• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

How did you get saved?:)

How were you saved?:)

• By faith alone

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • By faith, combined with confession, repentance, and baptism

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • By saying a prayer

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • By faith, confession, and repentance

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I would like to add to RJ's post..........In my opinion there should be a #3. Baptism is not required for salvation, but it is an act of obedience. It is a symbol of dying with Christ, and being resurrected to a new life. So if you have the desire to be baptized (which i agree is totally up to you), then keep that in your heart, until such time when you can be water baptized.

When Jesus sent the disciples out...He told them to go and make disciples of all men, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Blessings to you all!

Active
So with that being said what if you do believe in Christ but you have not been baptised because you had no opportunity or you don't belong to a church?

You are saved by your faith in Jesus Christ and what His blood has done for you.

I was saved when I teamed up with God upon hearing he was going to take us down the devil. The devil did something really bad to me when I was young, so I was more than will to go with god. At first it started as a way to get revenge but now I'm completely a 100% Christian. Mabel if I'm really good god will let me beat the cap out of the devil come Armageddon.

It is only by the mercy and grace of God the father we are drawn to Belief in his son Jesus , and so we are saved by and in him, and so we conffess his nameto men, saying we believe Jesus is the son of God.

I find that a simpler explanation for it is the spriitual truth of the matter,

Active
Brother Redeemed, Faith by itself can save no one! Shocking statement?? LOL Please allow me to explain. ( Eph 2:8-10) No question, I could not have saved myself! but Faith, and belief of that faith, have far different meaning to me! Can Jesus believe for anyone?? NOPE! ( Rom 10:10)For with the heart who believes?? YOU DO!! For if what Jesus has done does not have to be believed, then Jesus will have no one to judge but himself!

Many use this famous scripture in ( Rom 8:29-30) to point out that Jesus predestined some to believe and some not to believe. But look close at verse 29 again! For those whom he foreknew( and we know Jesus is all knowing!!( 1Peter 1:2) He also predestined TO BECOME!!! ( Phil 1:6) conformed, not to be conformed! For if Jesus already conformed us, then we as believers would have no freedom of choice! Choice!!( Jos 24:15) in the Old covenant and CHOICE in the new!! ( Rom 10:4 to everyone who does what???) and ( John 6:28-29) Our only work! But it is a work!!

Now if I choose not to believe. Jesus has still fulfilled everything anyway, and if I die not believing what Jesus has done, then I will have to be judged by the LAW! And we all know if someone is judged by the law they have no grace!!( Gal 5:4!!) Some Calvinist friends I have, get very upset at that statement. They say God is in full control!! REALLY???

If God is in full control how is it he had no control over what the devil could offer him??( Matt 4:8-11) Jesus did not call the devil a liar here!! Jesus said you shall worship the Lord thy God and him only shall thou serve! It is not that Jesus cannot take full control, he sure can!

But just like those he created in his own image he has, and gives choices to all, for if he did not then we as believers would have no real freedom!( Gal 5:1 and Gal 1:13-15)And not having total freedom would mean one has got to be in some sort of bondage! Which we through our Jesus are not any longer!( Rom 6:14) Providing!!! WE believe!! Ask and what?( Matt 7:7) Believing calls for an action on our part!! I could have never, ever have provided what Jesus already has, BUT!!!!!! I HAVE to believe this!! And if I do not believe what Jesus has already done!! I have chosen to become lost! Not Jesus fault whatsoever! This brother is something I hope many will consider.