• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why Christians Don't Pray to Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Christians Don't Pray to Jesus:

I am writing this discourse to the Christians who claim Jesus as their Lord and Master, but will not pray to him as their God. Instead, they direct their prayers to another being they call God. They say that since Jesus prayed to him, so do they. But they are wrong. And I will prove it to you. Jesus was talking about himself when he mentioned the Father.

See, God is a single person like us. (Deut. 6:4) (Mark 12:32) James 2:19 states it like this: "You believe that God is one person. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." This has to be true because this is the way he appeared on earth that Christmas day in his incarnation as Emmanuel or "the God who is now with us." And this is the way as ascended to heaven 40 days later. And too, we are made in his image, and we are single persons. Let's say it like this. If a child saw 2-3 men all claiming to be his dad, he would be confused, and so would you. This means that the Trinity is not in God dividing himself into 2 or 3 parts. The Trinity is in the way he speaks about himself when he speaks to us.

So when Jesus says the "Father sent me", or "I go to the Father," he is speaking of himself by his other name. You see this very plainly in John 5 and other Scriptures. Read it for yourself and you will see what I mean! And when he says "In my Fathers house" in John 14 he is speaking of himself, too. Only in the third person. In fact, every tine he mentions the Father he is talking about himself by his other name. The same is true when he speaks of the Holy Spirit.

And too , they completely forgot what Paul said to the Corinthian Christians in 2 Corinthians 11:2: "For I am jealous for you with the jealousy for God himself. I promised you as a pure bride to one husband, Christ. That is to say, what bride is married to one husband while praying to another. Even the Civil authorities will not permit such a thing.

Then without doubt, they do not believe what John 1:1 says about Jesus: "In the beginning was Jesus … and he was God." And they surely do not believe the words Thomas spoke about Jesus in the Upper Room: "My Lord and my God."

And for sure they don't believe what Paul said of Jesus in Titus 2:13: "... while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

So before I go on, let me say this: Any God other than Jesus is a false God!

See, Jesus as YHWH God proclaimed himself as the only Savior in Isaiah 45:21-23. "Consult together, argue your case," he said, ". … and state your case that I am not the only true God. … For there is no other God but me, a just God and your only Savior, no not one." And this was long before modern scholars messed thing up by inventing the idea that there is another God besides Jesus. I bet this would upset even the patriot Abraham.

That is to say, the idea of more than one being as God was an Abomination to the prophets of old, and a horrible offense to God himself. And it should be an offense to us. Paul says it like this in Galatians 4:8-9: "Before you Gentiles knew Jesus, you were slaves to so-called gods that are no gods at all. So now that you know Jesus, why do you want to go back again and become slaves to the weak and useless powers of this evil world. "Now we can finally understand what Jesus meant when he said in Matthew 24:15 that the time would come when we would see this Abomination that causes Desolation proclaimed openly in the Church, causing much distress and tribulation, and that we should run away from it. Jesus concludes by saying that unless that time of trouble is cut short, not a single person would be saved.

Jesus continues his dialogue in Isaiah 45, verse 22, by saying: "Let all the world look to me for salvation." And this is is especially true for us today. But then he adds in verse 23: "I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bow to me, and every tongue will confess that I am the only God."

Then to summarize and to say it more plainly so we can understand, Jesus is the Father (John10:30, John14:10). And he is also the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 4:17). In other words, you don't have to say "in the name of Jesus" because God is Jesus. So just say thank you Jesus, and that will be fine!

So who did Jesus pray to?." See, God was God long before he made the angels, man, or any other creature. This means that since there was no one else for God to talk to, God counseled with himself, or as we might say, he talked among himself. (Isaiah 40:14, Job 15:8, Ephesians 1: 11) How long this had been going on I don't know. Only the endless ages of the past can shed light on this.

So when Jesus prayed to the Father in the Garden, this was a continuation of the conversation God has had with himself from eternity. We should understand this because we as people made in his image do this all the time. We say to ourselves "should I go or should I do this" and we answer "yes you should."

To put it in plain English then, God as Jesus asks himself as the Father, "Are you willing for me to do die for these people?" And God as the Father says to God as Jesus, "Yes, I am." And God as Jesus consents and goes to the cross in our place. And as I said, only God as Jesus, being a man too, says it out loud in the form of a prayer. This teaches us that we too should pray in times of stress.

OH I wish we could understand!

