• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why believe in Christianity?

Staff Member
@love_yeshua

I see instead of the simple, you went with the "the complete way". :)

You touched on many subjects, some outright while others hint of much more. Many here at TJ would love to expound upon these areas, but they would really move us away from the subject of being born again. By my mentioning "profession of faith" without mentioning that "what you believe" should really be limited to being saved and how you would explain it, was my fault for which I humbly apologize for. :-(

So.............how would you explain it?
C4E

Last edited by a moderator:
@love_yeshua

I see instead of the simple, you went with the "the complete way". :)

You touched on many subjects, some outright while others hint of much more. Many here at TJ would love to expound upon these areas, but they would really move us away from the subject of being born again. By my mentioning "profession of faith" without mentioning that "what you believe" should really be limited to being saved and how you would explain it, was my fault for which I humbly apologize for. :-(

So.............how would you explain it?
C4E
I think this text sums it up nicely

John 14:21-23
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Staff Member
I think this text sums it up nicely

John 14:21-23
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Good morning, or maybe Good evening :)

Touchy....hummm....trying not to go too far afield. At what moment of time would the Holy Spirit be imparted to the believer?

Off to work! Have a great day/night!
C4E

Good morning, or maybe Good evening :)

Touchy....hummm....trying not to go too far afield. At what moment of time would the Holy Spirit be imparted to the believer?

Off to work! Have a great day/night!
C4E
The text talks about Elohim making their abode with the obedient person, so the Holy Spirit would be their way of making their abode with the person.

Staff Member
The text talks about Elohim making their abode with the obedient person, so the Holy Spirit would be their way of making their abode with the person.

Yes it does, but this happens when? Is it when, the sinner repents and believes through faith in Christ Jesus?

Sleep through the alarm! Off to work again!
Have a great day/night!
C4E

Yes it does, but this happens when? Is it when, the sinner repents and believes through faith in Christ Jesus?

Sleep through the alarm! Off to work again!
Have a great day/night!
C4E
I would imagine that it would happen when Elohim has decided the person is ready

Staff Member
I would imagine that it would happen when Elohim has decided the person is ready

Hello love_Yeshua!

So wouldn't you say we are ready when we believe? Let's take a look at what Paul writes to the church in Ephesus.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I've underlined two parts, one each in v13 and v14. "....after that ye believed" a status of belief which holds us and God to one of His promises which is sealed as the verse continues on with ".....sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

The second item in v14 "earnest" needs to be understood in full so we can see that the promise has not been completed. Earnest as "Strongs Bible Concordance" defines means: money which in purchases is given as a pledge or downpayment that the full amount will subsequently be paid.

The word there that is important is "downpayment" It is but the beginning.........

Just remember that the Holy Spirit does so much more than just seal us to an eternal future, now that we've been "born again".

love_yeshua, you have been born again, of the spirit. Read again John 3:5-8 when our Lord was talking with Nicodemus. Allow the Holy Spirit that is within you to provide the understanding.

Remember........Elohim has decided you are ready. For it was He that called you!
YBIC
C4E

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Hello love_Yeshua!

So wouldn't you say we are ready when we believe? Let's take a look at what Paul writes to the church in Ephesus.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, [14] Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I've underlined two parts, one each in v13 and v14. "....after that ye believed" a status of belief which holds us and God to one of His promises which is sealed as the verse continues on with ".....sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

The second item in v14 "earnest" needs to be understood in full so we can see that the promise has not been completed. Earnest as "Strongs Bible Concordance" defines means: money which in purchases is given as a pledge or downpayment that the full amount will subsequently be paid.

The word there that is important is "downpayment" It is but the beginning.........

Just remember that the Holy Spirit does so much more than just seal us to an eternal future, now that we've been "born again".

love_yeshua, you have been born again, of the spirit. Read again John 3:5-8 when our Lord was talking with Nicodemus. Allow the Holy Spirit that is within you to provide the understanding.

Remember........Elohim has decided you are ready. For it was He that called you!
YBIC
C4E

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!
Prepare for the amazing rant, but it's so long that you really don't have to read it if you don't want to.

