• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

If the church is “Raptured” in this generation, what are the people left still, in the “Institutionalized church”, called?

Loyal
In the end -- Solomons downfall was following One of his wife's gods instead of God.

Solomon was made king at a very young age -- 16 or so -- he was very humble -- he asked God for Wisdom to lead the people. God gave him both wisdom and Wealth.

And King David -- a man after God's own heart. He sinned , yes, a lot of it and then he was approached by the prophet Nathan and then he repented. The son that David and Bathsheba had together Died. And God was still using him in a good, positive way.

I think you're out of line with your comments concerning both those men of God.

Even born again men and women sin while here on earth. Are you suggesting that you Don't?

And How Exactly Do you know how any one prays --unless you hear them praying out loud all the time. Because they aren't living the life You feel they should be living.

1Now king Solomon loved many foreign women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, and Hittites; 2of the nations concerning which Jehovah said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go among them, neither shall they come among you; for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. 3And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart. 4For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods; and his heart was not perfect with Jehovah his God, as was the heart of David his father. 5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. 6And Solomon did that which was evil in the sight of Jehovah, and went not fully after Jehovah, as did David his father. 7Then did Solomon build a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, in the mount that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech the abomination of the children of Ammon. 8And so did he for all his foreign wives, who burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

God's Anger against Solomon

9And Jehovah was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned away from Jehovah, the God of Israel, who had appeared unto him twice, 10and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which Jehovah commanded. 11Wherefore Jehovah said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant. 12Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it, for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son. 13Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but I will give one tribe to thy son, for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.

Sounds like more than one wife turn his heart to me. Now where did you get your one wife information at?
And the Bible has some things to say about David too!

Loyal
Men stay away from unbelievers and "nominal Christians" have no fellowship with them they will turn your hearts away from the true God! I don't care how sweet she can sing or talk! Or how many scriptures she can quote! You can follow that "Shulamite" woman if you want to, you will in up speaking in a unknown tongue!

Loyal
1Now king Solomon loved many foreign women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, and Hittites; 2of the nations concerning which Jehovah said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go among them, neither shall they come among you; for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. 3And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart. 4For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods; and his heart was not perfect with Jehovah his God, as was the heart of David his father. 5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. 6And Solomon did that which was evil in the sight of Jehovah, and went not fully after Jehovah, as did David his father. 7Then did Solomon build a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, in the mount that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech the abomination of the children of Ammon. 8And so did he for all his foreign wives, who burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.

God's Anger against Solomon

9And Jehovah was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned away from Jehovah, the God of Israel, who had appeared unto him twice, 10and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which Jehovah commanded. 11Wherefore Jehovah said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant. 12Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it, for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son. 13Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but I will give one tribe to thy son, for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.

Sounds like more than one wife turn his heart to me. Now where did you get your one wife information at?
And the Bible has some things to say about David too!

I guess this brings us back to what is Love, but then the question is what type of love, and what is God's Love

These words I added earlier confirm God's Love, which words they are translated from...

God is Love, not as the world uses the world love, one word love fits all!

God's Love is agape Love, it is Divine Love.

God's Love is hesed Love, it is Steadfast Love.

That is God's love in a nutshell ;)

Other examples... 5 Hebrew Greek words for LOVE

Love - word AHAB - Abraham loved his son Isaac

Love - word PHILEO - signifing friendship, fondness, affection, delight, and personal attachment. This word is on of feeling – a heart of love

Love - word PHILADELPHIA - this word refers to loving someone like a brother or sister

Love - word AGAPE - this is Divine love, God's love, God's love for people, for humanity for Christ

Love - word AGAPAO - God’s unconditional love - Greek word agapao, meaning unconditional love, preferential love

God's love is not man's love, it is bigger, it is higher, there is no other love like it. It is Divine Love.

The above confirms God's Love and the words from the Hebrew/Greek used to describe the type of love.

Back to main topic

Blessings

Loyal
And who is thy neighbor? What says the Lord, concerning this matter?

