• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Is speaking in tongues necessary to be saved?

Active
Dear God's Truth,
Clearly you misunderstood what I had posted. I asked for Scripture supporting your position that tongues has ceased.
Unless you can do so, it's really irrelevant that other conditions apply to its practice because you don't have an iron in that fire. Oh, for future usage, you might just want to rethink your reasoning concerning the last sentence you wrote above. This is the very reason why Paul stated that there should be one available to interpret what was being said by the person speaking in tongues.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
It sounds like you are just repeating yourself and denying that I am showing truth about speaking in tongues and how the tongues done nowadays is not the tongues of the Bible. Denial is no defense for truth.

Staff Member
It sounds like you are just repeating yourself and denying that I am showing truth about speaking in tongues and how the tongues done nowadays is not the tongues of the Bible. Denial is no defense for truth.
Dear God's Truth,
Yes, it does appear I'm repeating myself. Difficulties in talking to someone who fails to digest what the other person has written seems to be a problem I encounter now and again with certain members. Normally, it's because they do understand what is being asked of them but are unable to support with Scripture the narrative they share in their postings. You clearly fall into this category of poster, because at best you are tweaking/deflecting with each succeeding reply back to me so that it contains minute differences then what was asked of you so it will appear that it is the fault of the other person. Meaning me. :)All the while failing to answer the basic question continued to be asked of you. Which is: What Scriptural verses can you share that support the position you have stated that the Gift of Tongues has ceased to be active/given?

Clearly you have knowledge on the subject of the Gift of Tongues, but also what is clear is that the conclusion you have come to concerning its cessation is faulty. There could be multiple reason for it i.e., you have now seen that your position is wrong but don't want to admit to it, or you can't quiet remember the exact verses that support your position but won't admit to it and would rather obfuscate then admit to it. Regardless, it doesn't speak well of you brother. Personally, I'd rather admit and apologize once I realize my mistake then to continue on with a charade that benefits no one but the devil.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
Dear God's Truth,
Yes, it does appear I'm repeating myself. Difficulties in talking to someone who fails to digest what the other person has written seems to be a problem I encounter now and again with certain members. Normally, it's because they do understand what is being asked of them but are unable to support with Scripture the narrative they share in their postings. You clearly fall into this category of poster, because at best you are tweaking/deflecting with each succeeding reply back to me so that it contains minute differences then what was asked of you so it will appear that it is the fault of the other person. Meaning me. :)All the while failing to answer the basic question continued to be asked of you. Which is: What Scriptural verses can you share that support the position you have stated that the Gift of Tongues has ceased to be active/given?

Clearly you have knowledge on the subject of the Gift of Tongues, but also what is clear is that the conclusion you have come to concerning its cessation is faulty. There could be multiple reason for it i.e., you have now seen that your position is wrong but don't want to admit to it, or you can't quiet remember the exact verses that support your position but won't admit to it and would rather obfuscate then admit to it. Regardless, it doesn't speak well of you brother. Personally, I'd rather admit and apologize once I realize my mistake then to continue on with a charade that benefits no one but the devil.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
Of course I don't agree with what you said and your opinions about me. Sorry you feel the way you do, and I'll just post to others who want to discuss scriptures and not what they think of me personally. God bless.

Staff Member
Of course I don't agree with what you said and your opinions about me. Sorry you feel the way you do, and I'll just post to others who want to discuss scriptures and not what they think of me personally. God bless.
Dear God's Truth,
I hope you will find the Scriptures for others that you couldn't find for me. :cool:
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
It sounds like you are just repeating yourself and denying that I am showing truth about speaking in tongues and how the tongues done nowadays is not the tongues of the Bible.
You have never posted any truth from scripture - simply your opinion and interpretation of scripture to fit in with your cessationist doctrine.
We are commanded in scripture to pray in tongues as disciples:

Jude 1:17 But YE beloved, remember the words spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 that they said to you, In the last time mockers shall be, walking after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These are they who make separations, having only soul, not having Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, - [1Cor 14:2-3, 1Cor 14:14-15]
21 keep yourselves in God’s love, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Note that these verses are referring to the last time which is our time in which the latter rain of the Holy Spirit has been poured out.
So what is the difference between believers who do not have the Holy Spirit and believers who do have the Holy Spirit? - for both can pray with their understanding.
The answer is praying in tongues - those without the Spirit of God do not pray in tongues.

