• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Will I go to hell

Active
Someone used the following verse in futile effort...

Philippians 1: 5-6 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Taking context into consideration, like we are supposed to do, verse six has nothing to do with salvation; it has to do with the good works that the Philippians were doing in sending Paul aid while he was in prison. When we ignore the context of verses and passages, we pervert them and twist them around to make them say what the author did not say.

Hope that helps...

[QUOTE="complete,

The penalty of sin is 'death', the physical death of the whole man ( ie., the living soul). 'The soul that sinneth it shall surely die' (Ezekiel 18:4 & 20).
[/QUOTE]

But everyone experiences physical death as did the Messiah. So, I ask again, what exactly was the penalty that the Messiah bore that would otherwise have to be borne by us?

Consider this. Jesus never sinned. He faced God's wrath for 3 days.
How many times have you sinned? If the penalty every sin, was say 3 days, how many days would you be in the wrath of God?

So, then He didn't experience the same penalty that would otherwise have to be experienced by us?

Active
I had a spiritual rebirth I prey for forgiveness have been baptised and now read god’s word everyday and practice spirutal ways
If you've had a Spiritual re-birth (been Born again of the Holy Spirit) then WHY are you concerned about going to HELL??? WHat church are you attending?? and if no church, why not???

Active
If you've had a Spiritual re-birth (been Born again of the Holy Spirit) then WHY are you concerned about going to HELL??? WHat church are you attending?? and if no church, why not???

Since the doctrine of eternal security is false, we should all do as the NT tells us to do and be wary of falling away from Christ. The fact that a person has been born again means absolutely NOTHING if that person is not spending time with God in prayer, thus coming to know Him. Getting saved is from sin, not hell, and it is only for one specific purpose as Scripture teaches. One can get saved and still end up in hell if he fails to build a personal relationship with God, just like those in Matthew 7:21-23 did.

Blessings

Active
Someone used the following verse in futile effort...

Philippians 1: 5-6 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Taking context into consideration, like we are supposed to do, verse six has nothing to do with salvation; it has to do with the good works that the Philippians were doing in sending Paul aid while he was in prison. When we ignore the context of verses and passages, we pervert them and twist them around to make them say what the author did not say.

Hope that helps...

Christ sent Paul as a labor of Christ love having received the end of his salvation from the beginning. not the Philippians they did not sent Paul they were also sent .Sends them out two by two .

Active
But everyone experiences physical death as did the Messiah. So, I ask again, what exactly was the penalty that the Messiah bore that would otherwise have to be borne by us?
Atonement.

Atonement must be made for sin to stay God's hand of wrath. God hates sin and this has always been the case.

Are you familiar with how atonement was made for sin in the Old Testament......under the Law? It was through a sacrifice, offered up once a year by the high priest on the Day of Atonement. Blood from this sacrifice was sprinkled upon the Mercy Seat of God (which was atop the ark of the Covenant) and the sins of the people were "rolled back" for another year.
Well Christ (God Himself robed in flesh) ushered in a new dispensation....one of Grace. He became that sacrifice for OUR sin. The only perfect sacrifice. The only sacrifice that could have covered all man's sin. The only sacrifice that would have pleasing to God. The cross became our "mercy seat".

"He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand." - Isaiah 53: 3-10

Active
Atonement.

Atonement must be made for sin to stay God's hand of wrath. God hates sin and this has always been the case.

Are you familiar with how atonement was made for sin in the Old Testament......under the Law? It was through a sacrifice, offered up once a year by the high priest on the Day of Atonement. Blood from this sacrifice was sprinkled upon the Mercy Seat of God (which was atop the ark of the Covenant) and the sins of the people were "rolled back" for another year.
Well Christ (God Himself robed in flesh) ushered in a new dispensation....one of Grace. He became that sacrifice for OUR sin. The only perfect sacrifice. The only sacrifice that could have covered all man's sin. The only sacrifice that would have pleasing to God. The cross became our "mercy seat".

"He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
and as one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he has borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows;
yet we esteemed him stricken,
smitten by God, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his wounds we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent,
so he opened not his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
And they made his grave with the wicked
and with a rich man in his death,
although he had done no violence,
and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand." - Isaiah 53: 3-10

Ceremonial laws have no power to forgive sin .They point as a shadow to that which can

Atonement for sin in the Old testament was applied by faith (trusting the word of God ) in the old testament just as well as in the new.