What God is doing is talking about himself in a way that reveals (John 17:6) his other 2 names to us so we can get to know him better. This is where most Christians go wrong. They think he is talking about someone else, someone bigger than him, or someone greater than him. But as you can see, he is not.

Remember when Phillip asked Jesus to show him the Father? (John 14) Jesus replied: "Have I been with you all this time, Phillip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. The Father and I are the same person: Translated: the Father is my other name.

Let's say it like this. We are so steeped in the traditions of human logic we have been taught over the years that we try to maintain it at all coast, even in the face of the plain teachings of the Scriptures. And we say, "I hope God will understand." And this is especially true if most of our Christian preachers, and Christian friends and people we know share the same views. This means that most Christians share this false belief, too.

See, Jesus through me is revealing to you some not so well known facts about himself that you have not heard before! And I do hope that you will take them to heart!

We must remember that God as Jesus promised to come to earth and save us from our sins back in the days of Isaiah the prophet. Jesus says through the prophet in Isaiah 35:4-7: "Say to those with fearful hearts, 'Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies (sin, and Satan and his demons). He is coming to save you. And when he comes, he will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf. The lame will leap like a dear, and those who cannot speak will sing with joy.'" This verse alone is unmistakable proof that the writer is speaking of God as Jesus and the work that he will do as our Savior.

And to clinch it all the prophet said in Isaiah 9:6-7: "For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And his name shall be Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, the Mighty God." Did you get that? The name of this child that was born to us is the Mighty God. Read it for yourself if you dare! And then to conclude this dialogue the prophet says, "His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his father David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord God will make this happen."

So I will conclude with the words of God as Jesus in Revelation 16, 20: "I Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to his throne. I am the bright morning star. … Yes, I am coming soon!"

Stay safe!

Rev. Autrey

Last edited:
Loyal
You seem to have it turned around a bit. God is the Father,/ Jesus Christ is His Son /and there is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ Is God incarnate -- but they Are separate parts of the Trinity / Godhead. After Jesus Christ died on the cross for / with our sins, He was buried and then rose again bodily from the dead on the 3rd day and Then after 40 days ascended back up to heaven to be seated at the right hand of God , the Father.

Your sentence starting with "Remember when Philip....." I and My Father are One" -- in other words Jesus Christ was deity, not just a good teacher of that day. But Jesus Christ is the 2nd part of the Godhead / Trinity // Jesus Christ is the Son of God / 2nd part of the trinity. And it could be that we are saying the same thing but in different ways.

Loyal
You seem to have it turned around a bit. God is the Father,/ Jesus Christ is His Son /and there is the Holy Spirit.

From what I can tell, Rev Autrey is a modalist. In modalist theology God is only one being, not three. However he changes "alter-egos" from time to time.
This god is a little like Dr Jekyll and My Hyde. He changes from one being into another. Sometimes he is the father, and sometimes he is the son.
Some believe he can exist as both for very short periods of time.

In this theology, there really isn't a trinity in the sense that God is three separate beings. Rather he is three separate incarnations of the same being.

Loyal
Sounds like you're right. And sounds even more confusing than the belief In the Godhead. That wouldn't leave room for the Holy Spirit , would it?

Active
Sounds like you're right. And sounds even more confusing than the belief In the Godhead. That wouldn't leave room for the Holy Spirit , would it?

Honestly, I find it hard to believe how someone can say they are Christians, if they do not believe in the Trinity.

This satanic doctrine even got into some pentecostal churches. It is sad.

Loyal
Because of the trinity -- And the cross -- Jesus Christ Is our mediator between God and 'us'.

What are you referring to as a 'satanic doctrine"?

I'm concerned that you took my comment out of it's intended context. The doctrine / teaching / of the Godhead is Scriptural -- God the Father / Jesus Christ His Son/ and the Holy Spirit. There Are those who believe that God and Jesus Christ are indeed one entity.

There Are those who don't know about the trinity -- but it's still working in their lives to provide their salvation. But - to deny the truth Of the trinity -- That would be a problem. A person Does need to believe in their heart that Jesus Christ Is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for our sins, that He was buried and that He rose again bodily the 3rd day.

Jesus Christ Is God incarnate // meaning - in the flesh. And That part Can be confusing. But it's one of those Facts that Is True . Not necessary to Understand as is it to Accept it.

