• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

When was Adam created

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
It IS true that being out in the sun Too long Can produce sunburn -- have experienced that myself a time or two. But that Does heal and the person's skin returns to it's 'normal' color. And besides the sunburn is the skin turning pink / burning. And with some people their skin doesn't turn pink and burn -- it turns Tan. Some people who are out in the sun a Lot do have beautiful Tan skin.

Traveling long distances on foot Isn't going to change the pigment of a person's skin.

But inter-marrying -- people of various skin colors marrying other people of Other skin colors Will affect the skin color of their children. That's plain genetics.

And all of this Did start with the people being dispursed into various language groups and thus -- over time -- various colorations , etc, did develop.
Dear Sue,

I feel you are trying to apply logic of a lifetime not logic over a period.

What I am trying to explain is, when God scattered the people across the world after mixing their talking, babbling, language at Babel, they were scattered in the colour they were at that time, most likely middle eastern complexion and colour.

After arriving where ever they did, some Russia, some China, some India, some Europe, some South Africa, some Norway and the north. At first they were the colour they were scattered, but 'over time', generation after generation, there bodies became accustomed to the weather, the sun, the sun light, in the warm areas more so, in the hottest areas more extreme, in the cool areas less sun light, in the icy areas even less, so 'over time', generation after generation, their bodies changed colour. After all they didn't travel much, travel has only really increased in the last 50-100 years. I was not saying the people at that time got more sun so got sun burnt.

We appreciate intermarriage of colours in our day and age change the colour of siblings, we were looking at the time from Babel for the 1000's of years after they had been scattered all over the world.

Hopefully I have explained this a little better what I was trying to say.

At the end of the day, we don't know, God who scattered then and mixed their language could have changed their skin colour, what we do know is scripture only mentions their language and scattering, it doesn't mention skin colour.

Bless you

Loyal
It IS true that being out in the sun Too long Can produce sunburn -- have experienced that myself a time or two. But that Does heal and the person's skin returns to it's 'normal' color. And besides the sunburn is the skin turning pink / burning. And with some people their skin doesn't turn pink and burn -- it turns Tan. Some people who are out in the sun a Lot do have beautiful Tan skin.

I Did Google where the black skin color Did come from. With Noah -- he got to drinking and got drunk and fell asleep and one of his sons saw him in his tent naked -- his 'manhood' was not covered and Noah woke up and became aware of it. He pronounced a curse on Ham's son, Canaan. The Canaanite people were black. The Canaanites were destroyed. on the Other hand, there were Cushite people close to that region also. and They were black people. Moses married a Cushite / black woman -- Moses' sister criticized him for marrying a black woman and God caused her to have leprosy.

You seem to do a lot of Googling Sue, sometimes it is good, sometimes the information is not necessarily true.

Oh, come on now -- If traveling in hot sun for years produced black-skinned people-- wouldn't we All be a shade of black?!

Anyway -- I can understand your concern about My comment -- it sounds racist -- but God didn't pronounce the 'curse' -- Noah did.

I think it is dangerous to say they could be black due to sinning of some sort, what about yellow and other colours. We are all God's children but not all children of God.

To me Sue I feel it does sound racist, standing outside the picture, if I was black skinned I would be offended sister. I didn't mention it being racist, I just said, I think it is dangerous to say...

I've been flipping back and forth between Google articles -- seems that Africa is south -- or at least close by where the Cushite people were. And land of Africa is definitely Black. The Why? we really Don't know. Except that Black people have endured great hardships due to being taken from their home country centuries ago and became slaves in This country.

Yes Sue, Africa is a very hot country that was why I chose hot and cold countries in my example.

We look at why people are white, pale complexion, why people are black skinned, dark complexion, what about the chines and Japanese areas, where they are yellowish?

Traveling long distances on foot Isn't going to change the pigment of a person's skin.

I didn't say that Sue, read my post above.

Bless you

Active
At no point in the Bible is racial purity emphasised as part of Jesus' identity. Matthew's genealogy goes out of its way to highlight that the bloodline is not pure.

Any suggestion of supremacy of races is dangerous and completely contrary to the gospel.

And let me make a common sense observation that God would not have placed a white man and woman naked in a garden in the middle east. The sunburn would have been terrible.

