• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Living and Dying... in sin

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Perfect is being perfected
Not perfect as our generation views perfect.
"Being perfected" insinuates imperfection.
Rebirth makes perfect.
If you are happy to remain as you are, so be it.
I offer a way to please God all the time.
You won't be forced to accept it,

Loyal
"Being perfected" insinuates imperfection.
Rebirth makes perfect.
If you are happy to remain as you are, so be it.
I offer a way to please God all the time.
You won't be forced to accept it,
Your reply has nothing to do with what you quoted.
Blessings to you

Active
[KJV] Isa 45:7; I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

I am not condoning evil at all here. But I think making a blanket statement about what God is capable of or not capable of can be dangerous.
This isn't matter of "what can God be capable of"; it is a reality that a seed can only bring forth after itself.
The seed from God cannot bring forth sin.
That seed is what the reborn are gendered from.

Active
Brother @At Peace ,
I would like to bring to Light Something and make a true comparison.
Your say things such as.....
Go around telling believers if they have areas that they are working to over come that....
They are not really saved.
They did not get born again
They don't love God
God is not in you
You are a child of your father the devil
They are sinners
Now let's look at our enemy the devil the accuser of the brethren.
Look at you, you ain't saved, you just sinned
God does not love you
You don't love God
God is not pleased you worthless sinner.
You won't ever overcome this
@At Peace ,
It's sad that it really is hard to see a difference between the two.
I would urge you to truly do some soul searching here and get with the Father over this.
Blessings to you
The one about "areas they are working on" was a reply to someone who said those words.
All the rest were backed up with scripture.
As all my replies were mostly to men who admitted to and defended their sin, my "accusation" that they were sinners is a moot point.
How about you?
Are you a sinner?
No...don't answer that...let me ask, rather, do you want to quit committing sin?
Will the devil provide the ways and means to accomplish a Godly goal?

Loyal
The one about "areas they are working on" was a reply to someone who said those words.
As all my replies were mostly to men who admitted to and defended their sin, my "accusation" that they were sinners is a moot point.
How about you?
Are you a sinner?
No...don't answer that...let me ask, rather, do you want to quit committing sin?
Will the devil provide the ways and means to accomplish a Godly goal?
You just don't get it.
Maybe one day you will.
Why not do as David did and ask God to search your heart for anything that is not pleasing to Him.

Ezek 18:24; "But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die.

===========================================

We hear the words "salvation" and "saved" alot. I mean that's kind of the purpose of being a Christian.
So we can have salvation... so we can be "saved".

Saved from what? Hell, the Lake of Fire, the wrath of God, eternal damnation.
We get saved (from these things) by our in Jesus. That He died and rose again. He was the Lamb of God
that was sacrificed for our sins. But was that it? Is that all He died for?

[NASB] 1 Pet 2:24; and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.

Different Bibles word this verse slightly differently, but I like this version.
He bore our sins ... on the cross ...

"So that" we might die TO sin and live to righteousness.
I notice it doesn't say "so that" we can continue to sin.
I notice it also doesn't say "so that" we might die in sin.

It says... "so that".... we might die to sin. In other words, He didn't die on the cross just so we could
go on to continue sinning.

King James is similar.
[KJV] 1 Pet 2:24; Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

He bore our sins.. on the tree... THAT we should live unto righteousness.
It doesn't say so that should live in sin. It says He died so that we would live unto righteousness.

2 Cor 5:21; He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Paul seems to saying the same thing.

Rom 6:1; What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?

Just because we have grace, does that mean we are free to continue in sin and sin all we want?

Rom 6:2; May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Rom 6:12; Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts,
Rom 6:15; What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

Gal 2:17; "But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be!

Paul seems to be saying over and over again... don't continue to live in sin.

Jesus even said ...
Luke 13:3; "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

If we don't quit sinning. We will perish... (die in our sins)

But.. what if I just don't stop sinning. Grace covers me even if I keep on sinning right?

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

The Bible seems to say... NO.

But what about verses like .....

Rom 8:1; Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

That mean "there is no condemnation" if I believe in Jesus right?

Again, the wording here is important... It says here... "those who are 'IN' Christ Jesus"
(emphasis mine).

Well... I have Jesus in me right? I believe in Jesus, so I must have Jesus in me.
How do we know if we have Jesus IN us.