27He answered, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ c ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ d

28“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.33But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35The next day he took out two denarii e and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
I like that about you plowboy you answered your own question

Loyal
Men stay away from unbelievers and "nominal Christians" have no fellowship with them they will turn your hearts away from the true God! I don't care how sweet she can sing or talk! Or how many scriptures she can quote! You can follow that "Shulamite" woman if you want to, you will in up speaking in a unknown tongue!
My brother I have not come for the well but has been sent here to cast out demons and heal the sick and to preach the good news until my task is done

Loyal

The Shulamite woman was in the book of the Song of Solomon.

You have an 'interesting' view of inspired Scripture.

It's married love being described / talked about. It's Not evil as some people believe.

And, you Do realize that back then, most wives were part of a land aquisition contract. Two countries being united / political in nature. A man could have relations with which ever Wife he wanted to. When one was pregnant there was always another to take care of his needs. They were Property.

It should be All of our goal / to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Loyal
The Shulamite woman was in the book of the Song of Solomon.

You have an 'interesting' view of inspired Scripture.

It's married love being described / talked about. It's Not evil as some people believe.

And, you Do realize that back then, most wives were part of a land aquisition contract. Two countries being united / political in nature. A man could have relations with which ever Wife he wanted to. When one was pregnant there was always another to take care of his needs. They were Property.

It should be All of our goal / to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
What home spawn doctrine you came to arrived with that kind conclusion of justication of multiable marriages and concubines use for pleasure moments and alliances of other countries and political connections. Is that stronger than the commandments of God whichHe gave King Solomon. I heard that argument when I was in a Baptist church, and found it is against the very Word of GOD! The Baptist Church does not rule over "Holy Scripture"! It is pure apostasy to believe and teach any thing against the Word of God! Yes those Kings did those things but it was against God and classified as evil by GOD, and that is why Israel suffered and became a stench in His nostrils.

What it seems to me, you have given plain sense of scripture of the Book of Kings is to be ignored. You are teaching in favor of men and not in favor of God's Word. Only reason I can see for your error. You have not read the 600 plus laws he gave Israel and the laws God gave to the Kings of Israel and the Kings of Judah, And only 2 of all the Kings of the 12 Tribes of Israel did what God commanded them to do and all of the rest where evil! It is recorded in the Bible for all to see. Are We to stop hearing the words of men in these final hours and start reading for ourselves, Word for word, period for period, comma for comma, paragraph for paragraph, and cast all of these "paraphrase Bibles" behind us. And these modern day dictionaries and commentaries and footnotes . And pickup a older book on English grammar, and learn how to read again with divine comprehension. For we have lost something on our pilgramage. We all need to examine ourselves over and over again to see if we are in the faith that was once delivered unto the saints of Old. The church has strayed way off course and do not even know it.

In the Book of "The Song of Songs" the Word "God" or anything related to God or even points to God or mention His Name in there or the "Holy Spirit" neither a reference to the coming of the Son of God" in there. But men have used what I will call a force "eisegesis" to say something it is not saying and place this "Book of Songs" in the "Canon of Scripture" which name is the "Song of Songs"! Shalom. Plus you are not going to find nothing about Jesus in those Songs!

Loyal
(Ecclesiastes 7)
Son of David wrote a King

26I find more bitter than death
the woman who is a snare,
whose heart is a trap
and whose hands are chains.
The man who pleases God will escape her,
but the sinner she will ensnare.
27“Look,” says the Teacher, b “this is what I have discovered:

“Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things—
28while I was still searching
but not finding—
I found one upright man among a thousand,
but not one upright woman among them all.

29This only have I found:
God created mankind upright,
but they have gone in search of many schemes.”

This is what I call "the queen of all Jezebels"you better stay close to God! Run Forrest run!!!!!! You ain't going to know it until she got you! I going to tell you, she skilled. Quote Scrpture like the "Queen of Sheba"

Loyal
What home spawn doctrine you came to arrived with that kind conclusion of justication of multiable marriages and concubines use for pleasure moments and alliances of other countries and political connections. Is that stronger than the commandments of God whichHe gave King Solomon. I heard that argument when I was in a Baptist church, and found it is against the very Word of GOD! The Baptist Church does not rule over "Holy Scripture"! It is pure apostasy to believe and teach any thing against the Word of God! Yes those Kings did those things but it was against God and classified as evil by GOD, and that is why Israel suffered and became a stench in His nostrils.

