• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Will I go to hell

Active
From what I understand and believe, Paul (taught by Christ to be THE Apostle for you and I ) states that the INSTANT you believe The Gospel for this Age of Grace you ARE saved and sealed/indwelled with The Holy Spirit.....You may not feel any different, you WILL sin again but you are now saved 1 Cor 15:1-4...That is THE GOSPEL for THIS AGE of Grace....If any teach a different Gospel then Christ has a dire warning to them Gal 1:8
How can one “not feel any different” if they’ve been saved, cleansed, redeemed, born again, adopted into the Kingdom of Jesus? Doesn’t God’s Word clearly say that we become “new creatures”? -
2 Corinthians 5:17

If all of these things become true (and God’s Word says that they are/will) then how is it possible to experience all of this and NOT feel any different? How is it possible to have the very Spirit of the living God, the Creator of the Universe….filling you up (or just living inside of you) and “not feel any different?”
I believe that to try and teach/tell someone that they “may not feel anything” in their salvation experience…is simply spreading false doctrine.

If we make the claim that we are His, there should be evidence or outward signs; otherwise it’s just hollow words.

Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ - Matthew 7:22-23

Here is a challenge for you (for any of us). Let’s go to God’s Word and look up every single person we can find there who was filled with the Holy Spirit….saved, redeemed, renewed, restored, etc through Christ Jesus….. and let’s see how THEY reacted (felt). I believe we will find a common theme there.

Last edited:
Active
The witness of faith (the unseen power of God) is always inward. Christ in us . Spiritual gift are always eternal spiritual not seen .

Outward gifts gifts men seen are the temporal .They have their reward of false pride . Look at me (show and tell) I did it.

Matthew 6 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: ..

That they may have glory of men

Learn what it means to walk by faith as that not of your own . (I did it, it proves it )

Even Jesus our brother in the lord gave glory to the unseen father. He refused to stand in the place of faith God's glory

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Specific evidence is the sign a person has a new desire to do the will . The will is not make a baby sound and fall backward slain in the Spirit .(a mocking the Spirit of judgement of God)

And I do like the doctrine of spirit filled . All believers receive the end of their new born again faith as the salvation of their soul from the beginning are filled with the Holy Spirit from the moment they believe. .

1 Peter 1:8-9 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

There is no need to top off with sense sounds "abotibweale or filler up with; "I was slain in the Spirit".

Just simply believe the tongue of God prophecy (gospel) as he makes it possible.

Don't turn God into a circus seal .Perform a miracle then a person will commit faith.

To the law or foundation of a doctrine and its testimony if men speak according to that one word then we can be sure there is no light in their path

To the law. .
John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

To the witness

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
Okay so I see you still will not, or rather CAN NOT answer my question.
It’s sad to see….but thats fine. No worries. I will lift your name up in prayer today my friend.

“Ye shall know them by their fruits.” -Matthew 7:16

“And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be FILLED with the Spirit,….” - Ephesians 5:18

“And they were all FILLED with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.” -Acts 2:4

Loyal
Paul (taught by Christ to be THE Apostle for you and I ) states that the INSTANT you believe The Gospel for this Age of Grace you ARE saved and sealed/indwelled with The Holy Spirit
Acts 19:2 and he said unto them, Whether ye received the Holy Spirit when ye believed? And they said unto him, Nay, we did not so much as hear whether there is a Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles, those at Jerusalem, heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
15 who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they receive the Holy Spirit:
16 for as yet He was fallen upon none of them: only they had been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

Luke 11:13 If ye therefore, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall the Father who is from heaven give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Loyal
1: a word of wisdom - [G4678 - enlightenment - devout and proper prudence in interaction with men not disciples of Christ - skill and discretion in imparting Christian truth - the knowledge and practice of
the requisites for godly and upright living]
2: a word of knowledge - [G1108 - understanding - especially of things lawful and unlawful for Christians - moral wisdom, such as is seen in right living]
3: faith - [G4102 persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession;
by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself]
4: gifts of healings - [ G2386 - to be cured and set free from any ailment or impairment - to be made whole]
5: workings of powers - [G1411 force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself) miracles]
6: prophecy - [G4394 a discourse emanating from divine inspiration and declaring the purposes of God, whether by reproving and admonishing the wicked, or comforting the afflicted, or revealing things hidden;
especially by foretelling future events]
7: discernings of spirits - [G1253 - distinguishing, judging + G4151 - a spirit, that is, (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc.,
or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit:
8: kinds of tongues - [G1085 - kindred + G1100 - the tongue, a language or dialect]
9: interpretation of tongues - [G2058 - translation or interpretation of what has been spoken in tongues]

-------------------- <>< \o/ ><> --------------------------
The three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit - prophecy, tongues and interpretation are only to be operated during worship meetings and in order as laid out by Paul in 1Corinthians 14.
These gifts are for the body of Christ - the ekklesia - for edification (building up); exhortation (encouragement); comfort (peace, consolation).