What you or I think about when we are ready, is not very important. You can believe in Elohim your whole life and not be "ready" as yet. He will determine when the heart is sincere and suitable enough, then impart His Spirit.

John 14:21-24
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

A person can repent, get baptized and not receive the Holy Spirit as yet. Elohim will give it when He decides that their heart is in the right state. People think they just have to "believe in" Yeshua, say a prayer and get baptized, then they are saved. Well I know lots of Hindus who believe in Him. Doesn't mean they're saved. They admire Him and pray to Him, but alongside Him they worship a plethora of gods and goddesses, and put up flags of different colors on their property. They wake up very early and sing prayers, in fact the only people who don't wake up early to pray are Christians, sadly.

Where I live in Trinidad and Tobago, you can see almost any kind of religion being practiced, we've even got Sikhs and Wiccan societies here. Idolatry and occultism in all forms is the order of the day. People practice African Traditional syncretic religions like the Spiritual Baptist and Orisha faiths. They all admire and pray to Jesus, they wake up at 4:30 am everyday and pray, ringing their bells and blowing ram horns. They are more serious about prayer than most Christians who can't get out of bed. Doesn't mean they're saved. The Muslims can quote from the Qur'an better than most Christians can quote from the Bible. In fact they know stuff from the Bible that most Christians have no clue about, since many Christians tend to ignore some parts of the Bible and embrace other parts. The Muslims believe in Jesus and think He was an amazing person. They're in the mosques singing loud prayers several times a day, or if they can't make it to the mosque, they will pray wherever they are. Doesn't mean they're saved either.

I think when we try to define our state of "readiness" instead of asking Elohim and waiting patiently, we open the door for nonsense such as faked Holy Spirits and practiced "speaking in tongues", there are too many people doing this nowadays. They started going to church, they said the sinners' prayer, probably got baptized, then everyone expects them to be saved and filled with the Holy Ghost. So if they don't start "manifesting" something like speaking in tongues, prophesying or at least fainting randomly, people are concerned or suspicious. With the exception of Roman Catholics and maybe Methodists/Adventists, the average Christian church is noisy, filled with music and altar calls and "worshiping" and "miracles", with little opportunity for peace, presence of mind, and any real Bible-reading. If people want a peaceful church to think and reflect, a Catholic church and not any Protestant church is the place to go. Sad but true! (Of course I suspect the "peace" in Catholic churches is from Satan. Elohim can find a person anywhere including a Catholic church, but this does not change the fact that Catholicism is built on idol worship. However I also cannot say that the atmosphere of levity in the average Christian church is of Elohim.)

A person can get baptized and absolutely no change will take place. Simply because Elohim looked at their heart and decided that they were not truly ready as yet. Doesn't matter if they thought they were "ready" to receive the Holy Spirit. I thought I was ready when I was a teen, but looking back now, I realize my errors. I was sincere, but no I wasn't ready. The Holy Spirit requires responsibility and commitment and most people do not have it, it doesn't matter if they think they do. I think we all need to meet someone who truly has the Holy Spirit, then we would rethink our definitions.

I was shocked to find out that the majority of "born again" Christians do not believe they should be concerned about the Antichrist (because they're going to be "raptured" away), and many of them don't even realize that there's a Mark of the Beast they have to reject in the near future. The Bible says to watch and pray, they don't watch and expect everything to be ok, They won't even read the Bible to know signs of the times, which is why they think "Jesus can come anyday at any time! He could come tomorrow! He could come today!" Meanwhile the one-world government draws closer. You meet born-again Christians who say nonsense about homosexuality being okay. There are many who spend their whole life trying to get into their "season" (where they are supposed to get filthy rich) because they think material riches are the ultimate sign of Elohim's favor.