John 14:23; Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

If we keep (His) word... His teachings.. then Jesus will make His abode within us.
If we don't keep His word and teaching does He still abide in us? The next verse says..

John 14:24; "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.

Jesus says the people who don't keep His teachings don't belong to Him.

First John says the same thing.

1 Jn 3:24; The one who keeps His commandments abides in Jesus, and Jesus abides in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

If we keep His commandments... (His words, His teachings)... then Jesus abides in us.

1 Jn 2:3; By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1 Jn 2:4; The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

If we don't keep His commandments... and we say we know Him. We are liars!!

So it's true... there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. But just make sure you
are IN Christ Jesus, before you make that claim.

Also Jesus died for our sins... but He also bore our sins... so that.. we would die TO sin. (not continuing IN
sin).
It's good to have sensible standards, but not high expectations. Trying not to fail morally is an expectation that no one can achieve. You might not realize this but there are some who will take your OP to heart. They just might try to be morally perfect, but once they fail they will feel utterly defeated.

Active
It's good to have sensible standards, but not high expectations. Trying not to fail morally is an expectation that no one can achieve. You might not realize this but there are some who will take your OP to heart. They just might try to be morally perfect, but once they fail they will feel utterly defeated.
You forgot about the ones who really do love God above all else!
They have submitted wholeheartedly to God and do all His will.
They are perfect.
Plus, God has given them all they need to remain that way...for instance, it is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Some do look for the escapes.

Loyal
The one about "areas they are working on" was a reply to someone who sai
Some one else meaning my self and lots of members.

That is how you perceive some scriptures.

No that's not 100 percent true.
You are the only one who says Anyone is defending their sin.
Your accusation is false and wrong behavior.

Beyond what you believe, NO ONE once they become born again becomes perfected to the point they no longer have sin to deal with.

Let me ask you this.
Seeing how so many members do not agree with your use of certain scriptures and the fact you think one has to be perfect if they are born again and if they have areas to over come them they did not truly repent.

So the question is.....
Do you think all these members are not saved or truly repentative of their sins because they work to over come areas of their life?

You forgot about the ones who really do love God above all else!
They have submitted wholeheartedly to God and do all His will.
They are perfect.
Plus, God has given them all they need to remain that way...for instance, it is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Some do look for the escapes.
Ok then are you morally faultless before your God?

Active
Actually a lot of things did change between the testaments.
This does not result in God changing. God does not change, full-stop Num 23:19.

If a sin upset God such that in the OT, among His people, He ordained the death penalty by stoning be a fitting punishment. We are fools today to think God thinks otherwise of the sin.

I do agree with what you said, but your post blurs this simple truth.

Active
Every one of those can be sinful.
They all are rooted in covetousness, and we all know coveting is sin.
Now what a minute????
You asked in a previous tread: "Name ONE example!!!
Name one sin men commit without knowing it is sin."
...in response to @Wired 4 Fishen ....and I gave you 10, in which you replied :
"Every one of those can be sinful.
They all are rooted in covetousness, and we all know coveting is sin." What does that have to do with your request to name just one sin that men commit with out knowing it" ?
We can't believe you and you seem to be a fake!....BTW, have you learned about the "Day of Atonement" and it effects you now? Why don't you answer this?

Loyal
Non believers aren't Christians.
They still walk in the flesh instead of in the Spirit. (Rom 8:1)
Actually those who do not believe are dead in the eyes of God, are they not? Adam and Eve died when they ate from the forbidden tree. All of the offspring of dead parents surely are dead?

"But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

But Jesus came to change all of that:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Loyal
Ok let's try this again.
As Christian matures in Christ, they will be shown other things off in their life (sin) that is hindering areas of their life or walk in Christ.

As our understanding DEEPENS, The Father Will point out new things that need to be dealt with that will hinder the deeper revelation or higher walk or ways in God.

These things are things you yourself could not even comprehend would be sin in a higher level in Christ.
Just so!

Consider David called a man after God's own heart and the apple of His eye. In spite of that how many wives and concubines did David have? Consider then what Jesus said about marriage:

"And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" Matt 19:4-5

Jesus was talking specifically about divorce but he also makes it clear that there is supposed to be only one man and one woman in a marriage. In the time that passed since leaving Eden man moved farther and farther away from God's Way. David was called a man after God's heart and the apple of His eye because he was on the approach to God. He loved God but while missed the mark on his own he also was simply following many of the ways that man had developed since Eden. David was growing closer to God, but all of those women and his bloody ways were standing between him and the very best of ways: God's Way.

