• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How did you get saved?:)

How were you saved?:)

• By faith alone

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • By faith, combined with confession, repentance, and baptism

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • By saying a prayer

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • By faith, confession, and repentance

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I see a whole bunch of different things on here about this, I wanna know what you guys think, after all, were the ones who are going to have to the take care of the church someday. We're tomorrow's church today basically. Take the poll and leave a response or message me with an answer :) thanks you guys!

Active
I was saved by grace through faith. I am currently being saved by grace through faith, and this process, sanctification, has involved confession, repentance, and many other things that God has wrought in me. Some day, I will be saved by grace through faith, when Jesus himself transforms this body of mine into something glorious like he has. I cannot wait for that day.

Martin Luther didn't get everything right, but for the most part it seemed he understood that the Catholic system of his day was totally apostate and a mass exodus away from it was necessary. The RCC has not improved one bit since that day. Martin Luther was adamant that the book of James in the New Testament should be removed from the cannon of scripture. I believe he was wrong about this.

Travis

So
I was saved by grace through faith. I am currently being saved by grace through faith, and this process, sanctification, has involved confession, repentance, and many other things that God has wrought in me. Some day, I will be saved by grace through faith, when Jesus himself transforms this body of mine into something glorious like he has. I cannot wait for that day.

Martin Luther didn't get everything right, but for the most part it seemed he understood that the Catholic system of his day was totally apostate and a mass exodus away from it was necessary. The RCC has not improved one bit since that day. Martin Luther was adamant that the book of James in the New Testament should be removed from the cannon of scripture. I believe he was wrong about this.

Travis
Do you believe that involved with that faith we must repent and confes and be baptized to recieve the hope of eternal?

Active
Do you believe that involved with that faith we must repent and confes and be baptized to recieve the hope of eternal?
I think you are asking the wrong question.

When you ask the wrong question you are bound to get a wrong answer.

Faith is all you need to be saved. Faith will lead to repentance, which with seeking God brings salvation. Baptism is religious in nature, a symbolic representation in this physical World of your desire and commitment to God spiritually, it is not a pre- requisite for eternal life. and confession is only needed from you to God, be honest with God fully because he already knows the truth, he wants you to admit you are not enough and that Jesus is your only path to purity because his blood alone washes away sin and inequity, not mans baptisms or confessing to man. I found Jesus or vice versa while reading the Bible for history not religion, I never expected God to be real, but I heard "Jesus loves me" while reading of him and I have not looked back I have been running to him ever since. All I had was faith, no church or persons of faith to lead me, with the Bible alone Jesus made me into a new creation and the Holy Spirit showed me I didn't need a man with water baptising me, Jesus baptised me with the Holy Spirit which supercedes all mans religious traditions. I don't have a religion I follow, I just follow Christ and He assures me salvation comes from Him alone and all I have to do is love as He loves me to everyone and trust God and his Word, other than that accepting Jesus and simply trying to be better through a relationship with him are sufficient. He will come down to your level and raise you from there. God has done miracles for my soul and usually I didn't see what he was doing until he made perfect that aspect of my character, I prayed, cried, begged, meditated, and just kept seeking and he always worked on my behalf because I assure you I had no idea what I was doing, I felt insecure just approaching prayer for weeks but he always shows me what he's done for me after he completed it. Truly once I tried to have good deeds/good thoughts/good speech only, Jesus took the reigns and changed my heart fully, we just have to let him break down the old walls of our heart so He can be the foundation we rebuild it on. God is faithful, never changing with endless mercy and infinite love eternally, glory to God and Thank you thank you Jesus, you are our everything!

Active

RJ

I see a whole bunch of different things on here about this, I wanna know what you guys think, after all, were the ones who are going to have to the take care of the church someday. We're tomorrow's church today basically. Take the poll and leave a response or message me with an answer :) thanks you guys!
He knocked
I answered
I invited him in
He saved me

Staff Member
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:8

I accepted His free gift of salvation.
Hallelujah

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Romans 3:23-25

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come,.

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come*

For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Romans 11:36

* Charlotte Elliot

Active
While we are posting good relevant hymns.... I have one in mind:

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy riven side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Cleanse me from its guilt and power.

Not the labour of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Saviour, or I die!

While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgement throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

Augustus Toplady

I was saved emotionally and mentally through asking for forgiveness and confessing my grief for everything bad I had done

Active

RJ

I was saved emotionally and mentally through asking for forgiveness and confessing my grief for everything bad I had done
Hi Kris! Sounds like you were "Born Again" by the spirit of God. What a glorious day!

Yes indeed I was .......I had change for a few years but now I'm back to the way I was :)......although it may take some.time for u to be truly it is all worth the wait

Active

RJ

Yes indeed I was .......I had change for a few years but now I'm back to the way I was :)......although it may take some.time for u to be truly it is all worth the wait
I have this understanding that"now your back", though you went somewhere for a while, God never left you. God Bless!

Loyal
I sent $30.00 to he "DMV" and I received a "sticker" indicating my salvation. :)
I heard the Gospel of my salvation, that gave me faith to believe. I trusted the message with all my heart and did not lean upon my own understanding. I asked Jesus to be my savior, Lord and God.

Hey everyone! So glad everyone is posting :) just wanted a general idea of what everyone as a whole believed. I know I've had dealings on this subject in the past the and the concensus seemed to be the same then, that salvation is through faith "alone" and such. Please be reminded of what Jesus said though: "He who believes and is baptized will be saved." Mark 16:16, not "He who believes will be saved and can be baptized." As so many in the religious world today would put it. :) Hope everyone had a blessed ressurection day yesterday! God bless :)

- Jacob

Romans 10:8-10,13,17
8)But what saith it? The Word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is the Word of Faith that we preach; 9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved. 10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 17) So then Faith commeth by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Romans 6:4-6 4)Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in Newness of life. 5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection: 6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

I got saved by believing that Jesus was the only way to get to heaven, and then i was baptized in order to show my desire to be obedient. Then i began the process of becoming Christ like by renewing my mind to the Word of God, so that i may not be walking the way the world does.

Blessings to you!

Active

RJ

He who believes and is baptized will be saved." Mark 16:16,
You didn't finish the scripture: Whosoever is baptized and believes will be saved, but who ever does not believe will be condemned.
I don't think this scripture means also but who so ever is not baptized will be condemned or it would have said that also. Belief is at the center of your salvation and that would be inside or outside of water! Using water is a physical act of man, belief is spiritual and of God!

So with that being said what if you do believe in Christ but you have not been baptised because you had no opportunity or you don't belong to a church?

Active

RJ

So with that being said what if you do believe in Christ but you have not been baptised because you had no opportunity or you don't belong to a church?
You will find two schools of thought on this subject and with both, people will use scripture to support it:
  1. You must be water baptized in order to be saved; some take it to the max and say you must be completely immersed! This requires some works by man, but at some point essentially requires two baptisms: Includes Water Baptism and Holy Spirit Baptism
  2. Water Baptism is not required for salvation, only Holy Spirit Baptism. This can be done in or out of the water and the only baptism for salvation is, once you believe, as promised by God, he infuses you with the Holy Spirit, or you are baptized by the Holy Spirit.
I personally believe in no. 2 above. Jesus told Nicodemus that you have two births, one of your mother and one of the Holy Spirit; he said nothing about water baptism. To be saved, he said you must be Born Again; that would be being born of the spirit. No one can enter heaven unless they have Jesus living in them, This is done spiritually by God and not by man and water.
The decision is yours alone. Gone with what your heart tells you to do, but regardless, it is only by having the spirit of Jesus in you by which you are saved and go to heaven!