• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Liberalism

Do liberal ideologies mix with Christianity?

• Yes

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 72.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
Active
I'm going to clarify some things.
  • America is not a Christian nation. Heavily inspired by and God Himself is name in our founding documents. The Constitution, our laws, our inalienable rights are therein to further cement where they come from.
  • Separation of church and state is NOT in the Constitution or our founding documents. It means......there can be no church/state or state/church. The government cannot staff and run the country with all Christian leaders nor can it create a national/federal church and in both making laws with influence from the Bible.
    It's one of many reasons our ancestors left.
Christians don't force people so let's get started.
  • Liberals:
    Want government to run healthcare and it be "free" for all. If you support this you know nothing of the V.A. or military medicine let alone civilian medicine.
  • Nothing is free.
  • Government should provide more services to the less fortunate (like health care) and increase taxes if necessary. - No. You do not elevate someone else by taking from others. Jesus would not approve.
  • Gay couples to get equal rights like everyone else. NEVER.
  • The people should look to the government to provide a structure. Laws are enacted to protect every individual for an equal society sometimes at the expense of economic freedom if neccessary.
    No. Life is not fair and it sucks a lot for a lot of people.
    Higher education is not right. You take out a loan it's your responsibility to pay it. It's your own fault if you don't learn about them and how they work.
  • I'm not responsible for your well-being nor anyone else's. You are not responsible for me or anyone else. However, caring for our own and others is innate in us but again, we don't force people.

The very definition of Liberal is simply a weak, PC wording of Leftist/Democract. They want MORE government which our ancestors were seeking to get away from in coming here. You don't know history or Government if you support bigger government.
Jesus deal with "big government" and look how things turned out for him, the Jews, and Christians throughout history and today.
God and Jesus. The only government we need. Conservative values are far more in line than any other group's.

So you mentioned gays but what about the continuous adulterers (like Bill Clinton
and Donald Trump) and known habitual liars, etc.? In the law they are also abominable and to be killed? Do you want this for all whose violations are abominable? How about all of us who were fornicators?

Active
Not to cause a great stir,but i dont subscribe to either. Republican,Democrat,Conservative,
They are the same fleshy immoral power seekers.
Like that old Soviet once said,"No matter who you vote for,you're voting for us". The only time either Party thinks of you is at election time. Always going to be tough on crime,and its worse than ever. Going to abolish poverty and only line their own pockets.

I dont even vote anymore. America has fallen and it makes no difference who is put in office.

Active
Not to cause a great stir,but i dont subscribe to either. Republican,Democrat,Conservative,
They are the same fleshy immoral power seekers.
Like that old Soviet once said,"No matter who you vote for,you're voting for us". The only time either Party thinks of you is at election time. Always going to be tough on crime,and its worse than ever. Going to abolish poverty and only line their own pockets.

I dont even vote anymore. America has fallen and it makes no difference who is put in office.

I also see them both as vile corrupt machines. I do vote howevér.

Active
I also see them both as vile corrupt machines. I do vote howevér.

After more than 200 years,with all the promises and things they were going to get done.....how in the world did we get to this?
I will put my trust in Christ,the world can do what they want. As long as they stay off my lawn.

Active
After more than 200 years,with all the promises and things they were going to get done.....how in the world did we get to this?
I will put my trust in Christ,the world can do what they want. As long as they stay off my lawn.

Exactly! Pledge allegiance to His Kingdom to come that His will be done. Amen

Active
Liberals and Democrats can be Christian. Liberality itself is a Christian virtue and so is being wise in conservation. Both can also be evil.

What is going on is not that Liberals are the enemy, but there is a Devil that runs through both parties. It's naive to think that the Liberal party is completely responsible for the sins of the nation.

I believe you can go to Heaven if you are on the Left, but you can also go to Hell on the Right.

The right hand might have to be cut off anyway, because Trump and his son-in-law have such a conspiracy with the 666 Fifth Avenue building in New York City and the taking of bribes from Saudi Arabia.

Im not Trump crazy like some. But where is your proof in the accusations toward him and son in law?

Active
Im not Trump crazy like some. But where is your proof in the accusations toward him and son in law?

The will of the Father is in Isaiah 58:6-12 and of Christ in Matthew 25:31-46. Therefore there is corruption in both parties. So follow Jesus and support His will which IS the Father's will.
Vote out all who do not fight for His causes. Amen

Active
The will of the Father is in Isaiah 58:6-12 and of Christ in Matthew 25:31-46. Therefore there is corruption in both parties. So follow Jesus and support His will which IS the Father's will.
Vote out all who do not fight for His causes. Amen

I dont vote amymore
I dont care what the world does
But if the brother makes false accusations,he is no better than the world

Active
I dont vote amymore
I dont care what the world does
But if the brother makes false accusations,he is no better than the world

True if what he implied is false! But I am Glad to hear that you are not part of the two parry system

I made a thread about it here with plenty of references.