Loyal

I'm concerned that you took my comment out of it's intended context. The doctrine / teaching / of the Godhead is Scriptural -- God the Father / Jesus Christ His Son/ and the Holy Spirit. There Are those who believe that God and Jesus Christ are indeed one entity.

I believe Kitty is agreeing with you here. She wasn't saying your doctrine is wrong, she was saying Autrey's doctrine of no-trinity is wrong.

Loyal
Oh, okay -- because there Is a satanic trinity -- satan / the beast/ and the false prophet. -- to clarify :)

Active
Because of the trinity -- And the cross -- Jesus Christ Is our mediator between God and 'us'.

There Are those who don't know about the trinity -- but it's still working in their lives to provide their salvation. But - to deny the truth Of the trinity -- That would be a problem. A person Does need to believe in their heart that Jesus Christ Is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for our sins, that He was buried and that He rose again bodily the 3rd day.

Jesus Christ Is God incarnate // meaning - in the flesh. And That part Can be confusing. But it's one of those Facts that Is True . Not necessary to Understand as is it to Accept it.

I was referring to Rev Autrey's post. He seems to be one of those oneness people. They are in a cult.

Trust me. They do understand it. They even call us pagans for believing in the trinity. I do not think you met any of those people.

Those who do not believe in the trinity are not my brothers or sisters. I honestly do not care much about cults, but I hate how they gave the Pentecostal movement a bad name. Also, their tongue theology is required for salvation so as far as I'm concern it is a different gospel they believe. It is all based on work for these cults.

Active
I am writing this discourse to the Christians who claim Jesus as their Lord and Master, but will not pray to him as their God. Instead, they direct their prayers to another being they call God.

If you think I was overreacting, then just read his first line.

Loyal
I don't think anyone disagrees that Jesus is God. It seems even Autrey agrees on that point.

But the Father is also God.

John 6:27; "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal."

John 20:17; Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

Rom 1:7; to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 15:6; so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Cor 1:3; Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Cor 8:6; yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

2Cor 1:2; Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Cor 1:3; Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
2Cor 11:31; The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, He who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
Gal 1:1; Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),
Gal 1:3; Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,

Eventually even Jesus Himself will be subject to the Father.

1Cor 15:24; then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
1Cor 15:25; For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
1Cor 15:26; The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
1Cor 15:27; For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.
1Cor 15:28; When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Instead of one God who is three beings. They believe in one being that has three different manifestations.

Loyal
John 1:1; In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2; He was in the beginning with God.

He was God, but He was also "with" God.

Gen 1:26; Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Heb 1:9; "YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS; THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS."

Mark 14:36; And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will."
Luke 22:42; saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

Two separate beings (three counting the Holy Spirit) but One God. Two different wills. The Son is not the Father, and the Father is not the Son,
but they are both One God.

John 10:30; "I and the Father are one."

Matt 23:9; "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Jesus was on Earth when He said that.

Eph 4:6; one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Matt 3:16; After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,
Matt 3:17; and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Three beings, one God. Jesus, the Dove (Holy Spirit), and the Father's voice from above, not from Jesus.

Mark 1:10; Immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him;
Mark 1:11; and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Luke 3:22; and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Active
John 1:1; In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2; He was in the beginning with God.

He was God, but He was also "with" God.

Gen 1:26; Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Heb 1:9; "YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS; THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS."

Mark 14:36; And He was saying, "Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will."
Luke 22:42; saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

Two separate beings (three counting the Holy Spirit) but One God. Two different wills. The Son is not the Father, and the Father is not the Son,
but they are both One God.

John 10:30; "I and the Father are one."

Matt 23:9; "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Jesus was on Earth when He said that.

Eph 4:6; one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Matt 3:16; After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,
Matt 3:17; and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Three beings, one God. Jesus, the Dove (Holy Spirit), and the Father's voice from above, not from Jesus.

Mark 1:10; Immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him;
Mark 1:11; and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Luke 3:22; and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Do not be surprised if Rev Autrey, or anyone in these cults tell you God is a good actor. I think this 'Jesus only' cult is far more dangerous than JWs or mormons.

I don't think anyone disagrees that Jesus is God. It seems even Autrey agrees on that point.

But the Father is also God.

John 6:27; "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal."

John 20:17; Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

Rom 1:7; to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 15:6; so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Cor 1:3; Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Cor 8:6; yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

2Cor 1:2; Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2Cor 1:3; Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
2Cor 11:31; The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, He who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
Gal 1:1; Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),
Gal 1:3; Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,

Eventually even Jesus Himself will be subject to the Father.

