• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Homosexuality

Active
Trevor -- that which we are Born with is the propensity for Sinning. We are born in a natural state of 'being' -- we need to be born-Again of the Spirit and Then the Holy Spirit works in our hearts. Then we can be reading God's Word and growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

God knows who His Elect are -- but His elect Still have to come to Christ.
Sure, we are born into sin and as scripture informs us, if anyone says that they have no sin, they are liars and the truth is not in them. This being the case, we are all sinners. But praise God we are covered by the blood of Jesus as the Isrealites were when they put the blood on the door posts and the angel of death passed over them. Its interesting to note, nothing was mentioned as regards to the purity of those who had the faith to enter the anointed dwellings. Anyone sinful or not was covered by the blood. As am I as I claim the blood of the lamb. I pray daily for God to deliver me from evil. But if the roaring lion overcomes me I have the blood to wash away my sin.
Bless you Sue.

Loyal
Trevor -- we are covered only as we accept the covering.

We're not in the Old Testament. We're in the New Testament.

Besides That event in the life of the Israelites has nothing to do with This. And That was to prevent the angel of death from taking the new born in every family.

It was yearly sacrifices that were required by the High Priest. Every year. Christ became the Final Perfect Lamb of God in the New Testament.

Active

Besides That event in the life of the Israelites has nothing to do with This. And That was to prevent the angel of death from taking the new born in every family.

It was yearly sacrifices that were required by the High Priest. Every year. Christ became the Final Perfect Lamb of God in the New Testament.
Sue,
To ignore the old testament is folly the whole history of our faith is written there, without it we'd have no recourse to its wisdom and we'd lose much of the knowledge of creation, the fall, how God sees things, the law of which Jesus said he'd change not one jot or tittle and the genealogy of our saviour himself. If you see that as unimportant so be it. As for the Isrealites, I would imagine many of them were first born and sinful. Bless you.

Loyal
Well - the history of the Jewish faith, yes. I'm not Jewish. Apparently you Are ?!

I never said to Ignore it -- we Do have creation , the fall. The Psalms / Proverbs are Full of wisdom.

It was the Egyptians that would be affected by the Death Angel passing over.

The entirety of Scripture -- not one jot or title is to be taken out or added to.

It's God's Word that says that. God gave the Ten Commandments to the Israelites after He'd rescued them from all those years in Egyptian bondage.

And, yes, we Do have the geneology of Jesus Christ , the Son of David, the Son of Abraham in Matthew 1

In your context of that other post -- you appeared to be putting much greater emphasis on the Old Testament // the Torah// than anything else ie the Law

The blood on the door posts -- the people were told to do that -- the blood would protect the individual houses from the death of the 1st born. And, yes, many people Did Not do that and Did suffer the loss of their 1st born.

Loyal
Romans tells us that to 'be saved' one believes in their heart and confesses with their mouth. That is a conscious decision and choice on our personal part.

How did God reveal Himself to you?

How Did God reveal Himself to you?!

Active
John 15 v 16
You didn't choose me, but I chose you and I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit. etc.. I know we have to make covenant but in my case that came when the Lord revealed himself to me and I didn't have to think about it, it was as natural as breathing.
Hi Trevor

At the time of Jesus (which John is) there were no Christians. Christianity / born again only possible after the cross. Jesus was speaking to disciples and followers. People ordained to spread the good news. This does not equate to a Chinese person living on an island not ''being chosen to be in Christ one-day''.

Loyal
This post is a reply to comments above, although I appreciate the post seems to be moving off topic.

The Old Testament is a reflection of what was to come in the New Testament.

Every bit of the OT is looking forward to the Messiah, every part of the NT is looking forward to Christ's Return but equally important is Christ in the OT.

The two are one, woven together like a perfect garment, Jesus constantly referred to the OT and the Law and the Prophets in the OT.

To think the OT is just for Jews, and the NT is for followers of Christ is a big mistake. All scripture is God breathed.

Christ is in scripture from Genesis to Revelation

John 1:1-2 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.