Staff Member
Are you blind? Is that what those glasses mean? :)
Dear God's Truth,
LOL - I hope the emoji that you used doesn't mean that you're bald!
However, just in case you don't know: :cool: = it's cool :) and no I'm not bald, but give it some time I may yet get there!

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
You have never posted any truth from scripture - simply your opinion and interpretation of scripture to fit in with your cessationist doctrine.
We are commanded in scripture to pray in tongues as disciples:
I have posted many scriptures proving what tongues are, and what tongues aren't.
I have proven with scripture that tongues are real languages, languages one must know or not to speak, and that it was a sign to the Jews, as a testimony from God, during the beginning of the laying of the foundation when the message was first being taught.
I have proven with scripture that the sign was given, the foundation has been laid, the testimony from God was given, and it is finished, you can't add anything.
Jude 1:17 But YE beloved, remember the words spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 that they said to you, In the last time mockers shall be, walking after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These are they who make separations, having only soul, not having Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, - [1Cor 14:2-3, 1Cor 14:14-15]
21 keep yourselves in God’s love, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Note that these verses are referring to the last time which is our time in which the latter rain of the Holy Spirit has been poured out.
They called those times the last times.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
So what is the difference between believers who do not have the Holy Spirit and believers who do have the Holy Spirit? - for both can pray with their understanding.
Those believers without the Holy Spirit aren't saved yet.
When one is given the Holy Spirit are careful about their lives and doctrine, then they will see and accept the truth when they are acting out of line to the truth. We get understanding after we believe and obey.
The answer is praying in tongues - those without the Spirit of God do not pray in tongues.
That is definitely not true now, and not even true when speaking in tongues was real.

There are many people who can speak in tongues/languages of the world and not have the Spirit.

Not everyone spoke in tongues (1 Cor 14:5).

This scripture tells us that tongues “will be stilled”:

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

From that scripture alone, we see that love is the gift that will never stop. There are other scriptures about having the gift to encourage others, and the gift to give faith, and the gift of having knowledge, and those gifts aren’t said to cease one day like prophecies, new knowledge and tongues would.

Read this scripture, it proves that having the Holy Spirit is more important than speaking in tongues.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Active
Dear God's Truth,
LOL - I hope the emoji that you used doesn't mean that you're bald!
However, just in case you don't know: :cool: = it's cool :) and no I'm not bald, but give it some time I may yet get there!

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
You are the one who can't see all the scriptures and proof I have given about tongues. :)

Loyal
I have posted many scriptures proving what tongues are, and what tongues aren't.
No you have just posted your interpretation of scripture according to your faith and doctrine.
You are irrelevant to the truth that Pentecost is alive and well and that people today are being born from above and pray in tongues.
No matter how much you protest here on TalkJesus against Pentecostal churches, the Holy Spirit is being poured out on those who believe the scriptures.

Matthew 11:5 the blind look up, and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised and the poor are given the Gospel.
6 And blessed is he, whoso shall not stumble in me.

Active
No you have just posted your interpretation of scripture according to your faith and doctrine.
You are irrelevant to the truth that Pentecost is alive and well and that people today are being born from above and pray in tongues.
No matter how much you protest here on TalkJesus against Pentecostal churches, the Holy Spirit is being poured out on those who believe the scriptures.

Matthew 11:5 the blind look up, and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised and the poor are given the Gospel.
6 And blessed is he, whoso shall not stumble in me.

The Bible doesn't say healing would stop, and that all miracles would stop. However, scripture says that tongues, prophecies and knowledge would cease.

We also know that the greatest of miracles aren't done anymore, like being raised from the dead after four days, and those born blind given sight, and those born paralyzed being able to walk.

In the New Testament times God testified to everyone that what was being taught by Jesus and the Apostles was from Him. God testified to what they said by allowing them to do signs, wonders, miracles, and gifts.

Hebrews 2:2 This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. 4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

God already testified to the gospel.

Staff Member
You are the one who can't see all the scriptures and proof I have given about tongues. :)
Dear God's Truth,
If that were so, then why is it so difficult to repeat/cut & paste the verses you used that show that tongues usage is over and done with? :)
I hope you keep in mind that my question to you was not general in nature as it pertains to the Gift of Tongues, but specific, as it pertains to your assertion that the Gift of Tongues has ceased.

