• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

fedupchristian

Something a retired Pastor says, so take encouragement here:-

I'm fed up, and I thank God.

Guess we can thank God for the fedupness, otherwise we'd be lifelss.

Corrie Ten Boon, had to thank God for the flees eventually, as they kept the German Prison Officers out of their camp.

so in all situations and all things, look to the one, who gave His life for us and Thank Him. Amen

Active
Grace and Peace,

Welcome to talkJesus, hope you are blessed by the fellowship.

I had my days of being fed up, nothing was going right. Everytime I thought
about the mess surrounding me I felt worse even more fed up than I did before.
Something had be be wrong, but I couldnt put my finger on it, this verse came to me

Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight

I didnt find comfort in this verse right away, because my spirit was so heavy, my negativity was overwhelming, I couldnt see good in anything.

Things got worse and so did my attitude, I didnt trust anyone I was just upset.

Until I couldnt take it anymore, my attitude was not helping my situation.
Nothing made sense, but I knew the God I serve.

You may not understand everything,
I'm not going to tell you" do this, read this, pray about this "
Because I dont know the storm you're in.

But God wants me to tell you that

He loves you, more than you can imagine. ? "

Jesus warned us of false prophets in Matthew 7:15 (wolves in sheep's clothing). This applies to false friends, as well.

SLE

This applies to false friends, as well.

SLE
so strange you bringing this up, I was with a fellow Christian at a seminar about 30mile from my home town last week, I was doing the driving, she only wanted me to break the speed limit, and go through the amber light as it was going to go red as I was approaching it, I never did any of these things to which she wasn't too pleased, I told her there are speed cameras all over the province, to which she replied, 'nonsence',
It was an experience I never want to relive, I should have had the courage to say that would have breaking the law to which we are accountable. It made me see her walk in a totally differant light, now this woman works in a Christian book shop, she is the only person in it who's selling books and praying with customers who come in to the shop, I know I'm not to judge, but in what way can people like that be used, or are they even used of God?
Curious to find out your thoughts on this bro's and sis's.

Last edited:
Maureen,

I know a young man who's been saved for, maybe, five or six years, whose road as a Christian has been quite rocky. At first, like your lady friend, he wasn't particularly concerned with obeying traffic laws when he drove. But God is at work in him and, as that work progresses, his attitude toward driving regulations (and other things) is changing.

If your book shop lady is a true believer, she is submitting to God's will and is in the process of being changed by Him. Don't condemn her, but do lovingly remind her of her responsibility to obey the law when you are her passenger. After all, your personal safety is involved.

SLE

Ann

Maureen
It made me see her walk in a totally differant light, now this woman works in a Christian book shop, she is the only person in it who's selling books and praying with customers who come in to the shop, I know I'm not to judge, but in what way can people like that be used, or are they even used of God?
Curious to find out your thoughts on this bro's and sis's.

Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Maureen Hi..
My first reaction to your question was who is without sin. Her sin is obvious, but everybody sin, even if it is just thinking the wrong thoughts. If we put a question mark behind the action of this fellow Christian you mentioned, then we must do it with every Christian even ourselves, because we are not without sin. That is why the Lords prayer says:
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

We cannot condemn anyone doing something wrong we must forgive them 7 x 7 and then more if necesarry. And if we forgive we must also forget so that we can have proper and sincere fellowship with each other.

Just my thoughts.

Lots of love!:love:

Blessings!

Hi Fed up

I'm new here too.
I understand you're frustration with the world, but one also has to remember that there is so much that is good in the world such as Church events and community events and people who try to make the world better. The devil is not the only one with a say!
Hannah, UK

I do hear you all, and I'm not meaning to condemn, believe me. This same woman has been saved a long time and has also been to Bible College.

I am the one who has sinned and greatly may I admit it.
My husband has been just chipping away still at me, using mind battles and I've been through so much these past few months, losing my Uncle whom I was his only next of kin, then my wee dog 14yrs died, and I took ill was bed ridden for 8days with infections and severe sciatica, I'm really at rock bottom I know the only way is up, but last night I just lost it all, he really stirred me up, my physchiatrist had told me I must tell him what he's doing to me in drink, he verbally abuses me for the past 30yrs, has put me out twice, last month was the latest, well now I'm at the end of the tether,
I'm ashamed to say I know the Lord, I have cried and screamed for forgiveness most of the night, as I told my husband, I was joining him on the road to Hell, as he wants a Social life, and I can't join in that neither would I want to, but I just lost it last night, the crux came, and I blew it again for Jesus, let Him down badly, so much so I can't even think how he'd want the likes of me a rebel back.