So the reality is, few of us are actually ready, this includes the millions of "born-again" Christians who assume they are saved and are going up in a pre-trib rapture anyday now. This is something I have to come to terms with everyday. When the Bible says very few people will be saved, it's no joke, Looking around, it becomes obvious. We are all a mess and I think too many Christians see the world through rainbow-colored glasses, overly-optimistic and completely unrealistic, oblivious to the fact that Elohim doesn't joke around with His standards. Their motto in life is "You can be a Christian and still <insert activity here>!" And sadly Christians are literally the only people on earth who redefine their Holy Scriptures to suit themselves, while every other religion obeys clear instructions. We think it's easy to make it into the Kingdom of Heaven, and I think part of the problem is, people think it's just some nice place with angels singing and you live forever happily. However, looking at the Bible, heaven is not anything like that, people will not even be living in heaven, and the rewards for the overcomers are far more fabulous than that. Therefore we shouldn't expect any of it to be easy to obtain. If it were so easy to be saved then most, if not all Christians should be saved. I ranted but hey, that's what I think and see.

Staff Member
Hello love_yeshua! WOW :)

Prepare for the amazing rant, but it's so long that you really don't have to read it if you don't want to.

I want to give this the attention it deserves love_yeshua. So will not reply in total as of yet, however, a part caught my eye in scanning your "rant" :)

I ranted but hey, that's what I think and see.

What you "think and see" are very important, and your ability to verbalize it equally so. Yet, we must continually ask ourselves, is what I think and see within the context of the entire Scripture true?

Have something else to do at the moment, but taking a look at what you've written is next on my agenda! Can't wait.
YBIC
C4E

Last edited:
Love_Yeshua. Very well said, and not a rant by any means. Christians do not appreciate how narrow the road is to eternity. That said, I do believe we underestimate the grace of God, but overestimate His tolerance. By that I mean that we Protestants will be very surprised at the great number of Catholics in the kingdom...those who despite the foundations of Catholicism, are living fully according to what light they have. These same ones will be surprised how few Protestants make it into the kingdom...because they despise their opportunities, presume upon God's longsuffering, have lowered God's standards of righteousness, and have profaned so much of what God has made holy.

Forgive me for horning in on your conversation with C4E, but couldn't help myself.

Love_Yeshua. Very well said, and not a rant by any means. Christians do not appreciate how narrow the road is to eternity. That said, I do believe we underestimate the grace of God, but overestimate His tolerance. By that I mean that we Protestants will be very surprised at the great number of Catholics in the kingdom...those who despite the foundations of Catholicism, are living fully according to what light they have. These same ones will be surprised how few Protestants make it into the kingdom...because they despise their opportunities, presume upon God's longsuffering, have lowered God's standards of righteousness, and have profaned so much of what God has made holy.

Forgive me for horning in on your conversation with C4E, but couldn't help myself.
Hi~ If it was useful to you in any way and not just a "rant", that's really nice. But yeah I don't know about you, but I have to remind myself that this isn't supposed to be easy, and that few people are actually going to make it.

I came across a segment of Romans 9 that really answered my question concerning when exactly Yahweh decides to forgive or save us. The answer is: we don't know. I guess most Christians see Him as more of a vending machine, instead of realizing He is God of the entire universe. And He will do what is pleasing in His sight, not what we want or expect Him to do for us. So sure we all want to be saved, but I think at the end of the day, we can only try our best to please Elohim and beg His mercy and kindness. This is the true nature of a relationship between God of the Universe and a mere human.

Romans 9:15-18
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

I'm wishing you all the best. I'm wishing everybody all the best!! Perseverance is the only way one can make progress.

I came across a segment of Romans 9 that really answered my question concerning when exactly Yahweh decides to forgive or save us. The answer is: we don't know. I guess most Christians see Him as more of a vending machine, instead of realizing He is God of the entire universe. And He will do what is pleasing in His sight, not what we want or expect Him to do for us. So sure we all want to be saved, but I think at the end of the day, we can only try our best to please Elohim and beg His mercy and kindness.

"It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy (Ro 9:16)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no man can boast. (Eph 2:8-9)

We don't earn God's mercy, we just receive (plug into) it.

SLE

Hi~ If it was useful to you in any way and not just a "rant", that's really nice. But yeah I don't know about you, but I have to remind myself that this isn't supposed to be easy, and that few people are actually going to make it.

I came across a segment of Romans 9 that really answered my question concerning when exactly Yahweh decides to forgive or save us. The answer is: we don't know. I guess most Christians see Him as more of a vending machine, instead of realizing He is God of the entire universe. And He will do what is pleasing in His sight, not what we want or expect Him to do for us. So sure we all want to be saved, but I think at the end of the day, we can only try our best to please Elohim and beg His mercy and kindness. This is the true nature of a relationship between God of the Universe and a mere human.

