• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Mosque to be built near ground zero

Islam wants our demise, as well as the demise of Israel.

Read the Hamas Charter....listen to the leader of Iran. They are very clear that want world domination over all other religions.

After 9/11, I researched for months, then years. I assure you, islam is not a religion of peace.

I'm not saying that there aren't peaceful muslims, but we sure do not hear anything from them.

Just look at the arrests in our own nation the past years of muslims, trying to carry out attacks. We really, really need to wake up, and stand up for ourselves, and for Israel.

Gen 12:3 states it very clearly.

To follow Jesus is to become a forgiver, Alex, forgiving all the time - not condoning the sin, but forgiving the sinner.

SLE

Forgiveness also means not allowing them to do it again.
Forgiveness means not to let people walk over anyone just
because they have pardoned the things in the past.
These people who claim to be 'spreading peace' by building this
mosque, are teaching a false religion of hate. In fact, this can't even
be classified as a false religion, it is a way of life for Muslims.
In their Quran are texts full of hate and everything contradicts.
Examples:

The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223
Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like
If the woman didnt want to have sex, then they say the angels curse her...
This can bring rape and other types of sexual abuse into the picture.

Quran in Sura 2:228
Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status
This shows what they think of women, they are not equal. God says that everyone is equal in Christ!! Galatians 3:28

Quran in Sura 4:3
And if you be apprehensive that you will not be able to do justice to the orphans, you may marry two or three or four women whom you choose.
In this part, it states they may marry more than one woman. This is against
God, since we must be loyal to ONE wife, and love that one wife like Jesus
loved the church. Ephesians 5:25

Quran in Sura 4:34
If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them.
This states that the Muslim men are apparently allowed to hit and abuse
their wives. Jesus would never EVER approve.

These are just SOME of the things they teach...I would not want to live anywhere near a place like this where they teach such disgusting acts.
I would be fearful for my future wife and children, if God blesses me with them.
I do not approve of this mosque, not only is it disrespectful, but it is also
inviting human beings to treat others terribly.

Forgiveness also means not allowing them to do it again.
Forgiveness means not to let people walk over anyone just
because they have pardoned the things in the past.
These people who claim to be 'spreading peace' by building this
mosque, are teaching a false religion of hate. In fact, this can't even
be classified as a false religion, it is a way of life for Muslims.
In their Quran are texts full of hate and everything contradicts.
Examples:

The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223
Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like
If the woman didnt want to have sex, then they say the angels curse her...
This can bring rape and other types of sexual abuse into the picture.

Quran in Sura 2:228
Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status
This shows what they think of women, they are not equal. God says that everyone is equal in Christ!! Galatians 3:28

Quran in Sura 4:3
And if you be apprehensive that you will not be able to do justice to the orphans, you may marry two or three or four women whom you choose.
In this part, it states they may marry more than one woman. This is against
God, since we must be loyal to ONE wife, and love that one wife like Jesus
loved the church. Ephesians 5:25

Quran in Sura 4:34
If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them.
This states that the Muslim men are apparently allowed to hit and abuse
their wives. Jesus would never EVER approve.

These are just SOME of the things they teach...I would not want to live anywhere near a place like this where they teach such disgusting acts.
I would be fearful for my future wife and children, if God blesses me with them.
I do not approve of this mosque, not only is it disrespectful, but it is also

I'm thankful to see others have educated themselves.

Gen 12:3 states it very clearly.

I do appreciate your opinion, and do understand that there are enemies in this world. However, I think you are a bit mistaken on the verse you provided. It is true that people will try to hurt us, but it is not up to us to fight back, for that is God's territory. We are but mortals you must remember. The Lord God has promised to fight for us and never abandon us, that is the "I" that verse refers to- God, not you or me.

Remember that He will help us, always, as long as we live according to his will which is to love ALL regardless. Do not let hate fill your heart even in the smallest bit, for that is what the devil wants. Do not let the devil guide your actions or emotions, even toward your enemies. And remember, God will bless you and judge you the way you bless and judge others.

If we are going to stand up at all, let it not be in defense, but in love.

Do not fear

I would be fearful for my future wife and children, if God blesses me with them. I do not approve of this mosque, not only is it disrespectful, but it is also

Do not be fearful, Alex, for in God there is no fear. Give your life to Him. Place your heart in His hands, and you will no longer be fearful. Also, I see you are worried that they may step all over you if you forgive them, but do not be fearful of even that, because the Lord will protect you if you give Him your heart. Your body and your physical well being may be hurt, but when your heart belongs to God, no harm will touch it.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:7)

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Josh 1:9)

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident." (Psalm 27:1,3)

And I say to you, Alex, for you and your future family: "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, He will come with vengeance; with divine retribution, He will come to save you." (Isaiah 35:4-7)

In fact, this can't even be classified as a false religion, it is a way of life for Muslims.

