• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Will I go to hell

Active
No such thing as a sign gift. Spiritual gifts not seen yes.
God’s Word is not in agreement with you here my friend….. and neither are the words and testimonies of Jesus’ disciples, the Apostle Paul, and all those God used to heal, restore, reveal Himself to others through, and minister to through the miraculous gifts of the Spirit.

Loyal
No such thing as a sign gift.
Jesus speaks against you ...
And these signs shall follow them that have believed: in my name shall they cast out demons, speak with tongues; Mark 16:17
How does making a senseless sound
Praying in tongues [also in scripture as praying in the Holy Spirit] is not senseless and perfectly understood by God
For who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men, but to God; for no one heareth; but in spirit he speaks mysteries. 1Corinthians 14:2
falling back slain by the Spirit of God give you power over sin
One bad example of disorderly conduct by charismatics does not disqualify the gospel of salvation - Pentecost.
No one in my Church does the weird and bizarre that Americans are infamous for.
As to power over sin that is the entire purpose of praying in tongues.

Active
Jesus speaks against you ...
And these signs shall follow them that have believed: in my name shall they cast out demons, speak with tongues; Mark 16:17

Praying in tongues [also in scripture as praying in the Holy Spirit] is not senseless and perfectly understood by God
For who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men, but to God; for no one heareth; but in spirit he speaks mysteries. 1Corinthians 14:2

One bad example of disorderly conduct by charismatics does not disqualify the gospel of salvation - Pentecost.
No one in my Church does the weird and bizarre that Americans are infamous for.
As to power over sin that is the entire purpose of praying in tongues.

Again how does making a senseless sound not understood by the one who makes it. . but is perfectly understood by God prevent you from sin . . if it remains a mystery ? Is wondering the mystery that protects you from sinning?

It would appear you have not studied the foundation of the law or doctrine of tongues found in Isaiah 28 revisited in 1 Corinthians 14:21-22 .

Jesus over and over speak against the idea of sign gifts .( things seen that a person can perform ). I did it . It proves it.

Those who he warned not to seek after sign in a hope the sign can prove God is with them . . . must ignore the warnings (multiple).

The last sign was fulfilled by Jesus, the sign of Jonas . Sing are not for those who believe . Prophecy reveals as parables reveal the mysteries it doe s not supply more things to wonder after and claim that wondering empowers a person not to sin.

Believers follow prophecy like a Pentecost men from every tongue or nation heard the gospel and believed believing empowers a person not to sin .Not wonders

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Spiritual gifts not seen is what he sets his approval on .. .things of faith not what the eyes see but again that which he clearly reveals.

The verse or parable you offered above from Mark 16 proves the gifts are spiritual not seen . They follow after believing. . . prophecy .Not after seeing a sign . They are not a means to prove a person is with God .

Clearly in his name or power not the name of the one receiving the power of the gospel .

Those who did seek after signs they personally needed for themselves to wonder, wonder, wonder after proved what Christ revealed as law not subject to change .

To the law and the testimony if others speak not according to that word . The law of faith. "let there be" and the testimony "it was good "

Then if not according to that word (one) the Holy Spirt informs us their is no light of the gospel .They speak mysteries with out reason to wonder after or marvel after .

The law of faith

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

The testimony of the law (making jesu into a circuse seal ) .In effect saying. . . perform a miracle, make a senseless sound then after we see then we will commit faith

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? No sign was given

Study how the faith of Christ's labor of Love works in us .Start at the foundation of the doctrine (Isaiah 28) God's tongue prophecy reveals the mystery of faith its does not leave a person wondering .

Active
Jesus over and over speak against the idea of sign gifts .( things seen that a person can perform ). I did it . It proves it.
We must consider what God's Word says IN ITS ENTIRETY. Do you not see that Jesus LITERALLY commands His disciples to go out and DO THESE THINGS in His name?

Luke 9:1-2 "When Jesus had called the Twelve together, He gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick."

Matthew 10:1 "He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons."

Luke 10:1 "After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God is near you.’"

Mark 16:7-18 These SIGNS will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

John 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and GREATER WORKS than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

The Apostle Paul also understood the importance of the miraculous (sign) gifts in the church. He plainly said that tongues were a SIGN for both believers and unbelievers (depending on the kind of tongue). One of the final statements he makes on the matter of the "sign gifts" is:
"So, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues." - 1 Corinthians 14:39

How do you reconcile Paul's words here with what you are trying to say Garee?

Last edited:
Active
God’s Word is not in agreement with you here my friend….. and neither are the words and testimonies of Jesus’ disciples, the Apostle Paul, and all those God used to heal, restore, reveal Himself to others through, and minister to through the miraculous gifts of the Spirit.