Active
I made a thread about it here with plenty of references.

Well i looked at it. Still nothing to prove they are crooks just because thay want to sell property. May be i missed something. There was a lot there

Well i looked at it. Still nothing to prove they are crooks just because thay want to sell property. May be i missed something. There was a lot there

All I need to say for that is 666. That's reason enough from a Christian standpoint.

If that doesn't work for you, then at a national level it will be that Trump is on two criminal trials. I'm sure you've heard about those. As well as civil trials for "Rape" sexual abuse....

Active
All I need to say for that is 666. That's reason enough from a Christian standpoint.

If that doesn't work for you, then at a national level it will be that Trump is on two criminal trials. I'm sure you've heard about those. As well as civil trials for "Rape" sexual abuse....

666. That number or anything else sares me. I n counting anything,even addresses the number 666 will eventually come up.
I dont see the devil behind every bush like weak babes in Christ.

As for trumps "crimes",we are innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Loyal
666. That number or anything else sares me. I n counting anything,even addresses the number 666 will eventually come up.
I dont see the devil behind every bush like weak babes in Christ.

As for trumps "crimes",we are innocent until proven guilty in this country.
And we can be forgiven of our sins, but only by God, most christians have forgotten how to do so when it comes to anyone in politics. There are obvious liars and cheats and ppl who only care about themselves and furthering hidden agendas no matter the cost, but there are some who have sinned and continue to do so regularly, but God has not only forgiven them if they ask, which some have, but they try to keep the corruption away from themselves. If it was up to christians, they would all burn in hell for even being a politician.

Active
And we can be forgiven of our sins, but only by God, most christians have forgotten how to do so when it comes to anyone in politics. There are obvious liars and cheats and ppl who only care about themselves and furthering hidden agendas no matter the cost, but there are some who have sinned and continue to do so regularly, but God has not only forgiven them if they ask, which some have, but they try to keep the corruption away from themselves. If it was up to christians, they would all burn in hell for even being a politician.

So true.
I meant to say 666 does not scare me. Should have proof read

I really think that Jesus was liberal in his time (very conservative rabbis). To say that christianity originated from that is a very telling fact.

Loyal
I really think that Jesus was liberal in his time (very conservative rabbis). To say that christianity originated from that is a very telling fact.
For His time, He certainly was, but He often speaks of sin being bad, and that we are to "sin no more" after He forgives us, liberals in this age, thinks it means we can keep on sinning and be free of guilt over it and not worry about changing to be more like Christ.

Loyal
Liberal and conservative... the definitions move as the pendulum swings :)

Typically conservative means - conserve.. keep things the same. Don't change anything.
Typically liberal means - change things up, liberate from the old standards. We don't like the old way.

Classically - Liberal means, man was born good and learns to be evil through outside influences.
Classically - Conservative means man was born evil and learns to be good through outside influence ( i.e. Jesus )

Jesus wanted to change the Pharisee establishment of His time.

Matt 15:3; And He answered and said to them, "Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?
Matt 15:6; he is not to honor his father or his mother.' And by this you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
Mark 7:5; The Pharisees and the scribes *asked Him, "Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat their bread with impure hands?"
Mark 7:8; "Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men."
Mark 7:9; He was also saying to them, "You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.
Mark 7:13; thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that."

A lot of people say the Pharisees were legalists trying to make everyone follow the Law, but the Bible says just the opposite. They neglected the commandments and
tried to get everyone follow their man-made traditions.

Jesus was a liberal for trying to change this. The US was founded on Christian principles. ( How far have we strayed? )
The liberals now want us to move away from those values. The liberals in the US are the movement behind abortion, same sex marriage, gay rights, and the transgender agenda.

Last edited:
For His time, He certainly was, but He often speaks of sin being bad, and that we are to "sin no more" after He forgives us, liberals in this age, thinks it means we can keep on sinning and be free of guilt over it and not worry about changing to be more like Christ.

This is a question to @B-A-C as well:

(this is just for debate's sake) Jesus dined with sinners and took them in. He helped common fisherfolks to become disciples and gave them more responsibilities. Why doesn't the conservatives of today (if they are founded on christian principles) accept liberals? Why should they be shunned?