1Cor 15:24; then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power.
1Cor 15:25; For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.
1Cor 15:26; The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
1Cor 15:27; For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him.
1Cor 15:28; When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Instead of one God who is three beings. They believe in one being that has three different manifestations.

Dear B-A-C:

See, Jesus has not been preached as the One True God by mainline preachers for at least 1700 years, and I do not expect them to start now. So I will be as gentle as I can with you because this is what Jesus wants from those who preach his Gospel. And too, I can see by the list of Scripture you presented that you have a desire to know more about God. So let's say this: Jesus loves you very much, so let's not resort to name calling to get our way, as some of the others have done. Jesus does not want us to do this!

Let's say it like this, they do not like my post about Jesus and will try to prevent others from believing in him!

See, if you knew anything at all about the essence of God, you would know that in God' spirit essence he is said to be present everywhere That is to say, he is in all places at the same time, or omnipresent. Said otherwise, there is no outside of God; his presence is continuous and goes on to infinity and beyond. But in the New Testament Jesus Claims this attribute for himself:

Ephesians 1:23 NLT: "And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself."

Ephesians 4:10 NLT: "And the same one who descended is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that he might fill the entire universe with himself."

He also claims this attribute for himself in the Prophets and the Psalms (Luke 24:44):

Jeremiah 23:23-24: "'Am I a God near at hand,' says the Lord (Jesus), ‘and not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?' . . . ‘do I not fill heaven and earth?' says the Lord?"

Psalm 139:7-12: "Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea. …"

This means that if Jesus is everywhere present and fill everything there is and beyond, there is no room for the other separate beings you call God to exist. If they did exist, they would have to exist within Jesus' everywhere presence, and would be just created entities like us. As it says Acts 17:27-28: "God (Jesus) did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being."

Let's say it like this: If there were another being in the universe called God, of necessity, the spirit essence of Jesus would encompass him, and all others like him; making him of no consequence. Then to still say that he is God is too of no consequence.

So what I just said about the everywhere presence of Jesus is proof alone that there can be only one God. However since you seem skeptical, here are 4 other Scriptures; one from the Old Testament and two from the New Testament:

Deuteronomy 6:4: "The Lord Jesus our God is one Lord; The Lord is our God, the Lord alone."

Romans 3:30: "There is only one person called God, and he makes people right with himself only by faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles."

1 Corinthians 8:4: "So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that "an idol is nothing at all in the world" and that "there is no God but one."

1 John 5:20-21: "And we know that Jesus has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true because we are in Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols."

And too: Jesus says that he has all power (Matthew 28:18). "And when they saw him, they worshipped him (as God): but some doubted. And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." This has to be so because Jesus cannot lie. So again, what power is left for the other two Gods. None. …!

As you can see then, these verses proving that Jesus is the One True God have been in the Bible all along. But as I said, for the past 1700 years our preachers have not taught us their true meaning. And that's because they themselves did not know their true meaning. And they still don't know! Just listen to them preach for a few minutes and you will see what I mean. And over time they taught this false concept of God to us. And we became comfortable with it. That is to say, our view of God is just the opposite of what I am telling you.

So yes God is a Trinity, but the Trinity is not in the dividing of himself into 2 or 3 parts. The Trinity is in the way he speaks about himself when he speaks to us. This is evident by what he said in John 14:7: "If you had known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!" See, God is like an actor playing three parts at the same time. That is: He speaks of himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). "Therefore go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." But as you can see, it is God as Jesus doing the talking.

So when Jesus says the "Father sent me", or "I go to the Father," he is speaking of himself by his other name. And when he says "In my Fathers house", he is speaking of himself, too. Only in the third person. In fact, every time he mentions the Father, he is speaking of himself by his other name. The same is true when he speaks of the Holy Spirit.

So all that John 1:1 is saying when it says of Jesus: "... he existed in the beginning with God" is what I have been saying all along: that God has 2 other names besides Jesus: the Father and the Holy Spirit. Only he is saying it in a parabolic or metaphoric way!

See, I am giving you some thoughts about Jesus that you haven't known before. But they are is true!

(And by the way, the term "Son of God" is a metaphor, too. Jesus uses it to describe his stay on earth as a man in human flesh. And too, this combats all the other false Son's of God that we we in the Pagan world.)