Romans 9:15-18
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

I'm wishing you all the best. I'm wishing everybody all the best!! Perseverance is the only way one can make progress.

I believe we know enough as to when God decided to save us....when He and Jesus decided before the world was created (before the foundation of the world)...this was when they agreed to provide a Saviour.
And we can know right now if we are saved or not...John wrote 1 John I believe as a letter of encouragement so that his readers may know that they are saved.
How do we know we know God truly? Because we keep His commandments. (1 Jn 2:3)
How do we know we are in Him? When His love is perfected in us, and we keep His word (1 Jn 2:5)
How do we know we are abiding in Christ? When we walk as Jesus walked. (1 Jn 2:6)
How do we know we are in the light? When we love our brothers. (1 Jn 2:8-10)
How do we know we love the Father? QWhen we cease from loving the world. (1 Jn 2:15-17)
How do we know we are born again? When we do righteousness. 1 Jn 2:29)
How do we know we are abiding in the Father and are counted as His children? When through sanctifcation we are purifying ourselves and have ceased from practicing lawlessness. (1 Jn 3:1-6)
How do we know we are born of God? When we have ceased from sin. (1 Jn 3:7-10)
How do we know we have passed from death to lofe? When we love each other. (1 Jn 3:14-16)
How do we know we are in the truth? When we love not just as a confession from our lips, but in action. (1 Jn 3:18-19)

There are many more assurances and encouragements in this epistle...though I suspect that what I have quoted may offend some who would accuse me of promoting works as a way of being justified...this however could not be further from the truth...what John has gone to great pains to tell his readers (that's youy and I) is that we can know we are in the truth, in the light, truly loving God and are saved, we can know these things by the fruit of our daily lives. The love we have for one another...the ceasing from sin...the works of rightousnesss....the obedience to all God's commandments...these are evidence we know God and love Him. And when does all this take place? Our aslvation is from the moment we accept Jesus as our personal Saviour. The evidence however is a mounting progression throughout our lives.

On the other hand, if that evidence is not there....(eg 1 Jn 2:4,9,11,15,22. 1 Jn 3:8. i Jn 4:20.etc)

Our aslvation is from the moment we accept Jesus as our personal Saviour. The evidence however is a mounting progression throughout our lives.

This is the work of Jesus' Spirit, the Holy Spirit when we allow him to come into our hearts and be our Teacher.

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, , will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said to you" (Jn 14:26)

SLE

DHC

2 Corinthians 5
17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,
19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Our reconciliation is based on what Christ has done for us, not what we can do.
It is a ministry of reconciliation, the good news, Christ has given us His righteousness.

John 20:31
but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

Acts 16:31
They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

********* 18 Now all these things are from God *********************

Galatians 3:22
But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

1 Timothy 1:16
Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

Staff Member

I didn't think that I would be so long in replying to your post @love_yeshua :)

I didn't mind the rant as I mentioned in my last post. In a way one could classify it as a warning, a shout, a clarion call, maybe to those who believe they are saved and require a gut check, in somehow thinking that the path we follow is an easy one.

I do believe we are somewhat on the same page, because if you can understand that when I say "believer" I am also saying "saved" not just "believe" as the world would define it. I should have made myself clear in that respect. Unless you of the thought that no one is saved until judgment has been made.

What you or I think about when we are ready, is not very important. You can believe in Elohim your whole life and not be "ready" as yet. He will determine when the heart is sincere and suitable enough, then impart His Spirit.

I agree only in part with what you've said. I don't see the following verses you've quoted as confirming the giving of the Holy Spirit when an individual is ready.

John 14:21-24

If as you say we must be at a level of sincerity of heart before we are imparted His Spirit. Then those without His Spirit, though they be saved can do nothing when you take the below scripture into account. Is that correct?

John 15:4 [4] Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. [5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

A person can repent, get baptized and not receive the Holy Spirit as yet. Elohim will give it when He decides that their heart is in the right state.