Hi friend thanks for the reply.

I would offer first and foremost God is not served by corrupted, dying humans hands after the will of men . But does move men according to the good power of pleasure of His will. (Philippians 2) Some murmur other delight to do the will of God .Yoked with Christ their burden is made lighter .and are given a future hope beyond the grave. The power of the gospel

1 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

If we would accredit the unseen work of Christ's gospel giving it over to the flesh of men, then it would seem things get turned up side down , after the philosophies of men inspired from the earth . . . many gods in the likeness of mankind. . as many as the stars at night . And therefore not after the will of God. . the will with power to believe and strengthen. We pray His will be done. Not the will of many gods in the likeness of mankind.

Even though the heavens declare the glory of God its speaks not a word of His love or attributes. (dead witness.) . It reminded me of the golden ark of the covenant , gold representing the measure faith, the unseen used in the Bible . Moses was to place the Bible on the outside of the golden God's law as it is written revealed mystery inside the hidden mana, Aarons rod and the tablets . . not a philopshical theory of mankind ,again it as a living word revealed what was inside .

Deuteronomy 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

God knew that after Moses died they would chase after the philosophies of man . So the Spirit of Christ placed it there to be against us so that we do not do what the flesh would seek after . A lifetime work yoked with Christ .

We walk by the faith that comes from hearing the gospel as it is written . Not like the star gazers or wonderers which some were before the gospel was reveled according to

The gospel the power of one God not seen God is not a man and neither is there any fleshly infallible interpreter that stands between God bot seen and mankind seen

In many parables the abiltlty to walk as a metaphor is used to teach us how to walk by faith or understand what God's interpretation to us is saying to the churches .

Acts 14: 7 -14And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Nothing is attributed the hands of mankind .Like Paul stated in 1 Corinthians 4 .What do we have that we have not freely received and if we have why would we desire to venerated as a false god . Can't judge a book by its covering and more than the flesh .

Active
Hi friend thanks for the reply.

I would offer first and foremost God is not served by corrupted, dying humans hands after the will of men . But does move men according to the good power of pleasure of His will. (Philippians 2) Some murmur other delight to do the will of God .Yoked with Christ their burden is made lighter .and are given a future hope beyond the grave. The power of the gospel

1 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

If we would accredit the unseen work of Christ's gospel giving it over to the flesh of men, then it would seem things get turned up side down , after the philosophies of men inspired from the earth . . . many gods in the likeness of mankind. . as many as the stars at night . And therefore not after the will of God. . the will with power to believe and strengthen. We pray His will be done. Not the will of many gods in the likeness of mankind.

Even though the heavens declare the glory of God its speaks not a word of His love or attributes. (dead witness.) . It reminded me of the golden ark of the covenant , gold representing the measure faith, the unseen used in the Bible . Moses was to place the Bible on the outside of the golden God's law as it is written revealed mystery inside the hidden mana, Aarons rod and the tablets . . not a philopshical theory of mankind ,again it as a living word revealed what was inside .

Deuteronomy 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

God knew that after Moses died they would chase after the philosophies of man . So the Spirit of Christ placed it there to be against us so that we do not do what the flesh would seek after . A lifetime work yoked with Christ .

We walk by the faith that comes from hearing the gospel as it is written . Not like the star gazers or wonderers which some were before the gospel was reveled according to

The gospel the power of one God not seen God is not a man and neither is there any fleshly infallible interpreter that stands between God bot seen and mankind seen

In many parables the abiltlty to walk as a metaphor is used to teach us how to walk by faith or understand what God's interpretation to us is saying to the churches .

Acts 14: 7 -14And there they preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out,

Nothing is attributed the hands of mankind .Like Paul stated in 1 Corinthians 4 .What do we have that we have not freely received and if we have why would we desire to venerated as a false god . Can't judge a book by its covering and more than the flesh .
So, what point are you attempting to make? this seems like a bunch of random thoughts with little or no common thread. I never made the claim that these things could or should be attributed to men. I have always understood that it was God working through a called, anointed, willing, and obedient vessel. All for the glory of God!

First off, 1 Peter 1:20-21 says something completely different than what you quoted. I believe you meant 2 Peter. And that scripture only serves to absolutely CONFIRM the miraculous (sign) gifts of the SPIRIT through the testimony of eyewitnesses and partakers of them.