People need to stop seeing the battle against Islamic Terrorism as religion vs religion. This has never been about religion; its always been about competing views on spirituality - the spiritual way of life. Christ never intended Christianity to be seen as a religion. As Christians we are called into a way of life, too, but ours is the way of life that Jesus followed on earth and has set forth for us to follow. Study Mt 5:38-48; it is here that Jesus gives us His commands on human relations, commands that center on unconditional love and forgiveness.

Finally, remember Paul's words in Eph 6:12 NIV, "Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." We won't win this spiritual war by worldly combat alone (with hate as the rallying cry). It will only be won by a massive, persistent prayer-based spiritual assault against Satan, against his demons, and against their human lackeys.

SLE

Islam is indeed against Christian spirituality but it is also against everything and everyone else. This includes every aspect of life that is not subjugated to their demonic and oppressive religion.
Historically such conquerors came to nations that God was chastising and that was to give them a wake up call to turn back to Him.

from the free republic website:
What the Quran says about Jihad
The Muslims are commanded to wage an everlasting war against the unbelievers and are assured victory in the struggle. Surely, the Marxist social philosophy is an extension of the Koranic doctrine. To realize the significance of this statement, one ought to read the following:
1. On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. (The Cow: 161 )
2. Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. ( The Cow: 15 )
3. The worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful, who will not believe. (Spoils of War: 55)
4. Oh ye who believe! the non-Muslims are unclean. (Repentance:17)
5. Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you. (Repentance: 123)
6. Oh believers, do not treat your fathers and mothers as your friends, if they prefer unbelief to belief, whosoever of you takes them for friends, they are evil-doers. (Repentance: 20) 7. Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute. ( Repentance: 29 )

Anger is not a sin, but when out of control, can cause us
to do so...
Jesus got angry for the right reasons. Think about the times
in the Bible He got angry...and let's learn to be angry when
someone goes hungry and no one feeds them, when someone
is hurt and no one helps them out, and in a time when our people
are heartbroken and hurt over this situation and others, lets turn
our anger for good reasons into a plan of action. This should teach us
all that when Jesus was full of emotion...He did something...He didnt
let His emotion die.

I do appreciate your opinion, and do understand that there are enemies in this world. However, I think you are a bit mistaken on the verse you provided. It is true that people will try to hurt us, but it is not up to us to fight back, for that is God's territory. We are but mortals you must remember. The Lord God has promised to fight for us and never abandon us, that is the "I" that verse refers to- God, not you or me.

Remember that He will help us, always, as long as we live according to his will which is to love ALL regardless. Do not let hate fill your heart even in the smallest bit, for that is what the devil wants. Do not let the devil guide your actions or emotions, even toward your enemies. And remember, God will bless you and judge you the way you bless and judge others.

If we are going to stand up at all, let it not be in defense, but in love.
Hate doesn't fill my heart. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it is that kind of attitude that has gotten our country into the mess it's in.

If we, as Gods' children were to just all lay down and die, Christianity wouldn't have gotten to be where it is today.

We can love them all we want, but their ideology instructs them to "kill all infidels". Just about every conflict you will find on the globe, islam is a part of it. They are the ones with hatred in their hearts....as the Israelites.

The Lord told us that He will "bless those that bless His people". There were not "buts" or "ifs" about it. He was pretty clear. Islam is Israels' enemy. THEY have said that, just as they have said they are our enemy.....I didn't say that...they did. To suggest that the Lord just wants us to sit back and let them destroy us, as well as Israel goes against the Genesis verse.

To suggest that the Lord just wants us to sit back and let them destroy us, as well as Israel goes against the Genesis verse.

I do not think we should sit back and let anyone destroy us, but in fact let God fight these wars for us, which means we simply pray for both us and them and ask God to help us win this war in a loving manner- not a hateful one. The Lord God said Himself:
"But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you." Matthew 5:39
Must we still do something, of course; must we do it in a loving manner, of course. They may be your enemy, but we are instructed to love and help even our enemies- help not in the sense of perpetuating their claims, but praying for their souls. And the love the Bible speaks of does not mean you must be "in love" with these people, it is a type of brotherly love for all humankind. Again, does that mean maintaining their claims? no. But that also means showing respect, care, and love for everyone, even your enemies. Again, respect in the sense of perpetuating their claims? no, but a brotherly respect that we are to have for all humans.

