• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Active
I noticed Israel bombed Syria if I'm not mistaken on the details. Does anyone have knowledge of scripture or ideas about what this could mean?

The news agency reporting it (can't recall which one) also had a subtitle somewhere making allusions to "World War III".

Just wondering what everyone's opinions or thoughts are on this.

Loyal
With so many factions waring in Syria, I am not surprised that Isreal decided to get invovled. And all it means is that Isreal will get condemnation from arab nations (nothing new), and hopefully will have the courage to take care of their own interests instead of letting the US do it for them (which it wont under liberal control).

Active
And all it means is that Isreal will get condemnation from arab nations

You're certainly right about that. But there really isn't anything the Jewish nation can do that the arab nations won't attack. For Israel to defend itself is a crime in their eyes and, sadly, in the eyes of much of the rest of the world as well.

I have a feeling this bombing is going to make the usual conflict there much greater.

Active
read somewhere ceptor, that Golan Heights (syrian border with Israel) has oil reserves that Israel wants.

Loyal
Woe to those who take sides against Israel. God doesnt give up on His children, and His protection of Israel has often happened even though their hearts were far from Him.

Active
Woe to those who take sides against Israel. God doesnt give up on His children, and His protection of Israel has often happened even though their hearts were far from Him.
true brad what do u think will be for those resident in Israel but against God?

i guess they may either convert or be removed

Loyal
I think its revelations (although I could be wrong) that says that most of Israel will die, but those that do live will all turn to God and Christ fully. I would guess Israel will suffer greatly, but I note that those who are attacking Israel, a massive overpowering force, greater than any army ever to march, will suffer even worse, with their blood making a river over 5 feet high. From that point, all those who attacked Israel will be worm food for generations.

Active
, but those that do live will all turn to God and Christ fully.

Are you referencing the 144,000? From my recent reading of Revelation on that they are witnesses for the Gospel in the Tribulation (THE Tribulation / Wrath of God after rapture).

And yeah, the things you wrote about there Brad I think are one of the reasons they are making statements like WW3.

Active
read somewhere ceptor, that Golan Heights (syrian border with Israel) has oil reserves that Israel wants.

That's interesting, I never caught that. But it would make sense. I think I'm going to try to dig deeper on that issue. Thanks Robaston. :)

Loyal
Are you referencing the 144,000? From my recent reading of Revelation on that they are witnesses for the Gospel in the Tribulation (THE Tribulation / Wrath of God after rapture).

And yeah, the things you wrote about there Brad I think are one of the reasons they are making statements like WW3.
No, wasnt referencing the 144,000, I think more than that will survive, its only a guess (I will have to see if I can find the scripture) that about 2/3rds of those in Israel at the time of the great army camped against Jerusalem will die. Those left will know they have no earthly hope and turn to God finally and fully.

Loyal

This may have been discussed here already, but when I read what you wrote here I was reminded of something the Lord taught me previously concerning Israel (the physical nation), so thought I would share it here:

Israel Today

July 13, 2014

~ "For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, ‘It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.’ In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring." ~ Romans 9:6b-8

~ “His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility... For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.” ~ Eph. 2:14-18

~ “For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law… The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," MEANING ONE PERSON, who is Christ.” ~ Gal. 3:10, 16

~ “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” ~ Gal. 3:26-29

~ “For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise. These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother…

“Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. IT IS THE SAME NOW. But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.” ~ Gal. 4:22-31

~ "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.” ~ Matt. 12:30

~ “Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.” ~ 1 Jn. 2:22

~ “As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.” ~ Ro. 11:28-32

~ “When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” ~ Matt. 8:10-12

Galatians 6:12-16: “Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God.”

Romans 2:29: “No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.”

My Thoughts

We, the church, the Body of Christ, are the children of promise now (See Gal. 4).

The physical nation of Israel today is not to be confused with the nation of Israel of old. The nation of Israel of old was God’s holy people, set apart for God and for his service, although they certainly did not always live like holy people. Still, they belonged to God. He created them for his purposes. From them would come Jesus Christ, their Savior, into the world to save sinners, yet they, as a nation, rejected their promised Messiah, the seed of Abraham, and they had him crucified on a cross to die as though he was a common criminal, although he had done no wrong. So they, as a people, were cut off from the vine due to unbelief (See Romans 11). They can be grafted back in through belief, though. As well, many Jews have believed in Jesus Christ as their Messiah, Savior and Lord. Amen!

Jesus Christ, through his death and resurrection, made believing Jews and Gentiles one in Christ. He destroyed the barrier between the two groups.

So, you see, God only has one chosen people now, and they are the true church, the Body of Christ, whether Jew or Gentile by physical birth. Yet, we are no longer divided Jew and Gentile, but we are divided Christian and non-Christian; saved and unsaved (See Gal. 3:26-29).

It is critical that we get this in order for us to truly comprehend what is going on in the world and in the Middle East today! The physical nation of Israel today is not of God! They are not God’s chosen people, in other words. It is of Satan! Those who do not believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives do not worship the God of Abraham. They are antichrist! They are not the children of promise. Only those who believe in Jesus Christ are the children of promise and heirs of God. The physical nation of Israel today is no different from any other nation created of men. They are of Hagar, so they are no different from the Arab nations. We need to get this. They are the “Gentiles” now! And, they are opposed to God and to his Son Jesus Christ, just like they were at the time they killed the Son of God, which means they are also opposed to the gospel of salvation and to those who hold to the testimony of Jesus Christ. So, why do so many Christians support them?

