• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

If only Adam and Eve had never eaten the forbidden fruit!

I don't know about any of you, but I'm very upset with Adam and Eve. Because they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, many Christians have to spend their life laboring for the Lord (preaching the Gospel)....If they didn't eat from the tree, we would have much more freedom to enjoy this earth.....It's also more difficult because their are few laborers for the harvest....now we can't chill, but have to tell it everywhere we go.

Loyal
I don't know about any of you, but I'm very upset with Adam and Eve. Because they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, many Christians have to spend their life laboring for the Lord (preaching the Gospel)....If they didn't eat from the tree, we would have much more freedom to enjoy this earth.....It's also more difficult because their are few laborers for the harvest....now we can't chill, but have to tell it everywhere we go.
LOL If Adam had not sinned, that Satan would have gotten someone to do it...And we'd be in the same boat we're in now. Let's see now. We are blessed, we are saved, we are healed, we are prosperous, we are the righteousness of God in Christ, Oh I could go on for hours writing what we are now. What we are not is a much shorter list. Like we are not victims of circumstance, we are not losers and so forth

Back to the "We are's"
Because He IS We are...

1 We are children of God (Romans 8:16)
2 We are Redeemed from the hand of the enemy (Psalm 107:2)
3 We are Forgiven (Colossians 1:13,14)
4 We are Saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8)
5 We are Justified (Romans 5:1)
6 We are Sanctified (1 Corinthians 6:11)
7 We are new creatures (2 Corinthians 5:17)
8 We are partakers of His Divine Nature (2 Peter 1:4)
9 We are redeemed from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13)
10 We are delivered from the powers of darkness (Colossians 1:13)
11 We are led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14)
12 We are a sons/daughters of God (Romans 8:14)
13 We are kept in safety wherever we go (Psalm 91:11)
14 We are getting all your needs met by Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
15 We are casting all our cares upon Jesus (1 Peter 5:7)
16 We are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might (Ephesians 6:10)
17 We are doing all things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians
4:13)
18 We are heirss of God and a joint-heirss with Jesus (Romans 8:17)
19 We are heirss to the blessings of Abraham (Galatians 3:13,14)
20 We are observing and doing the Lord's Commandments (Deut 28:12)
21 We are blessed coming in and out (Deut 28:6)
22 We are an heirs to eternal life (1 John 5:11,12)
23 We are blessed with all spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3)
24 We are healed by His stripes (1 Peter 2:24)
25 We are exercising our authority over the eneour (Luke 10:19)
26 We are above only and not beneath (Deut 28:13)
27 We are more than conquerors (Romans 8:37)
28 We are establishing God's Word here on earth (Matthew 16:19)
29 We are overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and Word in our testimony
(Revelation 12:11)
30 We are daily overcoming the devil (1 John 4:4)
31 We are not moved by what we see (2 Corinthians 4:18)
32 We are walking by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7)
33 We are casting down vain imaginations (1 Corinthians 10:4,5)
34 We are bringing every thought into captivity (2 Corinthians 10:5)
35 We are being transformed by a renewed mind (Romans 12:1,2)
36 We are laborers together with God (1 Corinthians 3:9)
37 We are the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21)
38 We are an imitator of Jesus (Ephesians 5:1)
39 We are the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)
40 We are sanctified (purified; consecrated) Heb 2:11 / 10:10
41 We are blessing the Lord at all times and continually praising the Lord with
our mouth Psa. 34:1
42 We are loved... therefore we can love. 1John 4:19
43 We are accepted in The Beloved Eph. 1:6
44 We are His workmanship, created in Jesus, the anointed, unto the good
works, which He has planned for us to do. Eph 2:10
45 We are rich in all things good. 2 Cor. 8:9
46 We are crowned with loving kindness and tender mercies.
Psalms. 103:4
47 We are the temple of the Living God. He lives in you. 2 Cor: 6:16
48 We are living by faith Rom. 1:17
49 We are blessed, because we believe God's Word Lu. 1; 37-45
50 We are holy for we trust in, and rely on Him Psa. 86
51 We are fearfully and wonderfully made Psalm 139:14
52 We are free from the law of sin and death in Christ. (The Anointed One and
His Anointing) Romans 8:2

53 We are free of all guilt in the anointing. Romans 8:1

54 We cannot be separated from the Love of God. Romans 8:39

55 We are triumphant in the anointing 2 Corinthians 2:14

56 We have been raised up to sit in heavenly places Ephesians 2:6

57 We are called with a holy calling 2 Timothy 1:9

58 We dwell in God and God dwells in us because of the anointing 1John 4:16

59 We are the head and not the tail Deuteronomy 28:13

We believe that the words "I am" are two of the most powerful words a believer can say because they will lock them in with the Father. God is, therefore We are. Claiming these promises these words of the bible will have the effect of clarifying (perfecting) our awareness of our identity with Divinity which conceives and controls all the details of our lives by faith.

