Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Seriously ill

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Apple, Mar 24, 2007.

1. hallelujah! Praise the LORD He hears and answers our prayers for each other. Thank you Jesus for both answers. I am so pleased to hear this good news today. Keep that thankful heart and see what God will do sister.

God bless

Love in Christ :love: :rainbow: :rose:

2. If anybody is willing to pray for me to help me to get through tonight, then please do.

I am at the end of my tether.

3. Dear Apple,

I most certainly will be and have been praying for you, sister.

Do you mind if I say something?

To quote you...

I am at the end of my tether ...

In order to help in our prayers, we MUST confess Jesus. In other words, when we confess negative things, we first are not confessing Jesus, and second, we are affirming what we don't want. Since this is a public forum, when we confess in these posts, we are declaring amongst each other the things we type in. I'll explain to you how we can pray more effectively in a moment, but first, let me add this...

One could easily see your words as an honest confession (for that is no doubt what they are, and if you are saying this as a declaration of the end of your strength and therefore the beginning of Christ's mercy and grace, His strength, then we have rounded off the confession. Let us take for example,
    Psalm 6, where it begins with declaration of weakness, and finishes with declaration of the LORD'S faithfulness and love. Also, in 2Corinthians 12:9 we read ...And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So, dear Apple, let us focus more on the Lord as we go through our battles.

As for the pain you feel, I hate pain, really, I hate it, and for you I truely feel, only being able to guess what you are suffering. Any amount of pain is too much, except if it is a warning to us of danger, of course. So, yes, I pray for you.

Now, back to your note, I am at the end of my tether.....
    I know that we can easily use words to depict something, and yet we must be careful what words we use. Here you state you are tethered. As a Christian, young in the faith as you are, YOU ARE NOT TETHERED ! Declare it, shout it, confess it! You have been set free and you are free...no longer bound nor tethered...go on, say it now...I am free!!! and thank the Lord with all your heart, dear Apple. Now, in what you are saying, I can relate to that, that you are desperate and you've had ENOUGH ! You don't know how you will go on like this, am I right? It is OK to feel this way, but let me share somthing precious with you, Apple. When we truely see our limitations, as I too have done so on many occasion, we come to a place where we can let go, give up the struggle, stop fighting and admit defeat, but let us admit this to our Lord ..."Lord, All I have left is to trust in you...dear Lord " ..."this constant pain is too hard for me Lord....but I know it is not too hard for you, so I cast my heavy burden upon you Lord, am nothing without you...you are my everything Lord and I know you care...Oh Jesus...help me Lord for my stength is gone...I can not depend any longer on my own resources, so I turn to you, yield my life to you, my sick body, my hurt and damaged feelings, I am worn out by these many years of suffering and have come to the end of the road, my road, and now in faith, Lord, taking you at your word, I present myself, at your disposal....Have your way with me Dear Jesus, I am yours and I now want to enter in to your way where I know that you will lead me and guide me, that I am safe in your care, and you will tend to my broken body, and bind up my wounded soul, I trust you Lord, for I am so weak...but you...you are so strong... thank you Jesus...yes You are the Lord of my life, you are my strength, wonderful and lovely, holy and true...Oh bless the Lord oh my soul, bless His glorious name ...forever ...amen"

Dear Apple, in much love I write this to you, and I pray with and for you , day and night. Do not thank me , but thank our Lord Jesus Christ, who has given us hope and eternal life, who alone has done beautiful things in us and for us , and has healing in His wings. Bless you Apple, and let us give glory to the Lord, for He is good and faithful, it is He that leads us to love and pray. I am nothing , without Him, and everything in Him. Thank you Jesus.

Bless you ,

Br. Bear.

ps...if the pain persists, take one good look at Jesus, with a glass of Living Water, praise and thanksgiving for all He has done and for what He has prepared for all those who trust in Him, all day everyday until symptoms fade away.

pps....determine to get baptised as you have been encouraged to do so...
    this is important and urgent....time slips by, so don't put it off !!

4. Thank you Brother Bear for your kind reply and your prayer.

The good news is that I made it through the night, but the bad news is that I am still in so much pain. I need to go back to bed, it hurts so much when I am not laying down, but I want to write this first.

I understand about renewing the mind and thinking positive thoughts, but it is so hard to do that when:
    1. You are in so much pain.
    2. You are alone.
    3. Being a Christian is all new to you.
    Am I making excuses? - I hope not. I am just being honest with you.