I'm assuming you're making reference as an example to Acts 19:1-6? If that is the case. What standard of behavior, or readiness did the twelve in v7 meet besides baptism and repentance that they received the Holy Spirit? Would then the receiving of the Holy Spirit be followed by an outward sign i.e. speaking in tongues as a confirmation of the receipt of the Holy Spirit?

I would like you to take into consideration Luke 11:13. When a repentant person, who ask for Jesus Christ to come into them, is this not the same as them asking for the Holy Spirit as our Lord made mention of in Luke?

People think they just have to "believe in" Yeshua, say a prayer and get baptized, then they are saved.

Yet in truth this is true, otherwise salvation is not by Grace, but by works. Which we both know is not true, to the extent that anything we do is righteous or just, in and of itself outside of Christ Jesus.

Well I know lots of Hindus who believe in Him. Doesn't mean they're saved. They admire Him and pray to Him, but alongside Him they worship a plethora of gods and goddesses, and put up flags of different colors on their property. They wake up very early and sing prayers, in fact the only people who don't wake up early to pray are Christians, sadly.

I think you are confusing their saying they "believe" with just acknowledging his existence as a man or enlightened man. With so many gods on their plate I'm almost of the mind that they're trying to cover themselves just encase, the other gods they also pray to don't exist.

Something tells me that you are assuming that the Jesus they believe in and pray to is the same Jesus, you and I call Lord, Savior, and King. It is not. Were you to ask them, who is your Jesus? They would have a hard time articulating who He is, and if they did, would it coincide with the Jesus Christ of Scripture? Sadly, you could also ask this of many professing Christians and receive similar responses.

Dear sister, an example to this happened to me when I felt moved to show a newly ordained Minister how little many professing Christians really understand what salvation, being saved means. I asked a couple of young people in front of her, what made them saved. One said, "I was brought up in the church, and even though I don't go often, I try to do good things." "My family believes, so I guess I believe too since I go to church with them". They called themselves Christians!

It's was not that they were trying to hide, or get away with anything, though some others may be similar to what I mentioned about the Hindu's, you know trying to cover all the bases. The problem existing in the world today is that the Gospel has been so diluted, that the same words that you have used to state the possibility of unbelief i.e. "repentance, baptism, say a prayer" comes mostly by the way of not understanding one or all of the words you used as not just concepts or words, but actions requiring as you would say a "sincerity of heart". That is part of being a Christian which starts at the foot of the Cross.

On the prayer front with the Muslims etc. How do you know that the Christians do not wake up early to pray? What does scripture say about praying? Matthew 6:5-6 [5] And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. [6] But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

In the morning I pray at the end of my walk, and look to the heavens, asking the Father to guide me for the day, and that I await the return of His Son Jesus Christ. I don't do this for the neighbors who aren't even out yet, nor to prove some point. I just know that I long for the day that the heavens will open up and my Lord will return, and the joy of this thought makes me sometimes want to jump up into the sky as to meet Him! Foolishness, I know, but the joy in the thought has me both laughing, and crying, for my brothers and sisters in Christ who are toiling, under heavy persecution and tribulation, that even my small action at the end of the walk, is not available to them, yet joy in the knowledge that on the day of His return they will find rest.

This is not my only prayer nor my first in the day. That being said I will never assume to speak of what another does or does not do when it comes to prayer. I would only point them in that direction, if they have failed to do so. Whether they do or don't is between them and God.

I could now continue on with the rest of your rant :) but suffice it to say, I don't find much issue with how you see things, when it comes to church, Christians, other religions.

Yet what I pray for you is hope and comfort. Please remember we do not know who is or is not saved, nor who may yet be. All we know is that the path is narrow and few will find it. With that being said, continue to share the hope that we have in Christ Jesus and be ready to answer on why we believe as we believe. Be uncompromising in adhering to what scripture says, but once again communicating it to those who might not have learned scripture, with the love of Christ Jesus. Our Lord chastised the priest hood, but adherents, He communicated the truth with love, if at times I believe with a touch of sadness for their inability to see and accept the truth.

Whether you want to believe it or not. You as one who is saved; are a recipient of the Holy Spirit. Sealed as Ephesians 1:13 says.