Oh, to make it easier for you. The following post #'s are ones that you have used in this thread. Maybe you can just tell me which # post it was that you used Scriptural verses (more than one) reflecting the current cessation of tongues that you believe has happened.

45, 47, 49, 52, 54, 56,

58 - (1 Corinthians 13:8) Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

59 - Samson2020 - In ALL cases the verse says WILL, not HAS.

60 – Your reply to #59: Of course, because the scriptures were still being written.

61 – This is where I come in. I asked if this the only Scripture verse that you have to support that tongues have ceased? I also asked if you could flesh out your reasoning for what you had written in #60.

63 - This is probably the most interesting of them all, in which you directed it to me.

I asked a simple question, and all I can say is that you either misspoke, or don’t recall what you had previously posted on this thread. Now this is your reply to my question:

Question: Is this the only Scripture verse that you have to support that tongues have ceased?

Note: The Scripture verse of course was 1 Corinthians 13:8 which you quoted in post #58.

Answer: Post #63: I gave many scriptures and careful explanations in this thread and in the other thread about speaking in tongues.

Review of Q&A: You failed to provide any additional Scriptures to support your position that the Gift of Tongues has ceased, and instead obfuscated in answering my direct question, by stating “…in this thread and in the other thread about speaking in tongues.” Answering the way you did was your attempt in avoiding my direct question to you. I can only believe there are no other verses to support your position, and you knowing this would rather attempt to avoid saying that and would rather confuse the matter by redirecting it to the broader topic of Tongues in general.

For some it would be easy to let you slide, but I am at times very much a dog with a bone. Especially since you are so adamant in saying “Tongues has ceased.” Which is the bone of contention between us.

So, either state that there are no other verses, or keep avoiding my question to you. If avoidance is what you choose, then I can only see it as being a lie of omission and will deal with it accordingly. :-(

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
Dear God's Truth,
If that were so, then why is it so difficult to repeat/cut & paste the verses you used that show that tongues usage is over and done with? :)
I hope you keep in mind that my question to you was not general in nature as it pertains to the Gift of Tongues, but specific, as it pertains to your assertion that the Gift of Tongues has ceased.

Oh, to make it easier for you. The following post #'s are ones that you have used in this thread. Maybe you can just tell me which # post it was that you used Scriptural verses (more than one) reflecting the current cessation of tongues that you believe has happened.

45, 47, 49, 52, 54, 56,

58 - (1 Corinthians 13:8) Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

59 - Samson2020 - In ALL cases the verse says WILL, not HAS.

60 – Your reply to #59: Of course, because the scriptures were still being written.

61 – This is where I come in. I asked if this the only Scripture verse that you have to support that tongues have ceased? I also asked if you could flesh out your reasoning for what you had written in #60.

63 - This is probably the most interesting of them all, in which you directed it to me.

I asked a simple question, and all I can say is that you either misspoke, or don’t recall what you had previously posted on this thread. Now this is your reply to my question:

Question: Is this the only Scripture verse that you have to support that tongues have ceased?

Note: The Scripture verse of course was 1 Corinthians 13:8 which you quoted in post #58.

Answer: Post #63: I gave many scriptures and careful explanations in this thread and in the other thread about speaking in tongues.

Review of Q&A: You failed to provide any additional Scriptures to support your position that the Gift of Tongues has ceased, and instead obfuscated in answering my direct question, by stating “…in this thread and in the other thread about speaking in tongues.” Answering the way you did was your attempt in avoiding my direct question to you. I can only believe there are no other verses to support your position, and you knowing this would rather attempt to avoid saying that and would rather confuse the matter by redirecting it to the broader topic of Tongues in general.

For some it would be easy to let you slide, but I am at times very much a dog with a bone. Especially since you are so adamant in saying “Tongues has ceased.” Which is the bone of contention between us.

So, either state that there are no other verses, or keep avoiding my question to you. If avoidance is what you choose, then I can only see it as being a lie of omission and will deal with it accordingly. :-(

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
I don't mind repeating the truth, so I will make the next posts with all the scriptures that prove tongues have ceased.

Active
In the Old Testament, we read this about tongues…

Isaiah 28:11 Very well then, with foreign lips

and strange tongues God will speak to this people,

12 to whom he said, “This is the resting place, let the weary rest”;

and, “This is the place of repose”—

but they would not listen.