"Lord, All I have left is to trust in you...dear Lord. This constant pain is too hard for me Lord....but I know it is not too hard for you, so I cast my heavy burden upon you Lord, am nothing without you...you are my everything Lord and I know you care...Oh Jesus...help me Lord for my stength is gone...I can not depend any longer on my own resources, so I turn to you, yield my life to you, my sick body, my hurt and damaged feelings, I am worn out by these many years of suffering and have come to the end of the road, my road, and now in faith, Lord, taking you at your word, I present myself, at your disposal....Have your way with me Dear Jesus, I am yours and I now want to enter in to your way where I know that you will lead me and guide me, that I am safe in your care, and you will tend to my broken body, and bind up my wounded soul, I trust you Lord, for I am so weak...but you...you are so strong... thank you Jesus...yes You are the Lord of my life, you are my strength, wonderful and lovely, holy and true...Oh bless the Lord oh my soul, bless His glorious name ...forever ...amen"

All I can say to that prayer is Amen, Amen, Amen.

:love:

5. #265 Tonyb, May 10, 2007
    Last edited: May 10, 2007
    Wow! What a prayer, Amen to that!

It can be scary making an initial contact with a new church, especially when you are new to the faith. So I can sympathise with your position. But once you do you will probably find your misgivings are unfounded.

Sometimes the problem with Christian websites is the Church is so busy doing other things the website tends to get neglected.

I would encourage you to make some sort of initial contact with the Christians in your area even if they 21km away. They should at the very least be made aware that you exist. There is a spiritual reason and principle as to why they should know. It is called discerning the Lord's body. God in His wisdom has within each region put other Christians with gifts and ministries to fulfil the needs of the people in that region, and you are one of the people. That's the general rule, other ministries such as apostles and prophets tend to itinerant in nature.

Blessings,
    Tony :love:

6. The prayer was from Brother Bear but thank you for agreeing with it.

I see what you are saying about the church situation - ummm!
    This is going to be so hard, but then everything that I am advised to do on this website seems to be so hard too - lol

Thank you to everybody who is praying for me. I really need your prayers.

7. #268 petecephas, May 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
    petecephas

Dear sister of Zion,

Permit me share this scripture with you;

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath no life.
    These things have i written unto you that believe on the name of the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
    And this is the confidence that that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us:
    And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."
    (1John 5:12-15) KJV
    Also read John 14:13-14.

This scripture i have quoted so that you may understand the plan of God for your life...which is ETERNAL LIFE. I can promise you that this sickness is NOT from God. It's the devil's plan to destroy you because you are the "apple of God's eye". How do i know this? Because God will not inflict you with such a terrible illness causing you so much pain.

Dear sister, i encourage you to try as much as possible to glorify Jesus in your illness. Eternal life is your portion, in Jesus' name. Verses 14 and 15 tell us that if we ask anything in His name, He will hear and answer us. God did not make us this promise for nothing, so hold Him tight to His words, fervently, faithfully, and confidently, and before u know it, every iota of pain will be gone.

I pray for you:

Heavenly and almighty father, i come before you this moment to intercede for your daughter who is suffering right now in the hands of the devil. Lord, i ask you to forgive every sin in her life, accept her as your child, and fight her battles for her. Every sickness and pain inflicted in her life by the enemy, Lord, take them away this moment in the powerful name of Jesus. I release the precious blood of Jesus into your body and blood stream to dry up every evil seed of illness and pain in the mighty name of Jesus. Jesus Lord, just say the word, and she'll be healed in the name of Jesus. Thank you Jesus for healing her. Plant the seed of eternal life in her life, so that she will live and testify to your goodness in the name of Jesus. Take all the glory and adoration, forever and ever. Amen.
    Sister, i cover you with the blood of Jesus. Sing praises unto the Lord for what He has done in your life today. For He has freed you from that evil tether. VICTORY!!!!

8. Sorry to ask a probably basic question, but how do you "glorify Jesus"?

:confused:

9. By giving the glory to Him. Worship him lift Him up. Magnify Jesus. Sing praises to Him. Glory in the highest. I will shout I will sing, glorify Your name. All of creations testifies and I will do the same. This song came on as I was typing this out to you.

Exalt Jesus lift Him up keep Your eyes on Him the healer. The giver of life.

We have to rejoice always. In everything we are to give thanks. Not for it but in it. Jesus is the one who can do the impossible. When man cannot do it Jesus can.

