• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Who Is The Old Man?

Loyal
@Bendito,

It's the whole purpose of me being on this forum. I enjoy the study and reading of the word and nothing else really interests me. Don't like writing, but I'm forced to. One-on-one conversations I enjoy and group talks. It doesn't really matter about my carnal skills; I can guarantee - whatever I set my hand to do will prosper. Never have written like this before so be patience. Oh... I do read your posts. Sometimes I'm battling so I do get distracted in focusing. But overall, I'm pleased when I go back and read some of the conversations. So if yaw desire to continue to talk crazy, it strengthens me, continue being yourselves.
So far I can handle the conversations too. LOL I won't dump you.

Active
@Bendito,
So far I can handle the conversations too. LOL I won't dump you.

If any man likes a challenge and they're competitive, Satan is the ultimate opponent. Bendito, though you have been gifted with a mouthpiece and the gift of gab, I've learned to leave that in the streets. True no man can fight Satan alone, but when God gave us the light of His word, it gave us everything we need to love and kill with kindness. Before... Satan was hurting folk in everyday life - in deception and emotional turmoil, but once God gave us a choice, and we took hold of His truth; it was over. To know God's word and walk in it accordingly - is to know victory. You don't have to understand the full scope of faith, all you have to do is see how God gives you the spiritual victory over emotional situation through His word. Once the choice is made to conform to His image and obey His word through actions of faith, rest and peace of mind settles in. But it's our job to protect it and not let it get away from us. Satan is coming to steal it as soon as someone steals your car, or curses you out or whatever other weapons the devil uses to win you back to be under his deceptive ways. It's by faith and not by sight the victory comes and gives us peace that is beyond comprehension. Let God be true (through His Word) and every man a liar.

Romans 3:4
...yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou are judged.

Loyal
@Bendito,

If any man likes a challenge and they're competitive, Satan is the ultimate opponent. Bendito, though you have been gifted with a mouthpiece and the gift of gab, I've learned to leave that in the streets. True no man can fight Satan alone, but when God gave us the light of His word, it gave us everything we need to love and kill with kindness. Before... Satan was hurting folk in everyday life - in deception and emotional turmoil, but once God gave us a choice, and we took hold of His truth; it was over. To know God's word and walk in it accordingly - is to know victory. You don't have to understand the full scope of faith, all you have to do is see how God gives you the spiritual victory over emotional situation through His word. Once the choice is made to conform to His image and obey His word through actions of faith, rest and peace of mind settles in. But it's our job to protect it and not let it get away from us. Satan is coming to steal it as soon as someone steals your car, or curses you out or whatever other weapons the devil uses to win you back to be under his deceptive ways. It's by faith and not by sight the victory comes and gives us peace that is beyond comprehension. Let God be true (through His Word) and every man a liar.

Romans 3:4
...yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou are judged.
Hmmm Words may be my strong point but not a gift of gab...I usually talk little, very little. I do write however never to deceive or confuse. That's the what you intimated...now, is that the way you meant it?

Active
@Wired 4 Fishen,
In the Flesh vs after the flesh
Both mean you are doing things in a fleshly manner.

When a person is in the flesh, they are not born again. A person that lives "after" the flesh - scripture teaches they are born again believers. They're living a lifestyle after a nature that they are not a part of. When a person is "IN"the flesh, that is their nature.

Romans 7:5
For when we were (past tense) "IN" the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our bodies to bring forth fruit unto death.

When you were "IN" the flesh the fruit of sin worked in you because you were under the law. The carnal law of Moses was for those in the flesh. The Law of Moses was a carnal covenant dealing only with the carnal man temporarily. This is because Jesus would come and clean the spirit and heart of man giving him new heart and a new spirit.

Ezekiel 36:26
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will "take away" the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The new heart is incorruptible and cannot be defiled. This is another reason a believer cannot sin.

1 Peter 3:4
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is "not corruptible," even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

What makes all believers a new creation, is from birth, everyman was born with a heart of sin because they inherited it from Adam. But once we became born again, we received a new heart which is sin free and perfect from sin because we inherited our heart from Christ. We also received the Holy Ghost which no man had since Adam. When Adam sinned God left him and sin took His place in Adam. Once born again, Satan leaves our heart because we received a new heart where Satan can never get to because Christ resides there. Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Ghost. If a believer sinned, it would not be possible for the body of Christ to be perfect apart from sin.

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1 Corinthians 6:20
For ye are bought with a price:therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Active
@Bendito,
Hmmm Words may be my strong point but not a gift of gab...I usually talk little, very little. I do write however never to deceive or confuse. That's the what you intimated...now, is that the way you meant it?

