• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Demonic Attacks

Active
For the discussion of demonic attack, should a Christian be opening themselves up for receiving the spirit thinking that is the Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit is in us since we had first believed in Jesus Christ?

Think of your house with Jesus Christ in your home and yet while you see forces of evil gathering outside your home, you would open the door for receiving Jesus Christ again even though He is already in your home?

Talk about inviting seducing spirts and engaging in doctrines of devils into your home.

Do we invite the Holy Spirit to come in us when we are under attack by demonic spirits? Or do we rest in Jesus Christ being in us as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world for Him to fend off any demonic attack?

For those that defend the supernatural phenomenon of the "Holy Spirit" falling on believers, why is the highlight on the phenomenon or the Holy Spirit rather than the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Why promote something for saved believers to wonder if they have the Holy Spirit and yet this effect or phenomenon is not done by the preaching of the gospel at all as if believing in Him is not enough?
I feel that praying to Christ for protection is best. It is important not to open ourselves to evil attacks and never to confront any entity directly. Focus on our Shepherd, cry out to Him. He will do the fighting or send angels to do it.

Loyal
I am Pentecostal and pray in the power of the Holy Spirit [tongues] daily - having been converted from being previously Roman Catholic.
Oh what a transformation! Oh what a testimony to share!

Anyway getting back to @Christina2000 and this topic -
before I became a Pentecostal Christian I experienced many "spiritual" occurrences which I attributed to deceased spirits and the weird.
I had no understanding of the truth concerning the spiritual realm but operated on a mishmash of popular occultism derived from fiction, movies and living an alternate lifestyle (yes a hippy).
When I became Pentecostal and my eyes were opened and I gained knowledge and truth (I actually started reading my Bible) and the Spirit of God started to protect me from the enemy:
then I began to see the shadow world of dark silhouettes, human figures so black that they stood out against the dark of night.
Their darkness is due to being thrown out from the kingdom of light and so their hatred towards the children of God has no bounds.
They are out to thwart people from believing the gospel of salvation and to gain an inheritance to the kingdom they no longer have access to;
and they seek to destroy those who truly love the righteousness of God (both Pentecostal and others).
Praying in the Holy Spirit [tongues] is the most powerful weapon that we have against their fiery darts. It is spiritual warfare against wickedness.

Mark 4:14 The sower sows the word.
15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes and takes away the word that is sown in them.
16 And these are the ones sown on rocky ground: the ones who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy.
17 And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.
18 And others are the ones sown among thorns. They are those who hear the word,
19 but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.
20 But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”
Sorry friend , i have eperienced and seen way too much to go jumping ship. I will remain a catholic.

There is really nothing anyone can say or do that will convince me otherwise.

But I can say this part to you that in the end that we will come together as one Church both Protestant and Catholic before the return of Jesus we will be one Church

Loyal
I feel that praying to Christ for protection is best. It is important not to open ourselves to evil attacks and never to confront any entity directly. Focus on our Shepherd, cry out to Him. He will do the fighting or send angels to do it.
There are some people who are called by God to confront the darkness. How else can you explain preachers and Priests that remove demons from people.

Even in the scripture Jesus sent his disciples out not only to heal people but to cast demons out as well

Loyal
For the discussion of demonic attack, should a Christian be opening themselves up for receiving the spirit thinking that is the Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit is in us since we had first believed in Jesus Christ?

Think of your house with Jesus Christ in your home and yet while you see forces of evil gathering outside your home, you would open the door for receiving Jesus Christ again even though He is already in your home?

Talk about inviting seducing spirts and engaging in doctrines of devils into your home.

Do we invite the Holy Spirit to come in us when we are under attack by demonic spirits? Or do we rest in Jesus Christ being in us as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world for Him to fend off any demonic attack?

For those that defend the supernatural phenomenon of the "Holy Spirit" falling on believers, why is the highlight on the phenomenon or the Holy Spirit rather than the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Why promote something for saved believers to wonder if they have the Holy Spirit and yet this effect or phenomenon is not done by the preaching of the gospel at all as if believing in Him is not enough?
The Apostle Judas who had received Jesus as his Lord and savior still betrayed Jesus and Peter who also received Jesus as Lord and savior still allowed the devil to speak through him where Jesus said get behind me Satan.

And Peter who also had received Jesus as Lord and savior still lied to the people after Jesus was taken.

Now if the apostles who were with Jesus and saw everything up front and personal could be deceived and could have the devil speak through them and could still lie then how bad could it be for a person like yourself who never saw Jesus face to face never heard his words from his own lips

Active
Your gobbledegook just goes on and on ...