Loyal

Well -- I Hope that every born-again believer will Want to share with everyone the 'hope' he has in Christ. By 'hope' I mean that -- as a person who has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior --we look forward to heaven.

Yes, a Christian has the opportunity TO 'labor' for the Lord. Actually we can Still enjoy this earth. Our lives Should reflect God's love for others and that we Can have good, clean fun in life. No one says that a Christian can't enjoy fishing and hunting and enjoy eating what he catches. We Should be having lots more fun that those who have Their 'fun' getting drunk, high on drugs, ending up with sexually transmitted diseases / HIV, etc. and ending up ruining relationships, etc. The Christian life Should reflect inner peace and joy.

Since there Is eternity to live in -- in the future -- maybe we should think about all the people we'd like to enjoy heaven With. And the only way That will be possible -- is if we take the time to share the Gospel unto salvation with them. It's then up to 'them' whether they accept or reject. If that person accepts Christ's salvation -- well -- God's gift of salvation --Then we'll be able to enjoy Christian fellowship with them 'here' as well as 'there' in eternity.

Forget about *just* preaching the Gospel, according to "finalcall07" and many others claiming to have been given tours of the other side, we also have to work and toil but earn no food for ourselves. We have to pay tithes and offerings, and we need to go to church even if there is an ice storm, a blizzard, a hurricane, or tornado warnings; we have to break and destroy our bodies and be ready to die immediately to serve the Lord. We have to perfectly obey 1,663 commandments to the letter, and we have to do it with terrorous fear and trembling. We have to "suck it up" when we suffer unjust pain, hence the phrase "deny yourself, pick up your cross, follow Me," aka any tree that loses a branch in a storm is immediately chopped down and burned, not to mention "slaves, submit to your masters, not just to the kind and gentle, but also to the froward."

The verses alone that tell us to pick up our cross, submit to evil and cruel slave masters, and do not complain basically say in other words; "There is a great storm coming with gale/hurricane force winds, but the chainsaw and stump grinder are already laid to the base of the tree. The instant the first cracking sound is heard overhead, both chainsaw and stump grinder shall start up immediately. Any tree that loseth a limb in a storm is immediately hewn down and burned."

To me, that is another part of man's penalty for eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden.

Loyal
Well written...Has it ever ocurred to you, the Holy Spirit is a part of us, we carry the very DNA of God..He is blended in us, with us, and we with Him. If the Holy spirit left us, it would rip our DNA apart and kill us. (Just my understanding of the dynamics of it all.)

Well --does God really Have DNA? He is spirit. The Holy Spirit is 'spirit', also. And Jesus Christ, the Son of God is Also part of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit Does come and indwells us, yes.

God created Adam as a human being With DNA. And since Eve was taken from Adam, she had DNA. And they passed their human DNA along to their children, etc.

Scripture tells us that once the Holy Spirit comes and indwells the believer, He won't leave us --not until we are safe with Jesus Christ.

I'd have to disagree with part of your comments. We are still human -- with the Holy Spirit indwelling us. We are a new creature in Christ, yes.

Jesus Christ is the only person who was both man and deity.

Loyal
What do suppose would have happened if Adam actually did what God told him to do?

Gen 2:15 And the Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to tend and guard and keep it. (AMP)

Did Adam give the devil a place as we are told not to do?

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

What if the Serpent was not allowed into the garden?

Loyal
Forget about *just* preaching the Gospel, according to "finalcall07" and many others claiming to have been given tours of the other side, we also have to work and toil but earn no food for ourselves. We have to pay tithes and offerings, and we need to go to church even if there is an ice storm, a blizzard, a hurricane, or tornado warnings; we have to break and destroy our bodies and be ready to die immediately to serve the Lord. We have to perfectly obey 1,663 commandments to the letter, and we have to do it with terrorous fear and trembling. We have to "suck it up" when we suffer unjust pain, hence the phrase "deny yourself, pick up your cross, follow Me," aka any tree that loses a branch in a storm is immediately chopped down and burned, not to mention "slaves, submit to your masters, not just to the kind and gentle, but also to the froward."

The verses alone that tell us to pick up our cross, submit to evil and cruel slave masters, and do not complain basically say in other words; "There is a great storm coming with gale/hurricane force winds, but the chainsaw and stump grinder are already laid to the base of the tree. The instant the first cracking sound is heard overhead, both chainsaw and stump grinder shall start up immediately. Any tree that loseth a limb in a storm is immediately hewn down and burned."

To me, that is another part of man's penalty for eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden.

Actually , no one Has to do any of the 'horrible' things you've listed. Because all those things would be 'works' that you seem to think your salvation depends on.