Boy, you all are sure trying to explain it all away about the different colors of skin that different races have. God created all of them that way because He wanted them that way. God made the red man the Blackman, the white man, the yellow man, and any other color man there is. God loves each and every one.

All the sun that one would get from being in a sunny part of the world, would give them more tan look but if they were taken out of the sunny climate, they’d turn back to their natural color.

I know that when a dark skin and a light skin mate you can get a blend of the two but it can also produce a dark skin or a light skin offspring. It won’t be consistent color like a true race would be. It wasn’t to long a go I watched an enter view with a Caucasian man who was born to a black couple. His other brothers and sisters were all dark but he looked Caucasian with Caucasian features. That’s the way it is when you mix genetics together, it will birth a range of varieties in skin color and other features. A true race will always produce the same skin color and tone. God’s law of kind after kind.

As mentioned earlier, you will never fit the puzzle of Gods creation to fit together if you stay with the idea that Adam and Eve were the very first male and female created and all the other races of people came from them. It won’t fly like that because it’s not the true.

All the different races in this world were created by God Almighty on the sixth day of creation. These were the gentile races and God loves them all.

God is going to form a special man and woman on the eighth day for the purpose of birthing Christ into this world, their names are Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were the beginning of the Israelites people, God’s chosen people. They were chosen to preform a task for God. Their task was to learn God’s word and go out spread the word to the other races. And secondly they were the family that the Christ would be born to upon this earth.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
It's all in genetics -- recissive and dominant genes. In the case of the caucasion man born to a black couple. And there was Also a white couple and the wife gave birth to a black baby. That raised a Lot of 'eyebrows' -- she 'swore up and down' that she had Not had an affair. As they searched through the family history -- in a Very serious way -- it was discovered that several generations back a black person Had entered into the family tree and the black had chosen 'now' to pop back up.

And, then -- there was a young lady who had gone off to college -- her parents were a really nice couple -- had several older kids. This one daughter had come back pregnant. She came with her parents in front of the church in a very repentent way. People were very forgiving. And then her baby was born. A very Black baby. The father's identity had never come up. Since she was in college -- she met students from all over. But everyone just assumed that she'd gotten involved with another white student. Then a black baby was born and Oh, my. Then they had a baby dedication service. The father and his parents came. It was a small church -- it was probably the challenge of this young pastors' career. They were nice people and were friendly. They were never back again. And I think she gave their baby to the baby's father and his family to raise. And I think their daughter either got a job somewhere else -- maybe back to college.

Back when integration became a Big thing -- it was a huge mistake -- the first students who were bussed into a white or black school. It was one of the two.

I'm not a racists by any stretch. But I Do believe that those of various races Should be learning with their same race of students. And it's interesting -- lots of different countries are caucasion -- My ancestors were Swedish and Germans. Same color -- no one thinks anything about it. But mix a hispanic person in or a black person in and it''s Obvious that there's a difference. Where I live -- there is Lots of inter-racial marriage. hispanic and white. but black on white -- a Big difference and at times it does not go over very well.

Back 20 yrs ago or so -- my oldest daughter -- very attractive young lady -- had a very black young man student showing interest in her. She asked her Dad about it. He said that around Here it would probably work. But move Out of this area -- or go up to Iowa where the rest of our family lived and you'd Probably meet with some resistence. Back up in Iowa all those years ago -- there was a definite separation of blacks and white. Separated by the main river going through town. One side was strictly 'white' and the other pretty much all black but there was a white subdivision Also --so That high school had a combination of black and white students. Every year there was the East/West football game and Every year there was extra police presence cause Every year there were fights. So - we cautioned our daughter to probably Not encourage the friendship with the really nice but black young man.

Back in the small town that I live in -- back - years ago -- I was told that there was a black , white and hispanic schools. Separate schools. Then, apparently someone decided that all three schools couldn't afford to stay open. Not enough teachers available. So they all joined together.

Also -- in another area we lived in for a while -- there was a very up-class neighborhood. We got to know some of the people and there was one mixed black/ white couple. Young and successful. They didn't 'see' color and as a result no one around them really noticed either. When ya got to know them - they really complimented each other.

