• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is Heaven Like?

Loyal
can we know that we wont sin in heaven?? after all Adam and eve sinned in paradise, and satin who was made perfect sinned in heaven.

We won't sin in heaven
- firstly because the old order has been done away with, all things are MADE NEW
- secondly because Christ has defeated the devil, it was the devil that caused us to sin, tempted us to sin, he is the enemy of souls doing everything to stop us coming to Christ, his game will be over. Thanks be to God, Father Son and Holy Spirit. Amen

No sex, no need for money, we will be with our Lord forever, the old order will have gone.

Loyal
We won't sin in heaven
- firstly because the old order has been done away with, all things are MADE NEW
- secondly because Christ has defeated the devil, it was the devil that caused us to sin, tempted us to sin, he is the enemy of souls doing everything to stop us coming to Christ, his game will be over. Thanks be to God, Father Son and Holy Spirit. Amen

No sex, no need for money, we will be with our Lord forever, the old order will have gone.

Amen to that brother !!!

Since the wage of sin is death, and the Romans 6-23 promises no more death, there must be no sin

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

as you say brother the old has been done away with,
Revealtion 21-4
And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more nor mourning nor crying nor pain; they will be no more, because the former things have passed away."

Loyal
@Dave M.
Off topic for the minute, may I ask, Heaven by Randy Alcorn, an excellent book, I read probably two years ago but I do not seem to be able to find it now.

Did you get yours from WordSearch Bible software?

I appear to have lost two books in WordSearch, Heaven as mentioned above and The Lord's Prayer by R T Kendall, again another really good book. These two don't work in WordSearch but they did download after purchase on to my mobile phone, running on Android system. I have emailed WordSearch to find out why I can no longer see them on my mobile.

Loyal
Randy says something along the lines of that in chapter 6 of revelations the martyrs who are now in the intermediate heaven remember what happened to them on Earth

Revelation 6:9-11
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?

So it seems they remembered about what happened to themselves on earth

Also he goes on to say that Jesus has promised those who suffer and endure to the end will be comforted, so in order to be comforted you must remember what you are being comforted for? although this is not really heaven is it?

Luke 16:25
"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.

the new earth will include memorials of the 12 tribes and the apostles this indicates memory (heaven book page 345)

Revelation 21:12–14
12 It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed— 13 on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Last edited:
Loyal
Good post Dave M.

A quick clarification of Heaven as it is now and the New Heaven and Earth to come, where we will be with the Lord with our resurrected bodies.

Heavens Now there are referred to in scripture 3 heavens,
1 - the earths atmosphere is referred to as the first heaven Genesis 1:7-8
2 - from the earths atmosphere through space is referred to as the second heaven Psalm 8:3
3 - Where God abides and where Jesus currently sits at His right hand is the true Heaven Psalm 103:19, Ezekiel 28:16

Our Father in Heaven, Hallowed be thy Name, the third heaven being being totally Holy, not touched by human sin, the Kingdom of Heaven.

This is the situation now, prior to Christ return in Glory when He will defeat the devil and create the new Heaven and earth

This is what the Bible says at Pentecost when Christ was taken up into Heaven.

Acts 1:9-11 (NKJV)
9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

The NEW Heaven and earth
Revelation 21:1-2 (NKJV)

1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

This is the Holy City, scripture refers to, - The New Jerusalem

Scripture refers to the New Heaven as
1 - a CITY
2 - a GARDEN
3 - a KINGDOM

Where all things are New - Rev 21:1-2
There will be no more drying, no more weeping, no more pain or suffering - Rev 21:4
It will be 'Perfect Peace' - Isaiah 65:25
The gardens will be fruitful - Isaiah 35:1
There will be houses and vineyards - Isaiah 65:21
It is referred to as A Heavenly Country - Hebrews 11:16

We will have physical bodies

1 Corinthians 15:40-49 (NKJV)

40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.
The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

The future life will have the best of this life plus additional joys beyond our imagination.

We keep coming back to Rev 21, Rev 21 & 22 hold a lot about what we are to expect in the New Heaven and Earth

Revelation 21:1-4 (NKJV)
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

Isaiah 65:17-25 (NKJV)
17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy.
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying.
20 "No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; For the child shall die one hundred years old, But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them.
24 "It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain," Says the LORD.

John 14:1-4 (NKJV)
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know."

