and she conceived. If we are never known we never conceived to the Holy Spirit and that is something only Jesus can do for us.

Loyal
The "I never knew you" is a confession of the fact that He never baptized them with the Holy Ghost nor was their instructor through the comforter.

Perhaps you are correct here, but that doesn't change the fact that they "believed" in Him, whether He knew them or not.

Active
Perhaps you are correct here, but that doesn't the fact that they "believed" in Him, whether He knew them or not.
"Many are called but few are chosen" The question might be asked chosen for what? Baptism in the Spirit. There is a very huge difference from believing in Him and knowing Him.
When your ears are opened to hear Him you have become a knower, and are known.

Loyal
Do people confuse head knowledge with heart acceptance and belief. That's what Romans 10: 9-10 is talking about. Belief in our heart and confession unto salvation.

Active
Do people confuse head knowledge with heart acceptance and belief. That's what Romans 10: 9-10 is talking about. Belief in our heart and confession unto salvation.
Head knowledge just gets in the way of the spiritual relationship. A child has no head knowledge, to speak of, and that is what we should be like. Blank slates that the Holy Ghost can teach.

Loyal
"Many are called but few are chosen" The question might be asked chosen for what? Baptism in the Spirit. There is a very huge difference from believing in Him and knowing Him.
When your ears are opened to hear Him you have become a knower, and are known.

Do you think Jesus knows who Satan is? He spent 40 days with Him. He recognized who entered Judas, and corrupted Peters heart.
He knew who some of the Pharisees "father" was.

Matt 4:1; Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Mark 1:13; And He was in the wilderness forty days being tempted by Satan; and He was with the wild beasts, and the angels were ministering to Him.
Luke 4:2; for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days, and when they had ended, He became hungry.

He even had "conversations" with Satan.

Matt 4:3; And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
Matt 4:4; But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"
Matt 4:5; Then the devil *took Him into the holy city and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple,
Matt 4:6; and *said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU'; and 'ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.'"
Matt 4:7; Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"
Matt 4:8; Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory;
Matt 4:9; and he said to Him, "All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me."
Matt 4:10; Then Jesus *said to him, "Go, Satan! For it is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'"
Matt 4:11; Then the devil *left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

Loyal
Sure, but whats the point here?

How quickly we forget?

Jesus "knows" some people who aren't saved. Jesus didn't baptize anyone with the Holy Spirit while He was on the Earth. Did Jesus know the apostles? Mary, Martha, Lazarus, etc...

John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

John 7:39; But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Active
How quickly we forget?

Jesus "knows" some people who aren't saved. Jesus didn't baptize anyone with the Holy Spirit while He was on the Earth. Did Jesus know the apostles? Mary, Martha, Lazarus, etc...

John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

John 7:39; But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”
- John 20:22

This is Jesus….apeaking to….breathing upon…His disciples .

This was before his ascension by the way; and before the outpouring at Pentecost.

Active
How quickly we forget?
Do you think Jesus knows who Satan is? He spent 40 days with Him. He recognized who entered Judas, and corrupted Peters heart.
He knew who some of the Pharisees "father" was.

Matt 4:1; Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Mark 1:13; And He was in the wilderness forty days being tempted by Satan; and He was with the wild beasts, and the angels were ministering to Him.
Luke 4:2; for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And He ate nothing during those days, and when they had ended, He became hungry.

He even had "conversations" with Satan.

Matt 4:3; And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
Matt 4:4; But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.'"
Matt 4:5; Then the devil *took Him into the holy city and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple,
Matt 4:6; and *said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU'; and 'ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.'"
Matt 4:7; Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"
Matt 4:8; Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory;
Matt 4:9; and he said to Him, "All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me."
Matt 4:10; Then Jesus *said to him, "Go, Satan! For it is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'"
Matt 4:11; Then the devil *left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.
Your point is mute simply because the Angels, whether clean or unclean cannot be born again through baptism in the Holy Ghost. It is reserved for humans to become new creatures.
And that becoming sons of the living God who will judge Angels.
It would appear that you are reaching for straws.
I gave you the similitude in Jesus' knowing of us as in Adam knowing his wife and the conception of each. One to another human and one to a spiritual son of God. In either case it starts
with a human, no angels allowed. They can only desire to understand.

