• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

who was on earth that would find Cain and kill him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
We are not equals; not all of us. The law of averages suggests that a percentage of
Christians among us have the anointing spoken of at 1John 2:26-27 while a
percentage among us think they do; but don't.

The do-haves and the don't-haves are incompatible; they are like Rudyard Kipling's
poem "The Ballad of East and West” wherein he penned: East is East, and West is
West, and never the twain shall meet.

The anointing doesn't make people all-knowing; but one thing it does for sure is attune
their ears. Studying the Bible without the anointing is like trying to appreciate music while
handicapped with a tone-deaf hearing condition. It's nigh unto impossible to catch the
nuances of music when one's ears only, and always, hear music in a monotone.
_

Last edited:
Loyal
@Beetow -- Back a few posts -- I stated that I didn't get the connection you were making -- that does not make me any less 'whatever' than you are. Anointed or whatever.

I don't think God is interested in a 'law of averages' -- He Is interested in our relationship with Him.

The insinuation you Seem to be making -- is that I'm supposedly not teachable. Supposedly I'm in the bracket of those who Think they have the anointing but really don't.

You've brought up many subject areas and believe you are totally correct. And I've responded and mainly countered your comments with Scripture. I get Scripture in context and let it speak for itself.

I don't consider myself "anointed " at all.

Active
Greetings,

I think you have mis understood.
It is quite possible that the Member you are replying to was simply and humbly trying to explain something that appeared to be needed to be explained.

However, we all do well to remember that verse from Proverbs.

Bless you ....><>
Brother,

You're a moderator, so help me understand why nearly a dozen of my messages have been deleted from a particular thread without any explanation.

Staff Member
@JerryfromMass
Greetings Brother,

I did try to explain some on another thread that you were partaking in earlier:

If you could read that and please feel free to contact me, via Conversation [PM], if you would like to.

Bless you ....><>

Active
@JerryfromMass
Greetings Brother,

I did try to explain some on another thread that you were partaking in earlier:

If you could read that and please feel free to contact me, via Conversation [PM], if you would like to.

Bless you ....><>
Brother,

If you can, for a moment, imagine the back-and-forth Peter and Paul and the others engaged in with each other, let alone with those outside their circle of fellow disciples. I'm certain it wasn't nicities all the time. I rather favor the model envisioned by SCOTUS Justice Louis D Brandeis when in 1927 he wrote: “If there be time to expose through discussion, the falsehoods and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence.”

But I get it: this is a safe space, and as a thick-skinned retired beat cop who doesn't mince words, sometimes I overlook the fact that in today's social justice climate, feelings are what matter most and others might be easily offended at my point of view. The common term used in many quarters for the easily offended is "snowflake." I'll try and keep that in mind.

I'm not admitting that anything I've written has been violative of any rule of decorum, but you who run this site have absolute discretion to determine whether a message stays or goes. One thing you won't see from me, however, is reporting another person's "offensive" message in reply to my "offending" message. That's a low to which I won't bow.

Peace and blessings.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Brother,

If you can, for a moment, imagine the back-and-forth Peter and Paul and the others engaged in with each other, let alone with those outside their circle of fellow disciples. I'm certain it wasn't nicities all the time. I rather favor the model envisioned by SCOTUS Justice Louis D Brandeis when in 1927 he wrote: “If there be time to expose through discussion, the falsehoods and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence.”

But I get it: this is a safe space, and as a thick-skinned retired beat cop who doesn't mince words, sometimes I overlook the fact that in today's social justice climate, feelings are what matter most and others might be easily offended at my point of view. The common term used in many quarters for the easily offended is "snowflake." I'll try and keep that in mind.

I'm not admitting that anything I've written has been violative of any rule of decorum, but you who run this site have absolute discretion to determine whether a message stays or goes. One thing you won't see from me, however, is reporting another person's "offensive" message in reply to my "offending" message. That's a low to which I won't bow.

Peace and blessings.

and yet a snowflake is so remarkable and beautiful but we use it for derogatory purpose. but i hear what you say [write/think]

I am reminded of:
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ecclesiastes 3:7

thank you for your reply.

As a matter of interest, and i am not having a go at you, Brother [ideas/thoughts come to me from and during interaction with others - as well as at other times] you ought to find this article interesting:

Grace and Peace in Jesus Christ

Bless you ....><>

Active
Greetings,

and yet a snowflake is so remarkable and beautiful but we use it for derogatory purpose. but i hear what you say [write/think]

I am reminded of:
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ecclesiastes 3:7

thank you for your reply.

As a matter of interest, and i am not having a go at you, Brother [ideas/thoughts come to me from and during interaction with others - as well as at other times] you ought to find this article interesting:

Grace and Peace in Jesus Christ

Bless you ....><>
Brother,

Indeed, a snowflake is a God-created thing of beauty. When I see the flakes fall I am reminded of their individuality, their uniqueness, and their collective relationship to each other, as well as their divine purpose in covering the earth. Much like the rainbow. Whenever I see it I am reminded that it is a gift from God to remind us of HIS promise.