What it seems to me, you have given plain sense of scripture of the Book of Kings is to be ignored. You are teaching in favor of men and not in favor of God's Word. Only reason I can see for your error. You have not read the 600 plus laws he gave Israel and the laws God gave to the Kings of Israel and the Kings of Judah, And only 2 of all the Kings of the 12 Tribes of Israel did what God commanded them to do and all of the rest where evil! It is recorded in the Bible for all to see. Are We to stop hearing the words of men in these final hours and start reading for ourselves, Word for word, period for period, comma for comma, paragraph for paragraph, and cast all of these "paraphrase Bibles" behind us. And these modern day dictionaries and commentaries and footnotes . And pickup a older book on English grammar, and learn how to read again with divine comprehension. For we have lost something on our pilgramage. We all need to examine ourselves over and over again to see if we are in the faith that was once delivered unto the saints of Old. The church has strayed way off course and do not even know it.

In the Book of "The Song of Songs" the Word "God" or anything related to God or even points to God or mention His Name in there or the "Holy Spirit" neither a reference to the coming of the Son of God" in there. But men have used what I will call a force "eisegesis" to say something it is not saying and place this "Book of Songs" in the "Canon of Scripture" which name is the "Song of Songs"! Shalom. Plus you are not going to find nothing about Jesus in those Songs!

A lot of things transpired in the Old Testament. Those things Did Happen. The Old Testament is as inspired as the rest of the Bible.

It's Not Teaching against the Word of God at all. If a pastor would take the life of Solomon and his hundreds of wives / concubines and used that an example of what Could be done. THAT would be a Big problem. And having multiple wives is against the law.

In the book of Judges -- God gives the Children of Israel what they asked for -- they wanted judges -- God let them have judges / then in 1 Samuel -- the people they want Kings like the other nations. There were good kings and bad ones -- same with all their leaders. It's all Bible history. How people / the Children of Israel / were back then hasn't changed much.

People in general haven't really changed since the Old Testament. Divine comprehension doesn't change history. The entire Bible is made up of different kinds of literature -- it's all God's Word.

So -- apparently the only Scripture we need to pay any attention to is that which uses the name "Jesus" in it? Isn't it the book of Esther that doesn't mention God once , but upon reading it -- God's hand is seen working.

You do have a 'strange' concept of God's Word.

In the Old Testament the Lord was leading His people to war against the neighboring lands.

We certainly can't say that Now.

Those 600+ laws He gave do not apply to now days. They were given back then to set the Children of Israel apart from the people around them.

Loyal
We are talking about Solomon and the OT in this context. There was only 2 good Kings that ruled in all Israel, all the rest was bad says the Bible not me. In the book of Esther Israel was ruled by a pagan King and Esther married a Pagan King and obey Him. This King she married did not believe in the God of Israel and if she didn't look pretty and dress beautiful and did everything he wanted want her to do, he would have killed her. Talking about "spousal abuse" in Esther it takes on a different view of a queen, there was no Jezebels in His court . You saw what he did to his first in the Bible. Talking about a pagan King! The pagans Kings get all of the good ones, Their Christians wives bow down to them calling them Lord like Sarah called Abraham washing his feet. I know my brothers in Christ you would love to have a good Christian woman like Sarah and Esther. Well you dream on. shalom!

Loyal
Sue D. Says: You do have a 'strange' concept of God's Word.
I just says what it says and sometimes put it in a modern day language [vernacular or idiom]. That excites the senses, for the Word of God makes me come to life! For it is Living and makes the dead come alive.

Loyal
LOL or the trap.
If you only knew

My friend , those who have been send walk this planet today . And they will prepare the way of the Most High.

Sickness is not only a physical thing , but something of the heart as well. As the Darkness has sown so much seed , Christians are blind to truth and falsehood.

So i must farm the land , and prepare it for the Master . That is the task i am given.

May the Lord's Wisdom fill you brother.

Loyal
A lot of things transpired in the Old Testament. Those things Did Happen. The Old Testament is as inspired as the rest of the Bible.

It's Not Teaching against the Word of God at all. If a pastor would take the life of Solomon and his hundreds of wives / concubines and used that an example of what Could be done. THAT would be a Big problem. And having multiple wives is against the law.

