• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Living and Dying... in sin

Active
Repentance implies a change..
That means permanently.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
This is God's or Agape love:
  • it is patient
  • kind
  • does not boast
  • not proud
  • does not envy
  • does not dishonor others
  • not self seeking
  • not easily angred
  • keeps no records
  • does not delight in evil
  • keeps truth
  • always protects
  • trusts
  • hopes
  • perserves
I know you are a Christian and constantly work on these. So I am not asking if you are capable of doing all of these. My question is , do you do these perfectly, all day long, every day with out fault or blemish?

Active
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
This is God's or Agape love:
  • it is patient
  • keeps no records
  • does not delight in evil
  • keeps truth
  • always protects
  • trusts
  • hopes
  • perserves
  • kind
  • does not boast
  • not proud
  • does not envy
  • does not dishonor others
  • not self seeking
  • not easily angred
I know you are a Christian and constantly work on these. So I am not asking if you are capable of doing all of these. My question is , do you do these perfectly, all day long, every day with out fault or blemish?
If you "know I'm a Christian", then you know I do.
Your list is pertinent only to Christians.
If men are lacking in these categories you listed, they are not reborn of God's seed.

Everyday I realize more and more that the power of the Holy Ghost in a man cannot be denied.
Thanks be to God!

Active
If you "know I'm a Christian", then you know I do.
Your list is pertinent only to Christians.
If men are lacking in these categories you listed, they are not reborn of God's seed.

Everyday I realize more and more that the power of the Holy Ghost in a man cannot be denied.
Thanks be to God!
No, the list is pertinent to God...I doubt you are capable of Agape love!

Active
No, the list is pertinent to God...I doubt you are capable of Agape love!
If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here offering you a way out of sin.
Is it not written..."I said ye are gods"? (Ps 82:6, John 10:34)
By relinquishing our "mastery of self", and submitting to God, He will allow His power to be manifested through us.
His power enables men to accomplish your list.
Don't you believe that?

Active
If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here offering you a way out of sin.
Is it not written..."I said ye are gods"? (Ps 82:6, John 10:34)
By relinquishing our "mastery of self", and submitting to God, He will allow His power to be manifested through us.
His power enables men to accomplish your list.
Don't you believe that?
I believe God, I don't believe you!

Active
I personally think that it is heresy to claim sinless perfectionism. It is impossible to be sinless at any time on our Christian walk of faith. Who could claim to be perfect when we look at what God calls perfection? You are trapped in unreedemed flesh and when you compare yourself to the perfection of Christ you fall flat on our face. I think that to claim sinless perfection is one of the biggest lies of Satan.

Loyal
while we are in flesh we have a selfish desire, yes we can win over now that God has changed us, but to me if we were perfect we would not even have the selfish desire, I think we look at what perfect is differently.

Loyal
while we are in flesh we have a selfish desire, yes we can win over now that God has changed us, but to me if we were perfect we would not even have the selfish desire, I think we look at what perfect is differently.

Which is greater.... never having to fight a battle. Or fighting battles and overcoming?

Which is greater... never having a selfish desire. Or being able to overcome that selfish desire?

Loyal
Which is greater.... never having to fight a battle. Or fighting battles and overcoming?

Which is greater... never having a selfish desire. Or being able to overcome that selfish desire?

you make a good point,

do you think we will have the same selfish desires when we receive our glorified bodies??

or will we be closer to perfect then??

If we are perfect now what will we be when we have are glorified bodies??

Loyal
do you think we will have the same selfish desires when we receive our glorified bodies??

or will we be closer to perfect then??

Rev 21:4; and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

I tend to think we will be above our old emotions and desires. The battle will be over.

Active
It's a difficult subject to be sure. Jesus, the final atonement, died for all sins. So what makes a sin, violating the 10 commandments physically or in the mind for sure. But, Jesus died for all sins and I think it goes beyond the commandments.
I think you have to ask yourself, if you can define sin, who does it matter to the most. I would think that here at TJ, We all would say God. I mean, with out God, what difference does it make...it wouldn't be sin, it would be called something else! God would be the definer of sin, then when we sin, we sin against God, who else?
So, I like to think that sin is anything God isn't...think about it!

Active
Do you believe Paul?
He wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
He also wrote..."Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Tim 2:19)
Do you believe Peter?
He wrote..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." (1 Peter 4:1-2)
Do you believe John?
He wrote..."We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not." (1 John 5:18)

It isn't just me you don't believe.

Active
Good point.
How does that POV stand up to Romans 8:1?
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."
It seems we are given the choice of where we walk.