So again, remember that Jesus loves you very much. He proved this when he came from heaven to earth and died in your place on the cross that Friday afternoon. And he also proves this by giving you life and breath, and rain in due season, and by giving you sunshine to keep you warm and fresh air to breath. And by letting you live in a glorious land so you can have a good life. As it says in Colossians 1:17: "... and he is before all things, and in him all things consist." So where does this leave the other 2 separate beings called God: Nowhere! And now he wants to have a personal relationship with you just the way he did in the Garden of Eden before the fall, when we pulled away from him. This is the ultimate outcome of the Gospel message.

Take Care and Stay safe.

Rev. Autrey

Loyal
So I will be as gentle as I can with you because this is what Jesus wants

Thank you for that.

Jeremiah 23:23-24: "'Am I a God near at hand,' says the Lord (Jesus), ‘and not a God afar off? Can anyone hide himself in secret places, so I shall not see him?' . . . ‘do I not fill heaven and earth?' says the Lord?"

I have 18 Bibles, not one of them has the word "Jesus" in this verse.

You tend to lose a lot of credibility when you start adding and taking away words in the Bible.

Active
Mack. One of my friends is a Mormon. She is very sweet, very polite, but she does not worship the true Jesus. We still socialize, hug, eat together, but she is not my sister in the lord. Just like you, she needs deliverance from Mormonism. I told her this once and we are still friends. I’m not being judgmental. I want you to know Jesus. God loves you, but Mormonism is a false gospel. I’ve seen Mormons a lot around student colleges. They usually target the youth. Some of them are very deceptive and I know some of them have good hearts, but they still need to know the true Jesus.

There is one God, and he exists in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are NOT three separate gods. They are only one God. This is the Trinity. This is biblical.

You talked a lot about your ungodly organization here but none of us will tell you where you should go to worship, if you were a Christian. I can go worship in ‘any’ church. You name it. It could be a Baptist Church, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Methodist, or even in some Anglican churches. Even Catholics worship the same God as us, but Mormons and JWs do not worship the true Jesus. I also won’t worship in these non-trinitarian Pentecostal churches, despite being Pentecostal myself. It is because their doctrine on salvation is false. It is as simple as that.

Mormons and JWs do not have the Holy Spirit, and are lost souls. I’m not saying this to condemn you in any way. This is just to warn you, and it is said in love. You guys are free to believe what ever you want, but if you think you are going to preach a false heretical gospel here on a Christian platform without some challenges, then you’re wrong. The Mormon church is not true, and Joseph Smith is a false prophet, and he is in hell now.

Mormonism says God was a man on another planet! Mormonism says you can become a God! Mormonism says there is a mother goddess and other gods. Mormonism teaches baptism for the dead. Mormonism says God had sex with Mary! Mormonism tells you that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers!! Also, Mormons do not believe Jesus sacrifice was enough. I’m going to say it again and again. Get out of this cult, before it is too late.

Active
Dear B-A-C:

See, Jesus has not been preached as the One True God by mainline preachers for at least 1700 years, and I do not expect them to start now. So I will be as gentle as I can with you because this is what Jesus wants from those who preach his Gospel. And too, I can see by the list of Scripture you presented that you have a desire to know more about God. So let's say this: Jesus loves you very much, so let's not resort to name calling to get our way, as some of the others have done. Jesus does not want us to do this!

Let's say it like this, they do not like my post about Jesus and will try to prevent others from believing in him!

See, if you knew anything at all about the essence of God, you would know that in God' spirit essence he is said to be present everywhere That is to say, he is in all places at the same time, or omnipresent. Said otherwise, there is no outside of God; his presence is continuous and goes on to infinity and beyond. But in the New Testament Jesus Claims this attribute for himself:

Ephesians 1:23 NLT: "And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself."

Ephesians 4:10 NLT: "And the same one who descended is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that he might fill the entire universe with himself."

He also claims this attribute for himself in the Prophets and the Psalms (Luke 24:44):

Psalm 139:7-12: "Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea. …"

This means that if Jesus is everywhere present and fill everything there is and beyond, there is no room for the other separate beings you call God to exist. If they did exist, they would have to exist within Jesus' everywhere presence, and would be just created entities like us. As it says Acts 17:27-28: "God (Jesus) did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being."

Let's say it like this: If there were another being in the universe called God, of necessity, the spirit essence of Jesus would encompass him, and all others like him; making him of no consequence. Then to still say that he is God is too of no consequence.

