• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

who was on earth that would find Cain and kill him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
@ Admon -- there was no world prior to Genesis 1:3 We are simply being told that In the beginning God did create the heavens and the earth -- It was without form -- it was void. So God began His creative work. There are those who want to put a Gap Theory in. There simply isnt one.
'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was (or 'became') without form (tohu), and void (bohu);'
(Gen 1:1-2a)

Hello @Sue D,

I have not followed the thread so far, but I can guess what this is referring to,, and I simply would like to refer you to Isaiah 45:18:-

'For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens;
God Himself that formed the earth and made it;
He hath established it,
He created it NOT in vain,
He formed it to be inhabited:
I am the LORD; and there is none else.'

The word translated 'without form' in Genesis 1:2a is the same as that interpreted, 'in vain' in Isaiah 45:18. God did not create it 'vain', it 'was' (or 'became') so. It is believed that something occurred between the words of Genesis 1:1 and that of 1:2 to make it so. A judgement of God perhaps? We are not told, and I for one will not conjecture. 'The secret things belong unto the Lord our God' (Deut 29:29).

* bohu - H922
* tohu - H8414

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Active
You may have to explain your point...Just pretend I have dementia and use little words....:confused:
Here's what you wrote: "Everything is divisible by 7 Enoch, and Jasher and the other books that are good reads too, are not written by that formula...the number of words, the number of letters, the number of chapters, the number of periods, commas, sentences..all of it..."

The manuscripts of the original autographs do not contain chapter, verse, sentence breaks, punctuation, etc.

Chapters were not introduced until a translator used them in the 13th century. Verses were added in the 16th century. Punctuations came by way of translation from Greek to English or Latin or Deutch.

Active
Here's what you wrote: "Everything is divisible by 7 Enoch, and Jasher and the other books that are good reads too, are not written by that formula...the number of words, the number of letters, the number of chapters, the number of periods, commas, sentences..all of it..."

The manuscripts of the original autographs do not contain chapter, verse, sentence breaks, punctuation, etc.

Chapters were not introduced until a translator used them in the 13th century. Verses were added in the 16th century. Punctuations came by way of translation from Greek to English or Latin or Deutch.
Ah! Thank you Jerry I was lost there....I just broke it down to show what I meant by 'a formula' of sevens. You're right...There were no chapters in the original...but there was punctuation....and letters and and and....

Active
Ah! Thank you Jerry I was lost there....I just broke it down to show what I meant by 'a formula' of sevens. You're right...There were no chapters in the original...but there was punctuation....and letters and and and....
Very little if any punctuation, all run-on sentence structure, and words and complete phrases were added by scribes and by translators.

Active
Very little if any punctuation, all run-on sentence structure, and words and complete phrases were added by scribes and by translators.
Punctuation was there....Jesus himself said "Not one jot or tittle would be missed They all have meaning....That would include a ' or a " or a ײ֟

Active
Punctuation was there....Jesus himself said "Not one jot or tittle would be missed They all have meaning....That would include a ' or a " or a ײ֟
The nikkud of the Hebrew alphabet, the signs used to represent vowels or distinguish between alternative pronunciations of letters of the Hebrew alphabet, was not used 2000 years ago. And all of the New Testament manuscripts are in Greek. The Greek manuscripts all use the word ἰῶτα, which is translated iota, and further translated for the anglicized word jot, and the Greek manuscripts all use the word κεραία, which is translated keraia, and further translated for the anglicized word tittle (but actually means stroke of a letter).

The Hebrew letter Yod, anglicized as jot, is the smallest letter in the Hebrew aleph bet and looks like this: י

Tittle, is not a punctuation mark as we in the Aglicized world know punctiations. Rather it is a smaller stroke than the letter yod, and is best compared to the dot on the English letter i.

Accordingly, a jot and tittle were simple small strokes of the pen either to form the letter yod or to form finish other letters; they are not punctuation marks.

Active
The nikkud of the Hebrew alphabet, the signs used to represent vowels or distinguish between alternative pronunciations of letters of the Hebrew alphabet, was not used 2000 years ago. And all of the New Testament manuscripts are in Greek. The Greek manuscripts all use the word ἰῶτα, which is translated iota, and further translated for the anglicized word jot, and the Greek manuscripts all use the word κεραία, which is translated keraia, and further translated for the anglicized word tittle (but actually means stroke of a letter).

The Hebrew letter Yod, angkucized as jot, is the smallest letter in the Hebrew and looks like this: י

Tittle, is not a punctuation mark as we in the Aglicized world know punctiations. Rather it is a smaller stroke than the letter yod, and is best compared to the dot on the English letter i.