To me, you've been gabbing ever since I've been on this forum. But that's you... Maybe it's a reaction... I know you've had times fighting the enemy and one day I saw you take control back. Anyway... my thoughts

Loyal
@Bendito,

To me, you've been gabbing ever since I've been on this forum. But that's you... Maybe it's a reaction... I know you've had times fighting the enemy and one day I saw you take control back. Anyway... my thoughts
So ok. What you're saying is that what I have to say is not worth your time...At least you're honest. I'm sorry you don't like the truth though.

Active
@Bendito,
So ok. What you're saying is that what I have to say is not worth your time...At least you're honest. I'm sorry you don't like the truth though.

Nope... Everytime I listen to or read any of these posts it's worth my time. Every man is right in his own eyes and I understand that according to scripture. My thing is scripture is where the truth lies. We are told to seek scripture as it's hid treasure to get understanding. I say use as many scriptures as possible to unravel the truth. My thing is most don't feel the need to figure out the mystery of Godliness through scripture. It seems it's frowned on to seek understanding through many scriptures. Opinions are popular.

Loyal
When a person is in the flesh, they are not born again. A person that lives "after" the flesh - scripture teaches they are born again believers. They're living a lifestyle after a nature that they are not a part of. When a person is "IN"the flesh, that is their nature.

Romans 7:5
For when we were (past tense)

When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death.

Staff Member

Greetings young man,

So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.
1Corinthians 3:7

Pilate asked Jesus, "What is truth?"

Grace and Peace... the wisdom from above is first....?

Bless you ....><>

Whoever tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who looks after his master will be honored.
Proverbs 27:18

13Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. 14But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. 17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. James 3:13-18

Active
@Wired4Fishen,
[
When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced a harvest of sinful deeds, resulting in death.

Do you see these same desires at work in you after being born again? Do you still believe you sin? If the answer is yes, then Romans 7:5 is still a reality in your life. The only difference is you believe Jesus took away the penalty of sin, which is death, but you don't believe Jesus took away the cause of the penalty which would be sin.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of "sin" and "death."

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Loyal
You and I are new creations. This man was not born and raised to know all about living this way, for my flesh resisted into adulthood. Growing up seems a lot easier than the transition into the Way, as I remember ways of learning like using memory cards to learn to add numbers. But when I began to comprehend who Jesus is, I entered into a realm of existence college didn't prepare me for. No job prepared me for this life. I plunged into it when the Father called me to Jesus.

I was a lost man when I met Jesus. When I say that it startles folks. Some folks don't like admitting that. My Old Man knew it without being coached to understand it all the days I remeber in my youth. I experienced Jesus in me, and submitted to public baptism in water as an adult, though at age twelve was baptised without understanding. Everything is new, of a different kingdom now. But there's a sad part that can't just go away, and that is this body of mine must die, reaping what I sowed by any sin I committed, death being the wages of sin. He is still there, accountable for sin, waiting to die the first death, as will my body he used too, if the Lord tarries, which I suppose is quite natural since many people I knew did that with or without Christ. So that old self is well buried, quite unnaturally.

Thank God that Old Man is at least now dead to sin in that I have power by the Holy Spirit in me to keep him powerless, in his grave lying there undead physically. I know because I left him in that lake water in 1976. I now will not plan to yield my body to sin like he liked to do. I know the remedy if I do sin. But that doesn't make my body live as long as I would prefer. I am not that Old Man any longer, but a new man in Christ in this same aging flesh body, reckoning, accounting by the word of God that former self is dead, buried, and this new man arose with Jesus to new life.

Nothing about this life in Christ is natural. The natural fails us, body and soul and spirit. What I, the real me inside this body of flesh, have now is eternal life, a wonderful hope, a healed conscience, a satisfied memory to which God has added explanations, understanding, forgiveness, cleansing, and growing love for people who helped me along the way, who at the time I might not have appreciated enough. That isn't natural either, but is the work of God renewing my mind.

There is no other human "nature" entity, no dual living persona, the "Old Man" being the former mindset that was corrupted the first quarter of my life. That is best described by personifying it as a creature. I was changed inwardly by the greatest miracle of all.

such a wise man you are such a blessing to this community we have here in cyber space

Active
@Dave,

Dave you said:
we have shown you scripture time and time again and you dont accept it, here is what you have said in the few months I have seen you post.

you cant stop sinning no one can

sin is not sin for believers its just wrong

you never sin

sin does not exist for believers

sin does not bother you, you do not hate sin

you are not conscious of sin
***************************************************************************************

You have not shown me even "one" scripture that denounces or contradicts the scriptures I presented to you about Jesus "taking away sins." The only thing you show me in scripture, you have not or cannot explain yourselves. I know you can't answer them because I've asked you to? You've showed me scriptures saying people sin when they are under the law, or Paul talking to people without understanding between the law and Grace. If a person knows to do good and does not do it it's sin. You yourself don't know "HOW" to do good because if you did you would not sin. God's Grace is there because you don't know how to do good. If you knew how to do good you would not need Grace.