But now, the snowflake and the rainbow are both appropriated to refer to two things that deny the truth - God's truth. The snowflake in reference to one's whose feelings are hurt by God's absolute truth, either from speaking or writing. The rainbow in reference to those who deny the absolute truth of God's divine order of all things related to marriage, gender, and relationships between male and female.

I pray for the lost and afraid always.

Peace and blessings.

Loyal
Regarding the use of the term 'snowflake' and references lately to the rainbow -- I'm on Facebook and lots of times -- lately -- those terms are used in a fairly derogatory way -- a 'snowflake' is usually used to describe someone who has very little backbone. Is easily offended. And the rainbow is used subtly to represent the gay rights movement / the various colors of their flag.

Society takes things that God created for our enjoyment / beauty -- the snowflake and the rainbow and uses them in disgraceful ways. Contrary to Scripture.

Just taking this moment to share.

Active
Brother,

Peace and blessings.
And I'm a retired miner, and trucker. Minced words don't really cut it...Blood brothers fight among themselves and still love one another..Family fights among themselves and still loves...This PC climate in this world is simply a demonic strategy to separate people....Let's not fall for Satans tactics. Ok?

Active
Regarding the use of the term 'snowflake' and references lately to the rainbow -- I'm on Facebook and lots of times -- lately -- those terms are used in a fairly derogatory way -- a 'snowflake' is usually used to describe someone who has very little backbone. Is easily offended. And the rainbow is used subtly to represent the gay rights movement / the various colors of their flag.

Society takes things that God created for our enjoyment / beauty -- the snowflake and the rainbow and uses them in disgraceful ways. Contrary to Scripture.

Just taking this moment to share.
You know of course that a snowflake is merely a piece of frozen water? and a rainbow is merely water? Snowflakes, and rainbows are legitimate words that have been around much longer than these gay snowflakes that fly a rainbow flag? Yes You do know that...LOL

Active
And I'm a retired miner, and trucker. Minced words don't really cut it...Blood brothers fight among themselves and still love one another..Family fights among themselves and still loves...This PC climate in this world is simply a demonic strategy to separate people....Let's not fall for Satans tactics. Ok?
Amen.

Active
I don't consider myself "anointed " at all.

I appreciate your forthrightness; but suspect that you may not be aware of the
gravity of your spiritual condition.

According to 1John 2:26-28, the anointing provides people with some valuable
advantages to which people who lack it of course have no access.

1» Protects people from deception

2» Enables people to grasp Jesus Christ's teachings the way he wants them grasped

3» Makes it possible for people to abide in him.

So then, we may safely conclude that folks lacking the anointing are vulnerable to
deception, unable to correctly comprehend the Bible and, are not abiding in Christ.

BTW: Rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses are taught they will never obtain the
anointing: neither in this life nor the next.
_

Loyal
@Beetow -- my spiritual condition is that of being a born again believer. A lot of people 'believe' a lot of things about God / Bible / salvation, etc. But they don't believe on a personal level -- in their Heart. They've never accepted Jesus Christ as their Personal Savior. He's not just the savior of the world, but He is The Savior and can be your Personal Savior. A heart belief.

Which also means that As a born again believer I Do have the Holy Spirit indwelling me. Apparently That is the same thing As being anointed. A Non born again person does Not have the Holy Spirit's indwelling and therefore does Not have a discerning Spirit.

The Holy Spirit gives insight into Scripture that the non believer does not have.

So -- I stand corrected -- I am anointed. The context I've heard 'anointed' in is someone called specificially to a certain ministry. So -- Maybe my anointing is to share Scripture / Gospel unto salvation here on Forum. To share doctrinal thruths Here.

Why bring up JW's. I'm definitely Not a JW. I Do happen to be conservative Baptist. And I know the exact moment that the Holy Spirit came to indwell me. And He's never left.

Active
I appreciate your forthrightness; but suspect that you may not be aware of the
gravity of your spiritual condition.

According to 1John 2:26-28, the anointing provides people with some valuable
advantages to which people who lack it of course have no access.

1» Protects people from deception

2» Enables people to grasp Jesus Christ's teachings the way he wants them grasped

3» Makes it possible for people to abide in him.

So then, we may safely conclude that folks lacking the anointing are vulnerable to
deception, unable to correctly comprehend the Bible and, are not abiding in Christ.

BTW: Rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses are taught they will never obtain the
anointing: neither in this life nor the next.
_
My friend...It's no mans place to judge the spritual condition of another. You don't want to overstep here....

Active
Okay. I'm all ears (eyes).
Let me ask you this...Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.....
vs 2 and the Earth became without form and void...