I cursed, I smashed glass, I opened wine said I was gonna join him in socializing now, said everything that came to mind the devil had a field day with me.

I couldn't even go to prayer meeting tonight and I'm not going to church this Sunday, I know you are all going to say that is the worst thing but I'm so disgraced I coudn't be a 'pretender' I also want him to think I've given up my walk, as he doesnt want that, I trailled all my scriptures down from around the house, he tried to replace some but I woudln't let him.
Can any of you give some assurance as to what to do?
I feel I've lost that peace I had, has the Lord turned away from me, it's breaking me up, I know I can't live back in the world, I don't want to, I hate it, I loved my Christian life, but when you have a husband who torments you, it's mighty hard to stick.
I wanted to make him think I'll show you just what I'm like without the hand of Jesus upon me, just what his grace was saving me from,
fight fire with fire.
Cause believe me it's not working any other wqy. No wonder the scripture says not to be unequally yoked, so true.

He messes with me saying one day I'll be saved, my cousin who's been saved for over 30yrs told me he's playing mind games with my head, and to be very carefull.
sorry to burden you all with this, but please some help, and advice would be much appreciated and welcomed.
Last night I just got in my car and drove, then I thought I'll go to the river Lagan guess satan was in the car with me, but just as it happened my friend who's not saved, rang me on my mobile, and told me to get back home, which I did.

I've never repeat never been in this mire so bad before, do I as a Christian have to take this abuse (verbal) from a husband, and just keep on taking it, he's grand sober, but the demon drink takes over him.

thank you for anything you may say, can you help me find my way back to God, I feel I've just burned that bridge now.
Thank you

Maureen:

Two things I think you need to do:

1) Get to church on Sunday and pull the preacher or somebody aside and ask them to pray with you (not for you). I think that the Holy Spirit wants to give you some stress relief by you being prayed with at church.

2) If there is an Al-Anon group that meets within driving distance, check it out. Al-Anon helps family members and friends of practicing alcoholics. If there's no group near you, check out their website.

God wants to heal your situation, but the healing's going to come through other people - some via face-to-face talking, and some through this website.

As to what the people at church will think of you, let me give you a wise saying I learned recently: "You wouldn't worry so much about what other people think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

SLE

Ann

Maureen
I've never repeat never been in this mire so bad before, do I as a Christian have to take this abuse (verbal) from a husband, and just keep on taking it, he's grand sober, but the demon drink takes over him.

Maureen hi.. SpiritLedEd gave you some very good advice please follow it. Remember not to let your emotions dictate your actions let it be a conscious decision without allowing your feelings to interfere.

I have experience of this kind of situation, but as a child in a household where my dad abused my mother verbally and physically when he was drunk and that was most of the time. I know how difficult this must be for you and I so much want to encourage and help you, therefore I am posting an article of Joyce Meyer for you which I think might be able to help because I know that you feel abuse and rejected.

Do You Feel Rejected?
by Joyce Meyer

The Lord gave this Word to me as I was preparing for one of my conferences, and I believe He wants me to share it with you. He said:

So many are in prison because they won't accept themselves. So many are so gifted and talented, but they won't express themselves because they fear rejection. They fear man. They fear what people will think. I want to love My people, but they hold Me at arms length and won't let Me really love them because they have been hurt by others. They fear I will reject them because of their weaknesses like people have but I will never reject them. Tell them I love them. Ask them to stop trying so hard to be acceptable to Me and to realize I accept them where they are. Tell them I don't want perfect performance from them. I want them to love Me and to let Me love them."

The Lord’s been having me minister to the body of believers concerning how He looks for a perfect heart and not perfect performance. We won’t impress God with our works unless our heart is pure. A lot of people think God won't use them until every area of their life is perfected. That type of thinking keeps people from allowing God to use them. He uses us in spite of us, not because of us. This doesn't mean that we should have a loose attitude and not desire to live a holy life. A person whose heart is perfect toward God is always going to earnestly and zealously desire to please God in all things. But we must also remember that Hebrews 4:15 teaches us that we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning. Verse 16 encourages us, in light of verse 15, to draw near to God's throne and receive mercy for our failures and to go ahead and get grace to help us in our time of need. This is one of God's ways of saying He won't reject you because of your weaknesses or mistakes.

Most of us have grown up on a "merry-go-round" of trying to please people so they won't reject us. We all have an inbred need to be loved. People usually love you based on your performance. If you do what they want you to do, they accept you; but if you don't, they reject you. This is the operation of human love, and none of us know how to do anything else until we taste God's agape love that’s not based on man's performance but is based only on God. He loves you and accepts you because He decided to, not because of what you do or don’t do. Once again let me say, this doesn't mean you shouldn't desire holiness; but you'll never arrive at new levels of holiness if you think God rejects you and withholds His love every time you fail. Remember Hebrews 4:15,16. He knows you're weak, so admit that you are and let Him help you anyway.

2 Chronicles 16:9 says, ...the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to [show] himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him(KJV).

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 says that God purposely chooses the weak and foolish things of the world to confound the wise.

I would, in my natural thinking, think that He would look for a perfect specimen someone who has it all together, a strong person who’d never fail Him or let Him down. But instead He looks for a person whose heart is perfect toward Him.

God desires to heal His people from past hurts caused by rejection. He wants you to know He will never reject you. He says in Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (NKJV). This is referring to those who are laboring at trying to be perfect and then beating themselves with guilty feelings when they fail.

Jesus was talking to the people who were trying to live under the laws of the Pharisees. It takes a lot to please a Pharisee, and they’re still around today. I'm sure you know one someone who conveys to you the message, "I'll accept you if you perform perfectly and please me. I'll reject you and withhold my love if you don't."

Jesus isn’t a Pharisee. He says in John 3:18 that he who believes in Him will never be rejected. Believe in Him, love Him and desire His will. You'll be off to a good start. He’ll bring you across the finish line. And remember, you may not be performing perfectly, but if you have a perfect heart toward Him, He counts you as perfect while you’re making the trip. Oh yes, one main thing I need to say: Be sure you are not a Pharisee. God has placed people all around you who need love and acceptance. Give it to them, and you'll help them become the best person they can be.

Please don't give up, I know you can overcome this. Pray and ask God to change you, not the people around you but you. I did this a few years back when I had some problems with my mother inlaw and my husband always taking her side. And even though they did not change, the fact that my attitude towards the circumstances did through praying this prayer, made me able to handle anything they threw at me.

Lots of love, I am praying for you, keep faith!:love::girl_hug:

Many blessings to you!

Ann

fedup (thanks for answering) but... - 11-09-07, 02:55 PM - Add Post To Favorites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......your comforting words shows that there is some compassion left in this world. But pardon me but these words dont have the same effect they once had.... I ve come to hear them time and time again, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 7 years ago, when I started my journey with God.... I hope not to rebel as I do not want to.... But as I said before my faith has gone maybe because those words was spoken by people I thought were friends, people that promised me that it ll be alright.... but alright never happened....

I will not doubt miracles god has done for me and my brother and family but it seems to me God doesnt want us to be totally free and happy.... I do not know why.... You will tell me god does things in his time, but I heard that before, Please when will it be okay for God to help us out....

We ve been in bad situations and problems before and it seems we ve been bailed out just to go back into them and wait for some other kind of salvation.... I dont even know if what I m saying makes sense... Maybe I m just losing my mind....

But why after so many fasting, praying, praising that I ve done for god am I still in the same suffering I was in when I started...

Have I maybe not understood well what was preached to me or what???

I dont understand anymore, and it seems every other christians I see will tell me the same thing, have faith brother it will be alright, keep on praying but if its supposed to be alright it should already be alright......

I promised myself that I ll never go back to church, but it seems when I cant do it on my own I come back to think that is because God doesnt want me to succeed and that if he decided to bless me I could be alright in a minute.....

If you get on line again please let us know how you are, remember we are praying for you and please don't give up hope! Many people have posted here I hope it made a diffirence to you as I pray it will.:love:

Blessings!

Dear FedupChristain,
take heart brother, we all get it, I've been in the valley for quite some time now, and there is no let up, and home, with family, with so called friends, they don't have to be Christian either.
I have even stooped so low that I'm sure I've been put in the bad books, rather than the book of life.
Thought if I couldn't beat em I'd join em, well know what, God wouldn't let go, praise Him, I thought I too could walk away not go back to church, no God has differant plans.
there I was even in a differant part of the country I live as I'd taken myself off in my car over 30miles away stayed in a B&B overnight and started searching out a 'good' church this morning were I got a message,
straight to my heart.
1Samuel 14v6
And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few.
Well it did for me, though I only be on my own I have this great Big God who is going to help me too, just as he did Jonathan in the scriptures.
Take heart, I know it's easy to say, I'm there too, but really all He does ask us to do is hold tight, let Him move, be available.
Take courage Christian, come back, talk more, let us all cry on each others shoulders, Jesus does understand, he hears us, He crys with us.
come back.

Ann

Maureen
Thought if I couldn't beat em I'd join em, well know what, God wouldn't let go, praise Him, I thought I too could walk away not go back to church, no God has differant plans.
there I was even in a differant part of the country I live as I'd taken myself off in my car over 30miles away stayed in a B&B overnight and started searching out a 'good' church this morning were I got a message,
straight to my heart.

Maureen Hi...
This is very good news I'm so glad that you went to church and got such an inspiring message, and most of all I'm very glad that you did not give up. Great for you I'm very proud of you and I know that God is too.

I've recently read that we can't contol how others act but we surely can control how we react. Just keep close to God and react in love and not anger and frustration. I know it sounds easy but it is actually very hard to do, but you can because God will not put something difficult on your path that you can't handle. Keep faith and remember you are not alone, even if I'm thousands of miles away from you, your in my prayers and thoughts - and the great thing about this is that there is no barrier or distance to great that my prayers can't reach you.

Dear FedupChristain,
take heart brother, we all get it, I've been in the valley for quite some time now, and there is no let up, and home, with family, with so called friends, they don't have to be Christian either.
Take heart, I know it's easy to say, I'm there too, but really all He does ask us to do is hold tight, let Him move, be available.
Take courage Christian, come back, talk more, let us all cry on each others shoulders, Jesus does understand, he hears us, He crys with us.
come back.

Brother we are all praying for you and please don't give up, take these verses from the Bible and take heart, we care very much what happens to you:
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Lots of love to bove of you!

Blessings!

Last edited:
Ann
I'm going to just keep my head down, if the next time does arise with my husband, I trust to God it doesn't, but I'm not going to let his nasty words take effect.
You know I actually saw the devils face beaming out of his one night, now you might think that incredible, but it definatly wasn't his expression, it was contorted, I immediatly thought, there's satan.
I didn't tell him, I just kept it to myself, I should have said 'get thee behind me satan' come to think of it.
I know the grey is lifting, I know it's going to be long, know what has amazed me through all of this though, I had a life long friend, who stopped bothering with me when I got saved, I was no company for her anymore, but since my Uncle died, she has come back into my life, she has been such a great comfort,
her husband is a Christian, a long time, Madge is her name, she has kept in contact with me daily, now isn't that amazing.
We are meeting up tomorrow for tea and a chat.
She even told me to hang onto my faith, imagine, a non Christian, she even said you'd never thought you'd hear me say that now did you?
God has a plan there, I just know it.
She said going around with me would keep her out of the Bingo halls.
I'm of some use anyway.
Thank you, please keep praying and please keep posting.

Fed Up Christian

Wow, what a response to Fed up Christian. Brother, we all have gone through what you are going through. I would ask that you read Psalm 73, what you are saying, David said. He looked at the wicked, saw they were prospering and wondered, Whats the use?? However, if you will continue reading, you will see that he put it all together and realized that not only are we alive on this earth, but eternity is something to look forward to also.

Life has difficulties, but it does not have to be overwhelming. You stated,
"But why after so many fasting, praying, praising that I’ve done for god am I still in the same suffering I was in when I started...”

Brother if you are doing the fasting, praising and praying to move the hand of God in your life, then you are in works. Works or Law puts you under bondage and brings on a curse. See chapter 3 in Galatians.

The prayer and fasting and praise should be done with the knowledge that God has already done something for you and it all is wrapped up in the death, burial and resserection of Christ. If you are trying to serve God by following formulas, Laws and rules, you will be miserable and quite frankly, your prayers will not work. God honors faith. He is not cruel. Its says, in Hebrews 11: 6, without faith it’s impossible to please God. What does that mean??? It means, quit coming to God, presenting works to please him and believe that he is already pleased with you, and that anything you ask in the name of Jesus has been done for you. In other words, without a Ford key, you can not start your F-150 truck. If you use anything but a Ford Key you can not be pleasing to that truck. If you come with Good intentions with a Dodge Key, Chevy Key or anything else, the truck will not start.

This is why so many Christians are struggling. They are coming to God, presenting there good works to him and then saying, you have to bless me and everything must go right because I am doing all the right things. That is Old Testament Law, and that has been done away with.

Solution to all this? Go to God and say, I give up, I am frustrated and I need your Grace and the Holy Spirit to re-teach me everything I ever learned about you. I am tired of all the old clichés, worn out traditions and I want a real vibrant relationship with you. Watch what happens. Then start reading the book of Romans, Hebrews and Galatians. See how a New Testament Christian is supposed to live and I promise, you will never be the same. It’s ok to be fed up. I was 22 years old, took my bible, and threw it away, told God to take a flying leap and quit being a Christian for 10 years. I was so mad, confused fed up with all the stupid religious sayings. I was so fed up with this statement, "Well brother, all things happen for a reason and you never know what Gods going to do." This was told to me at my one month Old son’s funeral. That is a bunch of religious hog wash! Yes we can know what God is going to do. He has given us the Holy Spirit to walk in his wisdom, show us things to come and confound the wisdom of this world.

Brother, you need a fresh start. Stay in the New Testament for the next six months. John 14: 9 tells us that if you have seen Jesus, you have seen the Father. Jesus is the exact image of the unseen God. When you look at Jesus in the Gospels, you will see God in his fullness. Then read Romans through Jude to see how a New Testament Christian is supposed to live. See who you are in Christ and you will be amazed at the changes.

Its ok to get mad, God can handle it. Do not do what I did and quit. It opened the doors to tragedy in my life. Find a church that preaches the Gospel according to II Corth 5:17-21 and majors in the Love of God. You will find it a joy to live this Christian life and changes and living holy will come without a giant struggle.

God bless you,

Trucker

Trucker
May Godbless you richly, you spoke well.
You did me good too, I pray fedup will come back and read your post, it just may the the answer he's looking for, although we all know who the real answer is.
We can't be fedup for 20 odd years,that's impossible, I'm so sorry to learn about your little baby, how hard that must have been, I've lost my dog of 14yrs and I know how hard that is, but a month old baby, I do not want to dwell on it, but my heart does go out to you.
You are well on your way though, you speak like a true disciple brother, guess if we were never in the valley we would never then experience the mountain top.

1Samuel 14v6 has been such an encouragement to me, it keeps running over in my head, as if God Himself is repeating it to me.
Thank you for your words of wisdom, and I for one shall heed your advise and not run away.

were would I run to, who cares more about us than Jesus, look what He did for us, laid down His life, so that we may live, eternity, we can't even begin to imagine how that place will be.

He's been over 2000 years preparing it, who can imagine what awaits us.

I think the answers lie in your relationship with God as opposed to how those in the world behave towards each other, or how certain "preachers/teachers" may try to deceive you.

Is the world unjust? Yes. Are there those out there who are not adequate representations of a true Christian? Sure. We've all been guilty of that some time or another.
But the Lord does allow these things to go on, and allows us to see them.. for what purpose?

I believe it's to test your strength and your mettle, perhaps to get you to focus on Him alone.

Sincerely,

Deborah

Hi fedupchristian!!!vinay the evangelist

HI FEDUPCHRISTIAN,

DON'T BE FED UP , CHEER UP!!!!!

I PRAY THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL FILL YOUR SPIRIT WITH THE WORDS THAT THE HOLY GHOST GIVES YOU TO SPEAK IN TONGUES!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU IN JESUS CHRIST AND IN THE BOSOM OF THE HOLY FATHER!!!

VINAY THE EVANGELIST

Hi Fed Up,
Sorry you feel this way. People can let you down, circumstances go against you but God never changes. I have met other people who feel like you and I don't know the answer, except not to loose faith in God. There is a verse in James which says,
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when ever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith devlopes perseverance, perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and compleat, not lacking in anything." James Chapter 1 v 2-4 NIV