The other six gifts can be dispersed and given to saints upon need and in response to seeking through prayer.
James 1:5 But if any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all simply and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Active
You simply have no understanding of the baptism and infilling of the Holy Spirit within a disciple.
Read the epistles written to Spirit-filled Pentecostal Christians of the NT and you gain your answers.

I think you should actually look to the foundation as a law of the the doctrine of the tongue of God "prophecy" . It is found in Isaiah 28 and mentioned in 1 Corinthians 14 21-22 . (yet for all that they still refuse to commit to faith as a sign against making a noise without understanding )

I think you mean to say a filling station as a church. Filler up , I just ran low .Therefore never coming to fullness of faith (the unseen will of God) .God does not give remnants of His Spirit . .. again I emphasize God does not give a remnant of His Holy Spirit .

2 Timothy 3:6-8King James VersionFor of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. (the unseen spiritual)

The believer receives the fulness of grace the salvation of their new soul from the moment they first as re given the power of the un seen Holy Spirit as a spiritual gift .

Still waiting for you to explain how making noises without meaning falling back slain in the Spirit prevents you from sinning?

And who informed you you have to see something in order to believe?

1 Peter1:8 -9 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

It does not saying what you are promoting . . "Whom having seen your own self you love because I did it, it proves it .

That's the witness of paganism No faith in a unseen God needed . Out of sight out of mind. .

Still waiting for you to show from the scriptures that making noises without meaning empowers a person to not violate the law of God as it is written . How much less because you did make a noise? 50% ?

Active
I think you should actually look to the foundation as a law of the the doctrine of the tongue of God "prophecy" . It is found in Isaiah 28 and mentioned in 1 Corinthians 14 21-22 . (yet for all that they still refuse to commit to faith as a sign against making a noise without understanding )

I think you mean to say a filling station as a church. Filler up , I just ran low .Therefore never coming to fullness of faith (the unseen will of God) .God does not give remnants of His Spirit . .. again I emphasize God does not give a remnant of His Holy Spirit .

2 Timothy 3:6-8King James VersionFor of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. (the unseen spiritual)

The believer receives the fulness of grace the salvation of their new soul from the moment they first as re given the power of the un seen Holy Spirit as a spiritual gift .

Still waiting for you to explain how making noises without meaning falling back slain in the Spirit prevents you from sinning.

Still waiting for you to show from the scriptures that making noises without meaning empowers a person to not violate the law of God as it is written . How much less because you did make a noise? 50% ?
Perhaps you should repent, be baptized in Jesus’ name, yield to the Holy Ghost, and pray to be filled by Him and experience it for yourself. Why won’t you?
Then you wouldn’t have to keep repeating the same old question. Then…..you’d be a WITNESS!
Be blessed.

Loyal
1: a word of wisdom - [G4678 - enlightenment - devout and proper prudence in interaction with men not disciples of Christ - skill and discretion in imparting Christian truth - the knowledge and practice of
the requisites for godly and upright living]
A big oooooops for my post above - I meant to post this in the "Gifts of the Holy Spirit for the Church??" thread.

Active
Okay so I see you still will not, or rather CAN NOT answer my question.
It’s sad to see….but thats fine. No worries. I will lift your name up in prayer today my friend.

“Ye shall know them by their fruits.” -Matthew 7:16

“And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be FILLED with the Spirit,….” - Ephesians 5:18

“And they were all FILLED with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.” -Acts 2:4

I have answered it even offering scripture as supporting evidence

And they were all FILLED with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues,(language of other nations) as the Spirit was giving them utterance.” -Acts 2:4

It filled them with the Holy Spirit . No leaking of the Holy Spirit or wring out . One time deal .The bible makes no mention of running out of that power which some teach lessens our sin . Just make a noise and get filled .

Their is simply no way around it. Tongues is prophecy not confusion , bewilderment .

How would making a noise without understanding in the end is something that will lessen a persons abiltlty to not sin against the Holy Spirit not seen . How does that wok what kind of fruit?

Simply as the scriptures records men mocking God refusing to obey the word (sola scriptura)

Yes you will know them by their fruits they have a desire to hear the understanding of God .Not making fruitless sounds .I did it . .it proves it .

Why not if you are looking for a sign gift privately I say I bought a Bible and then fall backwards in the spirit of judgement .

All believers are filled with the Spirt the first moment he gives a person the power to believe throughout the gospel as it is written. Making noises without meaning is not one of the spiritual unseen truths

Look the the foundation of the law (Isaiah 28 ) it is revisited in 1 Corihtinans 14 as a witness to the law spoken of in Isiah 28. Other wise you have no foundation other than show me then I will believe ,

Note . . . Unbelievers and false prophecy

Note . . .God law not subject to change by a oral tradition of men .I did it it it proves it.