"If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you." Proverbs 25:21-22

"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:44

dannibear;163063]Anger is not a sin, but when out of control, can cause us to do so...

I think that anger is one of Satan's favorite weapons. Everything God does is based on agape - perfect love, while everything Satan does is based on sane (saw-nay) - personal hatred. When people pour out rage (personal hatred) against Muslims they are being duped into waging war Satan's way. When he gets people to hate each other, he wins! We need to fight this war God's way and we're reluctant to do so because we have so little understanding of God's power.

Do you want an example of God's power? In the Garden of Gethsemeni, when Judas and his rag-tag bunch came with their swords and clubs to arrest Jesus, one of Jesus' followers (probably Peter) got brave and pulled out a sword. Jesus told him to put that thing away saying, "Do you think I cannot call on my Father and He will at once put put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"(Mt 26:53 NIV). Figuring 6000 in a legion (as the Romans did), that would add up to more than 72,000 angels! Against that kind of power, the devil and his servants will melt away faster than ice cream on a hot summer day!

SLE

Not sharing the fact that their demonic religion is leading them to hell is real hate speech. God calls us to love and forgive our enemies, this I do and I cover them prayerfully on a regular basis.That however is no command to leave the front door open with welcome please come do what you want signs hanging on the walls.
God gives wisdom to all who ask and it is not wisdom to give people sworn to kill you the freedom to do so.
If (and only if) only 10% of Muslims want to kill us in the name of their idol god that is 100.000,000 people.
That does not count the "moderates" (even ones I personally know for a fact do this) who send $ and support to the "10%".
All that being said, why would anyone want to build a Mosque where it is guaranteed to foster resentment, ill will and pain? Since the Imam is a felon with strong anti- US ties to extremists it can be only one reason- continuibg the Muslim tradition of building a Mosque on the site of a "conquered territory". And again, that is the origin of the name of the Mosque, the "Cordoba Project" aptly named in remembrance of the slaughter of Jews and Christians in the muslim conquest of Cordoba Spain.

I do not think we should sit back and let anyone destroy us, but in fact let God fight these wars for us, which means we simply pray for both us and them and ask God to help us win this war in a loving manner- not a hateful one. The Lord God said Himself:
"But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you." Matthew 5:39
Our people haven't just been slapped....we've been brutally murdered. All 3000 of them. How many more attacks have been thwarted since 9/11? These people are murdering/raping/pillaging all over the world. And, we are just to allow that to continue?

Islam is pure evil. That is to be resisted. Christians and Jews have been on the defensive from them ever since they have come into existence.

Did David run away from Goliath?
Did he just "turn the other cheek?

Goliath was a Philistine....the SAME people that we are defending ourselves against today.

I think that anger is one of Satan's favorite weapons. Everything God does is based on agape - perfect love, while everything Satan does is based on sane (saw-nay) - personal hatred. When people pour out rage (personal hatred) against Muslims they are being duped into waging war Satan's way. When he gets people to hate each other, he wins! We need to fight this war God's way and we're reluctant to do so because we have so little understanding of God's power.

Do you want an example of God's power? In the Garden of Gethsemeni, when Judas and his rag-tag bunch came with their swords and clubs to arrest Jesus, one of Jesus' followers (probably Peter) got brave and pulled out a sword. Jesus told him to put that thing away saying, "Do you think I cannot call on my Father and He will at once put put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?"(Mt 26:53 NIV). Figuring 6000 in a legion (as the Romans did), that would add up to more than 72,000 angels! Against that kind of power, the devil and his servants will melt away faster than ice cream on a hot summer day!

SLE

It is Jesus that got angry when people were turning His house of
worship into a 'den of thieves'. John 2:15-16
He got frustrated with His disciples Matthew 17:17
He got angry with the Pharisees Mark 3:5

Jesus got angry, and for a good reason. He got angry because
the Pharisees were telling Him not to heal a man who had been
sick for years. He got angry when people were scamming inside
His place of worship. Anger is not a sin. Only when used
for the wrong reasons. I get angry when someone walks
by a homeless person and doesnt help them out, and out
of my anger for the selfish person, and concern and compassion
for the homeless person, I give them money and food to eat.
Jesus gave us these emotions for a reason. But not the wrong
ones. Like everything else, we must control our anger.
People are angry and hurt for what happened on 9/11.
And most of those who are angry, are raising awareness,
are holding prayer groups, and are comforting those
who lost loved ones. That is an example of what is being done
out of anger for a RIGHT reason.