Secondly YOU are the one who made the claim above that there is "No such thing as a sign gift." That statement does not agree with God's Word....in fact it absolutely defies it....and I believe to make such a claim grieves the Holy Spirit. You have yet to give ANY biblical evidence that supports your statement. And you wont....because that claim is simply inaccurate and non-scriptural.

I'm praying that you simply misspoke or that it's simply a lack of knowledge or wisdom on your part....and that you don't actually believe that "there's no such thing as a sign gift."

Last edited:
Active
I wonder what the last several posts have to do with this topic - "Will I go to hell"?
I think we can all take some responsibility for railroading this post. Wasn't it you who kept repeatedly challenging another poster by asking "what penalty did Jesus bear on the cross...."?
What did that really have to do with the original post/question?

I think we can all take some responsibility for railroading this post. Wasn't it you who kept repeatedly challenging another poster by asking "what penalty did Jesus bear on the cross...."?
What did that really have to do with the original post/question?

Guilty as charged. I just thought bringing it up might get us back on topic.

Loyal
Again how does making a senseless sound not understood by the one who makes it. . but is perfectly understood by God prevent you from sin . . if it remains a mystery ? Is wondering the mystery that protects you from sinning?
You simply have no understanding of the baptism and infilling of the Holy Spirit within a disciple.
Read the epistles written to Spirit-filled Pentecostal Christians of the NT and you gain your answers.

Active
We must consider what God's Word says IN ITS ENTIRETY. Do you not see that Jesus LITERALLY commands His disciples to go out and DO THESE THINGS in His name?

Luke 9:1-2 "When Jesus had called the Twelve together, He gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick."

Matthew 10:1 "He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons."

Luke 10:1 "After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God is near you.’"

Mark 16:7-18 These SIGNS will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

John 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and GREATER WORKS than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

The Apostle Paul also understood the importance of the miraculous (sign) gifts in the church. He plainly said that tongues were a SIGN for both believers and unbelievers (depending on the kind of tongue). One of the final statements he makes on the matter of the "sign gifts" is:
"So, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues." - 1 Corinthians 14:39

How do you reconcile Paul's words here with what you are trying to say Garee?

Rather easy . . if you walk by faith .

Yes He gave them His power to do the will of God . They have no power living in bodies of dearth.

Speaking in the tongue of God is prophesying or declaring the will of God . it can be perfected through prophecy, God tongue it can cast out demons . Mankind cannot cast out demons or cause a physical healing God is not e served by the corrupted hands of men

You need to go to the foundation of law of Tongues (Isaiah 28) then the testimony (1 Corinthians 14) of those who mocked the spirit of judgment even after looking to the law .

Active
You simply have no understanding of the baptism and infilling of the Holy Spirit within a disciple.
Read the epistles written to Spirit-filled Pentecostal Christians of the NT and you gain your answers.

Still waiting for you to help me understand what kind of sin you prevent by making a senseless sound without meaning? The gift that proves you made a wondering noise .

I have read them spiritual gifts not seen yes .Sign gifts . .I did it it prove it,. . . . . no. way Jose

Read the foundation of the doctrine prophecy the tongue of god then you have a beginning (Isaiah 28 )

Loyal
Still waiting for you to help me understand what kind of sin you prevent by making a senseless sound without meaning?
You are not Pentecostal therefore you know nothing about the Spirit-filled church of believers and the gifts and work of the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ.

Active
You are not Pentecostal therefore you know nothing about the Spirit-filled church of believers and the gifts and work of the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ.

Spirit- filled? Its is not a phrase that is exclusive to those who say. I did it, it proves it , that they call Pentecostal. A time period spoken of in Isaiah 28 and also Joel .

All believers are filled with fullness of the Holy Spirit from the first moment God's tongue as prophecy empowers them to both reveal his will (not sounds without understanding) and empower us to perform it to his good pleasure . Not to the pleasure of wondering as in . . .Am I still full or do I need to make more noises without understanding.

Christians receive all we need form the o first work of His unseen Holy Spirt working in us. There is no evaporations of The Holy Spirit or some leaked out. .

1 Peter 1: 7-11 That the trial of your faith, (the unseen will of God) being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

The key to understanding a Spirit filled not nonsense filled .

The spiritual gifts as it is written = ye see him not, yet believing, No wondering making baby sounds needed no need to fall back slain in the Spirit of judgement.

You even refuse to look at the foundation of the teaching .as a law not subject to change . The drunks calling the prophets that brought the clear understanding of God's tongue to all the nations of the world .

I am still waiting for you to tell me why and how making a noise without understanding strengthens you to not sin? What kind of sin is prevented by making baby noises?