Tell me....Did God create the heavens and the Earth, or did He create all the materials for the job and then cover it all with water?
If you agree to the first scenario then its well possible that people lived on Earth previous to vs 2.
If, on the other hand, you agree to the second scenario, then the bible writers got something wrong in vs 1

So...What do you think?

The fact of the matter is...There is NO scripture that says there was a preAdamic race of humanlike people. But as I said somewhere... There are many many megalithic artifacts found that predate man by thousands of years... Baalbek...Stonehenge, There is one called "Adams Calendar which predates Stonehenge by many thousands of years....and many more...

Last edited:
Active
Let me ask you this...Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.....

Tell me....Did God create the heavens and the Earth, or did He create all the materials for the job and then cover it all with water?
If you agree to the first scenario then its well possible that people lived on Earth previous to vs 2.
If, on the other hand, you agree to the second scenario, then the bible writers got something wrong in vs 1

So...What do you think?
All we have is that which God gave to Moses, i.e.: In the beginning God created. After HE created the heaven and the earth, God spoke things into existence and took from the ground and created living beings. We are told of the order in which God created, and we are told God created man, and from man HE created woman, but nowhere does it say God created another man prior to God creating the first man (Adam).

Active

So...What do you think?

The fact of the matter is...There is NO scripture that says there was a preAdamic race of humanlike people. But as I said somewhere... There are many many megalithic artifacts found that predate man by thousands of years... Baalbek...Stonehenge, There is one called "Adams Calendar which predates Stonehenge by many thousands of years....and many more...
What Bible version says that: "and the Earth became without form and void"?

Active
What Bible version says that: "and the Earth became without form and void"?
Your bible says that...or it would if it was written in Hebrew.
Tohu wa -bohu, Earth “Was” or “Became,” Waste and Void?

By Rob Robinson on July 29, 2014 • ( 3 )

The Original Hebrew Reveals What God Is Saying In the Creation Of The Universe

When we conduct a serious study in the correct usage of the Hebrew language, we find that Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1, was not written as a collection of verses which describe the original creation of God.

The sentence, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth,” is an ending to God’s description of the creation of the universe. If it was intended as a part of God’s summary of the entire creation, then the second verse—”The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters”—would have been the beginning of the description of this creation. It is not. Verse 2 is a completely separate and distinct subject.

We See A Clear Example Of This In Genesis Chapter 5:

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.

Genesis 5:2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

Notice that the first verse of Genesis 5, “This is the book of the genealogy of Adam,” is immediately followed by the connecting words: “In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.” Notice that the second verse does not give us any details of the preceding verse, but is a separate and distinct event: “He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.”

We do not see this as clearly in the English translation of Genesis 1:1-2 as it is apparent in the original Hebrew translation.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”

bə·rê·šîṯ ’ĕ·lō·hîm bā·rā ’êṯ haš·šā·ma·yim wə·’êṯ hā·’ā·reṣ

Hebrew reads from right to left. Starting with the preposition “In,” which is always attached to the feminine noun “beginning.” This tells us that this is the original creation of the heavens and the earth, that is being spoken here as a separate and distinct event from all that follows. Also, it is worth noting that the word “Elohim” is plural, a compound unity of God. This is to say that God is One, but made up of more than one person.

The second verse is clearly intended as a separate and distinct statement about an event which took place at great distance from the original creation.

The earth was or became without form, and void;

wə·hā·’ā·reṣ hā·yə·ṯāh ṯō·hū wā·ḇō·hū,

The term “without form, and void” is preceded by the Hebrew word ha-ye-ta, which has been translate “was.” There is some evidence that ha-ye-ta could also be correctly translated as “became.”

It is interesting that those who have an agenda to prove that verse 2 of Genesis Chapter 1 is a part of the first verse—always translate hayeta as “was.” While at the same time they translate Genesis 19:26—where Lot’s wife turns back to look at Sodom—they translate hayeta as “became” (a pillar of salt). Both Genesis 1:2 and Genesis 19:6 use the same Hebrew word: hayeta; yet, one is translated “was” and the other, “became.”

This appears to be solely for the sake of convenience in proving that Genesis 1:2 is stating that the earth was in a state of formlessness, rather than something occurred which caused it to become formless and void.

Genesis 1:2 The earth was (hayeta) without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Genesis 19:26 But his wife looked back behind him, and she became (hayeta) a pillar of salt.

A point certain—since the Hebrew word hayeta may be translated as “became” in the context of Lot’s wife; it can also certainly be translated as “became,” in Genesis 1:2. You will read from some scholars that the Hebrew does not allow for the translation “became formless and void,” but this is simply not true. There are just as many Hebrew scholars who will adamantly declare that the Hebrew demands the translation “became.”

Sorry for the delay there....uh...no I'm not. I went out to play for a while...Not much strength right now so it was fairly short. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.