Luke 24:25-27 (NKJV)
25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?"
27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

John 15 Jesus says I am the vine you are the branches, then we read Romans 11 that furthers this

Romans 11:13-27 (NKJV)
13 For I (a Jew) speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh (Jews) and save some of them.

15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches (Jews) were broken off, and you, (Gentile) being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,

18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."
20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.

22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
23 And they also, (Jews) if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

The OT is not for Jews and the NT for Gentiles, they are one, as the Bible is one, OT and NT woven together like a fine silk garment. We are to accept them as one. The OT is a reflection of the NT, a reflection is a copy of an original not a separate picture.

We (Gentiles) are grafted into the lump, into the original root, the branches is disobedient Jews were cut off, but God can graft them back on, Israel will be Saved.

Active
Sure, we are born into sin and as scripture informs us, if anyone says that they have no sin
Agreed. We are born into sin not ''with'' sin. We have all sinned as even thoughts are sin Matt 5:28.

But praise God we are covered by the blood of Jesus as the Isrealites were when they put the blood on the door posts and the angel of death passed over them. Its interesting to note, nothing was mentioned as regards to the purity of those who had the faith to enter the anointed dwellings. Anyone sinful or not was covered by the blood.

Jews stoned, burnt and ex-communicated mortal sinners among themselves. It is safe to assume none who covered their door were mortal sinners.

Active

Sue, the OT is 2/3 of the bible and God does not change. We can most certainly learn from it.

The reference to the angel of death not able to harm those with blood on their doors is 100% relevant and comparable to us covered by Jesus.

Loyal
@KingJ -- the blood on the doorposts was what the people did Themselves -- a kind of 'good work' they did for their 'salvation'. It is NOT the same as what Jesus Christ did on the cross For us. In the New Testament -- Jesus Christ went to the cross -- In Our Place -- He shed His blood For us. covering our sin with His blood. We need to Accept that -- God's gift For us -- in order for it to do us any good. Compare that to Anyone who has a gift for us -- it only Becomes Our when we've Accepted it. We reach out for it and accept it and thank them for it. It is Then ours.

Okay -- so the Old Testament has more books -- The NEW Testament provided / provides Salvation and Christian living for mankind NOW. The New fulfilling the Old. The cross of Christ // His shed blood // is predicted in the Old and fullfilled in the New. Christianity is introduced.

Loyal
Agreed. We are born into sin not ''with'' sin. We have all sinned as even thoughts are sin Matt 5:28.

Jews stoned, burnt and ex-communicated mortal sinners among themselves. It is safe to assume none who covered their door were mortal sinners.

Romans 3:23 "for All have Sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Being justified freely by His Grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Maybe -- instead of 'assuming' something -- go with what God's Word actually says. Because Assuming something is true -- doesn't Assure that it Is.

Loyal
Firstly Sue, y

Assuming you're asking Me to share and then You will. Okay. God revealed Himself to Me through His Word -- through hearing His word Taught -- through the examples of other's lives. Through head-knowledge first and then realizing I had to believe in my heart and confess with my mouth. The Holy Spirit convicted me as i heard His Word taught and I needed to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, Myself.

Loyal
Dear Sue, are you a Bible believing Christian?

If you are, you have to a accept, both the OT and the NT. Had in not been for the OT there would be no NT. We are grafted into their root stock.

ALL scripture is God breathed.

Active
Romans 3:23 "for All have Sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Being justified freely by His Grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Maybe -- instead of 'assuming' something -- go with what God's Word actually says. Because Assuming something is true -- doesn't Assure that it Is.
In the OT there was a separation in death (Hades) between sinners. Some were in Abraham's bosom. Why? Why were sinners in death separated from other sinners in death?

Loyal
Why were sinners in death separated from other sinners in death?

Because Jesus had not yet accomplished the perfect sacrifice. He had not yet sprinkled his blood on the mercy seat in heaven.
He had not yet led the captives (in the lower parts of the earth) free yet.