Isaiah 28: 11 So God will use this strange way of talking, and he will use other languages (with meaning) to speak to these people. In the past he spoke to them and said, “Here is a resting place. Let those who are tired come and rest. This is the place of peace.”
But they would not listen to him. So the Lord’s words (tongue) will be senseless sounds to them:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw.
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

When the people try to walk, they will fall backwards. They will be defeated, trapped, and captured.

The law (Isaiah 28) not subject to change repeated below.

1 Corithians 14: 21 In the law it is written,(Isaiah28.) With men of other tongues (nations ) and other lips ( understandable languages )will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues (prophecy) are for a sign, not to them that believe, (hear the understanding of God) but to them that believe not: but prophesying (tongues) serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

It does not get any clearer brother Waggle believers are filled once with the Holy Spirit .he does the filling .making baby noises serves another kind of filling .

Seriously it sounds like a Spirit - lacking church One that keeps running out of wondering power and needs a refill of. . I did it , it proves it again and again

Jesus say they have received their reward of false pride .Spiritual gifts are unseen gifts of the Spirit not a work of man .

Active
Spirit- filled? Its is not a phrase that is exclusive to those who say. I did it, it proves it , that they call Pentecostal. A time period spoken of in Isaiah 28 and also Joel .

All believers are filled with fullness of the Holy Spirit from the first moment God's tongue as prophecy empowers them to both reveal his will (not sounds without understanding) and empower us to perform it to his good pleasure . Not to the pleasure of wondering as in . . .Am I still full or do I need to make more noises without understanding.

Christians receive all we need form the o first work of His unseen Holy Spirt working in us. There is no evaporations of The Holy Spirit or some leaked out. .

1 Peter 1: 7-11 That the trial of your faith, (the unseen will of God) being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

The key to understanding a Spirit filled not nonsense filled .

The spiritual gifts as it is written = ye see him not, yet believing, No wondering making baby sounds needed no need to fall back slain in the Spirit of judgement.

You even refuse to look at the foundation of the teaching .as a law not subject to change . The drunks calling the prophets that brought the clear understanding of God's tongue to all the nations of the world .

I am still waiting for you to tell me why and how making a noise without understanding strengthens you to not sin? What kind of sin is prevented by making baby noises?

Isaiah 28: 11 So God will use this strange way of talking, and he will use other languages (with meaning) to speak to these people. In the past he spoke to them and said, “Here is a resting place. Let those who are tired come and rest. This is the place of peace.”
But they would not listen to him. So the Lord’s words (tongue) will be senseless sounds to them:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw.
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

When the people try to walk, they will fall backwards. They will be defeated, trapped, and captured.

The law (Isaiah 28) not subject to change repeated below.

1 Corithians 14: 21 In the law it is written,(Isaiah28.) With men of other tongues (nations ) and other lips ( understandable languages )will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues (prophecy) are for a sign, not to them that believe, (hear the understanding of God) but to them that believe not: but prophesying (tongues) serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

It does not get any clearer brother Waggle believers are filled once with the Holy Spirit .he does the filling .making baby noises serves another kind of filling .

Seriously it sounds like a Spirit - lacking church One that keeps running out of wondering power and needs a refill of. . I did it , it proves it again and again

Jesus say they have received their reward of false pride .Spiritual gifts are unseen gifts of the Spirit not a work of man .
What is your evidence that YOU have been filled with the Holy Spirit?

Active
What is your evidence that YOU have been filled with the Holy Spirit?

Pertaining to the prophecy or tongue of God as it is written.? We receive the end from the beginning. He doss not give us a remnant of salvation and say make a noise fall backward once a week keep the Holy Spirit tank filled

I believe prophecy (sola scriptura) is the tongue of God . I also believe he is not adding to the perfect. There are no laws mising by which we could know him more intimately

The last book is still Revelation . And not a continuation of some senseless sounds

Filled with the Spirit is one of the Pencostals click, you're in, phrases that they think separates them, empowering them to not sin different from those powerless ones lacking the fulness of grace (filling of the Holy Spirit ) who do not make noises without meaning .. I did it, it proves it .

It no more proves a person has the Holy Spirt that a person carrying or reading a Bible where a cross or having a Tattoo .(Look at me)

His Spirit is who we cry out out to Papa. Holy father . with words of understanding. Giving us a desire to do the will of another . Can't do the will if the words dont give clear direction . Even the demons responds to the fullness of the Spirit . ( all or Zero ) No remnants)

Just ask a Pentecostal ( sign and wonder lover) what it means to be full of a Spirit . Can they see a spirit . if you follow their line of logic as evidence it is non sense . Make a noise without value and make the claim it prevents a person from not sinning ?