Note. . .tongue of God's prophecy and the prophets

Isaiah 28: 9-13 The people say, “Who does he think he is trying to teach and explain his message to? Does he think we are babies who were at their mother’s breast only a very short time ago? He speaks to us as though we were babies:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

So God will use this strange way of talking, and he will use other languages to speak to these people. In the past he spoke to them and said, “Here is a resting place. Let those who are tired come and rest. This is the place of peace.” But they would not listen to him. So the Lord’s words will be senseless sounds to them:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw.
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

When the people try to walk, they will fall backwards. They will be defeated, trapped, and captured.

No One Escapes God’s Judgment

Here is a chance to prove the fruit of the Spirit (beleive God) Prove that the law in Isaiah 28 above is not the same law spoken of in 1 below . Show the verses that support what you offer as fruit . . show and tell proof .

Corinthians 14: 21 -22 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

it does not get any clearer . Spiritual gifts not seen yes . Gifts seen I did it it proves it no way .

They have received their reward of wondering marveling falling backwards

Why glory in the flesh?

Active
I have answered it even offering scripture as supporting evidence

And they were all FILLED with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues,(language of other nations) as the Spirit was giving them utterance.” -Acts 2:4

It filled them with the Holy Spirit . No leaking of the Holy Spirit or wring out . One time deal .The bible makes no mention of running out of that power which some teach lessens our sin . Just make a noise and get filled .

Their is simply no way around it. Tongues is prophecy not confusion , bewilderment .

How would making a noise without understanding in the end is something that will lessen a persons abiltlty to not sin against the Holy Spirit not seen . How does that wok what kind of fruit?

Simply as the scriptures records men mocking God refusing to obey the word (sola scriptura)

Yes you will know them by their fruits they have a desire to hear the understanding of God .Not making fruitless sounds .I did it . .it proves it .

Why not if you are looking for a sign gift privately I say I bought a Bible and then fall backwards in the spirit of judgement .

All believers are filled with the Spirt the first moment he gives a person the power to believe throughout the gospel as it is written. Making noises without meaning is not one of the spiritual unseen truths

Look the the foundation of the law (Isaiah 28 ) it is revisited in 1 Corihtinans 14 as a witness to the law spoken of in Isiah 28. Other wise you have no foundation other than show me then I will believe ,

Note . . . Unbelievers and false prophecy

Note . . .God law not subject to change by a oral tradition of men .I did it it it proves it.

Note. . .tongue of God's prophecy and the prophets

Isaiah 28: 9-13 The people say, “Who does he think he is trying to teach and explain his message to? Does he think we are babies who were at their mother’s breast only a very short time ago? He speaks to us as though we were babies:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

So God will use this strange way of talking, and he will use other languages to speak to these people. In the past he spoke to them and said, “Here is a resting place. Let those who are tired come and rest. This is the place of peace.” But they would not listen to him. So the Lord’s words will be senseless sounds to them:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw.
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

When the people try to walk, they will fall backwards. They will be defeated, trapped, and captured.

No One Escapes God’s Judgment

Here is a chance to prove the fruit of the Spirit (beleive God) Prove that the law in Isaiah 28 above is not the same law spoken of in 1 below . Show the verses that support what you offer as fruit . . show and tell proof .

Corinthians 14: 21 -22 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

it does not get any clearer . Spiritual gifts not seen yes . Gifts seen I did it it proves it no way .

They have received their reward of wondering marveling falling backwards

Why glory in the flesh?
So, for the last time, then I’m going to give up.
1. Are YOU (Garee)….”born again of the Spirit?” (as Christ explained to Nicodemus was a requirement for entering the kingdom of Heaven)

2. Do YOU (Garee)….personally have the Holy Spirit dwelling within YOU?

IF you answer “yes” to the above questions, THEN:

3. How do YOU (Garee) know that you have the Holy Spirit filling YOU (Garee)? There MUST be some proof or evidence that YOU (Garee) are filled with the Spirit of the Living God? So, what is it? How do YOU (Garee) reconcile in your mind that you have the Holy Spirit in you if YOU (Garee) have had no outward or inward sign of Him manifesting in you? Do YOU (Garee) just “believe” you’re filled and then “poof” it must be so? Do YOU (Garee) just “say to yourself” “I am filled” and it is automatically so? How do YOU (Garee) know personally that you have the Holy Spirit if there is no sign or evidence of Him?
(By the way, all of these questions are obviously the same question…I’m just trying to be as clear as I possibly can)
Have a blesssd day.

