• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Living and Dying... in sin

Active
  • All have one birth, physical
  • Some have a second birth, Spiritual, believing Christians
  • All die the first death, Physical
  • Some have a second birth, Spiritual, believing Christians
  • Some have a second death, Spiritual, not believing Christians
  • Romans 8:1
Non believers aren't Christians.
They still walk in the flesh instead of in the Spirit. (Rom 8:1)

Loyal
If they don't commit the sin, the sin isn't there.
Ok let's try this again.
As Christian matures in Christ, they will be shown other things off in their life (sin) that is hindering areas of their life or walk in Christ.

As our understanding DEEPENS, The Father Will point out new things that need to be dealt with that will hinder the deeper revelation or higher walk or ways in God.

These things are things you yourself could not even comprehend would be sin in a higher level in Christ.

Loyal
@At Peace

I admire your love for the word and positive attitude. I do not understand your stance on the maturing Christian, from what I get out of your post ( I may be wrong) but you seem to suggest once we get saved we are automatically fully mature Christians and are perfect, is that a correct view??

Active
Yet the children perished too.
Children and animals are always victims. They both go to heaven. God does not spare a city because of the children and animals. To raise that is a very weak reply. Waiting for a proper reply.

It amazes me that you can see a difference between a sin and a "full-grown" sin.
Sin is sin.
You are amazed by me and I am terrified by you. Imagine you came before a judge with your view of sin = sin. Lethal injection for the murderer. Lethal injection for the thief that robbed a thousand elderly of their pension. Oh and lethal injection for you, the guy that stole a single corn from a corn field. Christians will judge the world 1 Cor 6-9, can judge themselves 1 Cor 11:31, Phil 2:12 and must judge all things 1 Cor 2:15.

As I wrote earlier, a sin not unto death is one that is repented of and never committed again.
The penalty for stealing candy is the same as for murder.
Permanent separation from God and eternity in a lake of fire.
Jesus says do not divorce unless there is actual adultery / sexual immorality in Matt 5:32. When someone takes only Mat 5:28 for their doctrine. It is called cherry picking. When they teach their doctrine it is called teaching a half truth. Teaching a half truth when knowing better is called false teaching. False teachers are en-route to hell, because it is a mortal sin.

I thank God for having mercy on me and for forgiving my past sins. Plus, for allowing me to now walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
Why did He have mercy on you? Allowing you to walk in the Spirit or forcing you? I like your use of 'allow', but that word contradicts your belief.

Last edited:
Active
That's two.
  • You continue to amaze with your absence of knowledge....I said or.... they are the same!
  • Look, you continue to reply to many here...almost every thread, I see you pop up with your false teaching and lack of knowledge of the Bible.
  • I see your name, I will no longer respond to your garbage!

Active
Ok let's try this again.
As Christian matures in Christ, they will be shown other things off in their life (sin) that is hindering areas of their life or walk in Christ.

As our understanding DEEPENS, The Father Will point out new things that need to be dealt with that will hinder the deeper revelation or higher walk or ways in God.

These things are things you yourself could not even comprehend would be sin in a higher level in Christ.
Name ONE example!!!
Name one sin men commit without knowing it is sin.

Active
@At Peace

I admire your love for the word and positive attitude. I do not understand your stance on the maturing Christian, from what I get out of your post ( I may be wrong) but you seem to suggest once we get saved we are automatically fully mature Christians and are perfect, is that a correct view??
First, our salvation won't be assured till after the final judgement.
Second, A "maturing Christian" is...a Christian.
His fullness of, or lack of knowledge can only impact his ability to explain, teach, exhort, and probably a few more things, but they will not cause a Christian to act like a non-Christian.
We are born of God, not Adam.
We are branches off of the vine that is Christ.
Our fruit, no matter the level of maturity, can only be Godly.

My first few years as a Christian, I only did as I was told, but with "maturing" I was allowed to initiate things apart from my direct teachings.
I wrote my own fliers, and placed ads in news papers. I commenced missionary work in Tucson, Las Vegas, Flagstaff, San Diego, and New York city, besides here in Phoenix and its environs.
But I already knew how to keep myself holy.
Check out Hebrews 6, and study the principles of the doctrine of Christ, the foundation stones of Christianity.
Rejoice in the knowledge you DO have, without fretting about what you DON"T know...yet.
It is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Rejoice!!!

Active
Their overwhelming dogmatic need to correct everyone because they are always right and perfect.

How's that one?
That sounds like the corrupt version of...overwhelming dogmatic need to correct everyone because they LOVE THEM AND DON'T WANT THEM TO GO TO HELL.

If you are happy with your life the way it is now...so be it.
But if you want to please God above any other thing on earth...let's keep up the dialogue.

Loyal
That sounds like the corrupt version of...overwhelming dogmatic need to correct everyone because they LOVE THEM AND DON'T WANT THEM TO GO TO HELL.

If you are happy with your life the way it is now...so be it.
But if you want to please God above any other thing on earth...let's keep up the dialogue.

You proved the point. You don't see your actions as sin because you believe you are right in doing so.

Get serious before the Lord and let Him show you things in your heart He is not pleased with.

Loyal

No one goes to hell because they have not grown enough to overcome something. They go to hell for rejecting Christ.