Now -- If I come across as being somewhat 'racist' I certainly don't Mean to. It's just that I Did grow up in a very separated area. Right after high school I went to a small local business college -- the very few black students sat at a table by themselves. They didn't interact with us or us with them. No hostility -- just no interaction. There Was one young black student who Did show some friendliness to Me. He was Very good-looking Very personable. I sort of wondered what he was up to. He didn't pay any attention to the other students. The annual East /West game was coming up and he actually asked me to go with him. Of course I politely said no. And Then he was approached by the college president. Remember -- it was a tiny college. And then he wasn't around any longer. THEN there was an article in the city newpaper. It seemed that there were several black guys who were targoting various students at various colleges around the area. Their plan was to inter act With and then start Problems as a black/ white 'couple'. They were arrested -- pictures in paper -- low and behold this guy was one of them. And that was some 50 years ago. up in Iowa.

Wasn't really planning to share all of this.

God created Adam and Eve in the middle-eastern part of the world. so they were of That skin-tone.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
You seem to do a lot of Googling Sue, sometimes it is good, sometimes the information is not necessarily true.

I think it is dangerous to say they could be black due to sinning of some sort, what about yellow and other colours. We are all God's children but not all children of God.

To me Sue I feel it does sound racist, standing outside the picture, if I was black skinned I would be offended sister. I didn't mention it being racist, I just said, I think it is dangerous to say...

Yes Sue, Africa is a very hot country that was why I chose hot and cold countries in my example.

We look at why people are white, pale complexion, why people are black skinned, dark complexion, what about the chines and Japanese areas, where they are yellowish?

I didn't say that Sue, read my post above.

Bless you

Yes, I Do use Google when I want to and I Do look up lots of Scripture. And, of course a person needs to discriminate as to what articles are good or not. A person can see what the source of articles Are and go from there.

Do You do any internet researching? It's interesting -- and I Do learn a lot.

That's one of the things about Forums -- poster are as anonymous as they want to be.

And I was also Googling about how Africa became 'black'. Actually it's mainly that That's where the darkest of the black people had come from. But as the black marry other black people -- they retain their 'blackness'.

And I don't mean to be offensive -- but there Are subjects that no one ever wants To talk about which is kind of a shame -- Everyone can learn a lot.

I was around Hispanic people for the 1st time when we moved down here about 30 yrs. ago. We were at a park one day -- kids were in school. There was an Hispanic couple sitting at a nearby picnic table. They were speaking Spanish and it felt like we were in a foreign country.

Loyal
Yes, I Do use Google when I want to and I Do look up lots of Scripture. And, of course a person needs to discriminate as to what articles are good or not. A person can see what the source of articles Are and go from there.

Do You do any internet researching? It's interesting -- and I Do learn a lot.

That's one of the things about Forums -- poster are as anonymous as they want to be.

And I was also Googling about how Africa became 'black'. Actually it's mainly that That's where the darkest of the black people had come from. But as the black marry other black people -- they retain their 'blackness'.

And I don't mean to be offensive -- but there Are subjects that no one ever wants To talk about which is kind of a shame -- Everyone can learn a lot.

I was around Hispanic people for the 1st time when we moved down here about 30 yrs. ago. We were at a park one day -- kids were in school. There was an Hispanic couple sitting at a nearby picnic table. They were speaking Spanish and it felt like we were in a foreign country.

Not often Sue, not scriptural research anyway, you have to be very careful when Googling scripture, you only have to look on here how believers can have different opions, with Google search you can multiply that 1000's of times.

I am blessed, I have a good library in WordSearch 12 Bible software, just checked there are...

Summary info: Your library contains 877 books, made up of 2073 total volumes.

There are a lot of books I use for research, time allowing, I have far more than I will ever read, it just means when searching I can choose numerous Bible versions, 29 I think, but I also have a lot of commentaries, study aids, devotions, lessons and much more.

I use the software for my reading and study every day.

Bless you

Loyal
It's all in genetics -- recissive and dominant genes. In the case of the caucasion man born to a black couple. And there was Also a white couple and the wife gave birth to a black baby. That raised a Lot of 'eyebrows' -- she 'swore up and down' that she had Not had an affair. As they searched through the family history -- in a Very serious way -- it was discovered that several generations back a black person Had entered into the family tree and the black had chosen 'now' to pop back up.