Active
Because Jesus had not yet accomplished the perfect sacrifice. He had not yet sprinkled his blood on the mercy seat in heaven.
He had not yet led the captives (in the lower parts of the earth) free yet.
Yes, this is true. But this is not an answer.

I am asking why there was a separation in death. Not why they were in death.

Active
This post is a reply to comments above, although I appreciate the post seems to be moving off topic.

The Old Testament is a reflection of what was to come in the New Testament.

Every bit of the OT is looking forward to the Messiah, every part of the NT is looking forward to Christ's Return but equally important is Christ in the OT.

The two are one, woven together like a perfect garment, Jesus constantly referred to the OT and the Law and the Prophets in the OT.

To think the OT is just for Jews, and the NT is for followers of Christ is a big mistake. All scripture is God breathed.

Christ is in scripture from Genesis to Revelation

John 1:1-2 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.

Luke 24:25-27 (NKJV)
25 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?"
27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

John 15 Jesus says I am the vine you are the branches, then we read Romans 11 that furthers this

Romans 11:13-27 (NKJV)
13 For I (a Jew) speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh (Jews) and save some of them.

15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches (Jews) were broken off, and you, (Gentile) being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,

18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."
20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.

22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
23 And they also, (Jews) if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

The OT is not for Jews and the NT for Gentiles, they are one, as the Bible is one, OT and NT woven together like a fine silk garment. We are to accept them as one. The OT is a reflection of the NT, a reflection is a copy of an original not a separate picture.

We (Gentiles) are grafted into the lump, into the original root, the branches is disobedient Jews were cut off, but God can graft them back on, Israel will be Saved.
@KingJ -- the blood on the doorposts was what the people did Themselves -- a kind of 'good work' they did for their 'salvation'. It is NOT the same as what Jesus Christ did on the cross For us. In the New Testament -- Jesus Christ went to the cross -- In Our Place -- He shed His blood For us. covering our sin with His blood. We need to Accept that -- God's gift For us -- in order for it to do us any good. Compare that to Anyone who has a gift for us -- it only Becomes Our when we've Accepted it. We reach out for it and accept it and thank them for it. It

Okay -- so the Old Testament has more books -- The NEW Testament provided / provides Salvation and Christian living for mankind NOW. The New fulfilling the Old. The cross of Christ // His shed blood // is predicted in the Old and fullfilled in the New. Christianity is introduced.
@KingJ -- the blood on the doorposts was what the people did Themselves -- a kind of 'good work' they did for their 'salvation'. It is NOT the same as what Jesus Christ did on the cross For us. In the New Testament -- Jesus Christ went to the cross -- In Our Place -- He shed His blood For us. covering our sin with His blood. We need to Accept that -- God's gift For us -- in order for it to do us any good. Compare that to Anyone who has a gift for us -- it only Becomes Our when we've Accepted it. We reach out for it and accept it and thank them for it. It is Then ours.

Romans tells us that to 'be saved' one believes in their heart and confesses with their mouth. That is a conscious decision and choice on our personal part.

How did God reveal Himself to you?
Assuming you're asking Me to share and then You will. Okay. God revealed Himself to Me through His Word -- through hearing His word Taught -- through the examples of other's lives. Through head-knowledge first and then realizing I had to believe in my heart and confess with my mouth. The Holy Spirit convicted me as i heard His Word taught and I needed to accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, Myself.
Sue, the post you reacted to was not the post I intended, I tried to amend it but my new post never made it on the site. It seems to me that whatever I post, you disagree with so as I find that frustrating I'll bow out and accept that we see things differently. I pray that the Lord will enlighten us both in our search for the truth and I pray that the Lord will bless you mightily. Trevor X

Loyal
I am asking why there was a separation in death. Not why they were in death.

Jail is temporary (until the hearing before the judge). Prison is permanent.
Hell is temporary (until the hearing before the judge) The Lake of fire is permanent.

Active
Jail is temporary (until the hearing before the judge). Prison is permanent.
Hell is temporary (until the hearing before the judge) The Lake of fire is permanent.
BAC, why was there a separation in prison?