Accordingly, a jot and tittle were simple small strokes of the pen either to form the letter yod or to form finish other letters; they are not punctuation marks.
Yes I know

Loyal
In other words -- the 'formula of 7's" doesn't really exist. It's an idea that came from somewhere to try to explain the importance of those books such as Jasher.

The language translators had a huge job of translating from Greek and Hebrew and some Armaic to Latin and then to specific languages so we could read in our own language. The complication arises because no two languages have the same alphabet. And the translator Also has figures of speech to deal with from one language to another. They want to get the Bible / God's Word translated as accurately as possible so that people in those other languages can understand salvation -- 1st of all. Who God is -- Jesus Christ. etc.

For instance, in the Spanish language -- lots of letters Are the same -- but there are more letters in one than in the other. And some are Different. And the ways of pronouncing them are different. And the sentence structure is different. So, in the process of translating -- some of the connecting words have to be added, etc. I started learning Spanish some years ago -- it's fun -- and somewhat easy compared to some of the other languages. I'm thinking it's Chinese that's based on symbols. And Russian is considered one of the harder of all the languages to learn.

And, we are to Not change anything in God's Words. Keep what is there and do not remove any of it. Just because we don't agree with some aspect Of God's Word does not mean we ignore it or make a copy without that particular teaching in it. And we are not to add what other people think. There are belief systems that take the KJV and add the teachings of church leaders to it. The Pearl of Great Price is one example -- or the Book of Mormon -- to make God's Word 'more complete'. Well -- God's Word is complete in itself.

And, yes, to Post # 108

Active
In other words -- the 'formula of 7's" doesn't really exist. It's an idea that came from somewhere to try to explain the importance of those books such as Jasher.

The language translators had a huge job of translating from Greek and Hebrew and some Armaic to Latin and then to specific languages so we could read in our own language. The complication arises because no two languages have the same alphabet. And the translator Also has figures of speech to deal with from one language to another. They want to get the Bible / God's Word translated as accurately as possible so that people in those other languages can understand salvation -- 1st of all. Who God is -- Jesus Christ. etc.

For instance, in the Spanish language -- lots of letters Are the same -- but there are more letters in one than in the other. And some are Different. And the ways of pronouncing them are different. And the sentence structure is different. So, in the process of translating -- some of the connecting words have to be added, etc. I started learning Spanish some years ago -- it's fun -- and somewhat easy compared to some of the other languages. I'm thinking it's Chinese that's based on symbols. And Russian is considered one of the harder of all the languages to learn.

And, we are to Not change anything in God's Words. Keep what is there and do not remove any of it. Just because we don't agree with some aspect Of God's Word does not mean we ignore it or make a copy without that particular teaching in it. And we are not to add what other people think. There are belief systems that take the KJV and add the teachings of church leaders to it. The Pearl of Great Price is one example -- or the Book of Mormon -- to make God's Word 'more complete'. Well -- God's Word is complete in itself.

And, yes, to Post # 108
No....I was talking about the bible written in the original language is written according to a formula...All sevens... Yes....of course we read it in our own language.

Loyal
@Admon -- how about 'this' -- God inspired men of His choosing to write what the Holy Spirit told them to write. God's Word is perfect / complete. 2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

And we have 2 Peter 1:20 - 21 "knowing this first, that no prophesy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, vs 21 for prophesy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.:

And there Are those who get into the 'numerics' of Scripture. They see significance in Every number. People can get caught up in all sorts of things.

Loyal
@Admon -- I was just Googling it and found his article listed. He said that some are even 'hidden'. I've clicked into your article. Well -- enjoy. I might tune in later. It's time to eat.

Loyal
And there Are those who get into the 'numerics' of Scripture. They see significance in Every number.
Ivan Panin > Bible Numerics and E.W. Bullinger Number In Scripture both absolutely fascinating academic works on the complexities of numbers and arithmetic use by God to seal his Word.
God is the great mathematician from galaxies and DNA to biology - did you know every single bird egg hatches in multiples of 7 days - 7, 14, 21, 28.
Look up the Golden Ratio - Fibonacci (Leonardo of Pisa)
" In 2010, the journal Science reported that the golden ratio is present at the atomic scale in the magnetic resonance of spins in cobalt niobate crystals." Wikipedia

Loyal
Numbers in scripture to seal and protect the Word of God - not so fanciful
look at all the uses of 40 days or three days ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.