I am guessing that most Pentecostals have no idea what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit by observing the out come of their action .
I think it could make a good game. . Make a noise, guess what I am saying . Whoever gets the closest their ability to sin less is increased .

Active
Pertaining to the prophecy or tongue of God as it is written.? We receive the end from the beginning. He doss not give us a remnant of salvation and say make a noise fall backward once a week keep the Holy Spirit tank filled

I believe prophecy (sola scriptura) is the tongue of God . I also believe he is not adding to the perfect. There are no laws mising by which we could know him more intimately

The last book is still Revelation . And not a continuation of some senseless sounds

Filled with the Spirit is one of the Pencostals click, you're in, phrases that they think separates them, empowering them to not sin different from those powerless ones lacking the fulness of grace (filling of the Holy Spirit ) who do not make noises without meaning .. I did it, it proves it .

It no more proves a person has the Holy Spirt that a person carrying or reading a Bible where a cross or having a Tattoo .(Look at me)

His Spirit is who we cry out out to Papa. Holy father . with words of understanding. Giving us a desire to do the will of another . Can't do the will if the words dont give clear direction . Even the demons responds to the fullness of the Spirit . ( all or Zero ) No remnants)

Just ask a Pentecostal ( sign and wonder lover) what it means to be full of a Spirit . Can they see a spirit . if you follow their line of logic as evidence it is non sense . Make a noise without value and make the claim it prevents a person from not sinning ?

I am guessing that most Pentecostals have no idea what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit by observing the out come of their action .
I think it could make a good game. . Make a noise, guess what I am saying . Whoever gets the closest their ability to sin less is increased .
I didn’t ask for a dissertation on how you think various denominations handle Holy Spirit indwelling/baptism. I asked, “How do YOU…..Garee….KNOW that you are filled with the Holy Spirit?

I mean, if you do indeed claim to have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you…surely there must be some outward or inward sign of it….some evidence that allows you to reconcile it in your own mind.
So….once again….I’d like to ask, “Garee, what SPECIFIC EVIDENCE do you have….to prove to yourself….that you have been filled with the Holy Spirit?
Or if you don’t like the phrase “filled with” (even though it’s biblical, not Pentecostal) How do you know that you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you?

Or perhaps you believe a man can be saved without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

I didn’t ask for a dissertation on how you think various denominations handle Holy Spirit indwelling/baptism. I asked, “How do YOU…..Garee….KNOW that you are filled with the Holy Spirit?

I mean, if you do indeed claim to have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you…surely there must be some outward or inward sign of it….some evidence that allows you to reconcile it in your own mind.
So….once again….I’d like to ask, “Garee, what SPECIFIC EVIDENCE do you have….to prove to yourself….that you have been filled with the Holy Spirit?
Or if you don’t like the phrase “filled with” (even though it’s biblical, not Pentecostal) How do you know that you have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you?

Or perhaps you believe a man can be saved without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
From what I understand and believe, Paul (taught by Christ to be THE Apostle for you and I ) states that the INSTANT you believe The Gospel for this Age of Grace you ARE saved and sealed/indwelled with The Holy Spirit.....You may not feel any different, you WILL sin again but you are now saved 1 Cor 15:1-4...That is THE GOSPEL for THIS AGE of Grace....If any teach a different Gospel then Christ has a dire warning to them Gal 1:8

Active

The witness of faith (the unseen power of God) is always inward. Christ in us . Spiritual gift are always eternal spiritual not seen .

Outward gifts gifts men seen are the temporal .They have their reward of false pride . Look at me (show and tell) I did it.

Matthew 6 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: ..

That they may have glory of men

Learn what it means to walk by faith as that not of your own . (I did it, it proves it )

Even Jesus our brother in the lord gave glory to the unseen father. He refused to stand in the place of faith God's glory

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Specific evidence is the sign a person has a new desire to do the will . The will is not make a baby sound and fall backward slain in the Spirit .(a mocking the Spirit of judgement of God)

And I do like the doctrine of spirit filled . All believers receive the end of their new born again faith as the salvation of their soul from the beginning are filled with the Holy Spirit from the moment they believe. .

1 Peter 1:8-9 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

There is no need to top off with sense sounds "abotibweale or filler up with; "I was slain in the Spirit".

Just simply believe the tongue of God prophecy (gospel) as he makes it possible.

Don't turn God into a circus seal .Perform a miracle then a person will commit faith.

To the law or foundation of a doctrine and its testimony if men speak according to that one word then we can be sure there is no light in their path

To the law. .
John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

To the witness

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?