Active
Really? Why does this story from the Bible seem to contradict your claim? These believers apparently were not fillled with the Spirit the moment they first believed. And we KNOW they were believers because that is what God’s Word calls them in every single translation.
“He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you BELIEVED?” And they said to him, “On the contrary, we have not even heard if there is a Holy Spirit.” And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” And they said, “Into John’s baptism.” Paul said, “John baptized with a baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:2-6

Active
re: "What is your angle here? What is it that you are attempting to get someone to say?"

Simply exactly what was the penalty that the Messiah paid that would otherwise have to be paid by us?

Christ did not pay any "penalty," that is not what atonement is about. Atonement is about providing a life for a life. Under the Old covenant, it was the life of an animal for the life of a believer; today it is the life of Christ for the life of a believer. Usually only calvinists talk about the cross as a penalty, but unless I am forgetting a passage, Scripture never talks about the cross as penalty, only as a sacrifice for sin.

Active
Someone talked about physical death being the result of Adam's sin, and thus it passed down to all of the human race as his descendants. This, however, is unbiblical. Adam and Eve were never created to be immortal, only their spirits were, just as with us today. Read what God said again...

Genesis 3:22
Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever--"

They were created as mortals, that is why God had to kick them out of the Garden of Eden before they partook of the Tree of Life and became immortal, forever caught in a sin nature that could never be changed.

Jim

Someone talked about physical death being the result of Adam's sin, and thus it passed down to all of the human race as his descendants. This, however, is unbiblical. Adam and Eve were never created to be immortal, only their spirits were, just as with us today. Read what God said again...

Genesis 3:22
Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever--"

They were created as mortals, that is why God had to kick them out of the Garden of Eden before they partook of the Tree of Life and became immortal, forever caught in a sin nature that could never be changed.
The attached amazing Scripture requires prayer and I’m still waiting for more understanding.
John.5 Verses 21 to 30

1. [21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
    [22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
    [23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
    [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
    [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
    [26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
    [27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
    [28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    [29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
    [30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Active
The attached amazing Scripture requires prayer and I’m still waiting for more understanding.
John.5 Verses 21 to 30

1. [21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
    [22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
    [23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
    [24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
    [25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
    [26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
    [27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
    [28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
    [29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
    [30] I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

OK...but what does it have to do with what was posted?

Active
Under the Old covenant, it was the life of an animal for the life of a believer;

For in the day that I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak to them or command them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. (Jeremiah 7:22 NRSV)

Rhema

Active
Really? Why does this story from the Bible seem to contradict your claim? These believers apparently were not fillled with the Spirit the moment they first believed. And we KNOW they were believers because that is what God’s Word calls them in every single translation.
“He said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you BELIEVED?” And they said to him, “On the contrary, we have not even heard if there is a Holy Spirit.” And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” And they said, “Into John’s baptism.” Paul said, “John baptized with a baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:2-6

Believing God is the work of the Holy Spirit the salvation of ones new born again soul ..Filled from the first moment.

The idea I made a sound it it helps to strengthen a person so they do not sin is s simply an oral tradition of men as a sign against them (1 Corinthians 14:21-22) They do do not believe sola scriptura, all things written in the Bible without any oral traditions of men added .

The tradition of making senseless sounds falling backward slain in the spirit in the end of the matter does despite to the grace of God. . Especially traditions that mock the tongue of God . God's understanding as prophecy .

1 Peter 1: 8-10 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

No sign was given (having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, Jesus did not give words without meaning.

If they did not not receive the Holy Spirt when they first believed then their faith was in vain .Belief generated by the Holy Spirit once saved forever .No weekly fill ups needed. Those disciples (John's) were baptized into the baptisms of John ceremonial as shadow of the eternal unseen true . Its what they were discussing in chapter 6 of John why was Jesus from the tribe of Judah welcoming those who had a desire to be part of a ceremony that again as "shadow (no substance) of that parable pointed to the unseen power of faith after the new order of priests men and woman from all the nations of the world at Pentecost according to the promise of Joel ..

Acts 2:15-17King James Version For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
.the old testament kingdom of priest the the new after Joesl in respect to Jesus from the tribe of Judah

Tongues is the prophecy of God spoken in all tongues as languages of all nations of the world .

Looking at the foundation as the law along with the prophecy or testimony of Joel . it would be hard to imagine how making senseless baby noises without understanding profits in reducing ones desire to sin .

The sign. . . Believing's receiving the end of our new born again faith the salvation of ones soul again from the beginning.

Spiritual gifts not seen yes .Gift that make Jesus into a circus seal no way, not today..

I would suggest you study the power of faith (the unseen) and How he works it in us. .Jesus sys its an evil generation (non converted mankind) that does seek after signs to wonder, wonder, wonder after .not coming to the end of their new faith the salvation of ones new born again soul especially in this generation of wondering

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

He did not say make a senseless noise and fall backward slain in the Spirit .