Last edited:
It is Jesus that got angry when people were turning His house of
worship into a 'den of thieves'. John 2:15-16
He got frustrated with His disciples Matthew 17:17
He got angry with the Pharisees Mark 3:5

Jesus got angry, and for a good reason. He got angry because
the Pharisees were telling Him not to heal a man who had been
sick for years. He got angry when people were scamming inside
His place of worship. Anger is not a sin. Only when used
for the wrong reasons. I get angry when someone walks
by a homeless person and doesnt help them out, and out
of my anger for the selfish person, and concern and compassion
for the homeless person, I give them money and food to eat.
Jesus gave us these emotions for a reason. But not the wrong
ones. Like everything else, we must control our anger.
People are angry and hurt for what happened on 9/11.
And most of those who are angry, are raising awareness,
are holding prayer groups, and are comforting those
who lost loved ones. That is an example of what is being done
out of anger for a RIGHT reason.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with being angry when others are being
wronged. That is the emotion we SHOULD feel. Nothing
ever gets done when someone doesn't feel for another's pain.
Those that feel for the pain of hungry children start food drives
or at least contribute, some even go overseas. The pain of those
who lost loved ones in 9/11 are no different. The Muslims that
want to 'bridge a gap' and 'encourage peace' should see the
pain of those mourning for their loved ones. If they really cared,
the first thing they would have done was move the mosque.
There are plenty other places in New York to go to.
If they want to spread peace so badly, they would be concerned
with the fact that no one wants it in that location, out of respect.
I would have believed it then if they wanted to show 'peace' but
that is not their motive.

The world I live in, that I (not the news or church), I live in is label less. My impression of individuals is based on character , not skin, sexual orientation, sex or religious beliefs. If I was to live like the American standard Fox try to portray, I'd join a tea party and burn islamic books.

1, That would be completely against what Fox portrays but is of course a normal jab of the uniformed critic.
2. I am glad you are willing to judge those folks individually. As I have already demonstrated that the Imam is a repeated felon, has a history of anti-US sentiments, politics and associations I would ask you to watch the news closely in the next few weeks as you will see a lot of the terrorists connections this man has brought to light.

I personally think all media outlets are trying to play us as fools for their one goal (ratings and money). Why write an article about or greatly publicize one small church that is going to burn the quran or a pastor whose services are barely attended that will only preach anti-Islam sermons near ground zero? Because it will inflame people and get them to tune in. You can always find extremists doing extreme acts. Why not write about the churches that focus on God's gospel of love? Because that would mean lower ratings and less money. I'm not saying that we should ignore the news but that we should all proactively think about why something is important to know and why that news source wants us to know.

Here is what the New Testament teaches about how to treat our enemies:
Luke 6:27-33
[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you...[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that.

What is love?
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

How can the light of God's love and the Holy Spirit shine through us for others to see when we are so focused on vengeance (which is supposed to be God's to deliver)? What kind of picture are we painting for non-believers who we want to know the truth about God's love and mercy? I don't think we should compromise our Christianity in order to bring people into the fold but I do think we have to think about where our focus lies. I have been living in a Muslim country for about 19 months in order to do development work and I hope to show them the love of Christ by showing them what Jesus' sacrifice means to me - that I should give up my life to help others as He did. My religion comes up fairly early in conversations so people know that I am an American Christian and I have only been treated with hospitality, kindness and generosity. I want the people that I have grown to care about here to know the truth about Jesus but when they watch Al Jazeera which would love to focus on quran burnings it only makes them more defensive and hardened against the message that comes from people who they hear call them inherently evil.

I understand being against Islam - I am against Islam and all religions that deny the fact that Jesus is the son of God who was crucified for our sins but lets not forget that those who follow Islam are people like we were before we were saved who are blind to the truth and misled by the world and that we need to pray for them and show them by example what the one and only way to God means for our lives.

Matthew 22:36-40
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Sounds harsh but who calls the media and declares a book burning day. It's obvious this has nothing to do with the gospel but living out some hate fantasy.

As I said in an earlier post, when the devil can get two people groups to hate each other, he wins! That's what's happening right now.

SLE

I am neither a christian nor a muslim. I seek to see the unity of religious teachings. There is much unity between Christianity and Islam.
Gods message comes in many forms to many people in different places and different times. There is no seperation only unity. Any seperation and division is what we (mankind) are deluded about. We may seek and find God in holy scripture be it the bible the koran or anything else. The test of its authenticity will be on our hearts. If God is love does it speak of love?
If GOd is unity does it speak of unity?
If God is compassion does it speak of compassion?
Were there is apparant difference can we use this difference to find bigger truth? For the whole truth may be larger than the sum of its parts.
This notion of a GOd of unification may be a challenge to many but it an understanding that will heal the hurt and lead to a better tomorrow