• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

"Pray the Children!"

Phi 4:4 Keep on rejoicing in the Lord at all times. I will say it again: Keep on rejoicing!
Let your forbearing spirit be known to all people. The Lord is near:
Never worry about anything, but in every situation let your petitions be made known to God in prayers and requests, with thanksgiving.
Then God's peace, which goes far beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Around supper time last night our son Cordell was biking and was struck by a car, nothing is broken tho he is banged up a bit. God spoke to me and said do not be anxious, I am doing what you have asked me to do. Praise His powerful name! We do not know how the spirit moves, or the ways and the means of His moving, but we must trust Him that in all things, He knows what He is doing, and that is reason enough to rejoice in Him!

Coconut said:
Phi 4:4 Keep on rejoicing in the Lord at all times. I will say it again: Keep on rejoicing!
Let your forbearing spirit be known to all people. The Lord is near:
Never worry about anything, but in every situation let your petitions be made known to God in prayers and requests, with thanksgiving.
Then God's peace, which goes far beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Around supper time last night our son Cordell was biking and was struck by a car, nothing is broken tho he is banged up a bit. God spoke to me and said do not be anxious, I am doing what you have asked me to do. Praise His powerful name! We do not know how the spirit moves, or the ways and the means of His moving, but we must trust Him that in all things, He knows what He is doing, and that is reason enough to rejoice in Him!

Thinking of you,and praying at this time.

God Bless

Please pray for my daughter

I am so discouraged. I feel like there is no end to the problems. Just got my daughter in counseling. Today is the first day of school. She never tries to make friends any more. And now I found out that she might have bulimia. I think she is making herself throw up in the bathroom. Am thankful that she's in counseling....but....there's just problem, after problem, after problem! I've been praying for her her whole life and it only gets worse. I need faith!

Hi Dreamer- I will pray for your daughter and you. Remember God is our best friend!
I wanted to ask for prayer for my children, school starts tomorrow and I just want to pray they have a successful year. Kris has ADHD & ODD so he gets off task and in trouble easily. Tyler has a slight learning disability that we are working on. My daughter, Sammy is in high school and I pray she does well and makes wise choices.

God Bless,
Michell

Last edited:
Life is so overwhelming

Life is so overwhelming at times, and as a parent, I panic at times. I'm not sure now whether my daughter is purging or not. I spoke with her and she denies it. She says that she needs food and nutrients to grow and that she wouldn't do that. Now, I just feel embarrassed. She is, however showing other signs of an eating disorder, and I myself have suffered from eating disorders for years. I guess my own guilt was coming out.
I wish that I was a better example to her. Ever since I had her little brother (13 months old), all I do is groan about how fat I am. This is not a good example to her. I have never purged--I think that is too gross---but I talk about losing weight, constantly and show guilt every time I eat a dessert, etc.,

Her counselor has suggested a seminar at a church about eating disorders. My daughter and I are going to attend together.

Dreamer:
I have an emotional illness situation with my wife that I had been praying about for quite some time when, in November 1998, God gave me a word that she would be healed. In the last ten years she has been in the mental health system three times (including two trips to the state mental hospital). God just recently confirmed again that her healing is on the way. Somethings have happened in the last year or so to force her to look more honestly at what is going on. She has opened up a tiny bit, but much more needs to be done.
During this trying time, I have leaned on two Scripture citations:
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Heb 11:1)
"And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" (Lk 18:7-8)
SLE

“Lord, save me.”
(Matt 14:30)

"Look at. Peter; he is “beginning to sink.” The water is up to his knees, it is up to his waist, it is up to his neck, but it is not yet too late for him to cry, “Lord, save me!” and he has no sooner said it, than the hand of Jesus is stretched out to catch him, and to guide him to the ship. So, Christian, cry to God though the devil tells you it is no use to cry; cry to God even if you are beneath the tempter’s foot. Say to Satan, “Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise!” but do not forget to cry unto the Lord. Cry to God for your children even when they are most ungodly, when their ungodliness almost breaks your heart. Cry to God on behalf of those whom you are teaching in the Sunday-school; even when you seem to think that their characters are developing in the worst possible form, still pray for them. Never mind though the thing you ask for them should appear to be an impossibility, for God “is able, to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.” - Spurgeon

I just have to praise God this morning! I already have been praising him, so now let me give a praise report to you prayer warriors.