Daniel 12:2 (NKJV)
2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Some say heaven will be boring, like some church services but over and over again, some say heaven will be boring, sat on a cloud strumming a harp, the world has many views, does the scripture in this thread say anything like that? We are only just scratching the surface, but already a picture is taking place and all from scripture.

Question, would you go on holiday to another country and not check out what it is like? What is there to see? Will you understand the people, will they understand you? I am sure we can add a lot more to this list, so why do we go through life and not search the Word for what Heaven is like, what the New Heaven and Earth will be like. For those who go to this wonderful place, for Eternity, should be not want to know what to expect, what to look for, prepare for what it will be like. God is creating every born-again, saved believer, so that when out time in this short life ends we are ready for heaven, shouldn't we prepare also?

Be Blessed \o/

Loyal
Some scripture here... some speculation here.

Gen 2:8; The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed.
Gen 2:9; Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Gen 2:15; Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.

Gen 3:8; They heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

It seems that God used to come around and "hang out" with Adam and Eve. (in the cool of the day).
It also appears that God put Adam in the garden to "cultivate it and keep it".
Most believe that Adam and Eve would have never eaten the fruit, things would sill be this way today.

Is it possible, on the new Earth, things will be much the same? God will come "hang out" with us. But even so, it appears we might have certain jobs and duties that God gives us.
Perhaps we won't just be hanging around on the clouds playing our harps. :)

Loyal
@B-A-C
Thank you for joining in, it is where we are going so important for us all to suss out, if you know what I mean. Get a glimpse of what God has promised us in His Word. ;o)

God is light and in Heaven He is the Eternal light, 24 hours a day there will be light, I will find scripture later on my mobile at present.

From this sense the New Heaven will be different, but many things appear the same, without sex, without sin and everything that comes with it.

We will eat in Heaven, we are invited to the wedding feast of the lamb. Jesus eat with the disciples after his resurrection when He returned to earth.

We have a lot to learn and share together brother. God is wetting our appetite and Praise the Lord He has. He has given us so much to look forward to in Eternal life with Him.

It is a bigger jigsaw than many realise, God says 'Search the Scriptures' the Truth is in the Word.

PTL. \o/

Loyal
I'm looking forward to the resurrection and creation renewed.

I live in south east London. When I die, the nearest crematorium, just around the corner from where I live, is where CH Spurgeon is buried. When Jesus returns, we will rise from our graves to London transformed and reconciled to God, with every trace of evil and corruption swept away. The wonderful library will still be here, the dubious massage parlour transformed to something else.

There will be plenty to do, satisfying work, but no hard unfruitful labour. We will live in harmony with each other, and with God. And I get to meet Spurgeon!

Ok. This is my imagination, and I'm almost certainly wrong. But I think this is in keeping with the way the Bible talks about the day of the Lord in Isaiah and Revelation.

Much better at least than a vision of an eternal church service on a cloud with harps.

Active
Jesus answered the question about men and women at the resurrection

Matt 22:30-32

For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. And as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is God not of the dead, but of the living.”

I'm not sure about humans becoming greater than angels, though. Where does that idea come from?

Jesus answered the question about whose wife the woman would be. Not about sex.

Concerning angels, (1 Cor. 6:3) (Heb. 1:5-14) (Heb. 2:5-8)

Quantrill

Active
It is good you are thinking brother,trying to visualise what heaven will be like but what ever we think must come from scripture.

Some of your questions are jumping forward, I feel the thirst, a thirst we should all have.

In heaven there will be perfect peace, which transcends our understanding now, so that we can only visualise now, except for knowing it will be 'perfect'.

We will be perfect also with our 'new bodies' made in His Image, so question may come to mind, will I be Quantrill, will I be brother Paul, the answer to that will be no, because He knows us by name, so we will still be the people we are.

We will not be getting down on our knees every time we see Jesus, but will give Him the reverence He asks us for, it will be so natural brother, as Adam and Eve in the garden when God walked amongst them. A few clues lie in Paradise before it was lost, in the Garden of Eden, before the fall.

As our thirst progresses, as we find out more and add the jigsaw pieces together, we will want to know more, there is a lot in scripture, sufficient for us in this life, but God rightfully does not tell us everything, He wants us to search His Word, He wants us to thirst, He wants us to image what it will be like, that is why He has shared some of it. Thanks be to God. Amen.

Will their be relationships between man and woman? No.

Will man and woman have sex, the first question also answers this one? No.

Galatians 3:26-29 (NKJV)
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free,
there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Adam and Eve were made to reproduce, to multiply, all that is done with, the right number will be in heaven, God has this in hand.
In heaven there is neither male nor female.