They used various ceremonial laws as shadows of sufferings of Christ beforehand as given in the verse you offered The ceremonial laws as shadows (no substances) did not literally take away the sin but were rather used to point to the glory of the work .The opening of the ressurection Isaiah 53: 3-10 gates or rapture gate by which the old testament saints entered the promised new Jerusalem prepared as the bride of Christ the church.

In that way the grace of God worked in them looking to the time . . us also receiving the end of our new born aging faith from the beginning the salvation of our soul . . the glory of God . I Peter 1:9-11 sums it up beautifully in the parable below

1 Peter 1:9-11 9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Active
Ceremonial laws have no power to forgive sin .They point as a shadow to that which can

Atonement for sin in the Old testament was applied by faith (trusting the word of God ) in the old testament just as well as in the new.

They used various ceremonial laws as shadows of sufferings of Christ beforehand as given in the verse you offered The ceremonial laws as shadows (no substances) did not literally take away the sin but were rather used to point to the glory of the work .The opening of the ressurection Isaiah 53: 3-10 gates or rapture gate by which the old testament saints entered the promised new Jerusalem prepared as the bride of Christ the church.

In that way the grace of God worked in them looking to the time . . us also receiving the end of our new born aging faith from the beginning the salvation of our soul . . the glory of God . I Peter 1:9-11 sums it up beautifully in the parable below

1 Peter 1:9-11 9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Sir, I don’t think anyone is claiming that ceremonial law has the power to forgive sin.
And I must correct you, but atonement for sin was applied by BLOOD….both under the Law and in the New Testament. Only blood could atone for sin! Blood of sacrificial offerings at the tabernacle in the OT and now the blood of Jesus under the New Covenant!
“Nothing but the blood….” my friend!

Active
What atonement did the Messiah bear that would otherwise have to be borne by us?
Guilt, shame, and in that moment…the pain (physical, emotional, spiritual) of separation from God’s goodness and glory.
What were the last recorded words uttered by the Messiah on the cross?—Matthew 27:46

What is your angle here? What is it that you are attempting to get someone to say? Or are you simply not seeing the significance of what occurred on the cross that day and of what subsequently and miraculously happened in the days following?

I think perhaps you should read more on the “imputation of sin” and how, in that moment Jesus took on the sin of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21). He didn’t do anything we could have done on the cross. He didn’t ultimately suffer what we would have suffered, if that’s what you’re getting at. He became the propitiation….the sacrifice so that we wouldn’t have to suffer eternal separation. His was the only sacrifice that could accomplish this. The spotless lamb of God.

Active
Sir, I don’t think anyone is claiming that ceremonial law has the power to forgive sin.
And I must correct you, but atonement for sin was applied by BLOOD….both under the Law and in the New Testament. Only blood could atone for sin! Blood of sacrificial offerings at the tabernacle in the OT and now the blood of Jesus under the New Covenant!
“Nothing but the blood….” my friend!

Yes blood like water both represent the unseen work of the Holy Spirit. . God is not an man he has no corrupted flesh and blood

While the life of the flesh is in the blood, that life is spirit not literal blood .Blood literally must be poured out so that it can return to the field of Clay we it was formed from .It shows spirit life was given in jeopardy of one own spirit life (Holy Spirit) .

We will receive new bodies not made after the corrupted rudiments of this world .

The parable reads

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: (not literal blood) and I have given it (spirit) to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.. . (in ceremonies as a shadow of the unseen )

James 2: 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works (of the spirit) is dead also.

What is your angle here? What is it that you are attempting to get someone to say?

He didn’t ultimately suffer what we would have suffered, if that’s what you’re getting at.

re: "What is your angle here? What is it that you are attempting to get someone to say?"

Simply exactly what was the penalty that the Messiah paid that would otherwise have to be paid by us?

re: "He didn’t ultimately suffer what we would have suffered, if that’s what you’re getting at."

But complete seemed to be saying that it was.

Active
Yes blood like water both represent the unseen work of the Holy Spirit. . God is not an man he has no corrupted flesh and blood

While the life of the flesh is in the blood, that life is spirit not literal blood .Blood literally must be poured out so that it can return to the field of Clay we it was formed from .It shows spirit life was given in jeopardy of one own spirit life (Holy Spirit) .