My daughter, who did not care one lick about her grades last year, has been studying, applying herself, and even doing extra credit projects. She seems to enjoy school, like she used to when she was younger. Yesterday, she brought home her mid-term progress report. She has straight A's!!!!!!!

Her sessions with her christian counselor are going well. The counselor also talks with me after my daughter's sessions and helps me with my parenting. Thank You, Lord.

Praise you Jesus !

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named...

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen!

Dreamer said:
I just have to praise God this morning! I already have been praising him, so now let me give a praise report to you prayer warriors.

My daughter, who did not care one lick about her grades last year, has been studying, applying herself, and even doing extra credit projects. She seems to enjoy school, like she used to when she was younger. Yesterday, she brought home her mid-term progress report. She has straight A's!!!!!!!

Her sessions with her christian counselor are going well. The counselor also talks with me after my daughter's sessions and helps me with my parenting. Thank You, Lord.
This is awesome news, Dreamer. I hope that people who doubt the value of professional Christian counselors will see now that God can and does use Christian counselors.

And Dreamer, I think it is also awesome that you involved yourself in the process.

SLE

Coconut said:
“Lord, save me.”
(Matt 14:30)

"Look at. Peter; he is “beginning to sink.” The water is up to his knees, it is up to his waist, it is up to his neck, but it is not yet too late for him to cry, “Lord, save me!” and he has no sooner said it, than the hand of Jesus is stretched out to catch him, and to guide him to the ship. So, Christian, cry to God though the devil tells you it is no use to cry; cry to God even if you are beneath the tempter’s foot. Say to Satan, “Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise!” but do not forget to cry unto the Lord. Cry to God for your children even when they are most ungodly, when their ungodliness almost breaks your heart. Cry to God on behalf of those whom you are teaching in the Sunday-school; even when you seem to think that their characters are developing in the worst possible form, still pray for them. Never mind though the thing you ask for them should appear to be an impossibility, for God “is able, to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.” - Spurgeon

Lord Jesus, you alone are our strength and shield................Amen

I have more praises for what God is doing in my 14 yr. old daughter's life:

She raises her head up levelly when she walks into the school, and coming to my car at the end of her school day. People at church say she smiles more and speaks more. For the first time in years, she was looking forward to a field trip at school today, AND she has started back into extra-curricular activities for the first time since 4th Grade. She is taking Sign Language classes after school, even though she knows they will be performing publically in the community and for parents. Praise God, for He is wonderful to His people and hears and answers prayers.

Can I say something? It always seems...before things get better, they 1st get worse. But God is right on time. When things seem bad with your kids....just keep praising--and praying.

Last edited:
Heavenly Father I bring before you today every son and every daughter, every son-in-law, daughter-in law. Grandchildren........Lord I pray that your loving Heavenly Spirit will visit them as I pray this day. Jesus we are looking to you.....You alone can help us in these situations.

Save them.....Save them...dear LOrd bring them back to you. Heal Lord Jesus Heal, O Lord. Some are discouraged due to their physical complaints. Heal O LOrd.

O God hear us today as we pray.......

jen

Prayer for child and father

Dear everyone,
Please pray for my dear daughter Isabelle and her father. God will bless them and keep them out of harm. Into fellowship.

I confess I do not pray for all the children on this list regularly, but today the Lord convicted my heart to pray for all of them. And I obeyed and have done so. I believe in the power of prayer, I believe our God, is merciful and hears our cries. We must continue to cry out to our Father on the behalf of our children. He is moving in a mighty way amongst our youth of today, I see teenagers wanting to go to Youth group on a Wednesday night, my son included. Our teenagers are wanting to keep their purity and remain virgins until marriage, because they see the devastation of not doing so and know that's what God wants for them. These kids are out there, they know Jesus is the savior and they want to walk the walk. If you have unsaved teens/children just keep on praying and trusting in the Lord. Let us not grow weary of doing so. I give testimony to the Lord working in my son Aaron, He was saved a couple of years back, and I praise the Lord for his grace and mercy given to my son. He contends with the pressures and struggles that all our teenagers face in this world. I praise God everytime my son makes a decision for Christ and not the devil, I believe my son faces temptation everyday, our teenagers are satan's target. And I pray that he continues to walk in the light of the Lord and not give into the temptation of the flesh and satan. I encourage my son to read the Word of God, but he is not, only at church and Youth group so this is my prayer that the Lord will give him the desire to seek and and arm himself with the Word and apply it to his life, daily.