Now read what the New Testament says about tongues, Paul is quoting that Old Testament scripture about tongues…

1 Corinthians 14:21 In the Law it is written:

“Through men of strange tongues

and through the lips of foreigners

I will speak to this people,

but even then they will not listen to me,” says the Lord.

22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

In Acts 2:5 we see that there were JEWS from EVERY NATION. The Jews are the people God said that He would speak to through men of strange tongues…

Acts 2:5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

In Acts 2:6 we see that the Jews from every nation spoke in many different languages…

Acts 2:6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.

Just look at the list of places the Jews had come from…

Acts 2:8-Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs-we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

The miracle at Pentecost was when the Christians, who were Jews, spoke in tongues, and the Jews who gathered for Pentecost came from many other places and spoke in many other languages. They could understand what the Christian Jews were saying about God in their own language.

The sign was fulfilled by the Apostles speaking in tongues at Pentecost. The sign was fulfilled and there would be no reason for it to continue for centuries thereafter.

Active
God testified to the gospel message by the miraculous signs, such as SPEAKING IN TONGUES, and wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will (Heb 2:4; and Acts 14:3).

God already testified to it and there would be no reason to keep testifying to it.

Active
During the laying of the foundation of the church, it was a very special time, to say the least, many things were happening, there were Apostles and Prophets who helped lay the foundation, and they were given the ability to do miracles and signs as a testimony from God.

The foundation has since been laid, and tongues has ceased just as the Bible said it would.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Active
Those speaking in tongues could declare the wonders of God (Acts 2:11).

Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19), the mystery has been revealed (Col 1:26).

Ephesians 3:3-9

3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

We can see from the scriptures that tongue speakers spoke mysteries, and that the mysteries were given. There is no reason for tongues to continue.

Active
The perfect Jesus Christ came, he gave his perfect teachings about the perfect New Covenant, he gave the perfect sacrifice, and we are made perfect by his blood and obeying his perfect words.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation, for our being perfect.
When we have faith in Jesus’ blood and obey Jesus’ teachings, it is when and how we are made perfect.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

James 1:25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

The nowadays tongue speakers claim that tongue speaking will not cease until Jesus comes again. However, we have the perfect now because Jesus came the first time, and the apostles, who were sent to lay the foundation and build upon it.

Again, Jesus the perfect came the first time, and gave the perfect law, and he is the perfect sacrifice who makes us perfect. The Bible is finished and we have Christ revealed, the mystery has been given we are no longer as children speaking as children under the old law.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Galatians 4 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Active
Nowadays tongue speakers aren't giving the sign to Jews, they aren't using tongues for unbelievers, they aren't speaking so that those of other languages can be convinced by the speaking in languages supernaturally, the tongues speakers aren't giving new mysteries about God, all the things we are to know are written in the Bible.

Staff Member
The sign was fulfilled by the Apostles speaking in tongues at Pentecost. The sign was fulfilled and there would be no reason for it to continue for centuries thereafter.
Dear God's Truth,
I have an issue with the above statement, because it's your words and not Scripture making this declaration. Also, I have another reason besides that to question its reasoning.

I know the answer you will give to it, but I'll wait for you to give it anyway. :)

Now for the question.

If what you said were true, then why was tongues continuing in the church, and why was it necessary for Paul to provide guidance on the comportment of the Gift of Tongues in the Church well after Pentecost?

P.S. Now to look at some of the other postings you have done. :)

God testified to the gospel message by the miraculous signs, such as SPEAKING IN TONGUES, and wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will (Heb 2:4; and Acts 14:3).

God already testified to it and there would be no reason to keep testifying to it.
Again, knowing your answer, it still holds to the continuance of not only the Gift of Tongues, but the other wonders/miracles done by our Lord and Savior. Amazingly, our Lord said in John 14:12 NKJV - "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater [works] than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Saying what He said, the only limiting factor in His statement was belief, and condition of time, which was it would happen because He was going to the Father. So, there were no other limiting indicators attached to our Lord's Statement, either in who or time, which would make your closing statement untrue. Also, it was necessary for them (Apostles/believers) to be a witness to the parts yet unknown on the Earth, and this through the power received by the Holy Spirit.