My hope that this hasn't been too long in responding to you, or too wordy, which at times as this post shows, I can be!

YBIC
C4E

Some other verses you might want to take into consideration as well in thinking that the Holy Spirit does not reside in the believer until some future time, and not at the time of conversion.

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:13-14

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
I Cor. 6:19

But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. [11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10-11

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. [5] There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. [6] And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. [7] But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
I Corinthians 12:4-7

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, [23] gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Last edited by a moderator:
If as you say we must be at a level of sincerity of heart before we are imparted His Spirit. Then those without His Spirit, though they be saved can do nothing when you take the below scripture into account. Is that correct?

John 15:4 [4] Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. [5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
You can't be saved and not have the Holy Spirit. It's absolutely impossible. Which is why we can say, the majority of people who think they are saved, are actually not.

Romans 8:9
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

I agree only in part with what you've said. I don't see the following verses you've quoted as confirming the giving of the Holy Spirit when an individual is ready.
It's given when God decides the person is ready. Not when the person thinks they are ready.

I'm assuming you're making reference as an example to Acts 19:1-6? If that is the case. What standard of behavior, or readiness did the twelve in v7 meet besides baptism and repentance that they received the Holy Spirit? Would then the receiving of the Holy Spirit be followed by an outward sign i.e. speaking in tongues as a confirmation of the receipt of the Holy Spirit?

I would like you to take into consideration Luke 11:13. When a repentant person, who ask for Jesus Christ to come into them, is this not the same as them asking for the Holy Spirit as our Lord made mention of in Luke?
Honestly I do not know why Christians ask Yeshua to come into them. This is part of a huge problem of not understanding His position, and His great power and authority. What human can ask Him to "come into them"? Who can "accept Him into their lives" or "accept Him as their Lord and Personal Savior"? All of these expressions show a huge lack of respect and lack of thought. But they are cliches that most Christians believe are right and appropriate, because they hear everyone saying these things. And nobody ever stops to think about it. It also doesn't help that most Christians don't know that occultists ask spirits to "come into them" all the time and this is not the culture that Yahweh wants us to follow.

Yeshua is not a spirit guide, he is not a disembodied fallen angel, He, of Himself, is certainly not a spirit that goes and lives inside of humans. He is seated on His throne in heaven. When Wiccans etc ask their demons to "come into them", then that is appropriate for their situation, not for any believer in the true God. Yeshua is Elohim, Creator of the universe. From His superior position, He will impart his spirit to those that please Him, when He is pleased to do so.
----------------------------------------
Romans 9:15

Exodus 33:19

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

-----------------------
People should not be telling Him that they "accept" him, as if humans have the authority to accept or reject Him as their God and their Savior. He is God, he is the only Savior of mankind, whether humans want to "accept" that or not. You quoted Luke 11:13, which clearly says that the Father will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask for it. I do not know of any scripture which says we should ask the Holy Spirit to enter us, or ask Yeshua to come into us.

The use of language is extremely important, and I think we have an unfortunate culture of repeating phrases without understanding what they mean. When you "accept" someone you are granting them your approval and your permission, from an often superior position. It is absolutely not the word or attitude to approach Elohim with - ever. In fact, we should be saying to Elohim, "Please forgive me, teach me and accept me back even though I've sinned and I'm not worthy".

It is also completely wrong to ask the Holy Spirit to come into you. It is something I would expect only Catholics or mediums to do. They pray directly to Mary who is dead, they pray to various angels directly, they pray to the Holy Spirit, they pray to dead saints and to apostles. We absolutely can beg Elohim to grant us the Holy Spirit, but we have no business asking the Holy Spirit to come into us. To do so may even be dangerous. You might get a holy spirit, but not the one you were asking for - precisely because the real Holy Spirit isn't going to hear peoples' prayers and "enter" them. The Holy Spirit enters a person in only one way: Elohim imparts the Spirit to the person.