Can we be a bit practical about some of your 'claims' -- for instance needing to go to church 'in spite of ' the dangerous weather conditions you mentioned. Have you paid Any attention to the news reports when those various dangerous weather conditions are taking place? Property is being destroyed, People are being rescued to shelters. Have You heard any people being encouraged to stay put and go to church? Now, on the Other hand, groups Do go to shelters with food, clothes, water sharing their love for them. That's what Christianity is about -- Caring for the needy, helping them get back to some sort of normality.

We Are to 'give' out of a cheerful heart. If a person feels they Have to give anything -- that's being done grudgingly. Keep it.

People 'claim' lots of things these days.

And what about your comment -- 'we also have to work and toil but earn no food for ourselves' where did you get that from?

Each person is responsible for their own attitudes / actions. We can go about life with a 'whoa is me attitude' that no one really wants to be around. OR we can realize that God provided a solution for Adam's and Eve's sin. The cross of calvary -- Jesus Christ shedding his blood for our sins. God's gift of salvation for 'us' (mankind). He's provided a bridge between God and 'us'.

Remember -- none of our 'good works' will make any different for our salvation.

Actually , no one Has to do any of the 'horrible' things you've listed. Because all those things would be 'works' that you seem to think your salvation depends on.

Can we be a bit practical about some of your 'claims' -- for instance needing to go to church 'in spite of ' the dangerous weather conditions you mentioned. Have you paid Any attention to the news reports when those various dangerous weather conditions are taking place? Property is being destroyed, People are being rescued to shelters. Have You heard any people being encouraged to stay put and go to church? Now, on the Other hand, groups Do go to shelters with food, clothes, water sharing their love for them. That's what Christianity is about -- Caring for the needy, helping them get back to some sort of normality.

We Are to 'give' out of a cheerful heart. If a person feels they Have to give anything -- that's being done grudgingly. Keep it.

People 'claim' lots of things these days.

And what about your comment -- 'we also have to work and toil but earn no food for ourselves' where did you get that from?

Each person is responsible for their own attitudes / actions. We can go about life with a 'whoa is me attitude' that no one really wants to be around. OR we can realize that God provided a solution for Adam's and Eve's sin. The cross of calvary -- Jesus Christ shedding his blood for our sins. God's gift of salvation for 'us' (mankind). He's provided a bridge between God and 'us'.

Remember -- none of our 'good works' will make any different for our salvation.
Then why are there people that preach that salvation is gained through works? That "finalcall07" guy, the Seven Colombian Youths, those street preacher guys with the bullhorns, to name just a few?

Loyal
What do suppose would have happened if Adam actually did what God told him to do?

Gen 2:15 And the Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to tend and guard and keep it. (AMP)

Did Adam give the devil a place as we are told not to do?

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

What if the Serpent was not allowed into the garden?

Well -- the serpent -- satan -- used to be Lucifer in heaven. His pride -- wanting to be equal -if not Higher than God. We can see how that didn't work for him. There was a war -- Lucifer and a bunch of other rebellious angels were thrown out and onto / into this world that we live in. That is what prevented Adam from obeying God. Satan was there to get him to mess up.

Adam listened to satan instead of following God's Word.

Ephesians -- we Can resist the devil. Yes, but that won't get him out of this world. He's here Now -- Not forever, though.

The garden of Eden was the only place with people. So that would be the logical place for him To be. Trying to deceive Adam and Eve and he did a good job. They listened -- ate -- and all of a sudden knew both good and Evil.

Loyal
Well -- the serpent -- satan -- used to be Lucifer in heaven. His pride -- wanting to be equal -if not Higher than God. We can see how that didn't work for him. There was a war -- Lucifer and a bunch of other rebellious angels were thrown out and onto / into this world that we live in. That is what prevented Adam from obeying God. Satan was there to get him to mess up.

Adam listened to satan instead of following God's Word.

Ephesians -- we Can resist the devil. Yes, but that won't get him out of this world. He's here Now -- Not forever, though.

The garden of Eden was the only place with people. So that would be the logical place for him To be. Trying to deceive Adam and Eve and he did a good job. They listened -- ate -- and all of a sudden knew both good and Evil.
If the Lord told Adam to protect the garden, then there must have been something outside the garden that was harmful to him and Eve. Who could that have been?

Loyal
Then why are there people that preach that salvation is gained through works? That "finalcall07" guy, the Seven Colombian Youths, those street preacher guys with the bullhorns, to name just a few?

Because they aren't reading God's Word apparently. Ephesians 2:8-9 says Not of works. People like to have things to boast about -- 'look at what I've done -- I've given lots of money to 'church' or charitable organizations. "I've" done this or that -- 'what a good person I am". That's Not what our salvation is about. And I'm not familiar with the people you've mentioned. But God's Word is very specific. And True. John 14:6 Jesus Christ is telling us that "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by Me." John 3:16 "For God so loved the world (us) that He gave His only Son that who so ever believes in Me will not perish but have everlasting life."
And 2 Corinthians 15;1-3. Gospel unto salvation.