And, then -- there was a young lady who had gone off to college -- her parents were a really nice couple -- had several older kids. This one daughter had come back pregnant. She came with her parents in front of the church in a very repentent way. People were very forgiving. And then her baby was born. A very Black baby. The father's identity had never come up. Since she was in college -- she met students from all over. But everyone just assumed that she'd gotten involved with another white student. Then a black baby was born and Oh, my. Then they had a baby dedication service. The father and his parents came. It was a small church -- it was probably the challenge of this young pastors' career. They were nice people and were friendly. They were never back again. And I think she gave their baby to the baby's father and his family to raise. And I think their daughter either got a job somewhere else -- maybe back to college.

Back when integration became a Big thing -- it was a huge mistake -- the first students who were bussed into a white or black school. It was one of the two.

I'm not a racists by any stretch. But I Do believe that those of various races Should be learning with their same race of students. And it's interesting -- lots of different countries are caucasion -- My ancestors were Swedish and Germans. Same color -- no one thinks anything about it. But mix a hispanic person in or a black person in and it''s Obvious that there's a difference. Where I live -- there is Lots of inter-racial marriage. hispanic and white. but black on white -- a Big difference and at times it does not go over very well.

Back 20 yrs ago or so -- my oldest daughter -- very attractive young lady -- had a very black young man student showing interest in her. She asked her Dad about it. He said that around Here it would probably work. But move Out of this area -- or go up to Iowa where the rest of our family lived and you'd Probably meet with some resistence. Back up in Iowa all those years ago -- there was a definite separation of blacks and white. Separated by the main river going through town. One side was strictly 'white' and the other pretty much all black but there was a white subdivision Also --so That high school had a combination of black and white students. Every year there was the East/West football game and Every year there was extra police presence cause Every year there were fights. So - we cautioned our daughter to probably Not encourage the friendship with the really nice but black young man.

Back in the small town that I live in -- back - years ago -- I was told that there was a black , white and hispanic schools. Separate schools. Then, apparently someone decided that all three schools couldn't afford to stay open. Not enough teachers available. So they all joined together.

Also -- in another area we lived in for a while -- there was a very up-class neighborhood. We got to know some of the people and there was one mixed black/ white couple. Young and successful. They didn't 'see' color and as a result no one around them really noticed either. When ya got to know them - they really complimented each other.

Now -- If I come across as being somewhat 'racist' I certainly don't Mean to. It's just that I Did grow up in a very separated area. Right after high school I went to a small local business college -- the very few black students sat at a table by themselves. They didn't interact with us or us with them. No hostility -- just no interaction. There Was one young black student who Did show some friendliness to Me. He was Very good-looking Very personable. I sort of wondered what he was up to. He didn't pay any attention to the other students. The annual East /West game was coming up and he actually asked me to go with him. Of course I politely said no. And Then he was approached by the college president. Remember -- it was a tiny college. And then he wasn't around any longer. THEN there was an article in the city newpaper. It seemed that there were several black guys who were targoting various students at various colleges around the area. Their plan was to inter act With and then start Problems as a black/ white 'couple'. They were arrested -- pictures in paper -- low and behold this guy was one of them. And that was some 50 years ago. up in Iowa.

Wasn't really planning to share all of this.

God created Adam and Eve in the middle-eastern part of the world. so they were of That skin-tone.

There are so many us'n'thems in the world, people judge others by colour of skin, the way they look, the way they dress and talk, etc. etc.

But if we looked at other people and think of them as God's children, we would think differently, I think.

We are all God's children, but not all children of God, if our thoughts are right with God, surely we would think differently about people.

The Holy Spirit renews our mind when we think as God things. If it doesn't it is because it can't, we are sinning.

Bless you

Loyal
Boy, you all are sure trying to explain it all away about the different colors of skin that different races have. God created all of them that way because He wanted them that way. God made the red man the Blackman, the white man, the yellow man, and any other color man there is. God loves each and every one.

All the sun that one would get from being in a sunny part of the world, would give them more tan look but if they were taken out of the sunny climate, they’d turn back to their natural color.

I know that when a dark skin and a light skin mate you can get a blend of the two but it can also produce a dark skin or a light skin offspring. It won’t be consistent color like a true race would be. It wasn’t to long a go I watched an enter view with a Caucasian man who was born to a black couple. His other brothers and sisters were all dark but he looked Caucasian with Caucasian features. That’s the way it is when you mix genetics together, it will birth a range of varieties in skin color and other features. A true race will always produce the same skin color and tone. God’s law of kind after kind.