Yet in truth this is true, otherwise salvation is not by Grace, but by works. Which we both know is not true, to the extent that anything we do is righteous or just, in and of itself outside of Christ Jesus.
I'm pretty sure that salvation is of faith, not of grace. Grace comes as a result of already having been saved. After being saved, a person lives under Yahweh's grace.
---------------------------
Romans 10:9-11

King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

---------------

And faith is far more than just "believing", which is why it's hard for people to have faith. It's easy to say you believe that Yeshua was raised from the dead. But a lot of people say this, and don't actually believe it. If they believed it, they would act as though they believe it. And that is why Yeshua places importance on people doing Elohim's will. Your actions will show how much faith you actually have.

Matthew 7:21

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

---------------------------------

On the prayer front with the Muslims etc. How do you know that the Christians do not wake up early to pray?
The reality is, the majority of Christians do not do this. It's not a matter of nobody seeing them. They simply aren't doing it. If they were doing it, then the churches would have spiritual power. The Holy Spirit would be working in the churches. You would not have inappropriately dressed women in the church. You would not have Sunday worship, and pagan festivals like Easter and Christmas, continuing in the church. You would not have a loud and irreverent atmosphere, "Christian rock music" and pastors who fornicate with church members. All these horrible things happen because the Holy Spirit is not there. It's not in the leaders, it's not in the members. The Spirit has authority in every church to point out what they are doing wrong -- if the Spirit is present. Yet most Christian churches continue doing the same thing for years, and even when it has been destroyed by agents of Satan, nobody is aware. Nobody sees anything. You can't tell me these people are praying, absolutely not. And here is why.
------------------------
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
----------------------
This public reward of the Holy Spirit's power and guidance, which should be seen amongst Christians, is completely absent from most churches. This is why so many young Christians are led astray, they go for Charismatic Catholicism, Wicca or ancient pagan religions, because these religions "work". They have some sort of spiritual power. If healing is needed, a person can be healed demonically in these false religions. If guidance is needed for life, these people use divination and they get guidance. So these kids look at their own religion and its lack of spiritual might, and they are discouraged. Christianity is not known for having any spiritual clout whatsoever, because the people are literally asleep.

But Christians are supposed to have spiritual power given to them by Elohim. Not to use as they want. Not to do fake speaking in tongues and make people fall backwards. But for the spirit to influence the church congregation to seek Elohim, to help genuine people who are sick or need demons cast out, to convict people who are secretly sinning and bring their actions to the light, and send out such people if they are not willing to repent. That is how the Spirit keeps the church clean and full of Elohim's blessing and power. When the spirit is really working in the church, people will have respect and will not try to secretly do things that pollute the congregation.

I agree with you also about the path being narrow. When you spoke of your joy at hoping for Yeshua's return, I just hoped that you do not believe in the pre-tribulation rapture. It is one of the worst things in Christianity today, really sad. Lucifer has fooled millions of Christians with this doctrine and because of that deception, those millions will accept the antichrist. When I think about it I feel really sorry.

DHC

You would not have Sunday worship, and pagan festivals like Easter and Christmas, continuing in the church.

You would not have a loud and irreverent atmosphere, "Christian rock music".

Not to do fake speaking in tongues and make people fall backwards

Hello love_yeshua.

Noticed these three lines which I highlighted in red from your post # 57.

You are obviously a seventh day adventist.

You are a legalist, i.e., you believe in the ten commandments.

You do not recognize all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

You are very conservative in your appreciation of worship music.

Do you agree with these statements love_yeshua.

Hello love_yeshua.

Noticed these three lines which I highlighted in red from your post # 57.

You are obviously a seventh day adventist.

You are a legalist, i.e., you believe in the ten commandments.

You do not recognize all the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

You are very conservative in your appreciation of worship music.

Do you agree with these statements love_yeshua.

1. False

2. I do not know what a legalist is. I believe in the whole Bible and why shouldn't I, according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17?

3. False

4. True

DHC

1. False

2. I do not know what a legalist is. I believe in the whole Bible and why shouldn't I, according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17?

3. False

4. True

Hello love_yeshua.

Forgive my assumption regarding your statement;

"You would not have Sunday worship, and pagan festivals like Easter and Christmas, continuing in the church."

I naturally assumed due to the 'not have Sunday worship' you would be a 7th day Adventist. I do not care for Easter or Christmas likewise.

So what is the problem with Sunday worship? To satisfy my curiosity.

Also, what eschatology do you follow?