If your concerned that it is the skin's fault for sin, Jesus gave us the "cure"...."Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." (Matt 18:8-9)
Thankfully, God has given us a much more effective way of casting off the flesh than carving up our bodies; with a total "circumcision done without hands". (Col 2:11-12)
It happens when we are crucified, buried and raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4-7)
That happens at our baptism, after turning from sin.
We can walk in the Spirit now, as the flesh is Christ's. (Gal 2:20)

Active
If we are perfect now what will we be when we have are glorified bodies??
We will be perfect with perfect glorified bodies too.

We aren't going to be judged on our freckles and warts.
We will be judged for the things our minds tell our vessels to do or not do.

So, is your mind in control?
Or is your skin in control?

Active
He wrote..."Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
  • I am not going to address all of these. You always only present the fact that your lost in your own thinking. You cherry pick a verse to support your false narrative of sinless perfection without understanding why the verse was written or to whom? Paul wrote the whole of Chapter 15 about the resurrection. Apparently as ,he addressed many Jews, a problem that existed in those days, was as people where coming around to believing in Jesus but yet to embrace the resurrection. He was imploring them to come to their senses, that they, by not acknowledging the Resurrection, they were still lost to their sins because they had not accepted Jesus internally. HE WAS NOT TELLING THEM ...COME...YOU CAN BE PERFECT!
  • You once asked what was the "Day Of Atonement" was. You apparently have "studied up" and now know a little. But you still don't know the significance to us now!
  1. The "Day Of Atonement" was from the Old Covenant sacrificing, and God's offer for atonement for man's sin. The issue was that it was not permanent, it had to be repeated year after year for thousands of years;the system only covered over man's sins!
  2. Jesus death and resurrection signified our final atonement, where by he "took away our sins" from the sight of God, NOT THAT WE WOULD HAVE SINLESS PERFECTION. Matthew 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split
  3. This was the moment that Jesus died and ushered n the New Covenant....that the "Day Of Atonement" was over and so was the temple activities. The curtain was torn open, exposing the Holy of Holy's to man and signifying that God had left the building. It also fulfilled the prophecy :
  • Jeremiah 31:34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
  • Jeremiah 31:31-34
    “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
    32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, ” declares the LORD.
    33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
    34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,
And then Jesus came a took away sins from the sight of God, NOT THAT WE WOULD IN SINLESS PERFECTION!
  • 1 John 3:5 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
  • John 1:29 29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
You are totally lost and . I am sure, I have wasted my time to explain the above.
I have said this before but your bondage to untruth keeps drawing me in.
I am finished for good, no matter how much I want to respond to you false teaching..so go for it, I am done.
God Bless, I pity you when and if you realize he truth!

Active
I am not going to address all of these. You always only present the fact that your lost in your own thinking. You cherry pick a verse to support your false narrative of sinless perfection without understanding why the verse was written or to whom? Paul wrote the whole of Chapter 15 about the resurrection. Apparently as ,he addressed many Jews, a problem that existed in those days, was as people where coming around to believing in Jesus but yet to embrace the resurrection. He was imploring them to come to their senses, that they, by not acknowledging the Resurrection, they were still lost to their sins because they had not accepted Jesus internally. HE WAS NOT TELLING THEM ...COME...YOU CAN BE PERFECT!
  • You once asked what was the "Day Of Atonement" was. You apparently have "studied up" and now know a little. But you still don't know the significance to us now!
  1. The "Day Of Atonement" was from the Old Covenant sacrificing, and God's offer for atonement for man's sin. The issue was that it was not permanent, it had to be repeated year after year for thousands of years;the system only covered over man's sins!
  2. Jesus death and resurrection signified our final atonement, where by he "took away our sins" from the sight of God, NOT THAT WE WOULD HAVE SINLESS PERFECTION. Matthew 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split
  3. This was the moment that Jesus died and ushered n the New Covenant....that the "Day Of Atonement" was over and so was the temple activities. The curtain was torn open, exposing the Holy of Holy's to man and signifying that God had left the building. It also fulfilled the prophecy :
  • Jeremiah 31:34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
  • Jeremiah 31:31-34
    “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
    32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, ” declares the LORD.
    33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
    34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,
  • And then Jesus came a took away sins from the sight of God, NOT THAT WE WOULD IN SINLESS PERFECTION!
John 3:5 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.
  • John 1:29 29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
You are totally lost and . I am sure, I have wasted my time to explain the above.
I have said this before but your bondage to untruth keeps drawing me in.
I am finished for good, no matter how much I want to respond to you false teaching..so go for it, I am done.

God Bless, I pity you when and if you realize the truth!
Would that be the "truth" Jesus said could free me from committing sin...in John 8:32-34?