Loyal
If the Lord told Adam to protect the garden, then there must have been something outside the garden that was harmful to him and Eve. Who could that have been?

Adam was told to 'tend' the garden. Genesis 2:15 "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." Anyone who's had a garden knows it's work -- plant it, water it, hoe it to keep it looking nice.

Adam was thrown out of the garden -- God didn't want him eating the tree of life. And that particular tree was protected. Because Now the world had sin in it. And God didn't want 'sin' to reign forever.

The invisible spirit world has been 'here' ever since. Satan and the rebellious / fallen angels are mostly invisible spirits.

One thing that especially scares me about the 7 youths is that they claim to have seen people in Hell for various things. For instance, they even say stuff like; "This one is in Hell for fornication, that one is here for stealing, this one is here for not paying tithes and offerings, this one is here for not keeping Sundays holy" and so forth.

Loyal
Adam was told to 'tend' the garden. Genesis 2:15 "The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." Anyone who's had a garden knows it's work -- plant it, water it, hoe it to keep it looking nice.

Adam was thrown out of the garden -- God didn't want him eating the tree of life. And that particular tree was protected. Because Now the world had sin in it. And God didn't want 'sin' to reign forever.

The invisible spirit world has been 'here' ever since. Satan and the rebellious / fallen angels are mostly invisible spirits.
Anyone who has a garden knows to protect it from outsiders or it would be useless to have a garden.

Loyal
Anyone who has a garden knows to protect it from outsiders or it would be useless to have a garden.

My husband and I have gardened for years. Depending on a person's location -- sometimes rabbits will get into the garden and eat -- sometimes birds like to pick at tomatoes.

A garden is to grow veggies to eat. Or flower gardens to grow pretty flowers.

What 'outsiders' are You referring to?

Loyal
One thing that especially scares me about the 7 youths is that they claim to have seen people in Hell for various things. For instance, they even say stuff like; "This one is in Hell for fornication, that one is here for stealing, this one is here for not paying tithes and offerings, this one is here for not keeping Sundays holy" and so forth.

People can claim a lot of things -- God's word tells us that a person ends up in hell because they don't accepts God's way to stay Out of hell and be able To be in heaven. Sounds like 'they' were trying to promote a good works / the necessity of keeping the Ten Commandments / salvation . And as God's Word tells us -- that is Not salvation.

Ephesians 2 still tells us that no amount of good works on our part will gain or help us get to heaven.

What those guys are saying don't need to scare you or anyone. It Is the cross of Christ plus Nothing. A person does need to acknowledge their person need For salvation -- then believe in their heart and confess with their mouth - the Lord Jesus. In your heart -- Christ died for Me. That Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He wasn't just another good, religious teacher of that day. He died for our sins and rose again after three days bodily.

Loyal
My husband and I have gardened for years. Depending on a person's location -- sometimes rabbits will get into the garden and eat -- sometimes birds like to pick at tomatoes.

A garden is to grow veggies to eat. Or flower gardens to grow pretty flowers.

What 'outsiders' are You referring to?

The word "tend" means "to over see, guard, protect, " just like a shepherd who "tends" his flock, who guides, protects, and over sees their flock. Adam's job was to protect the garden in which he was placed. Adam was given authority over all the works of God's hands, which included all the angels who had sinned. The serpent should not have been allowed into the garden, in exactly the same way how the husband is suppose to protect his family over intruders. Paul said, "give the devil no place"

Loyal
Curtis -- for one thing -- 'tending' a garden would be to over see guard protect from those pesky critters that come -- ants, bugs, cats, dogs, etc. that like to mess around with the products of the garden.

Adam was given dominion over the animals -- that's all. Not over everything that God made. That did Not include the fallen angels.

Where does it say that Adam was given authority over the all works of God's hands including the fallen angels?

Loyal
Curtis -- for one thing -- 'tending' a garden would be to over see guard protect from those pesky critters that come -- ants, bugs, cats, dogs, etc. that like to mess around with the products of the garden.

Adam was given dominion over the animals -- that's all. Not over everything that God made. That did Not include the fallen angels.

Where does it say that Adam was given authority over the all works of God's hands including the fallen angels?

Psa 8:4 what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?
Psa 8:5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
Psa 8:6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet,

Loyal
Curtis -- the Psalms 8 passage. vs 7 is further explaining the 'everything' in vs 6 " : " the colon -- all flocks and herds, and the beast of the field, the birds of the air, and fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. vs 9 'O Lord, Our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"

God Did make mankind a little Lower than the heavenly beings (angels).