• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Don't you need to be babtized by Holy Spirit and water in order to get into Heaven?

read above

Never just pick out specific parts and not read above 1 Corinthians 1 14-17

<table style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; width: 100%; font-size: 100%; font-family: sans-serif;" border="0"><tbody><tr><td class="t_verse" valign="top">14</td><td class="t_text" style="width: 100%;" valign="top">I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;</td></tr><tr><td class="t_verse" valign="top">15</td><td class="t_text" style="width: 100%;" valign="top">Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.</td></tr><tr><td class="t_verse" valign="top">16</td><td class="t_text" style="width: 100%;" valign="top">And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.</td></tr><tr><td class="t_verse" valign="top">17</td><td class="t_text" style="width: 100%;" valign="top">For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effec

he did baptize always read the verses before you paste what you trying to prove because its a reason why...
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:
I always read the before, and afters for that matter...It still says he wasn't sent to baptize, but preach the gospel.
1Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

The Gospel is the good news of our salvation, if baptism was a requisite to our salvation, it would then be preached.......Of course he baptized .

Those who came to Christ desired to be baptized as a confession of their faith, and Identification with Christ.

If you had to be baptized to be saved as you stated earlier, how then were so many others saved prior to Johns baptism?
Salvation is by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ, a free gift to all who will believe.

Once again the heresy of oneness pentecostalism rears its head.

Oneness advocated do not believe in the tri-unity, co-equal, co-eternal headhead. Oneness do not believe a person can be saved if they are not baptised , or, if they do not speak in tongues. Oneness , though correct in their belief that our God is one, and that Jesus is God... are wrong , even heretical in their modalism and legalisms about baptism and tongues.

sadly..in order for oneness advocates to hold on to these shaky doctrines.. they have to throw out so many verses, or twist/change them.

truthfully, oneness pentecostals.. or as we know them United pentecostal church, are not very teachable because of their elitist views.

T

Let me suggest a book for anyone who is really interested in trudy's doctrines. It's called Oneness Pentecostals & the Trinity, by Gregory A Boyd, a former Oneness pentecostal.

Last edited:
In the Bible it says:
(John 3:3-8)
3 Jesus replied to Nicodemus, "I can guarantee this truth: No one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above."
4 Nicodemus asked him, "How can anyone be born when he's an old man? He can't go back inside his mother a second time to be born, can he?"
5 Jesus answered Nicodemus, "I can guarantee this truth: No one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
6 Flesh and blood give birth to flesh and blood, but the Spirit gives birth to things that are spiritual.

7 Don't be surprised when I tell you that all of you must be born from above.
8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you don't know where the wind comes from or where it's going. That's the way it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

How come some people just say that you only need to accept Christ as your Savior if in the Bible it says you need to be born by water and spirit? I don't get that?

THIS is the key, Jesus was telling Nicodemus he must be born twice,
first by flesh & blood
second by Spirit.

The subject of Baptism in water isn't brooched here at all.

Last edited:
..without being born of water and the Spirit.
Flesh and blood give birth to flesh and blood, but the Spirit gives birth to things that are spiritual.

The subject of Baptism in water isn't broached here at all.

Nicely said rlowe. This is indeed the issue!

Being born of water.. not being baptized with water.

The Spirit gives rebirth in Christ.
Then a persons' convictions from scripture, lead them to be baptized.

Last edited:
Yes the water is spiritual........what water was Jesus talking about when he was talking to the Samaritan woman?
John 4:13-14

He is talking spiritually, not physical water but spiritual water....The Holy Spirit. John 7:38-39

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Last edited: