• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

God declares Jesus God

Loyal
I never noticed this before in Hebrews, I have read hebrews many many times before, thought I would share it. God is calling Jesus God here

Hebrews 1-8,9

8 But about the Son He says:“Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever,and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom.

9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;therefore God, Your God, has anointed You above Your companions with the oil of joy.”

Active
Most will argue this point until the day they die, but Jesus who became Jesus the Christ at the river Jordan when he was baptized in the Holy Ghost without measure became the first Born Again human on the face of the earth. After his death as a sacrifice for the sin of the world he was then resurrected and then
GLORIFIED AND ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD THAT HE HAD BECOME A GOD. He was not one until after glorification. He was the Son of God in that God provided the masculine DNA for his human body. This act also allowed him to be in the world and not have a carnal mind which is why he was never at odds with his Father and did not sin. That changed in the garden near the end of his natural life because he had to know what that was like for the rest of us.
Reasoning it out: Why would Jesus need the Holy Ghost except to be born of the Spirit. Is that not why we who receive of the spirit receive it? He was the first as an example to show the process actually worked!!!!! He claimed that he did not know who would sit on his left or right but the Father knew. He claimed that he did not know when the end would be, but the Father knew. He claimed to only DO what he HEARD and or SAW the Father doing; therefore the things he did were by his Fathers instruction.

If he were God already he would not need to be instructed yes? If he were God already whats the point of the temptations in the wilderness by Satan. Kinda
silly to think that the inventor is tempted by the invention!!
He was the Son and was being tried and tested and educated and prepared for his ministry and eventual death, but he like some of us understood what the
REWARD WAS. As he said "If we overcome as he overcame we will come to the same REWARD."
This is the precious pearl that has value above all else.

Directly to your point. There has only been ONE GOD in the old Testament days. The Father tells us many times over that "He knows of NO OTHER GOD BESIDES ME." And is that not one of the Ten commandments "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me." But after the glorification of Jesus Christ there are now TWO as you have exposed in Hebrews above.

Active
Most will argue this point until the day they die, but Jesus who became Jesus the Christ at the river Jordan when he was baptized in the Holy Ghost without measure became the first Born Again human on the face of the earth. After his death as a sacrifice for the sin of the world he was then resurrected and then
GLORIFIED AND ANNOUNCED TO THE WORLD THAT HE HAD BECOME A GOD. He was not one until after glorification. He was the Son of God in that God provided the masculine DNA for his human body. This act also allowed him to be in the world and not have a carnal mind which is why he was never at odds with his Father and did not sin. That changed in the garden near the end of his natural life because he had to know what that was like for the rest of us.
Reasoning it out: Why would Jesus need the Holy Ghost except to be born of the Spirit. Is that not why we who receive of the spirit receive it? He was the first as an example to show the process actually worked!!!!! He claimed that he did not know who would sit on his left or right but the Father knew. He claimed that he did not know when the end would be, but the Father knew. He claimed to only DO what he HEARD and or SAW the Father doing; therefore the things he did were by his Fathers instruction.

If he were God already he would not need to be instructed yes? If he were God already whats the point of the temptations in the wilderness by Satan. Kinda
silly to think that the inventor is tempted by the invention!!
He was the Son and was being tried and tested and educated and prepared for his ministry and eventual death, but he like some of us understood what the
REWARD WAS. As he said "If we overcome as he overcame we will come to the same REWARD."
This is the precious pearl that has value above all else.

Directly to your point. There has only been ONE GOD in the old Testament days. The Father tells us many times over that "He knows of NO OTHER GOD BESIDES ME." And is that not one of the Ten commandments "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me." But after the glorification of Jesus Christ there are now TWO as you have exposed in Hebrews above.

This is exactly what I have been trying to say in my own thread about Jesus' divinity. When He came in the flesh, He was just flesh. Even His resurrection from death was done by God, whom He called Father throughout His ministry. Then people misunderstand me and make it a big point accusing me of denying Jesus' divinity. But in believing that Jesus was still God as a Man, they admit He was a hybrid with two natures mixed together, and will soon fall into the error of denying Him as truly coming in the flesh. That denial of Jesus' flesh-hood, albeit how subtly it may seem, comes from the spirit of antichrist as the apostle John prophesied.

Jesus divinity (attested by Scriptures):
Old Testament - divine, wholly SPIRIT, Word of God
Man of Nazareth - wholly FLESH, not divine (that is why He could be tempted and could die mortally)
After Resurrection - divine, wholly life giving SPIRIT, Lord of lords and King of kings etc

What is said of Jesus:

1 Corinthians 15:28 Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

The above show that Jesus' Father will be the ONLY God who will be God above all in the end. It is pretty appalling how people can read the Bible but still subscribe to man-made doctrines that contradict it, just shows how deceived even professing Christians are today.

Active
They deny Jesus completely by saying he was God in the flesh. NO the Father resided with him in his flesh. He was not God. He was Gods emissary to man to show us the way unto life. He had to be made just like Adam, whom by the way was also made without a carnal mind, in order to make the two even. Whereby Adam came condemnation and by Jesus came justification of life.
I believe that most have never heard his voice. They can not from an experiential point of view understand how it was possible for Jesus to not be the one doing the miracles, but rather an instrument that voiced what the Father was doing.

There are many Bible scholars but few whom the word resides In.
"Many are called but few are chosen" and that not of their own for it is not by he who wills(man) or he who runs(man) but of he who Calls(God).
I chose you!!!!!!!!! You did not choose me!!!!!!

I agree that most cannot see. But after many years of trying to expose doctrinal error within the "churches" they would rather continue in error than loose
what fellowship and fun they have at their houses of worship. So you get booted out the door. But I also feel that they may be stuck in their overcoming which is an individual thing and until God is ready to push those baby birds out of the nest they will remain in it. So long story short you have to let them be because they have been appointed to the position in which they now stand, just like you and me we are appointed to stand in the faith that we have received and cannot go back though we be alone. It is at this juncture we must push even higher, if God be willing, to understand what is the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
And as I mentioned in the earlier post it is to come to the same reward that our Lord Jesus came to and sit in his throne as he sat down in his fathers throne.
The seed always brings forth after its own kind???
If your spirit is of God and it is, when it joined with the masculine Holy Ghost there was a NEW creature conceived at that moment whose spiritual genetics are both from God. So what MUST the NEW CREATURE become????? Jesus having gone through exactly that process shows us the end of the question!!!
God bless and have a great day.

I dont know people. It's kinda hard to downplay John 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Mind you, this is before Jesus was baptized.

Then you start to compare other such verses like:
John 10
30 I and my Father are one.
Then see Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

In fact, the Jews wanted to kill him because Jesus claimed to be God.
John 10
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men

Plus, only God is to be worshiped...
Matthew 2
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

More scripture to compare
Isaiah 44:6
6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

1 Corinthians 8
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him (compare also John 1:1-3); and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Revelation 2
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive

Revelation 1
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I hope people realize that Jesus is speaking to John in the book of Revelation. Jesus is making those claims. May the scriptures laid out speak for themselves.

Loyal
Titus 2:13; looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

2 Peter 1:1; Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 1:8; But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM

The first part of the chapter gives a good description of who Jesus is.

Hebrews 1:1-4 (MEV) "God, who at various times and in diverse ways spoke long ago to the fathers through the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the world. He is the brightness of His glory, the express image of Himself, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had by Himself purged our sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. He was made so much better than the angels as He has inherited a more excellent name than they."

And don't forget about the trinity.

Ephesians 4:4-6 (MEV) "There is one body and one Spirit, even as you were called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Active
To Acts point: ....because thou being a MAN makest thyself GOD.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, YE ARE GODS? If he(GOD) called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture CANNOT BE BROKEN; say ye of him(Jesus), whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I (Jesus) said I am the SON of God?
In this instance He himself says in red and white that He (Jesus) is the SON OF GOD.

Will anyone call him a liar?

Active
I would have to write a book to explain who the ELOHIM are. But suffice it to say that we all are a part of the ELOHIM group and so was Jesus. He was the captain of the group if you will. This particular creative aspect of the Father was embodied in this group of spirits and it is these spirits that are placed in earthen bodies to actually become the Sons of God.
Jesus told us that in order for a man to see the Kingdom of God he must be born of water and spirit???? He himself was born of water in that he was born a flesh MAN, and at the river Jordan He was born again in the Spirit when the Holy Ghost descended upon him. This met the requirement he stated AFTER it had happened to him. Jesus was a pattern for the rest to follow and we could not if we were not already what he was in the flesh and then became what he was after our baptism in the Holy Ghost.

To complete the quote from Psalms 82: 6-7 "I have said, Ye are gods (Elohim); and ALL OF YOU are children of the Most High. But Ye shall DIE LIKE MEN, and fall like one of the princes.
Elohim was translated a few thousand times as God, but if you'll look it up there are places where it has a plural meaning. The above is one of those times. He is not saying here that you belong to God, though that is true too, He is saying that you are Gods as though you had finished your course. As if the end were already finished. And God knows the end before he begins anything. Yes?

According as he hath CHOSEN us IN HIM before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.
The IN HIM refers to the portion of God that is being used in the earthen bodies that we now possess. The feminine spirits of man in the flesh.
Psalms 34:2 "My soul shall make HER boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad"

How crazy would you think I am If I said to you that you have always been with God and you in spirit are as old as God himself and when He told you what he was going to do to and for you before he did it you rejoiced as you did the day he introduced himself to you in the flesh? He erased what memory of your days spent with him and everything you had ever done as part of the Elohim group in order to transform you into what he is!!!! Like it or not this is/was the PLAN and nothing shall stop it from happening and Jesus Christ was the first or Pattern Son to complete the process. And we ALL shall follow in Gods timing.

Active
If YOU continue in my WORD, then YOU shall know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH shall set YOU free. Does the above in any way sound like Freedom???
Truth will always make one more free than they were before they understood the truth.

In this instance He himself says in red and white that He (Jesus) is the SON OF GOD.

Will anyone call him a liar?

Yes, though he also said that "if you seen me you have seen the father"and "I and the father are one". Jesus also claims that he is the first and the last. Which by implication and logic due to Isaiah 44:6 make Jesus God, Lord and savior, in his own claim to John.

John, directed by the Holy Spirit and witness also claimed that "in the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God". He also claimed that the "word became flesh". Mind you, the word was with God and was God, then became flesh. He was with God in the beginning. He was God. He became flesh.

Both Paul and Peter, also directed by the Holy Spirit said that Jesus was both "God and Savior"

(see verses again in my previous post and post number 6 by BAC)

Its right there in scripture. Not my opinion. Not a speculation or conjecture. Really, all I need is John chapter 1 to refute those who oppose Jesus as God (part of the Godhead) and its all over for them. No way around it.

Loyal
Most will argue this point until the day they die, but Jesus who became Jesus the Christ at the river Jordan when he was baptized in the Holy Ghost without measure became the first Born Again human on the face of the earth

if you think Jesus had to be born again you do not know Jesus !! Jusus was full deity at birth and before birth for that matter, why else would he be worshiped as a infant???

Loyal
John 10:32; Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?"
John 10:33; The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."
John 10:34; Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, 'I SAID, YOU ARE GODS'?
John 10:35; "If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
John 10:36; do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?
John 10:37; "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;
John 10:38; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father."

This is a quote of Psalms 82:6;

Psa 82:6; I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.
Psa 82:7; "Nevertheless you will die like men And fall like any one of the princes."

Active
I know the Lord. He has spoken to me and given me things to do just as it says in Mark 16:17-18 as conformation of selection. How about you? He ever tell you to go somewhere and do anything in his name? You ever cast out an unclean spirit? You ever get told by him to pray for someone that he heals of inoperable cancer or any other ailment for that matter? Do or can you pray/speak in tongues? If any of this fits you then we are of the same spirit if not then we aren't.

Gods word is Gods PLAN. Jesus was the PLAN made flesh to show us that the PLAN worked and what the outcome for the disciple of Christ would be.

As far as I and the Father are one is concerned I believe you misunderstand he is not saying that he is the Father he is stating the fact that he and the father are in agreement. (They are of one mind).
If you have seen me you have seen the Father. John 5:20 for the Father loveth the Son (2 different entities), and shows him all things that he(God) does: and he (God) will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself (they're not my words!!): but the Father that DWELLS IN ME, He doeth the works." The same way the Holy Ghost resides in us, we don' do the miracles he does, and that does not make us God!!
Again he says that he is not the Father and the words that he speaks are not his own but they are the Fathers.

Active
Jesus died just like a man as the Psalms said yet he was raised and Glorified by God the Father and became a God at that point. It proves he was part of the group that was spoken of in Psalms 82:6

Active
He was worshiped as an infant because he was to be the savior of the world and he was the only Son of God to be born not of a man. Adam excluded. But Adam was never born he was made from the dust.

Active
The most quoted verse in the Bible: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten SON.......... It doesn't say he gave himself he gave his SON.

Jesus is Jesus and god Is god. This trinity thing is something the Romans made up so they could get there populace to agree to a new religion.

Active
I dont know people. It's kinda hard to downplay John 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Then see Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Those verses are about Jesus in the OT. He was not even called Jesus at that time, simply the Son and Word. And yes He was divine. God translated today is synonym to divine, or being in spirit form. The term god also symbolised a form of divine authority, which is why Moses, a mere man, was said to be like a god unto Pharaoh. (Exodus 7:1) Yet according to you Moses somehow is now divine? Is Moses flesh or spirit? In terms of the true God, authority over all creation, the Father is that one God, both in being divine and being the ultimate authority figure, there is no other God. It is the Father who gave all authority even to His Son Jesus, the Son had no authority on His own.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

What is it you don’t understand that the Word was made flesh? It means Jesus was totally flesh, there was no spirit component in Him. If He remained partly a spirit, (which is what you guys allude by saying He remained divine), He cannot die mortally. We will not have a Messiah then and our faith is useless.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Yes, it is true that Jesus existed before John and Abraham, but what does that prove about your beliefs? The Word was made flesh, John said that clearly, and it means the Word took on a different nature that made Him mortal and not divine. Either you believe that the Word remained divine in spirit form, or you believe the Word was truly made flesh and became mortal. Mortality cannot coexist with divinity (immortality), they are mutually exclusive. Or else even Moses can be said to be divine because God did say he is like a god to pharaoh. Clearly that isn’t true.

In fact, the Jews wanted to kill him because Jesus claimed to be God.
John 10
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

If Jesus remained divine in the true sense as the Man of Nazareth, why didn’t He just tell them “I did not blaspheme?” Instead He mentioned past examples of how even mere mortals can be considered as gods. Moses was one such example in Exodus but he was nowhere considered immortal or divine by anyone. So Jesus made it very clear He was indeed fully mortal as the Man of Nazareth.

Active
Plus, only God is to be worshiped...
Matthew 2
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Only God is to be worshipped? Not true. In Revelations 3:9 KJV

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

God is to be worshipped, but God can also make anyone worship at people’s feet, people whom He loves. The same is said about Jesus:

Hebrews 1:6 And when he brought his supreme Son into the world, God said, “Let all of God's angels worship him.

Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth

It is God Himself who decreed that the Son is to be worshipped, whether the Son is a man, a spirit or whatever. God decides who is to be worshipped as His representative, not us.

More scripture to compare
Isaiah 44:6
6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

That again is in OT. Jesus was not even a man then and was not called Jesus. The Word is the representative of the Father since the beginning.

1 Corinthians 8
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him (compare also John 1:1-3); and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Do you understand what you quote? Paul made the distinction very clear, the Father of Jesus Christ is the one God, both in authority and divinity. Jesus is the one Lord, by whom God made all things.

Revelation 2
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive

Revelation 1
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I hope people realize that Jesus is speaking to John in the book of Revelation. Jesus is making those claims. May the scriptures laid out speak for themselves.

By the time of Revelations, Jesus was again immortal and no longer mortal, and thus He is divine again. Divine means immortality, Jesus cannot die if He remained immortal as a man!