So what I just said about the everywhere presence of Jesus is proof alone that there can be only one God. However since you seem skeptical, here are 4 other Scriptures; one from the Old Testament and two from the New Testament:

Deuteronomy 6:4: "The Lord Jesus our God is one Lord; The Lord is our God, the Lord alone."

Romans 3:30: "There is only one person called God, and he makes people right with himself only by faith, whether they are Jews or Gentiles."

1 Corinthians 8:4: "So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that "an idol is nothing at all in the world" and that "there is no God but one."

1 John 5:20-21: "And we know that Jesus has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true because we are in Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols."

And too: Jesus says that he has all power (Matthew 28:18). "And when they saw him, they worshipped him (as God): but some doubted. And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." This has to be so because Jesus cannot lie. So again, what power is left for the other two Gods. None. …!

As you can see then, these verses proving that Jesus is the One True God have been in the Bible all along. But as I said, for the past 1700 years our preachers have not taught us their true meaning. And that's because they themselves did not know their true meaning. And they still don't know! Just listen to them preach for a few minutes and you will see what I mean. And over time they taught this false concept of God to us. And we became comfortable with it. That is to say, our view of God is just the opposite of what I am telling you.

So yes God is a Trinity, but the Trinity is not in the dividing of himself into 2 or 3 parts. The Trinity is in the way he speaks about himself when he speaks to us. This is evident by what he said in John 14:7: "If you had known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!" See, God is like an actor playing three parts at the same time. That is: He speaks of himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). "Therefore go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." But as you can see, it is God as Jesus doing the talking.

So when Jesus says the "Father sent me", or "I go to the Father," he is speaking of himself by his other name. And when he says "In my Fathers house", he is speaking of himself, too. Only in the third person. In fact, every time he mentions the Father, he is speaking of himself by his other name. The same is true when he speaks of the Holy Spirit.

So all that John 1:1 is saying when it says of Jesus: "... he existed in the beginning with God" is what I have been saying all along: that God has 2 other names besides Jesus: the Father and the Holy Spirit. Only he is saying it in a parabolic or metaphoric way!

See, I am giving you some thoughts about Jesus that you haven't known before. But they are is true!

(And by the way, the term "Son of God" is a metaphor, too. Jesus uses it to describe his stay on earth as a man in human flesh. And too, this combats all the other false Son's of God that we we in the Pagan world.)

So again, remember that Jesus loves you very much. He proved this when he came from heaven to earth and died in your place on the cross that Friday afternoon. And he also proves this by giving you life and breath, and rain in due season, and by giving you sunshine to keep you warm and fresh air to breath. And by letting you live in a glorious land so you can have a good life. As it says in Colossians 1:17: "... and he is before all things, and in him all things consist." So where does this leave the other 2 separate beings called God: Nowhere! And now he wants to have a personal relationship with you just the way he did in the Garden of Eden before the fall, when we pulled away from him. This is the ultimate outcome of the Gospel message.

Take Care and Stay safe.

Rev. Autrey

Jesus is not the Father

The Scripture teaches that Jesus is not the Father, for Jesus and the Father are two separate Divine Persons. Now, I will show you from the Scriptures that Jesus is not God the Father.

● After Jesus was baptized by John in the Jordan river, it happened that a voice came from heaven, saying: “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17 – NKJV). Who spoke those words? Certainly it was not Jesus who spoke those words for it is written that “a voice came from heaven” (Matthew 3:17 – NKJV), while Jesus was on earth. Therefore that voice was the voice of the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; for that voice called Jesus ‘My beloved Son”. That’s why we can’t affirm that Jesus is the Father.

● After Jesus was baptized, He was anointed with the Holy Spirit, as Matthew says: “When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him” (Matthew 3:16 – NKJV). Now, my question is this, ‘Who anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit?’ The Scripture teaches that it was God the Father who anointed His Son with the Holy Spirit, as it is written: “You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore, God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions” (Psalm 45:7 – NKJV). I would like you to notice that the Psalmist says that God was anointed by His God. How is it that God was anointed by His God? How many Gods exist then? Well, the answer is that when the Scripture says that God was anointed by His God, it means that God the Son was anointed by God the Father. However, they are not two Gods, but one God, because Jesus said: “I and My Father are one” (John 10:30 – NKJV). Therefore, Jesus was not the Father.