Active
The moral of the story brother is in John 31:21. We must be born again.

The Holy Spirit doesn't abide in a persons heart because they have god morals, they are still sinners, no matter how god they think they are or try to be.

There are lots of people who have good morals, even Christian values, but they do not accepted God's one and only son who died for their sins. They have not repented to God through Jesus, they don't consider themselves sinners.

Without Jesus they are naught, without being saved they are unsaved, without being born again they belong to sin, the world and the devil.

Morals do not save anyone brother, as we know.
The Gentiles do not have the Law; but whenever they do by instinct what the Law commands, they are their own law, even though they do not have the Law. Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts.

1] For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
[2] And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
[3] And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
[4] And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
[5] Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
[6] And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
[7] They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
[8] So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
[9] And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
[10] But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
[11] And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
[12] Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
[13] But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
[14] Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
[15] Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
[16] So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

In reality only One can search hearts doesn't matter what title one claims if the one that holds that title claiming they know YH but stand n past judgement on those they know not because of a title they hold or was given by the world they themselves r in darkness

We can not make judgement on peeps that we can't see how they walk or what fruit they r bearing

Twistie :broken_heart:

Loyal
In reality only One can search hearts doesn't matter what title one claims if the one that holds that title claiming they know YH but stand n past judgement on those they know not because of a title they hold or was given by the world they themselves r in darkness

We can not make judgement on peeps that we can't see how they walk or what fruit they r bearing
Scripture judges discipleship.
And scripture teaches clearly that "Christians" must be born from above through repentance from dead works and then water baptism AND the baptism of the Holy Spirit
with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.
Then discipleship is about learning and growing in the ways of righteousness and walking in the Spirit with the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in a disciple's testimony.

Active
Scripture judges discipleship.
And scripture teaches clearly that "Christians" must be born from above through repentance from dead works and then water baptism AND the baptism of the Holy Spirit
with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues.
Then discipleship is about learning and growing in the ways of righteousness and walking in the Spirit with the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in a disciple's testimony.
N how can u sit n judge one you don't know that u don't see on a daily basis.. scripture says to judge Righteously how can u or me being a human judge a person by a title if we Neva seen how they live? We can't.. we r not YH.. we must not forget the parable of the farmer n his hands.. for many will come to Him in the last days n they too will b accepted into His kingdom..

Man can't see mans hearts but when we see how one walks then man can make a righteous judgement like we r told to do..

Active
Every time we sin, we are going against our beliefs.
But as for does "believing" make you a believer?

Jas 2:19; You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Are the demons "believers"?

Matt 7:21; "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matt 7:22; "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

Are these people calling Jesus "Lord" believers?
Even Satan believes he just didn't wanna follow YHs ways frfr...

Loyal
N how can u sit n judge one you don't know that u don't see on a daily basis.

Some Christians tend to avoid other Christians because they have darkness in their lives. When my children were younger, I had to judge them sometimes, but that never meant
I didn't love them.

1Jn 4:20; If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.

Active
Some Christians tend to avoid other Christians because they have darkness in their lives. When my children were younger, I had to judge them sometimes, but that never meant
I didn't love them.

1Jn 4:20; If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
N to find if one is truly a brother we must discern what spirit they r truly...

For many are under the false teacher claiming they follow YH but they worship their pastor more so then Christ Himself... They r the ones I avoid for that spell is a strong one n most would chop ya down then to think their all powerful preacher is stealing from n lying to them

I used to ask YH why don't they hear what I am saying I said it is the Truth.. n I was taken back when He said If they do not Hear Me then why would they Hear you am I not dwelling in you??...

I had to step back n ponder with Him on that for awhile...

N ya .. ya seen ur children everyday watched how they was walking...

I

Loyal
For many are under the false teacher claiming they follow YH but they worship their pastor more so then Christ Himself... They r the ones I avoid for that spell is a strong one n most would chop ya down then to think their all powerful preacher is stealing from n lying to them

No doubt this is true sometimes. But now, who is judging who?