• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Liberalism

Do liberal ideologies mix with Christianity?

• Yes

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 72.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
Loyal
(this is just for debate's sake) Jesus dined with sinners and took them in. He helped common fisherfolks to become disciples and gave them more responsibilities. Why doesn't the conservatives of today (if they are founded on christian principles) accept liberals? Why should they be shunned?

In practice, I see this the opposite. Conservatives are more accepting of liberals than the opposite. But Jesus didn't dine with the tax collectors and prostitutes to "accept them". He did it to change them.
He told people "go and sin no more".

Active
Im not Trump crazy like some. But where is your proof in the accusations toward him and son in law?
No, they can't.
The very core beliefs of those two "groups" is worse and so against God. No one can cherry pick what they're going to believe and follow regarding God.
There is no God given right nor Constitutional one to murder unborn babies; of which human life begins at conception no matter what nonsense someone regurgitates.

Staff Member
Greetings,

It's called free will sadly.. not all use it to do the right thing

or is it a will that has been captured and lied to that can not discern truth?

Let us remember we have been set free, delivered, quickened and our eyes opened. What and where were we prior to the Grace of God being poured abundantly upon us?

Enemies? Hostile? Darkness? Lost? Deceived? Empty? Poor? Dead in trespass and sin?

Let us give thanks to Him Who gave Himself that we might be free and partake in His Kingdom for eternity....

and be good stewards of His Grace to others

Jesus is the Lord

Bless you ....><>

Active
Greetings,

or is it a will that has been captured and lied to that can not discern truth?

Let us remember we have been set free, delivered, quickened and our eyes opened. What and where were we prior to the Grace of God being poured abundantly upon us?

Enemies? Hostile? Darkness? Lost? Deceived? Empty? Poor? Dead in trespass and sin?

Let us give thanks to Him Who gave Himself that we might be free and partake in His Kingdom for eternity....

and be good stewards of His Grace to others

Jesus is the Lord

Bless you ....><>
I do not know don't know what they r into but we all have choices n that Was A gift from YH.. n who am I to tell another what they have to do with their free will.. who am I to take another s free will away from them when it was YH Himself that gave it..

One can go in circles driving themselves batty.. we all have free will yet we Hear His is a chosen people if they was not chosen is it free will? That's a convo one would have to have with YH Himself frfe

Twistie :broken_heart:

No, they can't.
The very core beliefs of those two "groups" is worse and so against God. No one can cherry pick what they're going to believe and follow regarding God.
There is no God given right nor Constitutional one to murder unborn babies; of which human life begins at conception no matter what nonsense someone regurgitates.
Sorry it took me so long to get back on this post, I was never alerted by email until now.

There actually is a God given right to abortion. Anyone who has read through the first 5 books of the Bible will remember the, "Trial of Jealousy," Numbers chapter 5. In the King James it is not so clear, but in other translations it becomes clear it is speaking about a forced abortion. This is under the circumstance that a wife is playing the ***** and has become pregnant.

21here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse d among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”
(New International Version, Numbers 5:21-22).

Being gentiles we are more liberal to these laws and whoredom being a thing we allow women to abort when they feel they need to.

Active
Laws given to a people of that time and culture.
Not given to us and that is still murder. Regardless of the cause of a pregnancy, abortion is still murder b/c of someone else's choice.
Miscarriages are NOT the same thing. Nowhere close.
On that, a woman's body, innately knows when something is going wrong and to preserver Her life it may reject a baby/fetus. A woman can have more children but a dead one cannot.
I read a lengthy letter posted anonymously by a woman who's son is the result of a pregnancy from rape.
She never thought of having an abortion. She called doing that b/c of rape akin to "Chopping up a baby so I can heal from the rape is evil and selfish." I couldn't agree more.
Pretty sure the death penalty was effective on rapists back then it's long past time to implement it. No it is NOT barbaric.
Start by "removing more rapists" from the population with public executions and you'll see a sharp decline real quick.

Active
:broken_heart:Laws given to a people of that time and culture.
Not given to us and that is still murder. Regardless of the cause of a pregnancy, abortion is still murder b/c of someone else's choice.
Miscarriages are NOT the same thing. Nowhere close.
On that, a woman's body, innately knows when something is going wrong and to preserver Her life it may reject a baby/fetus. A woman can have more children but a dead one cannot.
I read a lengthy letter posted anonymously by a woman who's son is the result of a pregnancy from rape.
She never thought of having an abortion. She called doing that b/c of rape akin to "Chopping up a baby so I can heal from the rape is evil and selfish." I couldn't agree more.
Pretty sure the death penalty was effective on rapists back then it's long past time to implement it. No it is NOT barbaric.
Start by "removing more rapists" from the population with public executions and you'll see a sharp decline real quick.
Fact is Fact tho YH gave us all free will.. He gave it for us to have a choice between right n wrong.. n what one does with it is their business.. unless one opens up to talk to another it's no one else's business that is between them n YH n those who think they should have control ova another's Free Will that was given to them by YH is full of arrogance n pride.. n one who sits n judges those He don't know nothing about is not a doers of YHs laws.. it's all written..