Why wouldn't there be relationships between men and women? It is pleasing to God. (Pro. 30:19)

Do you believe sex is just a duty men and women perform to pro-create? (Gen. 18:12)

Concerning (Gal. 3:26-29), this means we as Gentiles are sons, we as Jews are sons, we as slaves are sons, we as men are sons, and we as women are sons. It doens't mean we are not Gentiles. Or not Jews. Or not slaves. Or not men. Or not women. But in Christ we are all sons of God.

So, when we get our glorified bodies will we have genitals? What for? If not, then none of us are men or women...correct. And so how will we recognize Mary the mother of Jesus, as you said?

Quantrill

Loyal
Why wouldn't there be relationships between men and women? It is pleasing to God. (Pro. 30:19)

Do you believe sex is just a duty men and women perform to pro-create? (Gen. 18:12)

Concerning (Gal. 3:26-29), this means we as Gentiles are sons, we as Jews are sons, we as slaves are sons, we as men are sons, and we as women are sons. It doens't mean we are not Gentiles. Or not Jews. Or not slaves. Or not men. Or not women. But in Christ we are all sons of God.

So, when we get our glorified bodies will we have genitals? What for? If not, then none of us are men or women...correct. And so how will we recognize Mary the mother of Jesus, as you said?

Quantrill

It is not for us to say whether or not there should be relationships in heaven, that is up to God. What we are doing in the post is not looking for things we may like to see but what scripture tells us Heaven will be like.

God doesn't tell us everything, but he does tell us quite a bit about heaven, directly and indirectly. The fact He tells us in part means to me, He wants us to explore the Word, He wants us to have a glimpse, have something to really look forward to.

There will not be relationships, as we have noted from scripture already, in heaven there will not be men or woman as now, there will not be Jews or Greeks as now, ALL things are made new.

You ask will we have genitals? I guess there are few ways to consider this.
- If we are recreated, made new, why would be have them if we do not need them
- Adam had them you may say, he had them before the fall. True but that was the first creation of man, which was to reproduce and fill the earth. God knows how many people will be in Heaven, He calls us we do not call Him, so when there are enough people and our Lord returns for His one true church, ad returns to defeat the devil, when the New Heaven and New earth are created, and we get our resurrected bodies, we are made new, as the same people, but we will not have sex, so do not need those parts, Adam had them because he and Eve would need them, for a husband and wife relationship, in this life, in heaven we won't need them. Only the Lord knows if we will have them.

Other than the consideration just mentioned I think it is best to say, we don't know, but we know someone who does. ;o)

Regarding seeing Mary, she will be there, I also listed Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and others, I didn't say we would recognise them but it may be best to say we could meet them. The way these people talk will be different to how we talk, and a different language, from memory I am sure I went on to mention that and comment how will we understand each other. I then referred to Pentecost adding scripture and also to the fact there was only one language until Babel. To be honest we do not need to look deep the answer is on the surface, we will be in the New Heaven and New Earth, in perfect peace, in the Grace and Love of God, in the Light of God which will shine 24 hours a day, with Jesus and with all saved souls.

Loyal
Sadly there are a number of topics some pastor/vicars/ministers avoid.

1 - Revelation
2 - Born again (sadly)
3 - Heaven (very sad)

Had they read/preached the first one the last one would be known more about and deemed essential, they all should be.

Heaven, a place Christians look forward to going to, but few people stop and try find out what it will be like, how strange, we look forward to going there but don't spend time trying to find out about it.

I have heard some preachers have said, when asked about heaven,
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV)
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

but do not continue with
1 Corinthians 2:10 (NKJV)
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

I understand this also is used
Isaiah 55:9 (NKJV)
9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
His thoughts are higher than ours for sure, but He has put in WORDs what he wants us to know, He wants us to search the scriptures the Good News is there, so are details of the Heavens now, and the New Heaven and Earth to come at the Resurrection of Heaven and Earth and every born again believer are restored according to God's will in Christ Jesus. How wonderful is that, we do not deserve any of it, but in His love for us, providing we are made new creations, proving our name is in the Book of Life and the Lamb it is ours with Him. We are adopted we are co-heirs with Christ Jesus, our precious Lord and Saviour.

Here is a good place to start and obtain a picture of part of the NEW City in the New Heaven and New Earth.

Revelation 21:1-27 (NKJV)

3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people.
God Himself will be with them and be their God.
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.

12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.

14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.

