• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is Heaven Like?

Active
It is not for us to say whether or not there should be relationships in heaven, that is up to God. What we are doing in the post is not looking for things we may like to see but what scripture tells us Heaven will be like.

God doesn't tell us everything, but he does tell us quite a bit about heaven, directly and indirectly. The fact He tells us in part means to me, He wants us to explore the Word, He wants us to have a glimpse, have something to really look forward to.

There will not be relationships, as we have noted from scripture already, in heaven there will not be men or woman as now, there will not be Jews or Greeks as now, ALL things are made new.

You ask will we have genitals? I guess there are few ways to consider this.
- If we are recreated, made new, why would be have them if we do not need them
- Adam had them you may say, he had them before the fall. True but that was the first creation of man, which was to reproduce and fill the earth. God knows how many people will be in Heaven, He calls us we do not call Him, so when there are enough people and our Lord returns for His one true church, ad returns to defeat the devil, when the New Heaven and New earth are created, and we get our resurrected bodies, we are made new, as the same people, but we will not have sex, so do not need those parts, Adam had them because he and Eve would need them, for a husband and wife relationship, in this life, in heaven we won't need them. Only the Lord knows if we will have them.

Other than the consideration just mentioned I think it is best to say, we don't know, but we know someone who does. ;o)

Regarding seeing Mary, she will be there, I also listed Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and others, I didn't say we would recognise them but it may be best to say we could meet them. The way these people talk will be different to how we talk, and a different language, from memory I am sure I went on to mention that and comment how will we understand each other. I then referred to Pentecost adding scripture and also to the fact there was only one language until Babel. To be honest we do not need to look deep the answer is on the surface, we will be in the New Heaven and New Earth, in perfect peace, in the Grace and Love of God, in the Light of God which will shine 24 hours a day, with Jesus and with all saved souls.

Well, you're the one asking what Heaven will be like. All any can do is take what little we have concerning Heaven in the Scripture and try and develop some ideas.

Scripture is clear that sex is not just about pro-creation. See again (Gen. 18:12) Plus, why would we not have a sexual appetite when we will have a food appetite? Didn't the resurrected Christ eat fish with the disciples? (Luke 24:40-43)

Do you think men and women having sex is wrong? Was it, and is it not a spiritual thing? Why do you say, we are not looking for things we may like to see?

I don't believe you. We are men and women because that is what God made us to be. We are not some sort of neutered creatures. Thus there will be relationships, I believe, in Heaven. Don't ask me how it will be, as I said, I don't know. But that it will be, I do believe.

Well, you say we will not have genitals in Heaven. Because as you say, they are for procreation only. That is strange since I showed you they are for pleasure also. What is wrong with that when in accordance with God? And, if Jesus Christ ate fish and honey, will He be required to go to the bathroom? Will we? How...if we don't have genitals?

Yes, I believe Mary will be there. And, she will be a woman. Is that a surprise? Abraham will be a man. What a bulliten. Your description of us in heaven is not of resurrected humans. It is of some other order of beings.

Quantrill

Loyal
Do you believe sex is just a duty men and women perform to pro-create? (Gen. 18:12)

its actually to be more exact as I am sure you know between a husband and wife, any one having sex outside of marriage is not following Gods order. ANd it says there is no marriage in heaven between men and women , So I would sex is out from my limited understanding

Active
its actually to be more exact as I am sure you know between a husband and wife, any one having sex outside of marriage is not following Gods order. ANd it says there is no marriage in heaven between men and women , So I would sex is out from my limited understanding

It says there is no marriage. It doesn't say there is no sex. Do you think sex is evil? Or did God create it?

When your body is resurrected, will you have been castrated? What will your resurrected body look like? Neutered? What makes you a male? Why does God call Himself 'He' and not 'she'?

Quantrill

Staff Member
Greetings folks,

i hear what is being said but perhaps if we might grasp the possibility (BB's theory, for now) that we won't have to duplicate any more souls as the Lord's quiver might be full?
Or do we imaging that heaven being somewhat that Heaven being eternally immeasurable by time and space that there will be super zillions of babies and people somehow aging and growing older and then repeating what their parents did in order for them to be part of the heavenly multitudes? Probably not.