Scripture tells us if we love Him then we will obey His Words.
He did not say if ye be perfect and make no mistakes.

We grow in Christ not a seed was planted now super perfect saint is born.

Active
No one goes to hell because they have not grown enough to overcome something. They go to hell for rejecting Christ.
Then why do you use the lack of maturity-knowledge to intimate further sin, which is the rejection of Christ?

Scripture tells us if we love Him then we will obey His Words.
He did not say if ye be perfect and make no mistakes.
Jesus did indeed say that..."Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt 5:48)
I am glad, however, that you realize the disobedient don't love God.
Hardly "saved", eh?

We grow in Christ, not a seed was planted now super perfect saint is born.
Who is that "seed" from?
What can it bring forth?
Not murder, or theft, or adultery, or hate, or covetousness, nor idolatry, or bigotry, or doubt, or betrayal, or any other kind of wickedness.

Active
Name ONE example!!!
Name one sin men commit without knowing it is sin.
How about 10:
1. Holding grudges
2. Justifying wrong attitudes
3. Putting your desires first (before God)
4. Feeling annoyed over the success of others
5. Getting hurt easily and reacting out of the hurt
6. Underpaying (taking advantage of others’ work)
7. Skimping on the work you are being paid to do
8. Criticizing and finding fault — secretly or outwardly
9. Focusing on the cares of the world — putting your full attention and trust in the “things” of the world, like money, power, possessions and image. When we allow that to define us, we lose focus of who we are in Christ. This doesn’t mean not caring about what happens in the world.
10. Gossiping or speaking unkindly of those not present

Loyal
Who is that "seed" from?
What can it bring forth?
Not murder, or theft, or adultery, or hate, or covetousness, nor idolatry, or bigotry, or doubt, or betrayal, or any other kind of wickedness.

Please try and pay attention.
If that is all that you see as sin then you are totally missing out.

You have a NAC of turning things said into things that have not been said.

Please address what has been said and not things that have not been said.

Perfect is being perfected
Not perfect as our generation views perfect.

Always being right is an uncorrectable spirit which is sin.

Coming to a forum to chastise and correct those who don't see things like you is also sin.

Please try to pay attention here to what I an saying rather then what you think I am saying.

Yes a seed is planted in us.
Yes The Seed of God can not reproduce evil.

Now then just like ALL Seed it must be nurtured or as Luke said must contain moisture.
Another words it to has to be kept watered with Gods Word in order for it to grow.

As the seed of God takes root it begins to grow and grow and produce fruit, strength and power.

Just as scripture says, For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

It is how we learn to obey and overcome.

Again you would do well to ask the Father to search your heart and show you the things that are not pleasing unto Him.

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Luke 18:11
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess

13. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Blessing's

Loyal
Who is that "seed" from?
What can it bring forth?

[KJV] Isa 45:7; I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

I am not condoning evil at all here. But I think making a blanket statement about what God is capable of or not capable of can be dangerous.

Loyal
Brother @At Peace ,
I would like to bring to Light Something and make a true comparison.

Your say things such as.....
Go around telling believers if they have areas that they are working to over come that....
They are not really saved.
They did not get born again
They don't love God
God is not in you
You are a child of your father the devil
They are sinners

Now let's look at our enemy the devil the accuser of the brethren.

Look at you, you ain't saved, you just sinned
God does not love you
You don't love God
God is not pleased you worthless sinner.
You won't ever overcome this

@At Peace ,
It's sad that it really is hard to see a difference between the two.

I would urge you to truly do some soul searching here and get with the Father over this.

Blessings to you

Loyal
Did God not see all sin as the same? Does God change? Have we forgotten that God ordained a graphic and violent stoning for some sinners?

Actually a lot of things did change between the testaments.

In the old testament you could get divorced because "she found displeasure in your eyes".
In the new testament, it's only because of unfaithfulness, or if an unbelieving spouse leaves you.

In the old testament we could hate our enemies.
In the new testament we are supposed to love our enemies and pray for them.

In the old old testament, it was an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
In the new testament, - vengeance belongs to God.
(One of the reason we don't stone people anymore)

In the old testament Jews couldn't eat certain kinds of meat.
In the new testament Jesus says nothing He created is unclean anymore.

Some things didn't get easier under grace, they got harder.
What constituted adultery for example.

In the old testament no one worked on the sabbath.
In the new testament Jesus heals on the sabbath. (more than once)

The violent gruesome painful death still happens to some people... but we aren't the ones doing it.

Active
How about 10:
1. Holding grudges
2. Justifying wrong attitudes
3. Putting your desires first (before God)
4. Feeling annoyed over the success of others
5. Getting hurt easily and reacting out of the hurt
6. Underpaying (taking advantage of others’ work)
7. Skimping on the work you are being paid to do
8. Criticizing and finding fault — secretly or outwardly
9. Focusing on the cares of the world — putting your full attention and trust in the “things” of the world, like money, power, possessions and image. When we allow that to define us, we lose focus of who we are in Christ. This doesn’t mean not caring about what happens in the world.
10. Gossiping or speaking unkindly of those not present
Every one of those can be sinful.
They all are rooted in covetousness, and we all know coveting is sin.