• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Staff Member
Greetings,

Do you listen to scripture in song?

There are several or maybe even a lot? of resources available that give or sell music that is only scripture accompanied by music , the Scripture being sung.

Do you know of any and if so do you have a favourite?
Tell us why you like it!

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
I like "For I am Crucified in Christ" by Phillips, Craig and Dean. It has about 10 verses in it.
Also I like "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin. It has a a couple of verses in it as well.

But I notice more and more of today's "Christian" music is getting away from scripture.

Staff Member
Greetings,

thanks for the reply B-A-C.
I probably didn't word it right but I meant songs that are only Scripture.

Most i have listened to are not musically flash and top of the pops sort of thing. They are usually what people might consider bland in comparison with the majority of other stuff out there but they are simple, and the music and the artist and their fame and fortune, etc is not the focus.
That might explain why
more and more of today's "Christian" music is getting away from scripture.

Grace and Peace.

Bless you ....><>

Greetings,

There are several or maybe even a lot? of resources available that give or sell music that is only scripture accompanied by music , the Scripture being sung.

Tell us why you like it!

Bless you ....><>

Here is one I am listening to recently, Psalm 139 (vs.1-10) by Mercy Me a favorite chapter on the book of Psalms :).

Michael Card has been a fave christian, singer of mine since right around the time I was saved. One of his first songs, well, the first I heard was this one:
Greetings,

Tell us why you like it!

Bless you ....><>
Michael Card at one time made a statement about wanting to write songs including all the verses of the bible, something like that. Anyway, I've always loved many of his songs. Here's one I remember. Well the first link is to a wiki about Michael in case you don't know who he is:
Michael Card - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loyal
Many years ago I had a series of cassette tapes called, "scripture memory songs", sung by many different artists. I think, "Integrity Music" produced them." I listened to them so much I still sing them to myself today. They are all 100% scripture which is why I liked them so much. I am sure they can still be purchased online somewhere.

Hi Br Bear, I use to like the "Scripture in Song" song book which most of the Churches in my area used back in the day. I also enjoyed scripture sung by Dave & Dale Garrett. They were real oldies but goodies. I like the Maranatha singers with this rendition of Beauty For Ashes.

It's a little slower than how we sang it in Church but still hauntingly beautiful. It reminds me of God's love toward us by sending us his sinless, holy, merciful and gracious son Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior.
Isaiah 61:3

Active
Yes I love scripture in song I have two tapes of theirs I listen to over and over in the car and never tire of them they are timeless.

For those who dont know google the Garetts they are a husband and wife ministry team from nz. They put scripture to music and its powerful, they werent even trained musicians when God called them to do this.

Its hard to pick a favourite but 'this is the day' the Lord hath made is one of the catchiest lol.