As for sex in heaven. Most people might like the idea and some cults and pseudo religions and the like actually teach that sex is high up on the agenda and that we will be busy procreating new worlds and universes etc etc etc..... with of course, if you are male, an unlimited number of virgins at your disposal, nothing less. But we sure know that this is perverse, do we not?

An interesting place might be to consider back in the beginning, Adam was formed. There was no Eve. There are also no accounts of sex prior to both being sent out of the Garden, the one with the Tree of Life in it.
Is there anything in all that? Don't know. Any thoughts or Scriptures (better still) ?

May i leave you with one Scripture that might help ?

But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that Thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became Him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Saying, I will declare Thy name unto My brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto Thee.

And again, I will put my trust in him.

And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given Me.
Hebrews 2:6-13

Bless you ....><>

Active
Greetings folks,

i hear what is being said but perhaps if we might grasp the possibility (BB's theory, for now) that we won't have to duplicate any more souls as the Lord's quiver might be full?
Or do we imaging that heaven being somewhat that Heaven being eternally immeasurable by time and space that there will be super zillions of babies and people somehow aging and growing older and then repeating what their parents did in order for them to be part of the heavenly multitudes? Probably not.

As for sex in heaven. Most people might like the idea and some cults and pseudo religions and the like actually teach that sex is high up on the agenda and that we will be busy procreating new worlds and universes etc etc etc..... with of course, if you are male, an unlimited number of virgins at your disposal, nothing less. But we sure know that this is perverse, do we not?

An interesting place might be to consider back in the beginning, Adam was formed. There was no Eve. There are also no accounts of sex prior to both being sent out of the Garden, the one with the Tree of Life in it.
Is there anything in all that? Don't know. Any thoughts or Scriptures (better still) ?

May i leave you with one Scripture that might help ?

But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that Thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became Him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Saying, I will declare Thy name unto My brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto Thee.

And again, I will put my trust in him.

And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given Me.
Hebrews 2:6-13

Bless you ....><>

You assume sex is only for pro-creation.

When cults teach sex in their false doctrine it is most always for here and now mainly. It is part of their practice. Concerning islam's 72 virgins waiting for their followers, one wonders what the women think of that. Plus, what do you expect from islam?

Understand I have not said that. The question was asked about what Heaven is like. So, I am trying to imagine based on what truths we know from Scripture.

Yes, there was a time when there was no Eve. And God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone" (Gen. 2:18) And when God brought Eve to Adam, Adam said, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" (Gen. 2:24) Is this not a picture of sex between the man and woman? And this was uttered before the fall.

You present sex as a product of the fall. We have no account of Adam and Eve having sex prior to the fall, true. Why should we? How many blab their consumation of marriage on their honeymoon? Only those who have no love or respect for their spouse would do that.

Why do you think satan has perverted sex in the world? It is because it is from God and one of the greatest gifts He gave to man. satan has so perverted it, and man has followed in that perversion, that people cannot think of sex but anything other than evil. It must be something God puts up with due to our fall. It certainly won't be in Heaven, they believe. But, I am not so sure. Many don't like to teach the book (Song of Solomon) because of it's subject matter. Surely God is not condoning sex.

As I have said, I don't know how this relationship will exist in Heaven. But I know how God has created us. I know our bodies will be resurrected. I believe our bodies will be just like we have now only glorified. I don't believe God will make changes from His original creation of us. That is about as far as I can go. As I said earlier, my thoughts concerning Heaven usually raise more questions than answers.

Quantrill

Loyal
It says there is no marriage. It doesn't say there is no sex. Do you think sex is evil? Or did God create it?

My limited understanding says sex is for married people only, since there is no marriage in heaven I would think there is no sex.

Do you think its ok to have sex if you are not married??

Active
My limited understanding says sex is for married people only, since there is no marriage in heaven I would think there is no sex.

Do you think its ok to have sex if you are not married??

Not in our fallen world. No.

Do you think sex is evil or is it from God? Did Adam and Eve have sex prior to the fall? Were they married? Is sex the product of sin?

Please answer my other questions in post [HASH=2407]#(43[/HASH]).

Quantrill

Loyal
no sex is not evil God created it for husband and wife who are to be man and women, this is what the bible teaches,

I have no idea about adam and eve having sex or being married, never thought of it, great question, is the answer in the bible

EDIT

I have to learn to think just a little bit before I speak, yes of course they must have had sex, great point Brother,

Loyal
We would have sinned without the devil. That is why many of us will go to hell with the devil.