As mentioned earlier, you will never fit the puzzle of Gods creation to fit together if you stay with the idea that Adam and Eve were the very first male and female created and all the other races of people came from them. It won’t fly like that because it’s not the true.

All the different races in this world were created by God Almighty on the sixth day of creation. These were the gentile races and God loves them all.

God is going to form a special man and woman on the eighth day for the purpose of birthing Christ into this world, their names are Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve were the beginning of the Israelites people, God’s chosen people. They were chosen to preform a task for God. Their task was to learn God’s word and go out spread the word to the other races. And secondly they were the family that the Christ would be born to upon this earth.

Where on earth do you getyour ideas from brother?

The Bible nowhere indicates that God created other people in addition to Adam and Eve.

All other human begins were created through normal reproductive processes design and created by God, with the exception of Jesus Christ.

Genesis 2 we read that God created Adam from the dust of the ground; He created Eve from Adam's rib.

The New Testament also refers to Adam as the first human from whom all others descend.

Romans 5:12-14 (NKJV)
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--
13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

1 Corinthians 15:22 (NKJV)
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:45-49 (NKJV)
45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

1 Timothy 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.

Adam was first man, Eve was first woman, made from the rib of Adam. All generations follow the line of the first man of dust as God designed us to be.

God created all things including man in six days and rested on the seventh day.

Exodus 20:11 (NKJV)
11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

There's a definite pattern to God's activities during the Creation week:

First He formed and then He filled.

He made three spheres of activity:

- the heavens,
- the landmasses, and

- the waters;

and then He filled them with appropriate forms of life.

During the six days of creation, God created the following:

Day 1 — light and time
Genesis 1:3-5 (NKJV)

3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Day 2 — the sky and “separated” waters
Genesis 1:6-8 (NKJV)

6 Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."
7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

Day 3 — dry ground, bodies of water, and plants
Genesis 1:9-13 (NKJV)

9 Then God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear"; and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth"; and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.

Day 4 — the sun, moon, stars, and planets
Genesis 1:14-19 (NKJV)

14 Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;
15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so.
16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.
17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,
18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Day 5 — fish and birds
Genesis 1:20-23 (NKJV)

20 Then God said, "Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens."
21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."
23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Day 6 — land animals and humans
Genesis 1:24-30 (NKJV)

24 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind"; and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
29 And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.
30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food"; and it was so.

Genesis 2:7 (NKJV)
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Genesis 2:15-25 (NKJV)
15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
18 And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."
19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.
20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.
22 Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
23 And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man."
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Genesis 1 shows the 6 days of God's creation and the 7th day of rest.

God creates (Gen. 1:1-2)
God forms (Gen. 1:3-13)
God fills (Gen. 1:14-27; 2:7)

On the seventh day God rested from his work (Genesis 2:2-3).

If we do not get this consideration right, we end up thinking God created in Genesis 1, he rested on the 7th day then...
Genesis 2, then read Genesis 2:7 and think he made Adam and Eve at that point, he made Adam and Eve on Day 6.

Read again Genesis 1:27-28

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Then God blessed them
, and God said to them,
"Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

He told them these things in day 6 --- Not day 8, (I think this is possibly where your mis-understanding arises) Genesis 2:7

There's a definite pattern to God's activities during the Creation week:

First He formed and then He filled.

God created in 6 days, including Adam and Eve, on the 7th day he rested.

Adam and Eve, the first man and first woman were created on day 6 of creation, Adam first then Eve from the rib of Adam.

Bless you.

Loyal
I share the following from a commentary by Warren W. Wiersbe (Details and end of message)

Day six (vv. 24-31; 2:7).
God had formed the sky and filled it with heavenly luminaries and flying birds. He had formed the seas and filled the waters with various aquatic creatures. Creation reaches its climax when on the sixth day He filled the land with animal life and then created the first man who, with his wife, would have dominion over the earth and its creatures.

Like the first man, the animals were formed out of the dust of the ground (2:7), which explains why the bodies of both humans and animals go back to the dust after death (Ecc. 3:19-20). However, humans and animals are different. No matter how intelligent some animals may appear to be, or how much they are taught, animals are not endowed with the "image of God" as are humans.

The creation of the first man is seen as a very special occasion, for there's a "consultation" prior to the event. "Let Us make man in Our image" sounds like the conclusion of a divine deliberation among the Persons of the Godhead. God couldn't have been talking with the angels about His plans because angels weren't made in God's image ("Our image") and angels had nothing to do with the creation of Adam.