What you wrote above is your way of finding comfort in believing I've contradict myself. Keep it in context and you may gain revelation knowledge.

Loyal
You have not shown me even "one" scripture that denounces or contradicts the scriptures I presented to you about Jesus "taking away sins.

you just dont understand what the scripture means, most all on here have tried to show you the light but you refuse to see it.

The only thing you show me in scripture, you have not or cannot explain yourselves. I know you can't answer them because I've asked you to
what there to explain all wrong doing is sin you deny that

You've showed me scriptures saying people sin when they are under the law, or Paul talking to people without understanding between the law and Grace. If a person knows to do good and does not do it it's sin. You yourself don't know "HOW" to do good because if you did you would not sin.
you have said you cant stop sinning, me I actually can and do stop sinning but am a sinner

What you wrote above is your way of finding comfort in believing I've contradict myself. Keep it in context and you may gain revelation knowledge.
Its painful to watch your prideful and ignorgant post on here, when everyone on here has tried to show you the light, you deny scripture given to daily on your wrong appraoch.

What did you mean when you say you could not stop sinning no one can ?????

Active
@Dave,
you just dont understand what the scripture means, most all on here have tried to show you the light but you what there to explain all wrong doing is sin you deny that you have said you cant stop sinning, me I actually can and do stop sinning but am a sinner
Its painful to watch your prideful and ignorgant post on here, when everyone on here has tried to show you the light, you deny scripture given to daily on your wrong appraoch.

When you go back and read my posts in context it will refresh your memory and give you a clear understanding of what I said. Right now you have taken out of context much of what I've said.

Did you read the context? If you are bothered with me when I say, "I don't sin, but commit "unfruitful" works," and that's all I've posted since I've been posting on this site. Then "you say"- (not me), but you say, I said the above, "ONE TIME;" this tells me you are not bringing this "one time" post up to seriously understand my position of belief, but only to stay upset within yourself through your own confusion and bewilderment. You know what I have believed from gate. also, why didn't you post what I said in its context?

Staff Member
Greetings dear learned gentlemen on this thread

Your tone is becoming rather strained with each other....it neednt as scripture is clear.
Read Colossians 3......Paul is exhorting believers.

Our standing with Christ is clear....we are washed in the blood of the Lamb and made righteous.
We still have the choice to walk after the flesh or Spirit even though sin has no dominion over us
Whilst we still have an earthly corruptible body we need to daily war against the flesh and crucify the old man.

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created Him:

Colossians 3:1-10

Active
The world is obscessed with the things of the world, while the folks posting here are not doing that. We are minding spiritual things. I pray one day we all turn our spiritual radio back on and find we are all on the same channel by a work of the Holy Spirit, singing the same songs. It would be best for the world, to whom, like it or not, we minister to from this chat.

Romans 8:1-9 (KJV)
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

I am convinced it is not possible for any of us living in this body of flesh to even pray right all the time, as I know the Holy Spirit takes on the matter of our very prayers, fixing even those uttered or thought that are contrary to God's will, asking amiss. He knows that will perfectly, and intercedes for us. I am convinced that none of us is perfect in faith yet, either, for the bar is raised whenever we think we have arrived. If we were so perfect we'd be in the news daily doing great miracles, saving crowds of sinners.

Whatever is not of faith is sin! Can anyone say everything they do is true faith in action? Do we all meet a need of every brother, or do we sometimes wish him well instead? Would we treat an orphan to a Sunday meal, or take a widow to the restaurant? Is our life summed up in a house, mostly at the computer pecking out unspoken words? What are we doing for others eye to eye?

Not long ago at a funeral a loved one asked me if I did what Jesus did. I said spontaneously "I do what Jesus says to do." She then asked me to raise her father from his coffin. I didn't try. All I could do was was hug her. All I could think was the man had been prepared by the mortician, so how....how? I won't judge anyone else not raising the dead. Why don't I try? Maybe some fine day I will. Do any here raise the dead as commanded by Jesus? I've never seen it done, and none taught me. Am I a sinner? I won't stop going to funerals, but.....Will God help me, forgive me? What else am I not doing that I should do as a matter of faith? It's issues like that which cause me to be quiet when a Christian has to deal with the possibility of a sin in his life. I know none of us is capable of never sinning even out of neglect, but that the Holy Spirit is my teacher, my deliverer, my comforter. My hope is not in my own ability, but His.