There will not be sin in heaven as everyone in heaven is washed and covered by the blood of Jesus. But to think we will be ''perfect'' is in my honest opinion absolute madness.

Only God is good and 'perfect' Mark 10:18. We will judge angels in heaven 1 Cor 6:3. Why?

I personally don't believe we will all get along. There will still be some annoying neighbors. But none 'sold out to wickedness'. None unrepentant.

Thank you brother, perfect, was the wrong word used.

Peace be with you \o/

Loyal
Not in our fallen world. No.

Do you think sex is evil or is it from God? Did Adam and Eve have sex prior to the fall? Were they married? Is sex the product of sin?

Please answer my other questions in post [HASH=2407]#(43[/HASH]).

Quantrill

Sex is not evil brother. God created it for man and woman, for husband and wife.

Did Adam and Eve have so before the fall, I would say, No, it is very doubtful that they did. They were in Paradise in the Garden, in the presence of God. The fall was after temptation by the devil when Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Sex is not the product of sin, it was God created for reproduction of the human race between man and woman, according to God's law.

What are your thoughts regarding scripture and these questions brother?

Active
Sex is not evil brother. God created it for man and woman, for husband and wife.

Did Adam and Eve have so before the fall, I would say, No, it is very doubtful that they did. They were in Paradise in the Garden, in the presence of God. The fall was after temptation by the devil when Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Sex is not the product of sin, it was God created for reproduction of the human race between man and woman, according to God's law.

What are your thoughts regarding scripture and these questions brother?

Well, I see it otherwise. I would say it is incredibly doubtful that Adam and Eve did not have sex prior to the fall. What does sex in Paradise or in the presence of God have to do with it, if it is from God.

If sex is not the product of sin, why do you say Adam and Eve didn't have sex before the fall?

I believe my thoughts were presented in posts [HASH=2197]#(13[/HASH], 41,46).

Do you think God is going to alter our bodies at the resurrection so that we are no longer male or female?

Quantrill

Loyal
Sex is not a sin. However sex outside of marriage is.

Heb 13:4; Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

No one in heaven will be married. Well, I suppose the bride will be married to the groom, so in that sense Jesus will be married... to us.

Matt 22:28; "In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had married her."
Matt 22:29; But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.
Matt 22:30; "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Mark 12:23; "In the resurrection, when they rise again, which one's wife will she be? For all seven had married her."
Mark 12:24; Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God?
Mark 12:25; "For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Luke 20:33; "In the resurrection therefore, which one's wife will she be? For all seven had married her."
Luke 20:34; Jesus said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage,
Luke 20:35; but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
Luke 20:36; for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Loyal
@Quantrill

You are looking at the situation in worldly terms.

God is the same, yesterday, today and forever. It is His will that we do not have sex before marriage, same as it is His will we do not commit adultery. Sex is for a man and woman in marriage.

Going against God's wishes is sinful, the wages of sin is death.

Loyal
@Br. Bear

Thank you for your post, regarding...

The Tree of Life only mentioned a few times in the Bible, in the garden Adam and Eve were sent out of at the fall and in Revelation in the New Heaven/ New Earth.
There are a few references in Proverbs.

The Tree of Life is important, following the Fall, Adam and Eve were cut off from it. This tree that will be in the New Heaven/New Earth and we will eat from it as Adam and Eve could up to the Fall,

Genesis 2:8-9 (NKJV)
8 The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.
9 And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food.
The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:20-24 (KJV)
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the
tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.
23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the
tree of life.

Revelation 2:7 (KJV)
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:2 (KJV)
1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there
the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 22:14 (KJV)
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to
the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Bless you \o/

Loyal
@Quantrill

Look at what scripture actually says, do not look at what it doesn't say, the Truth is in the Word. God has given us many glimpses of what to expect in heaven, but He also says, search the scriptures, search what he tells us,

We do not have to think would Adam and Eve have sex in paradise, scripture doesn't say they did, God has stated in scripture, listed in this thread, sex is for man and wife in marriage, any other form of sex is therefore SIN. When we go to heaven he tells us clearly, there will be neither male nor female, why, because sex is not required, multiplying is not necessary.