Acts 19:13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.”
14 Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this.
15 But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?”
16 And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
17 And this became known to all the residents of Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks. And fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was extolled.
By your own testimony, fear will fall on saved believers doubting their salvation because they do not have what you have; the experience of feeling the Holy Spirit falling on you, bringing that tongue for private use.

What do you say to a professing believer that comes up to you asking how to get what you have?

Do you preach the Lord Jesus Christ Whom they already know or... are you going to say something else in order for them to experience and receive what you have without coming off as preaching another gospel?

Loyal
By your own testimony, fear will fall on saved believers doubting their salvation because they do not have what you have; the experience of feeling the Holy Spirit falling on you, bringing that tongue for private use.

What do you say to a professing believer that comes up to you asking how to get what you have?

Do you preach the Lord Jesus Christ Whom they already know or... are you going to say something else in order for them to experience and receive what you have without coming off as preaching another gospel?
One merely quotes scripture.

Loyal
What happens to those professing believers not getting what you have in spite of you quoting scriptures to them? What scripture do you quote then?
In the Old Testament not everyone had the gifts that Elijah had or Moses or any of the other prophets and in the New Testament not everyone has the gifts of Paul or Peter or many of the other well-known apostles in the Lord does this mean that anyone is less than the other absolutely not.

I think the greatest gift next to love is faith and when I see the old ladies praying and that's all they do is pray you have to understand that they do it without ever seeing the Lord without ever hearing the Lord without ever experiencing the Lord other than love.

To me their faith is so genuine and so above mine that is ridiculous.

I experience angels and hearing the Lord and all sorts of things but for me the person that doesn't experience any of these things and yet believes is greater than I will ever be

Loyal
What happens to those professing believers not getting what you have in spite of you quoting scriptures to them? What scripture do you quote then?
You have to remember too that the devil can quote the scripture left and right and he knows Jesus well but the one thing that the devil doesn't have is love because he rejected God and God is love so even though a person can sit there and quote scripture all day long if they don't love God then they miss the whole boat in the first place

Loyal

When I first began my spirit walk as I call it, with the Lord. The Lord would often call me to cast out demons from people and I did. But I always wondered how it was that Jesus could cast out demons so readily knowing that Jesus called us to be like him and to walk in his footsteps I knew that there was something unique and what that uniqueness was was the fact that God loves and God is love. The other thing I found is that whenever Jesus encountered demons he literally seemed to have mercy on the demons even though he was still casting them out. As an example instead of casting the demons to hell he would send in send them into a herd of pigs and if you know anything about demons that's pretty much pointless cuz as soon as the pigs are all dead they just go out in the air anyways and find somebody else to go into. However it always seemed to me that Jesus was showing Mercy to the demons and I thought to myself you know what if Jesus can show Mercy to the demons so can I and so would I began to do the next time the Lord told me to cast demons out I showed love to the demons and they came out boom they were gone all right but it did something completely different because instead of you know being violent with violence so to speak in the sense of casting out demons it did something completely different I felt it from the darkness as it went I felt them feel remorse for what they had done

Active
In the Old Testament not everyone had the gifts that Elijah had or Moses or any of the other prophets and in the New Testament not everyone has the gifts of Paul or Peter or many of the other well-known apostles in the Lord does this mean that anyone is less than the other absolutely not.

I think the greatest gift next to love is faith and when I see the old ladies praying and that's all they do is pray you have to understand that they do it without ever seeing the Lord without ever hearing the Lord without ever experiencing the Lord other than love.

To me their faith is so genuine and so above mine that is ridiculous.

I experience angels and hearing the Lord and all sorts of things but for me the person that doesn't experience any of these things and yet believes is greater than I will ever be
Thank you for sharing but I disagree.

When @Waggles & @Curtis & @Bob Carabbio testify of feeling the Holy Spirit fall on him and got tongues and one of the supposed claims for tongues is the Holy Spirit praying for him, how does that not make the non tongue speaker Christian feel less in the body of Christ when the Holy Spirit is not praying for them, and indeed, wonder if they are in the body of Christ at all since they had not that experience of feeling the Holy Spirit falling on them?

Hank Hanegraaff in his book Counterfeit Revival, testified to those seeking that falling of the Holy Spirit by that sign of tongues to have, and no matter how much or how long, when nothing happened, they believed they were of the devil & went into the occult.

Then you have @Christ4Ever testify to being at the altar in a Baptist church to pray for his salvation when he felt the Holy Spirit fall on him BUT without tongues.

A former neighbor across the street testified that she was reading her Bible one day at the kitchen table when she felt the Holy Spirit come over her and giving her tongues and then proceeded to tell me that was when she was saved because she got the Holy Ghost & tongues all at once.