We will receive new bodies not made after the corrupted rudiments of this world .

The parable reads

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: (not literal blood) and I have given it (spirit) to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.. . (in ceremonies as a shadow of the unseen )

James 2: 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works (of the spirit) is dead also.
Jesus was God incarnate....and yes, He did have blood.
And as most interactions with you on here seem to become fruitless for some reason, I will bid you good day and God bless sir!

Active
re: "What is your angle here? What is it that you are attempting to get someone to say?"

Simply exactly what was the penalty that the Messiah paid that would otherwise have to be paid by us?

re: "He didn’t ultimately suffer what we would have suffered, if that’s what you’re getting at."

Sigh. Okay, I'm not sure if your motives are sincere or not, but I'm going to try this one more time and then I'm just going to stop and pray that your eyes may be opened and that the Holy Spirit may urge you towards deeper truth.

Alright, let's begin.....Who said or where does it say he paid the PENALTY? As in He took the punishment? We know (because God's Word tells us) that the wages of sin is death....not physical death....but eternal, spiritual death. Eternal separation from God's glory. We KNOW that Jesus was not separated eternally from God, because He and the Father are one.

What Jesus DID do was make a WAY for born-again believers to avoid that eternal death....by becoming THE WAY in which God reconciled sinful humanity to Himself. There was a PRICE to be paid for forgiveness of sin, as there has always been a price....a trade-off if you will.
Jesus Christ paid that PRICE through His physical, mental, and spiritual suffering and through His earthly/fleshly death.

I think you are trying to equate a PRICE or "SACRIFICE" with a PENALTY and the two are not mutually exclusive. You can pay a price without paying a penalty. Jesus' blood, and only Jesus' blood was enough to cover that cost. He was the only "spotless lamb" whose blood would suffice. It was the PRICE which had to be paid to free the world FROM the penalty of sin. The Messiah (his body and blood) became the only "bridge" over sin and death that can bring us back to a right relationship with God. He did not "bear the punishment" or "pay the penalty" intended for us as you keep putting it. He offered himself up as trade for our sin.

And it IS complete. Complete payment was made.,,,,,,atonement was made..... for any and all who come to that bridge or that gate and accept His offer.

Active

Oh....hahaha....you were talking about "complete" as in the member/poster. Sorry I didn't catch that! :D
I NOW see where youre going with this....

I think she was just repeating "church talk"....a phrase that has been repeated in churches for many, many years. It's just an "incomplete" or "unclear" picture of what Jesus actually did on the cross....maybe worded that way at some point by ministers for emotional effect. I don't know.
But yes, to say "He took my place by dying on the cross" is not substantially correct.. I believe that "complete" probably DOES understand what Jesus did on the cross and what was accomplished that day. Like I said.....it's sad, but I believe people just sometimes get caught up repeating "church rhetoric"....even stuff that isn't biblical

Active
Jesus was God incarnate....and yes, He did have blood.
And as most interactions with you on here seem to become fruitless for some reason, I will bid you good day and God bless sir!

Not a salvation issue .

Either blood or water, or water and blood equal the work of the Holy Spirit . The doctrines of God that do fall like rain.( Deuteronomy 32:2 ) indicating to us words inspired from heaven and not earthly inspired of the devil .By it we try the spirits to see if of God not seen or mankind seen

God is not a man . Spirit life is in the blood but never becomes literal blood without a spirt . What some might call fictional ZOMBIES. The body without the spirit is clearly dead , corrupted, it returns to the clay field of creation.

The unbelieving Jews in 1 Samuel 8 testify to that they denied having to serve a God not seen , they demanded having kings rule over them like al the pagans religions of the world. The abomination of desolation making desolate the work of the unseen Holy Spirit who does work in the heart of Christians to both reveal his will and empower them yoked with them to perform it . God gave them over to that abomination till the time of reformation .The government of God was then restored to the period of Judges apostles like Samael sent with prophecy the gospel . God reigns from heaven in temples not made with human hands

A good example shown in the parable below a companion parable to John 6 (drink blood) The Holy Spirt pouring out is Spirit in jeopardy of his own spirt life.