In Eden Adam was the first man made, Eve was then made from Adams rib, they were not living creatures until God breathed the breath of life into them. They were the first on earth.

From the fall to the New Heaven and New Earth and our resurrected bodies, men and women have reproduced, God said go forth and multiply, but he made clear it should be by husband and wife in marriage, no other way. During this period we live, some will enter Eternal life, others will enter Eternal damnation, the ones that receive Eternal life, are the saved souls, the overcomers. God says, I call you you do not call me, our name is in the Book of Life and the Lamb if saved, God knows how many people will be in heaven when the New Heaven/New Earth is created, there will be more than people realise, but we may be in for a shock, if we are there, because some of those we thought we would see may not be there, and some we thought wouldn't be there will be there. It is all in God's hands, thank the Lord it is. The point I am leading to, as mentioned previously is, the number of people God plans to be in the New Heaven/New earth are already counted and they will not need to multiply, sex will not be needed. God created sex, for a married man and woman, for this in between period only.

Peace be with you. \o/

Loyal
I have had a time to look through past study notes...

There is a big difference when we look at the first creation with Adam and Eve before the Fall, when we look at the period following the Fall, and the New Heaven/New Earth

In the first creation, Adam and Eve were innocent human beings in Paradise.

After the Fall and until the New Heaven/New Earth there is one important factor, God cursed satan and the earth

In the New Heaven/New Earth again there is no curse, both are restored, resurrected, as is man and woman to our resurrected bodies, which will be us but will not be male or female. What age we will be in the New Heaven/New Earth is not known. Heaven will not be full of old people, nor will it be full of babies, some have suggested we will be in our prime, around the age of 30 as Jesus was, but it is speculation, we just don't know. What we do know is we will have glorious bodies with no more pain, no suffering, no crying or weeping, the old order has gone. There will be NO CURSE all things are made new and free from sin.

At present earth is cursed and is where we are now, heaven is separate, it is above our atmosphere, the first heaven; it is above and to the ends of the solar system, which is the second heaven,. The third heaven is God's abode, is beyond anything human beings can get to and sin can get to. The current heaven is a spiritual place with God on the throne, Jesus at His right hand, a lake of what appears like glass, cherubim ad seraphims, angels singing Holy, Holy, Holy and more, we know this picture.

But after the Fall, the earth was CURSED

Genesis 3:9-15 (NKJV)
9 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"
10 So he said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself."
11 And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?"
12 Then the man said, "The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate."
13 And the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
So the LORD God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."

Genesis 3:17-19 (NKJV)
17 Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.
18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.
19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return."

Genesis 8:20-22 (NKJV)
20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
21 And the LORD smelled a soothing aroma.
Then the LORD said in His heart, "I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.
22 "While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease."

So humans have to live in a cursed world, and day and night shall not cease until the curse is removed and the New Heaven/New Earth are created.

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Revelation 21:2-3 (KJV) The Curse Removed
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

What will our lives be like when the curse is lifted? We will no longer engage in painful toll.

Genesis 3:17 (NKJV)
17 Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.

No longer will the earth yield thorns and thistles which were part of the curse

Genesis 3:18 (NKJV)
18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.

No longer shall we return to the ground

Genesis 3:19 (NKJV)
19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return."

Christ came to remove the curse

Romans 8:2 (NKJV)
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jesus the second Adam will undo the damage caused by the first Adam

1 Corinthians 15:22 (NKJV)
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:45 (NKJV)
45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Romans 5:15-19 (NKJV)
15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.
17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

In the cross and resurrection, God made a way to not only restore his original design for mankind but also to expand it. In our resurrected bodies, we will again dwell on earth, a new earth, completely free from sin and the curse. The removal of the curse means heaven and earth, that is the new heaven/earth will be ONE again, and Paradise lost will become Paradise Regained, all according to God's Divine Plan for mankind he loves so much.

Everything God does is good, He created..., He said it was good. He created the first Adam it was good, He created Eve from Adam it was good. God's Word tells us what is right and what is wrong, God tells us what leads to Righteousness and what leads to death, if Adam and Eve had sex before marriage scripture would tells us so, it doesn't. But God is very clear what he expects from man and woman regarding sex, it is for man and woman as husband and wife, no other variation is acceptable in is sight.

The question I believe we must ask ourselves is, do we take God at His Word.