I give praises to the Lord that this past summer I had the opportunity to visit my older son who is 20 yrs old and unsaved. He lives far away, I miss him and pray for him daily. I praise God for the opportunity for me yet again to witness to and pray with him, we went to church together, he listened and I know my sons heart is not so hardened that the Holy Spirit did not touch him, I believe he is close to surrendering his life to our Lord and savior. I believe the Lord is being patient, and He will save my son. We must trust in the Lord with all our heart, and believe.

:lightbulb If you are not sure what to pray for, regarding your children. I found this wonderful list of biblical virtues on another website, and thought it offered a simple but great starting point.:lightbulb

1. SALVATION (2 Timothy 2:10) "Lord, help my children to obtain the salvation which is found only in Christ Jesus. Allow them to be partakers of your eternal glory."

2. LOVE FOR GOD/PEOPLE (Matt 22:37-39) "I pray that my children will love you Lord with all of their heart, soul, and mind. May they also have a genuine love for others!"

3. LOVE FOR GOD'S WORD (psalm 119:97) "Father, help my children to love your Word. Help them to know it and to apply it to their lives. May it be the meditation of their hearts all the day long."

4. GROW IN GRACE (2Peter 3:18) "I pray that my children would grow in the grace and knowledge of You Lord Jesus. Help them to taste Your goodness and give you the praise you deserve."

5. HONESTY AND INTEGRITY (Psalm 25:21) "May integrity and honesty protect my children from the schemes of the wicked."

6. SELF-CONTROL (1 Corinthians 9:27) "Lord, help my children to live disciplined lives. May Your Holy Spirit strengthen them so that they might walk in a manner worthy of their calling. Help their lives to be such that their conduct would not disqualify them from witnessing to others."

7. JUSTICE (Micah 6:8) "I pray that my children would learn to love that which is good and just."

8. MERCY (Luke 6:36) "Father, You are so merciful. I pray that my children would learn to be imitators of that mercy. Help them to keep short accounts of the wrongs suffered at the hands of others."

9. HONOR/RESPECT (1Peter 2:17) "Lord Jesus, grant my children the ability to show honor to everyone just as Your Word says they should."

10. A HATRED FOR SIN (Romans 12:9) "I pray that my children would come to recognize, abhor, and flee from sin. May Your Holy Spirit convict them of their sin and help them to reject any and all temptations to do evil."

:shade: Calluna

Last edited:
Pray the Children. Coconut, this thread is an awesome testimony of God's power. I've been tossing and turning in bed, thinking about all God has done in my teenage daughter's life this past year. And then I thought, if he has done all that in her life, what has He done in so many other childrens' lives who were sowed into prayer from this thread?

Coconut, your heart for God and the ministry of Jesus are so evident. I just want to thank you for starting "Pray the Children" and for the prayers you sowed, and the tears that you cried. The harvest is here.

Love,
Dreamer

Im not too good at praying stuff but would love you all to pray for my children Karen 17, Johnathon 15 and Cloey 13. They are all right in the teenage influence. I will come each day though and help in anyway I can. Thankyou for the concerns of teenages because as a parent I face this everyday.

I will be praying for not only my kids but others as well.Saten is trying his best to destroy our youth with drugs and all kinds of other sins,but our God will preveal!!

Please pray for my son Elijah. He is one, and we dont have a dad in the home for him. I know God is his Father and for that i am greatful. I just pray that he grow to be a good, strong, man of God and that any man that is placed in his life in the future whether its a family member, friend, coach, ect.... be a good positive influence. I pray that God cover all of our children with the precious blood of his Son Jesus and keep them close under His love and protection. I pray that God give our kids wisdom and strength for their journey through life. In Jesus name I pray amen amen. ...Let us all touch and agree because we know that when two or more come together in prayer God is in the midst of them. :heart-animated::heart8::pray:

Evolution, I suggest that, in addition to this thread, you make this request in the Prayer Requests forum and in the Women's forum to get wider exposure.

Spirit Led Ed (SLE)