"And the Lord formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Gen. 2:7). The verb "formed" suggests the potter making a work of art in his skilled hands. The human body is indeed a work of art, an amazingly complex organism that only the wisdom of God could design and the power of God create.

The physical matter for Adam's body came from the ground, for the name "Adam" means "taken out of the ground"; but the life Adam possessed came from God. Of course, God is spirit and doesn't have lungs for breathing. This statement is what theologians call an "anthropomorphism," the using of a human characteristic to explain a divine work or attribute.

Several important facts must be noted about the origin of humans. First, we were created by God. We are not the products of some galactic accident nor are we the occupants of the top rung of an evolutionary ladder. God made us, which means we are creatures and wholly dependent on Him. "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being" (Acts 17:28). Luke 3:38 calls Adam "the son of God."

Second, we were created in God's image (Gen. 1:26-27). Unlike the angels and the animals, humans can have a very special relationship with God. He not only gave us personality—minds to think with, emotions to feel with, and wills for making decisions—but He also gave us an inner spiritual nature that enables us to know Him and worship Him. The image of God in men and women has been marred by sin (Eph. 4:18-19), but through faith in Christ and submission to the work of the Holy Spirit, believers can have the divine nature renewed within them (2 Peter 1:4; Eph. 4:20-24; Col. 3:9-10; Rom. 12:2; 2 Cor. 3:18). One day when we see Jesus, all of God's children will share in the glorious image of Christ (1 John 3:1-3; Rom. 8:29; 1 Cor. 15:49).

Third, we were created to have dominion over the earth (Gen. 1:26, 28). Adam and Eve were the first regents over God's creation (Ps. 8:6-8). "The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's; but the earth He has given to the children of men" (Ps. 115:16, nkjv). But when Adam believed Satan's lie and ate of the forbidden fruit, he lost his kingship; and now sin and death reign over the earth (Rom. 5:12-21).

When Jesus Christ, the last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45), came to earth, He exercised the dominion that the first Adam had lost. He demonstrated that He had authority over the fish (Luke 5:1-7; John 21:1-6; Matt. 17:24-27), the fowl (26:69-75), and the animals (Mark 1:13; 11:3-7). When He died on the cross, He conquered sin and death, so that now grace can reign (Rom. 5:21) and God's people can "reign in life" through Jesus Christ (v. 17). One day, when He returns, Jesus will restore to His own the dominion that was lost because of Adam (Heb. 2:5ff).

Both Adam and the animal creation were vegetarians until after the Flood (Gen. 1:29-30; 9:1-4). Isaiah 11:7 indicates that the carnivorous beasts will return to this diet when Jesus Christ returns and establishes His kingdom on earth.

Fourth, this wonderful Creator deserves our worship, praise, and obedience. When God surveyed His creation, He saw that it was "very good" (Gen. 1:31). Contrary to what some religions and philosophies teach, Creation is not evil and it isn't a sin to enjoy the good gifts God shares with us (1 Tim. 6:17). David surveyed God's creation and asked, "What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?" (Ps. 8:4, nkjv) The earth is but a tiny planet orbiting in a vast galaxy, and yet "the earth is the Lord's" (24:1). It's the one planet He has chosen to visit and to redeem!

The heavenly creatures before God's throne praise Him for His creation, and so should we. 'Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created" (Rev. 4:11). When we bow at meals to thank Him for the food He provides, when we see the sunshine and the rain provided at no expense to us, and when we watch the progress of the seasons, we should lift our hearts to praise the Creator for His faithfulness and generosity.

Finally, we must be good stewards of creation. This means we should respect our fellow human beings who are also made in the image of God (Gen. 9:6). It means appreciating the gifts we have in creation and not wasting or exploiting them. We'll look into these matters in greater detail in further studies, but it's worth noting that we can't honor the God of creation if we dishonor His creation. We must accept creation as a gift, guard it as a precious treasure, and invest it for the glory of God. Isaac Watts said it beautifully:

I sing the goodness of the Lord,
that filled the earth with food;

He formed the creatures with His word,
and then pronounced them good.

Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed,
where e'er I turn my eye;

If I survey the ground I tread,
or gaze upon the sky.

'The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works" (Ps. 145:9).

