• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Rapture is false Doctrine

Active
@Reba1 -- a person does Not see babies being baptized / sprinkled or anything else in God's Word. It's people who are old enough to know right from wrong and make their own Personal decision to follow Jesus Christ or Not. Those who have already believed in their heart and confessed with their mouth are the one's who will be baptized by immersion whenever possible as a testimony to others of their already inner belief.

Scripture reads the same Today as it did 50 yrs ago and will read the same 50 From now.
@Sue D. Do you see scripture exactly the same as you always have?. Exactly ? Have you not learned anything new for His Word?

Active
Sir. Where do you get that stuff?
2Peter 3:8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.

Active
@Reba1 -- a person does Not see babies being baptized / sprinkled or anything else in God's Word. It's people who are old enough to know right from wrong and make their own Personal decision to follow Jesus Christ or Not. Those who have already believed in their heart and confessed with their mouth are the one's who will be baptized by immersion whenever possible as a testimony to others of their already inner belief.

Scripture reads the same Today as it did 50 yrs ago and will read the same 50 From now.
"a person does Not see babies being baptized / sprinkled or anything else in God's Word."

Do you know for sure there were not children or babies in Lydia's household ? To the point of baptizing babies i dont have a opinion one way or the other. To me baptism is in a river and dunked. Not everyone has a river.
Act 16:14 And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul.
Act 16:15 And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Active
Do you know for sure there were not children or babies in Lydia's household ? To the point of baptizing babies i dont have a opinion one way or the other. To me baptism is in a river and dunked. Not everyone has a river.
If babies and infants were permitted to be baptised unto salvation then scriptures would openly teach this.
Jesus and the apostles teach us in scripture to repent and to be baptised (full immersion not sprinkled) and to confess our faith - babies and infants cannot do this nor need to - it is to do with an age of understanding.

1Corinthians 7:
12 To the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. 13 If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is consecrated through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is consecrated through her husband. Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but as it is they are holy.

Active
If babies and infants were permitted to be baptised unto salvation then scriptures would openly teach this.
Jesus and the apostles teach us in scripture to repent and to be baptised (full immersion not sprinkled) and to confess our faith - babies and infants cannot do this nor need to - it is to do with an age of understanding.

1Corinthians 7:
12 To the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. 13 If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is consecrated through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is consecrated through her husband. Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but as it is they are holy.
Your post does not answer the question. Do you know there was not babes or children in Lydia's household? We do not know . Can you show me a Scripture passage for the age of accountability?

Active
John 11: the resurrection of Lazarus
22 And even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you.”
23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
24 Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
26 and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

Active
Your post does not answer the question. Do you know there was not babes or children in Lydia's household? We do not know . Can you show me a Scripture passage for the age of accountability?
My post does indeed answer your question.
Are there any examples of babies and infants being baptised? List them please.
And how do babies and infants repent? Or call on the name of the Lord? How do babies believe the gospel?

"Do you know there was not babes or children in Lydia's household? We do not know " >> exactly right. So why make an issue of an unknown in scripture.
Where do the scriptures specifically inform us that babies and infants got baptised and called on the name of the Lord?

Active
My post does indeed answer your question.
Are there any examples of babies and infants being baptised? List them please.
And how do babies and infants repent? Or call on the name of the Lord? How do babies believe the gospel?

"Do you know there was not babes or children in Lydia's household? We do not know " >> exactly right. So why make an issue of an unknown in scripture.
Where do the scriptures specifically inform us that babies and infants got baptised and called on the name of the Lord?
The question was do we know if there was children and /or babies in Lydia's house hold? Are you willing to answer?

Active
2Peter 3:8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.
That's what I thought....Notice though...It does not say one day is a thousand years...It does not say a thousand years is a day...It says that to an eternal God there is no measurement of time....a day? a thousand years? Its all the same to Him. 2 Pete 3:8 is a metaphor describing how time is irrelevant to an eternal God. Look at that single verse in context of the entire chapter...See what is being spoken of.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again....You cannot take a single verse and make an entire doctrine out of it.

Loyal

Really not for me, I am constantly learning new and growing, I once believed in the pre-trib back when I was listening to man more then reading the word on my own. I know lots of people who see scripture diffrently today then they saw it when they first started reading it, me included. scripture has to be revealed to us from the Holly spirit in order to understand it, we have to grow in scripture.

Active
You decide what you believe based on the Word...Don't make that decision based on your feelings...or you'll change your mind in about ten minutes.

Active
I have more than once. It is just that you do not like my answers from scripture.
You really believe you answered the question about Lydia's household? Do we know if there were children and or babes in her household ? it is a simple and direct question . You provided replies but they were not an answer to the question, You answer my question and i will answer yours.

Loyal
Really not for me, I am constantly learning new and growing, I once believed in the pre-trib back when I was listening to man more then reading the word on my own. I know lots of people who see scripture diffrently today then they saw it when they first started reading it, me included. scripture has to be revealed to us from the Holly spirit in order to understand it, we have to grow in scripture.

God's Word does Not change -- and, yes, We need to be reading and learning From God's Word all the time. Society wants to 'adjust' God's Word to fit their desires -- not have their desires change to agree with God's Word. That is what I was saying.

Loyal

Do You have children? I do -- I've had four and know about what age they are in order to understand right from wrong and be able to make decisions on their own. Lots of kids -- small children -- are very curious early on -- they are constantly asking 'why'. They are learning to Talk -- to Express themselves. And Those things are necessary For being able To express themselves and to ask questions about salvation. A child needs to understand that they are a sinner. That they've done something wrong. A child Can be led to salvation, but they also want to please people. So -- the adult needs to be Very sure that the child understands.

So -- your example with Lydias' household -- why bring it up since you've already stated that We Don't Know.

Scripture does say that she accepted Christ and her household did Also. That would indicate that they were old enough To understand and accept on their own.

Active
Do You have children? I do -- I've had four and know about what age they are in order to understand right from wrong and be able to make decisions on their own. Lots of kids -- small children -- are very curious early on -- they are constantly asking 'why'. They are learning to Talk -- to Express themselves. And Those things are necessary For being able To express themselves and to ask questions about salvation. A child needs to understand that they are a sinner. That they've done something wrong. A child Can be led to salvation, but they also want to please people. So -- the adult needs to be Very sure that the child understands.

So -- your example with Lydias' household -- why bring it up since you've already stated that We Don't Know.

Scripture does say that she accepted Christ and her household did Also. That would indicate that they were old enough To understand and accept on their own.
Do we know if there were children and or babies in Lydia's household? Is that really a hard question? You choose to make an assumption on the age of those in her house hold, when Scripture does not tell us of their ages.

Yes i have 2 kids, 5 grandkids 2 great grandkids. :)

Active
Do we know if there were children and or babies in Lydia's household? Is that really a hard question?
My goodness what is going on here ?????????????????

Dod-tail.gif