Act 1:8 KJV - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

If what you say is correct, then after Jesus or even following Pentecost, the power of the Holy Spirit that was upon/in them would cease to give them the power to do what they were called to do. This does not seem reasonable as we see the resulting affects that miracles had on people throughout Scripture, even after said day and our Lord's Ascension. Which only confirms what He told them and not what you believe to have happened.

P.S. Now to move on to another post. :)

During the laying of the foundation of the church, it was a very special time, to say the least, many things were happening, there were Apostles and Prophets who helped lay the foundation, and they were given the ability to do miracles and signs as a testimony from God.

The foundation has since been laid, and tongues has ceased just as the Bible said it would.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Now you are adding/taking away conditions to the Gifts that were/are given to believers through the Holy Spirit. It also appears that you are going against your own words in your opening statement in this post, by allowing for the continuance of miracles past Pentecost, which is contrary to what you stated in post #94 "The sign was fulfilled by the Apostles speaking in tongues at Pentecost. The sign was fulfilled and there would be no reason for it to continue for centuries thereafter."

Sadly, you are also adding to Scripture what is not there by using Ephesians 2:20 to support your premise that the Gift of Tongues have ceased. You open in this post with an attempt at making a self-supporting statement which would hold validity if the Scripture in context held to your position. It does not. You need to keep reading verses 21, and 22 to see that instead of limiting anything to a certain time, it extends it to includes all believers, whether past present or future. I have added both verses 19, and 20 to provide the necessary context.

Eph 2:19 NKJV - Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
Eph 2:20 NKJV - having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner[stone],
Eph 2:21 NKJV - in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph 2:22 NKJV - in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

P.S. Off to look at another! :)

Those speaking in tongues could declare the wonders of God (Acts 2:11).

Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19), the mystery has been revealed (Col 1:26).

Ephesians 3:3-9

3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.

We can see from the scriptures that tongue speakers spoke mysteries, and that the mysteries were given. There is no reason for tongues to continue.

Again, you are limiting to the time of its occurrence the communicating of tongues, with Scripture that is not written for that purpose. So, your reasoning that "There is no reason for tongues to continue." does not hold validity. I simple ask you, "Has the Gospel been heard by everyone on Earth?" Since it has not, isn't it incumbent that believers still be given the Gifts of the Spirit in order to continue to show the wonders of our God? Especially to those people whose language has not yet had Scripture translated into?

P.S. On we go! :) I do enjoy any discussion that gets me into Scripture!!!!

The perfect Jesus Christ came, he gave his perfect teachings about the perfect New Covenant, he gave the perfect sacrifice, and we are made perfect by his blood and obeying his perfect words.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation, for our being perfect.
When we have faith in Jesus’ blood and obey Jesus’ teachings, it is when and how we are made perfect.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

James 1:25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

The nowadays tongue speakers claim that tongue speaking will not cease until Jesus comes again. However, we have the perfect now because Jesus came the first time, and the apostles, who were sent to lay the foundation and build upon it.

Again, Jesus the perfect came the first time, and gave the perfect law, and he is the perfect sacrifice who makes us perfect. The Bible is finished and we have Christ revealed, the mystery has been given we are no longer as children speaking as children under the old law.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Galatians 4 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
Do I really need to reply to this? Are we perfect like our Lord was and is, or are we changing to a perfection yet to be realized though we be Children of God, and aren't we still to be about the business assigned to us? So, why take away the Gifts which were given to serve the purpose that we are still doing to this day?

Nowadays tongue speakers aren't giving the sign to Jews, they aren't using tongues for unbelievers, they aren't speaking so that those of other languages can be convinced by the speaking in languages supernaturally, the tongues speakers aren't giving new mysteries about God, all the things we are to know are written in the Bible.

Dear God's Truth,
I would tell you that to the unbeliever, they very well may be "new mysteries about God", because either they haven't heard the Gospel, or no one has explained Scripture to them in their own tongue.

Don't get me wrong, I do have issue with how the Gift of Tongues is portrayed and exploited in many churches. However, no matter how wrong that may be doesn't mean that there are not others who have and still reflect the Gifts of the Spirit righteously, to the Glory of God and the furtherance of His Kingdom.

I felt moved to suggest that you reread 1 Corinthians 2 it holds much to consider.

Thank-you for having taken the time to explain your position to me. God Bless.

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><