Bible Exposition Commentary - Be Basic (Genesis 1-11) by Warren W. Wiersbe

Active
Top Poster Of Month
@Brother-Paul -- okay -- you use lots of soft-ware -- it amounts to the same thing. And a person can Probably find most of that on Internet -- Google -- Yahoo.

Try ''Google' -- type in your subject area -- your question and see what all Does come up. You sort through all the articles -- CARM // Got Questions - etc, etc, -- you can get any version of the Bible you want and click into the version and read it on-line.

There Are those who feel that 'internet is evil' years ago one of my brothers-in-law had no use for computers -- he said that all ya got was junk / porn. Well -- my husband was big into computers and I was learning more and more. If your computer has no filters -- a person can get all kinds of pop-ups , etc. HOWEVER -- porn doesn't just pop up -- ya have to Look for it. Ya get what ya Look for. And That's how Daryl kind of put his foot in his mouth. Then Daryl's daughter -- who Was in to computers in a Big way told him to 'be quiet' and listen to Doug. He actually Did and started to learn a lot as did another one of his brothers.

The internet has Lots of wonderful information -- on-line classes --language studies -- depends on what a person is using it for. Games , yTube , etc. none of which I do.

And, yes, we certainly Do get a variety Of opinions and beliefs on this Forum. And there Are Lots of Forums 'out there' to choose from.

And, yes, 'birds of a feather Do flock together' -- human nature. I group myself with others of my age group and with other women who are by themselves and now we women who have canes or walkers.

We've ended up with so many cultures / races, etc because of our own independant nature. All those years ago -- God told Noah and his descendents to multiply and FILL The Earth. They chose to find a place and Stay there.

Loyal
@Brother-Paul -- okay -- you use lots of soft-ware -- it amounts to the same thing. And a person can Probably find most of that on Internet -- Google -- Yahoo.

Try ''Google' -- type in your subject area -- your question and see what all Does come up. You sort through all the articles -- CARM // Got Questions - etc, etc, -- you can get any version of the Bible you want and click into the version and read it on-line.

There Are those who feel that 'internet is evil' years ago one of my brothers-in-law had no use for computers -- he said that all ya got was junk / porn. Well -- my husband was big into computers and I was learning more and more. If your computer has no filters -- a person can get all kinds of pop-ups , etc. HOWEVER -- porn doesn't just pop up -- ya have to Look for it. Ya get what ya Look for. And That's how Daryl kind of put his foot in his mouth. Then Daryl's daughter -- who Was in to computers in a Big way told him to 'be quiet' and listen to Doug. He actually Did and started to learn a lot as did another one of his brothers.

The internet has Lots of wonderful information -- on-line classes --language studies -- depends on what a person is using it for. Games , yTube , etc. none of which I do.

And, yes, we certainly Do get a variety Of opinions and beliefs on this Forum. And there Are Lots of Forums 'out there' to choose from.

And, yes, 'birds of a feather Do flock together' -- human nature. I group myself with others of my age group and with other women who are by themselves and now we women who have canes or walkers.

We've ended up with so many cultures / races, etc because of our own independant nature. All those years ago -- God told Noah and his descendents to multiply and FILL The Earth. They chose to find a place and Stay there.

I do use Google a lot and am computer addicted, gone from first green screens, had all but one version of Windows, even built a computer.

As for Google I was answering on the basis of scripture searches not everything else. Some of the items in the list you can find on the internet but the majority not so, Wordsearch 12 is pastor software, the books are for pastors, Some books are free, but the majority I have purchased.

The Internet is not evil, all things start out good, but evil creeps in. The web has over the years got a bad name, understandably, but I agree, most items you will not find unless you search for them, or use a word in a search that could bring them up.

Jesus told us, look at another and have sexual thoughts and you have already committed the act in your heart, you have already sinned!

Blessings

Active
Top Poster Of Month
@Brother-Paul -- you sound a bit like my late-husband -- he was into building and selling them for a while. Years ago. The school district sent him to Apple computer school and he taught himself IBM. He built up the school district from one part/time person to fix computers to Him fixing them and developing into his own department with a secretary -- 4 computer techs working for him. years ago he and Nathan -- the son with so many problems Now -- networked the five campuses together so they could do emailing between the various schools.

And, you're right

I bowed out of the other thread on homosexuality for a while today. Saw this comment of yours and decided to respond 'on my way out the door' so to speak.