With regard to the prophecies in Ezekiel, if they are concerning these last days, then they have to be interpreted in light of the above mentioned concerning who Israel is today. In other words, in Ezekiel 36 it speaks of the people of Israel as having defiled their land by their conduct and their actions. So, God poured out his wrath on them because they had shed blood in the land and because they had defiled it with their idols. So, God scattered them among the nations. Wherever they went, they profaned God’s name. Yet, for the sake of His Name, God decided that he would gather Israel from all the countries where they were scattered and he would bring them back to their own land.

Then, he said that he would sprinkle clean water on them, and they would be clean. He will cleanse them from all their impurities and from all their idols. He will give them a new heart and he will put a new spirit within them. He will remove their heart of stone and will give them a heart of flesh (pliable hearts). And, he will put his Spirit in them and will move them to follow his decrees. He will save them from their uncleanness. On the day that he cleanses them from all their sins, he will resettle them in their towns and their ruins will be rebuilt.

Ok, the physical nation of Israel is described in the New Testament as being of Hagar, the slave woman. She, as a nation, has not turned to Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior, so she has not been cleansed of her sins, she does not have a new heart, and the Spirit of the Lord is not in her as a physical nation. So, this passage in Ezekiel 36 cannot apply to the state of Israel as created by the UN/US/Rothschilds, et al. The cleansing is a prerequisite to the resettling and the rebuilding. As well, this is speaking of a spiritual renewal of God’s people, too, which the Jews who do not believe in Jesus are not today. Or, it is speaking of the Jews coming to faith in Jesus Christ. According to Wikipedia and a 2012 CBS report, the Christian population in the nation of Israel is somewhere between 2% to 3.5%. So, this cleansing of sin and the Spirit of God within her only represents a very small minority of the nation, so, again, this cannot be a reference to the present state of Israel as a nation.

My concern here, which I believe is also God’s concern, is that many Christians are giving their support to and are standing with an ungodly nation which does not worship the God of Abraham, and that, in doing so, they may, in fact, be supporting Satan and his work. Biblically speaking, I see no precedent for giving our support or standing with anyone other than Christ Jesus, his word, his gospel of salvation, and his followers who are holding strong to their testimonies, who are not denying their Lord, and who are suffering persecution for the sake of the cross. How do we know that the nation of Israel is not involved in the persecution of Christians, and even in their deaths, and that by supporting them we may be, in fact, supporting the persecution of our brothers and sisters in Christ worldwide. The passage in Galatians 4 says that the son of the slave woman, physical Israel, persecutes the Son of the free woman, which includes the persecution of the saints of God, true believers in Jesus Christ. So, please pray about this, because I believe this is HUGE!

Loyal
Sue, although I agree with the thought that the children of Abraham are those who trust in God and worship and obey Him, so many other christians find more fault with Israel than themselves and their neighbors and nations, and leave no room for God's compasion toward them.

Loyal
Sue, although I agree with the thought that the children of Abraham are those who trust in God and worship and obey Him, so many other christians find more fault with Israel than themselves and their neighbors and nations, and leave no room for God's compasion toward them.

Brad, I am sorry to hear that. Yet, my experience has been more on the opposite end. A year or so ago now, there had been an ongoing campaign on Facebook, maybe for months, via the use of Memes, to try to get Christians to support the nation of Israel against their Arab enemies. Many Christians were buying into this, and were writing posts in support of the nation of Israel. It was a daily entourage of Memes and FB friends writing how we all need to get behind the nation of Israel and support them. I was deeply concerned over how so many Christians were buying into this hook, line and sinker, so I wrote something, not as a baiting tactic, and not to incite a heated debate, but in response to my friends’ posts, and hopefully to get people to think, and not to just blindly accept everything they hear. Jesus warned against false teachers, as did his apostles, and I felt I needed to warn my friends and family members not to fall into this deception, but to search the scriptures and to see the truth, so they would not be deceived, and so they would not unwittingly support what was anti-God.

Yet, many Christians who believe that we should all support the physical nation of Israel went on the attack, and they tried to convince me that I should also support the nation of Israel. When I showed them what the Bible teaches on the subject, some of them attacked even stronger, some of them saying they wanted me dead, basically, for not supporting Israel. I didn’t get heated, and I was not nasty with anyone. I tried to gently point them to the truth each time they shared their beliefs on the subject. I do believe it led some people to search out the scriptures more carefully, and to examine their beliefs more closely, while others were as hard as nails and would not even consider any other point of view, even if the scriptures clearly taught the contrary to their belief systems. I hope and pray that many who read the discussion were challenged to examine their beliefs to see if they lined up with scripture, and that they were led to reconsider their stance, and to possibly withdraw their support of the nation of Israel, though there really is not much difference between supporting Israel and pledging allegiance (fidelity) to the US flag, in my opinion.

I believe we should treat all unbelievers the same, whether they are Jews or Gentiles by birth. We should pray for their salvation, and extend the love of Jesus to them, as well as we should share the gospel with them, in hopes that many will come to believe in Jesus Christ.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hey folks,

This is what I believe, based on what Scripture tells us. Simple, short summary
1. Israel if GOD's chosen nation (always was, always will be)
2. We, the church are His chosen people, "elect"
3. The church and also Israel will be more aggressively persecuted the closer we get to the last days
4. Armageddon (aka the Apocalypse) is generally many nations coming against Israel in an attempt to wipe her out completely, but will fail.

Most of this is all in the book of Revelation, second half and Zechariah.