Now we have more than David had, so more is required of us.

Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

We can and must grow... toward God. John the Baptist recognized this:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Loyal
Name ONE example!!!
Name one sin men commit without knowing it is sin.
Apparently God recognized such a difference in the OT:

"And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.

And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him.

Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them.

But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people." Numb 15:27-30

Notice that the sin committed in ignorance required an atonement, while for the sin committed presumptuously [premeditated] there could be no atonement. Rather, the latter was the basis for disfellowshipping him, assuming that he was allowed to live. Of course we are speaking of a different covenant, but we are speaking of the same unchanging God.

Loyal
This isn't matter of "what can God be capable of"; it is a reality that a seed can only bring forth after itself.
The seed from God cannot bring forth sin.
That seed is what the reborn are gendered from.
Did not Adam, the son of God [Luke 3:38] , sin? Was not Adam as His son the seed from God?

Adam and Eve did not have to sin, but they did. Before they did they were sinless. Is the new birth, the rebirth, better than that? What Adam and Eve did not do prior to eating of the forbidden fruit was to also eat of the Tree of Life. Even after we have acknowledged and received Jesus we are still looking at an unending death... if we do not also eat of the Tree of Life.

What does it require to eat of the Tree of Life?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Jesus' dying on the cross did not make us overcomers. It made it possible for us to become overcomers. It still needs to be done to be given to eat from the Tree of Life and thereby to live forever:

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:" Gen 3:22

Active
Some one else meaning my self and lots of members.
In your post #24, you wrote..."As Christian matures in Christ, they will be shown other things off in their life (sin) that is hindering areas of their life or walk in Christ."
I couldn't find my own response to that, but my intent wasn't regarding sin.
"The areas" seemed to me to be things like attitudes and charity and self-control.

That is how you perceive some scriptures.
Yes, and I have the Holy Ghost...thanks be to God!

No that's not 100 percent true.
You are the only one who says Anyone is defending their sin.
Your accusation is false and wrong behavior.
Perhaps you should reread some of the replies to me.

Beyond what you believe, NO ONE once they become born again becomes perfected to the point they no longer have sin to deal with.
Do you really believe that fig trees can bring forth grapes?
Jesus used words like that to show the OT Jews what the result of being reborn entailed.
They, like you, didn't "get it".
I have been reborn from the incorruptible seed of God.
I can no longer bring forth lies, thefts, drunken binges, etc. Not if I want to call myself a son of God.

Let me ask you this.
Seeing how so many members do not agree with your use of certain scriptures and the fact you think one has to be perfect if they are born again and if they have areas to over come them they did not truly repent.
So the question is.....
Do you think all these members are not saved or truly repentant of their sins because they work to over come areas of their life?
Salvation won't be assured till after the final judgement.
The ratio of men who "believe" me has nothing to do with whether or not my words are the truth.
Didn't Jesus wonder if He would even find faith at His return? (Luke 18:8)
Repent means "turn from". (Acts 3:26, 26:18)
If they are still doing ____, they have not "turned" from ______ ..

Active
Ok then are you morally faultless before your God?
Yes, due to the power of God in my life.

He has given us the ways and means to turn from sin permanently.
He has given us all the tools necessary to continue manifesting His grace to all mankind.

Active
Now what a minute????
You asked in a previous tread: "Name ONE example!!!
Name one sin men commit without knowing it is sin."
...in response to @Wired 4 Fishen ....and I gave you 10, in which you replied :
"Every one of those can be sinful.
They all are rooted in covetousness, and we all know coveting is sin." What does that have to do with your request to name just one sin that men commit with out knowing it" ?
We can't believe you and you seem to be a fake!....BTW, have you learned about the "Day of Atonement" and it effects you now? Why don't you answer this?
All of those could, under certain circumstances be sinful indeed.
But none of these things are done by men who have "turned from" sin and received the Holy Ghost.
The poster I was replying to prefaced his post with "As Christian matures in Christ..(sic)."
The example you provided are not part of a Christian's demeanor.
They are sin indeed...for non-Christians.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
LostButTrying Questions about Christianity 9
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0