Active
Fact is Fact tho YH gave us all free will.. He gave it for us to have a choice between right n wrong.. n what one does with it is their business.. unless one opens up to talk to another it's no one else's business that is between them n YH n those who think they should have control ova another's Free Will that was given to them by YH is full of arrogance n pride.. n one who sits n judges those He don't know nothing about is not a doers of YHs laws.. it's all written..

If you care for another and want to bring more people to God then getting into other people's "business" then that has to happen.
No Christian simply become a hermit in their faith or say nothing as then the church simply becomes a country club for Christians only and no more people are saved.

Active
If you care for another and want to bring more people to God then getting into other people's "business" then that has to happen.
No Christian simply become a hermit in their faith or say nothing as then the church simply becomes a country club for Christians only and no more people are saved.
We can't save ourselves let alone others lol that's awfully prideful don't ya think.. I mean the only one I know that was tortured n hated n died for me was the Messiah..

We r told how to walk we r told what we should do n we all have the free will to do it or not..

May will go n say Lord Lord n may will b turned away.. going to a building once a week to see some light n a movie screen is not gonna save no one.. fact is they bring peep further from YH..

They become stale in their growth.. drinking from others is not like drinking from the Lord Himself

I go on the streets n have church any day any time that the spirit moves me I don't wait on a day.. when YH says go I go when YH says b still I b still..

As it is written

John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.

N again I'm not a Christian.. I'm a servant of YH I'm am a vessel nothing more

Active

Forgive my butting in. But the local church (building),is for the gathering of the Saints,not the lost. It’s where Christian’s come to edify one another.
Paul told the Hebrews forsake not the assembling themselves together. He wasn’t talking to lost.

Loyal
Forgive my butting in. But the local church (building),is for the gathering of the Saints,not the lost. It’s where Christian’s come to edify one another.
Paul told the Hebrews forsake not the assembling themselves together. He wasn’t talking to lost.
'Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is;
but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.'
(Heb 10:25)

Hello @lentz,

The church (building) should be a place where both the unsaved and the saved can find a word in season. Where the gospel message is given for the lost, and Bible study is available for the edification of those who are already saved by God's grace, and seek the fellowship of those of like mind. To worship God together from the heart, pray for one another, and edify one another with an open Bible.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.'

Hello @lentz,

The church (building) should be a place where both the unsaved and the saved can find a word in season. Where the gospel message is given for the lost, and Bible study is available for the edification of those who are already saved by God's grace, and seek the fellowship of those of like mind. To worship God together from the heart, pray for one another, and edify one another with an open Bible.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Yeah.
If you only allow Christians into "church" then it becomes a country club and very few would get saved.

Active

Hello @lentz,

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Name one instance where we’re to bring lost into the Lords house.
What has light to do with darkness. Why bring pigs to eat at the Lord’s table.

Active
Yeah.
If you only allow Christians into "church" then it becomes a country club and very few would get saved.

I agree. The building where the word is being preached is open to anyone. The stinky homeless one to the atheist...all are welcome. I was told once of this Church (building) with two doors. One read sinners enter here and the other said righteous enter here. The one that said righteous enter here was permanently locked.

I mean, if you are a Christian (Christ-like) consider the words of Jesus where He tells us about half the so-called church goers who claim the name Christian are part of the Bridal Chamber, doing all the Churchianity stuff, but are NOT His (Matthew 25:1-13; Romans 8:9).

Active

Funny how Jesus NEVER taught about a house but people. He demonstrated an Us and Them relationship in many passages. And NO....the non-Christians should NOT be allowed to partake of the Lord's Table. Only believers get that privilege!

Loyal
Hello @lentz,

A church building is only a meeting place. It is only of value if the word of God is being preached within it. You and I were once 'lost', but now we are 'found', because we heard and believed the truth concerning the Lord Jesus Christ, and was given the grace to believe. What we have is what we have received from above.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
Hello @lentz,

A church building is only a meeting place. It is only of value if the word of God is being preached within it. You and I were once 'lost', but now we are 'found', because we heard and believed the truth concerning the Lord Jesus Christ, and was given the grace to believe. What we have is what we have received from above.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Ok

Active
The church is the people not the building.
It is NOT any "church" that supports the Alphabet people in their sin nor allows women to preach. God spoke on things ONCE and your, my, and anyone else's opinion with Him on it is irrelevant.
It is not the Vatican. It is not the oldest or the newest church buildings in existence.
Jesus came to seek and save the lost; everyone else got a bonus, if you will, for being around and following Him.
If in some alt universe as Lentz suggests, then at one point no one would be saved anymore and Christianity would be by definition, a cult.