Literal blood like literal water must be poured out to show spirit life was freely given to the believers

Therefore the metaphor drink blood in those parables represents the holy pouring out his Spirit life in jeopardy of his own powerful Spirit as the King of peace

The gospel as a parable below

Note . . . Water equals Holy Spirit and Blood equals the same Spirit of faith

2 Samauel 23: 15 -17 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate! And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord.
And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.

A picture of the gospel .The Holy Spirit pouring out his Spirit life in jeopardy of his own Holy Spirit . David refused to stand in the place the a abomination of desolation . You could say in the same way as the Son of man he poured out his heart when accused of Good Master ,humbling himself he gave the glory to God not seen ..

Mark 10 17-18 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

God is not a man as us.

Active
Not a salvation issue .

Either blood or water, or water and blood equal the work of the Holy Spirit . The doctrines of God that do fall like rain.( Deuteronomy 32:2 ) indicating to us words inspired from heaven and not earthly inspired of the devil .By it we try the spirits to see if of God not seen or mankind seen

God is not a man . Spirit life is in the blood but never becomes literal blood without a spirt . What some might call fictional ZOMBIES. The body without the spirit is clearly dead , corrupted, it returns to the clay field of creation.

The unbelieving Jews in 1 Samuel 8 testify to that they denied having to serve a God not seen , they demanded having kings rule over them like al the pagans religions of the world. The abomination of desolation making desolate the work of the unseen Holy Spirit who does work in the heart of Christians to both reveal his will and empower them yoked with them to perform it . God gave them over to that abomination till the time of reformation .The government of God was then restored to the period of Judges apostles like Samael sent with prophecy the gospel . God reigns from heaven in temples not made with human hands

A good example shown in the parable below a companion parable to John 6 (drink blood) The Holy Spirt pouring out is Spirit in jeopardy of his own spirt life.

Literal blood like literal water must be poured out to show spirit life was freely given to the believers

Therefore the metaphor drink blood in those parables represents the holy pouring out his Spirit life in jeopardy of his own powerful Spirit as the King of peace

The gospel as a parable below

Note . . . Water equals Holy Spirit and Blood equals the same Spirit of faith

2 Samauel 23: 15 -17 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate! And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the Lord.
And he said, Be it far from me, O Lord, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.

A picture of the gospel .The Holy Spirit pouring out his Spirit life in jeopardy of his own Holy Spirit . David refused to stand in the place the a abomination of desolation . You could say in the same way as the Son of man he poured out his heart when accused of Good Master ,humbling himself he gave the glory to God not seen ..

Mark 10 17-18 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

God is not a man as us.
Okay. Thank you for your response sir. Blessings to you!

Before I gave myself to god in 2012 I was a terrible person I used a lady I was with for unmarried sex she didn’t know I was also visiting brothels and drinking and smoking I have stopped all this years ago but I think I may go to hell please some guidance would help

Greetings
only people make things harder for themself, everyone have time, true love and forgiveness conquers all
This is what Lord say to everyone

Zechariah 1:3 (NKJV) Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Return to Me," says the LORD of hosts, "and I will return to you," says the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 3:6-7 "For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
Yet from the days of your fathers, You have gone away from My ordinances And have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you," Says the LORD of hosts. "But you said, 'In what way shall we return?'

1 John 3:18-23 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
And by this, we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him.
if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart and knows all things.
Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence in God.
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.
And this is His commandment: that we should believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Read Psalm 51:1-19

Active
This is the testimony of most Christians:
Before life in Christ Jesus many sins and much wrongdoing;
Then believing the gospel and becoming repentant;
Water baptism by full immersion to bury the old person and to be forgiven past sins;
Life afterwards - walking in the light desiring to be right with God and forsaking the lusts of the flesh.

Hopefully you are aware of Pentecostal churches where you can also be baptized in the Holy Spirit and pray in tongues
praying in the Spirit is of great power and the Spirit of God will help you to overcome sinful desires that conflict with the right way of living for God.

No such thing as a sign gift. Spiritual gifts not seen yes. Gifts of faith Christ's labor of love they work in the believer (Philippians 2:13-13)

Jesus informs us that its a evil generation the seeks after signs and wonders a false gospe this is before they will believe or trust God .

Great lying power that make a person wonder?

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

How does making a senseless sound and falling back slain by the Spirit of God give you power over sin ? ? What kind of sin does it give you power over?