16 The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth.
And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal.
17 Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.

18 The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass.
19 The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones:
the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.

21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl.
And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it.
The Lamb is its light.

24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.

25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).

26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.
27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie,
but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Blessings \o/

Loyal
Would you consider tightening up the language about the new Jerusalem in the new heaven and new earth?

Revelation speaks of the holy city coming from heaven to earth.

Loyal
@Hekuran

After Satan and evil were banished forever, John saw a new heaven and new earth.

Isaiah 65:17 (NKJV)
17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

The old earth where mankind lived for thousands of years “disappeared.”
It was a temporal dwelling for a temporal creation, the new heaven and new earth would be an eternal dwelling for an eternal creation.

How will this earth as we know it end and the new earth be created we do not know for sure.

The old creation must make way for the new creation if God is to be glorified. Jesus called this event "the regeneration" of the earth

Matthew 19:28 (NKJV)
28 So Jesus said to them, "Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

and Peter explained it as a cleansing and renewing by fire

2 Peter 3:10-13 (NKJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

The New Jerusalem

Revelation 21:1-27 (NKJV)

3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people.
God Himself will be with them and be their God.

John then saw a new Jerusalem descend from heaven. Some commentators prefer to consider this a depiction of the universal church, especially in that it is described as a bride that has made herself ready, much like the saints were earlier portrayed

Revelation 19:7 (NKJV)
7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready."

However, John clearly viewed a city, “the holy city,” and in light of the extensive detail provided in the final eighteen verses of this chapter, it seems most sensible to view this as a literal city in the new heaven/earth. Not newly created but coming down from the current heaven to the new heaven/earth.

John’s statement about this wonderful new city appearing as a “bride ready for her husband” was likely describing the beauty of the city as that of an exquisitely decorated bride, not the bride of Christ the one true church.

The New Jerusalem is the New City, it is God's dwelling place, it will not require light because Christ is the Light, a 24 hour light.

There is quite a bit of scripture about what we should expect in the New Jerusalem, the Holy City, but as we will see later God's children will be able to go in and out of the Holy City, we are told the dimensions of the New Jerusalem, in incredible detail, the length and the width the same as the height which is certainly hard to imagine, but as we go in and out of the New Jerusalem, to the rest of the new earth, will be rely on the sun and moon, scripture Christ is the Light, He is in the New Jerusalem, does He come out onto the rest of the newly created or newly restored earth? We do not know.

This thread was created for everyone to get involved, to share scripture together about the place we will be in our resurrected bodies for all eternity. It is hoped others will get involved as there is so much to learn together, so long as we stick to what scriptures says, we will get a clear picture of what God wants us to know about our new future home. It certainly won't be like the world thinks heaven is that is for sure.

Jesus says,
John 8:12 (NKJV)
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

Revelation 21:21-23 (NKJV)
21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.
22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light.

The Lamb is the Light that illuminates the City, the Lamb is the Light

Thanks be to God for His Word and His unfailing Love.

For anyone joining the discussion at this stage, it is really worth going back and starting from the beginning, if we miss the Truth in the basics we will not understand clearly what we see as we move on.

Thank you all who are taking part, I find this subject so rewarding, it is wonderful that God has told us so much about Heaven, so we do not listen to worldly thoughts, Peter at the gate asking questions to let us in, strumming harps on fluffy white clouds etc.

Loyal
Thanks for the verses. You didn't make a clear response to my point about dwelling in the new heaven and earth though.

Active
There will not be relationships, as we have noted from scripture already, in heaven there will not be men or woman as now, there will not be Jews or Greeks as now, ALL things are made new.
The context of all things made new is 'new Jerusalem, new bodies'. Not ceasing to be a human race.

God wanted a human race. God made a human race. A lot will change and a lot will remain the same.

Matt 19:6 What God has joined together let no one separate.

Active
We won't sin in heaven

- secondly because Christ has defeated the devil, it was the devil that caused us to sin, tempted us to sin, he is the enemy of souls doing everything to stop us coming to Christ, his

We would have sinned without the devil. That is why many of us will go to hell with the devil.

There will not be sin in heaven as everyone in heaven is washed and covered by the blood of Jesus. But to think we will be ''perfect'' is in my honest opinion absolute madness.

Only God is good and 'perfect' Mark 10:18. We will judge angels in heaven 1 Cor 6:3. Why?

I personally don't believe we will all get along. There will still be some annoying neighbors. But none 'sold out to wickedness'. None unrepentant.