● When Jesus was transfigured on the holy mountain the disciples who were with Him heard a voice, which came out of the cloud which overshadowed them, and that voice said: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” (Matthew 17:5 – NKJV). My question is still the same: Who spoke those words, Jesus or someone else? Surely it was not Jesus but God His Father who spoke. This is confirmed by the following words of Peter, who was one of the disciples who were with Jesus on that occasion: “For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’ And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain” (2 Peter 1:17-18 – NKJV). Therefore, once again we infer that Jesus Christ, even though in the days of His flesh was God, was not the Father because His Father was in heaven. Of course, in Jesus Christ dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, that’s why He was worshiped on earth, both before His death and after His resurrection, yet He was the Son of the living God who was in heaven. Jesus said that the Father was in Him and He was in the Father, He said that He and His Father were one, He said that He existed before Abraham was born, yet all this does not lead us to affirm that He was the Father because such a statement is inconsistent with the Word of God. How could Jesus say that His Father was in heaven if the term Father was just a title applied to Jesus? Listen to these words of Jesus: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven” (Matthew 7:21 – NKJV); “For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother” (Matthew 12:50 – NKJV). Furthermore, if the term Father was just a title applied to Jesus how is it that Jesus thanked the Father? Listen to these words Jesus said to the Father: “I thank You Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight” (Matthew 11:25-26 – NKJV), “Father, I thank You that You have heard me” (John 11:41 – NKJV).

● Jesus said to His disciples: “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him” (John 14:23 – NKJV). Note that Jesus, referring to Himself and to His Father, said “We will come to him and make Our home with him’. It is evident, therefore, that Jesus was not the Father.

● The apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians that Jesus, “being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:6-11 – NKJV). Now, as you can see, Jesus humbled Himself and was highly exalted by God the Father; so Jesus is not the Father.

● After Jesus was raised from the dead, He was seen by His disciples for forty days, and then He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of the Father. As it is written: “He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God” (Mark 16:19 – NKJV), and also: “When He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high” (Hebrews 1:3 – NKJV). This happened so that it might be fulfilled what David had said: “The LORD said to my Lord, ‘Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool” (Psalm 110:1 – NKJV). Stephen in a vision saw Jesus at the right hand of God, as he said: “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!” (Acts 7:56 – NKJV). Therefore, Jesus is not God the Father because in heaven He is at the right hand of God the Father. And do you know what Jesus is doing there? He “makes intercession for us” (Romans 8:34 – NKJV). Reflect upon this function He is accomplishing at the right hand of God because it confirms that Jesus can’t be God the Father, for if Jesus is making intercession for us, that means that He is a mediator between God the Father and us, and since “a mediator does not mediate for one only” (Galatians 3:20 – NKJV), there must be someone to whom He prays on our behalf, and this someone is God the Father. This is why we pray to God the Father in the name of Jesus Christ, because Jesus Christ is the Mediator between God the Father and us.

Jesus is not the Holy Spirit

Now, I want to show you from the Scriptures that Jesus is not the Holy Spirit either.

● Jesus, on the night He was betrayed and arrested, said to His disciples: “If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him” (John 14:15-17 – NIV). Now, while Jesus was on earth He was the Counselor that God had promised through His prophets He would send to His people. However, since Jesus had to go back to the Father who had sent Him and He knew that His disciples would need another Counselor to be with them forever and in every place He said that He would pray to the Father and the Father would send another Counselor or Comforter to them. Therefore, since Jesus called the Holy Spirit “another Counselor”, we must conclude that the Holy Spirit is not the same Counselor (Jesus) who was received up into heaven. Therefore Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. That the Holy Spirit is not Jesus Christ in Spirit rather than in flesh is confirmed by the fact that when Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit from the Father He said the following things: “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you” (John 16:7-15). I would like you to notice the following expression “He shall glorify me,” for it confirms that the Holy Spirit cannot be Jesus in that He glorifies Jesus.

● One day Jesus said: “And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come” (Matthew 12:32). As you can see, those who speak against the Son of man can be forgiven, while those who speak against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven. Therefore, Jesus, the Son of man, can’t be the Holy Spirit.

● The author of the epistle to the Hebrews says: “Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:28-29 – NKJV). These words also confirm that the Son of God is not the Holy Spirit, for They are cited separately.

By Giacinto Butindaro [ read more here ]

Status
Not open for further replies.