• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

works has nothing to do with salvation yet it is a by product

Active
God showed me a vision one time of a large family. Each of the family members represented a different church. Some older some younger. Yet all of them thought they had the nich on God. Each thought they, and only they were the special one. That no one else knew God as they did.

They were constantly bickering to eachother, i know God, you dont. Then the Lord said to me. There are many people in all the churches who love me, and i love all of them.
Thanks for the story, Bill.
Do you know how to tell if someone loves God?

Active
Because the conscience is your last line in the defense of perverse thought's, if you don't listen to what it says you'll turn out like Hitler.
Yep.
But his conscience wasn't based on Godliness.
It was based on ancient myths about the dominance of the Aryan people.
Not based on what can I do for the benefit of others.
A man's conscience has to be based on something real, or it descends into the perversions you site.
His conscience allowed for murder.
To him the idea of mass murder wasn't perverse.
Do you think he was wrong?
Based on what?
Some measure of right and wrong?
Without a perspective that includes God, there is no way to penalize Hitler's actions.

Yep.
But his conscience wasn't based on Godliness.
It was based on ancient myths about the dominance of the Aryan people.
Not based on what can I do for the benefit of others.
A man's conscience has to be based on something real, or it descends into the perversions you site.
His conscience allowed for murder.
To him the idea of mass murder wasn't perverse.
Do you think he was wrong?
Based on what?
Some measure of right and wrong?
Without a perspective that includes God, there is no way to penalize Hitler's actions.
What if there was a place a great finished landscape where we all go after we die, in this place there are authorities who are as ancient as time itself. Hitler would find himself in a world of trouble when he arrives, he will have his punishment allotted to him. But it would be fair and justified punishment, that involves him a continuation of learning and correction. If he still refuses to learn, then they will cease his journey.

Loyal
What if there was a place a great finished landscape where we all go after we die, in this place there are authorities who are as ancient as time itself. Hitler would find himself in a world of trouble when he arrives, he will have his punishment allotted to him. But it would be fair and justified punishment, that involves him a continuation of learning and correction. If he still refuses to learn, then they will cease his journey.

Isn't this a lot like the great white throne judgment? You've changed some of the names and circumstances... but for the most part...
The big difference between this and mainstream Christianity, is that THIS life is your testing and proving ground. After this life.. game over.
No second chances.

Isn't this a lot like the great white throne judgment? You've changed some of the names and circumstances... but for the most part...
The big difference between this and mainstream Christianity, is that THIS life is your testing and proving ground. After this life.. game over.
No second chances.
One life is not enough to learn what you need to enter the universal community.

Active
Got a bible verse for that, or some other reference?
Hitler's "fair and just punishment" will be a lake of fire. (Rev 20:15)

One life is not enough to learn what you need to enter the universal community.
You are already in the universal community.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are already in the universal community.
Not yet where not, we all still squabbling over bronze age Gods and selling and buying each other like candy.

Some community.

Got a bible verse for that, or some other reference?
Hitler's "fair and just punishment" will be a lake of fire. (Rev 20:15)
You don't need no reference from a bunch of sheep herders, or monk's up on a mountain, or a cleric who doesn't eat pork.
No, nature itself reveals the inner workings of the universe.

Active

This journey of learning of which you speak, is taking place right now. When it is over, God will '''know'' you. You will know yourself too. God will separate those who love Him from those who hate Him. There will be no middle ground. If God believed you still required a middle ground, He would keep you alive for longer. He is already doing that. He literally waits until there is a complete imbalance of evil over good before His destruction comes. We learn so much from Abraham's discussion with God on Sodom. Gen 18:32 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?” He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.” IE There was not even ten righteous people in Sodom. These were all very wicked people. Take even those at the time of the flood. The wickedness of the people upset God so much, that He told Noah to build an ark. God gave these very wicked people.....a .....120 year warning to change Gen 6:3.

You don't need no reference from a bunch of sheep herders, or monk's up on a mountain, or a cleric who doesn't eat pork.
No, nature itself reveals the inner workings of the universe.
Nature reveals God and free will. The bible is proven truthful in both directions. You just save time reading it first.

Loyal
Rom 1:19; because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
Rom 1:20; For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Where did nature come from? Where did creation come from?

Active
Sure it does, that's why I learned nothing useful about the universe in the 14 years I was a Christian.
Lol. You need to be more specific. What kind of thinking did you do as a Christian?

God gave us brains to be used. God is glorified when we use them to their full potential.

Loyal
why not tell us
When the love of God is present in a person, it is always being emitted from them. You can see it in everything they do. The fruit. As the bible says, they are slow to anger, compassionate, and so on.

There is a tenderness that is sweet to behold.

Loyal
why not tell us
I was trying to find a way to explain why works is important to our faith. The Lord reminded me of something that will show it, and i think you will get a laugh to.

Some years ago, i think i was about 21 at the time. I worked at a summer camp for boys. Every saturday, the camp officials would take about 50 boys out canoeing on the Maumee Rr. It was the highlight of the week.

It started raining friday night. The forcast was rain all saturday, that would cancell canoeing.

Late friday night i prayed to the Lord, Please Lord, dont let these kids miss thier canoe trip. (Many children came from low income families, coming there was a big thing for them). I prayed a while, basically pleading for them. I knew the Lord heard me.

My daily program was cancelled saturday morning due to the rain. But i spent the morning loading the canoes onto the trailers by myself. 14 canoes in all. During lunch, to the surprize of all the sun came out and a blue sky appeared.

One of the officials got up and started to say the canoe trip was still cancelled as nothing was ready. I then got up and announced that the trailers were all loaded, and all the paddles and life vests were ready to.

They went canoeing that afternoon.