In the book of Judges -- God gives the Children of Israel what they asked for -- they wanted judges -- God let them have judges / then in 1 Samuel -- the people they want Kings like the other nations. There were good kings and bad ones -- same with all their leaders. It's all Bible history. How people / the Children of Israel / were back then hasn't changed much.

People in general haven't really changed since the Old Testament. Divine comprehension doesn't change history. The entire Bible is made up of different kinds of literature -- it's all God's Word.

So -- apparently the only Scripture we need to pay any attention to is that which uses the name "Jesus" in it? Isn't it the book of Esther that doesn't mention God once , but upon reading it -- God's hand is seen working.

You do have a 'strange' concept of God's Word.

In the Old Testament the Lord was leading His people to war against the neighboring lands.

We certainly can't say that Now.

Those 600+ laws He gave do not apply to now days. They were given back then to set the Children of Israel apart from the people around them.
Its a little hard to only use the scripture that has the name Jesus in it when all of the Scripture is the Word . And what is the Word , Sue . John 1 . The Word became flesh and dwelt among us .

Loyal
Sue D. Says: You do have a 'strange' concept of God's Word.
I just says what it says and sometimes put it in a modern day language [vernacular or idiom]. That excites the senses, for the Word of God makes me come to life! For it is Living and makes the dead come alive.
Ok Mr Zombie . Lol

Loyal
We are talking about Solomon and the OT in this context. There was only 2 good Kings that ruled in all Israel, all the rest was bad says the Bible not me. In the book of Esther Israel was ruled by a pagan King and Esther married a Pagan King and obey Him. This King she married did not believe in the God of Israel and if she didn't look pretty and dress beautiful and did everything he wanted want her to do, he would have killed her. Talking about "spousal abuse" in Esther it takes on a different view of a queen, there was no Jezebels in His court . You saw what he did to his first in the Bible. Talking about a pagan King! The pagans Kings get all of the good ones, Their Christians wives bow down to them calling them Lord like Sarah called Abraham washing his feet. I know my brothers in Christ you would love to have a good Christian woman like Sarah and Esther. Well you dream on. shalom!

Have you ever even read the book of Esther -- the authority that the King had and even the Queen was subject to it. And the Queen preceeding her had refused to appear before the King because he was drunk and wanted her to dance in front of everyone. She was ousted from that position and Esther becomes Queen. She is able to save her people, the Jews from being killed. She prays and fasts and her cousin Mordecai work together to overthrow a plot by Haman. The hand of God cn be seen at work during the entire scenario of the book. So Much is taking place in this book. She was put in that position for such a time as took place.

And maybe wives Should be giving / showing more honor , respect to their husbands. And maybe it should Also be shown in Both directions. Husbands Are told to 'love your wife' twice. Not just Once, but Twice -- suggesting that men don't listen very well. Guys be Loving towards your wives. And they will automatically be drawn to you.

There are a lot of 'us' who would Like to Have a good, loving, Christian leader of a man to join to.

Loyal
Okay -- obviously you've read the book -- but your response To it - well-- to each his own.

Loyal
Have you ever even read the book of Esther -- the authority that the King had and even the Queen was subject to it. And the Queen preceeding her had refused to appear before the King because he was drunk and wanted her to dance in front of everyone. She was ousted from that position and Esther becomes Queen. She is able to save her people, the Jews from being killed. She prays and fasts and her cousin Mordecai work together to overthrow a plot by Haman. The hand of God cn be seen at work during the entire scenario of the book. So Much is taking place in this book. She was put in that position for such a time as took place.

And maybe wives Should be giving / showing more honor , respect to their husbands. And maybe it should Also be shown in Both directions. Husbands Are told to 'love your wife' twice. Not just Once, but Twice -- suggesting that men don't listen very well. Guys be Loving towards your wives. And they will automatically be drawn to you.

There are a lot of 'us' who would Like to Have a good, loving, Christian leader of a man to join to.
Have I ever read Esther? Yes most likely way over a 300 to 400 times in over 42 years! They way you discuss It you haven’t Study it, but faking it!

Loyal

Solomon sure did, all 700 of them. And the 300 that was on the side. Right? The Bible does not lie, He love them.