God bless

10. "By giving the glory to Him. Worship him lift Him up. Magnify Jesus. Sing praises to Him. Glory in the highest. I will shout I will sing, glorify Your name. All of creations testifies and I will do the same."

So sorry LLJ

:embarasse

but I don't understand what this means.

:embarasse

Sorry!

11. #272 ladylovesJesus, May 10, 2007
    Last edited: May 10, 2007
    Let me try it another way. In the Bible the word glory comes up a lot.

Jude 1.

25To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it).

Psalm 19. Amplified

1THE HEAVENS declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows and proclaims His handiwork.(A)

Psalm 19 The Message

1-2 God's glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon

Psalm 29 The Message

A David Psalm

1-2 Bravo, God, bravo! Gods and all angels shout, "Encore!"
    In awe before the glory,
    in awe before God's visible power.
    Stand at attention!
    Dress your best to honor him!

3 God thunders across the waters,
    Brilliant, his voice and his face, streaming brightness—
    God, across the flood waters.

Psalm 29 Amplified

1[a]ASCRIBE TO the Lord, O sons of the mighty, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.

2Give to the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness or in holy array.

3The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; the God of glory thunders; the Lord is upon many (great) waters.

4The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

Hope this clarifies things for you dear sister

God bless

12. So what do I have to do to glorify Jesus?

Is it the same as to praise him?

13. In a word Yes. Praise Him and talk to Him. Spend time with Him.

He longs to hear you talking to Him and worshipping and prasing Him for He is worthy to be praised and worshipped and thanked and adored.

Praise the name of Jesus He is my rock He is my fortress He is my deliverer in Him will I trust.

He is our ever present help in times of trouble.

God bless

14. Thank you - Now I understand!

15. #276 petecephas, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
    How do i glorify Jesus, by sister apple?

Dear sister,

Thank you so much for your question.
    Obviously, as a christian I know that you recognize Christ as your Lord and Savior, and your ALL. By recognizing and accepting Him, you are glorifying Him. Of course, we can glorify Him in many ways…and in different situations.
    But now, you can glorify Jesus in your illness by the doing the following things;

(1) Always thank Him for everything, even the illness and the pains. for still keeping you alive. Thank Him because you know that He will use this to prove Himself Mighty in your life. The bible says we should thank God for everything.

(2) Do not let fear, pain, or distress overcome your FAITH and HOPE. Hold tight to your faith, believing that everything you ask, proclaim, confess, or do, has been accepted and granted by Heaven.

(3) Always proclaim good health, for Jesus has already healed you by His stripes. (1Peter2:24) Say, “Jesus I thank you for healing me spiritually and physically)

(4) Declare that you will not die by this illness, but you shall live according to God’s promise. God never lies. (John 11:4)

(5) In your pain and sleeplessness, sing praise and worship songs to lift up Jesus’ name. When you do this, you will hardly feel those pains because you’ll be overwhelmed by the spirit.

(6) How often do you fast? Well, you can consider going into a fasting and prayer program. (Matt.17:21) This is a spiritual exercise which brings you closer to God, and you can really feel His presence. And can also bring faster results.

(7) Fellowship with others, and always pray and read your bible.

Read these scriptures about fasting.
    Esther 4:2
    1Corinth. 7:5
    Acts 10:30-31

Recieve your miracle today, sister apple!!!

16. Thank you for your very clear answer.

A lot of it seems very dificult for me to even contemplate, eg thanking God for my illness and pain, but at least I know what I should be aiming for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. My dear sister in Christ,

I speak peace unto now, and i invite the spirit of the living God to arise and take total control of your life, in the name of Jesus. Sometimes we know not what to pray for, but the spirit intercedes for us coz He knows our hearts. And He's interceding even right now for you. (Romans 8:26) The spirit of God is praying for you, and He's asking you to give Him the chance to comfort you, teach you, and lead you. Just close your eyes, sing a worship song or two, and then open your mouth and begin to pray like this:

"Holy spirit come into my life, i offer my body to you, come and take total control and move in your power, in Jesus' name." Pray it as many times as you can, and i promise you that you'll begin to feel His presence.

18. Thank you for your kind post and advice.

Another question:

In your post, you mention the spirit of God. Is the spirit of God another name for the Holy Spirit or is this different?

19. 1 Corinthians 3.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The Holy Spirit lives in You. There are different names for the Holy Spirit.

John 15.

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

God bless you dear sister