Peace be with you \o/

Active
@Quantrill

You are looking at the situation in worldly terms.

God is the same, yesterday, today and forever. It is His will that we do not have sex before marriage, same as it is His will we do not commit adultery. Sex is for a man and woman in marriage.

Going against God's wishes is sinful, the wages of sin is death.

Actually, you are interpreting 'sex' in a worldly manner. Not me.

Sex is for a man and woman. It is for the union of man and woman. It is for marriage since the fall. When did Adam and Eve get married?

Did Adam and Eve commit adultry?

Quantrill

Active
@Quantrill

Look at what scripture actually says, do not look at what it doesn't say, the Truth is in the Word. God has given us many glimpses of what to expect in heaven, but He also says, search the scriptures, search what he tells us,

We do not have to think would Adam and Eve have sex in paradise, scripture doesn't say they did, God has stated in scripture, listed in this thread, sex is for man and wife in marriage, any other form of sex is therefore SIN. When we go to heaven he tells us clearly, there will be neither male nor female, why, because sex is not required, multiplying is not necessary.

In Eden Adam was the first man made, Eve was then made from Adams rib, they were not living creatures until God breathed the breath of life into them. They were the first on earth.

From the fall to the New Heaven and New Earth and our resurrected bodies, men and women have reproduced, God said go forth and multiply, but he made clear it should be by husband and wife in marriage, no other way. During this period we live, some will enter Eternal life, others will enter Eternal damnation, the ones that receive Eternal life, are the saved souls, the overcomers. God says, I call you you do not call me, our name is in the Book of Life and the Lamb if saved, God knows how many people will be in heaven when the New Heaven/New Earth is created, there will be more than people realise, but we may be in for a shock, if we are there, because some of those we thought we would see may not be there, and some we thought wouldn't be there will be there. It is all in God's hands, thank the Lord it is. The point I am leading to, as mentioned previously is, the number of people God plans to be in the New Heaven/New earth are already counted and they will not need to multiply, sex will not be needed. God created sex, for a married man and woman, for this in between period only.

Peace be with you. \o/

I am looking at what Scripture says for the purpose of understanding how Heaven will be.

Scripture doesn't say Adam and Eve were married either...does it. So, what are they doing having sex?

Chapter and verse where it says there is neither male or female. Don't worry, I know the verse, but I am tired of you spouting Scripture and not giving the reference. So, give the reference.

So, you believe sex is about nothing but reproducing. How silly. Explain the purpose for the book the Song of Solomon. Explain why married men and women past the age of having children, still have sex. Are they committing adultery? Try having sex with your wife by first telling her, 'ok hun it is time to reproduce'. See how far that gets you. Love, romance, sex, is all from God.

That God knows the number of people who will live in the New Heaven and New Earth and eternity, I have no doubt. I don't believe you know the number however.

You 'assume' God created sex for just between the fall and eternity.

Quantrill

Active
I am looking at what Scripture says for the purpose of understanding how Heaven will be.

Scripture doesn't say Adam and Eve were married either...does it. So, what are they doing having sex?

Chapter and verse where it says there is neither male or female. Don't worry, I know the verse, but I am tired of you spouting Scripture and not giving the reference. So, give the reference.

So, you believe sex is about nothing but reproducing. How silly. Explain the purpose for the book the Song of Solomon. Explain why married men and women past the age of having children, still have sex. Are they committing adultery? Try having sex with your wife by first telling her, 'ok hun it is time to reproduce'. See how far that gets you. Love, romance, sex, is all from God.

That God knows the number of people who will live in the New Heaven and New Earth and eternity, I have no doubt. I don't believe you know the number however.

You 'assume' God created sex for just between the fall and eternity.

Quantrill
I feel BAC has killed this in post # 53. There will not be marriage. There cannot be sex.

I just latch on to Mark 10:9. I guess it just points to closer relationships in heaven. We will remember our wife and children.

Active
I feel BAC has killed this in post # 53. There will not be marriage. There cannot be sex.

I just latch on to Mark 10:9. I guess it just points to closer relationships in heaven. We will remember our wife and children.

That's fine. As I said, there is much I don't know about it. But, I have questions concerning it. Your answer satisfies you. It doesn't satisfy me. And it doesn't satisfy many of the questions I had. Of course some cannot be answered as we won't know till we are there.

Quantrill