I had asked her what she was reading that led her to believe in Jesus Christ. At first she did not know what I had meant but then went on to tell her story that she went to the pastor and inquired what had happened because she was a believer for most of her life. The pastor pointed to someplace in the Book of Acts, but did not conveyed to me what chapter. I assumed it was Acts chapter 2 as they were in the upper room doing every day stuff for why she went on to tell me of others' testimonies of doing other things that she rolled her eyes at but did not care to share what she had heard that was incredulous.

Needless to say she was not seeking that phenomenon nor that tongue, and yet she had been hanging around a church that experienced those kind of things.

Even though she told me that she does not believe that if one does not speak in tongues, they do not have the Holy Spirit, and therefore you are not saved, she would have a hard time preventing anyone from using her changed testimony to support that false teaching.

Does any testify to believing the Holy Spirit is not ministering any more because they stopped praying in tongues? Does any testify that because the Holy Spirit is not falling on them any more that God has abandoned them? Usually, these wayward believers will not be so vocal in that regards when that fear of never experiencing that again can lead to thoughts of self condemnation.

I see this phenomenon as a thief and contrary to the truth we have in Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; <---- he can't be the Comforter if He does not abide in us forever.
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. <--- different from how the world sees by receiving spirits

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

We are to beware those who preach another Jesus or another Holy Spirit to receive again, thus preaching another gospel because not every saved believer will test the spirits because they want that phenomenon to be of God.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: <-- "is come" means presently, not in the past and so the same as saying 2 Corinthians 13:5 above.
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. <--same as 2 Corinthians 11:3-4
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. <--- this is the discerning line in testing the spirits knowing He is in you as opposed to the one coming over you

Changed Bible versions have obscured the message as kept in the KJV about how to test the spirits as verses 2 has been altered to believe this is about a heresy which doubts Jesus had ever come in the flesh in the past. Not so.

But as it is, many believers today do not test the spirits nor see how that phenomenon is leading them in their testimony to sow doubts in other believers about others having the Holy Spirit and if they are saved at all.

So I am not sure how you can maintain this statement below after all that.

in the New Testament not everyone has the gifts of Paul or Peter or many of the other well-known apostles in the Lord does this mean that anyone is less than the other absolutely not.

When it sows doubts to having the Holy Spirit at all thus stealing the joy of their salvation by their faith in Jesus Christ thus wanting the Holy Spirit to fall on them for a sign or proof or assurance of salvation, it does make one feel way less.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Indeed, for those that felt the Holy Spirit fall on them bringing tongues for private use so the Holy Spirit supposedly is praying for them, how can you not ask why the Holy Spirit in you is not praying for you being void of that tongue?

And yet not every one speaks in tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.... <---- that means all the gifts of the Spirit is to profit the body of Christ and not for individual use

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. <----- proves that tongues are not for private use as they would claim no interpretation is needed,

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. <--- tongues for private use divides the body of Christ

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? <---- why ask this question if the Holy Spirit is supposed to pray in tongues or self edify or other supposed benefits for private use?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. <---- leads into the love chapter to wit tongues without interpretation is love unshown in the body of Christ

Tongues for private use cannot be of Him at all nor the phenomenon of feeling the Holy Spirit fall on believers, be it at salvation or as another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues which is for private use.

The point is the gospel is about Jesus Christ, but so far, believers are being misled into preaching the gospel of Pentecost whether they meant to or not. And some will testify to feeling the Holy Spirit fall on them or feel the presence around him in making him emotional BEFORE believing in Jesus Christ. I will have to say that such persons to do not see themselves as preaching Pentecost as opposed to the preaching of the cross. Usually such conversions will always center on the glory of the falling of the Holy Spirit on that believer rather than Jesus Christ & Him crucified thus Jesus Christ is in the limelight while the epic phenomenon of Pentecost is in the spotlight.

Active
You have to remember too that the devil can quote the scripture left and right and he knows Jesus well but the one thing that the devil doesn't have is love because he rejected God and God is love so even though a person can sit there and quote scripture all day long if they don't love God then they miss the whole boat in the first place
What do you believe antichrist means: "against Christ" or as the scripture applies as "instead of Christ" which is really meaning "instead of the Son". How do you believe antichrist to mean?

Since the spirits of the antichrist would take your eyes off of the Son to chasing after them for their visitations for signs and lying wonders, then the real indwelling Holy Spirit would always keep your eyes on the Son, especially in worship, prayer, & fellowship

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber....
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: ..........

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Loyal

When @Waggles & @Curtis & @Bob Carabbio testify of feeling the Holy Spirit fall on him and got tongues and one of the supposed claims for tongues is the Holy Spirit praying for him, how does that not make the non tongue speaker Christian feel less in the body of Christ when the Holy Spirit is not praying for them, and indeed, wonder if they are in the body of Christ at all since they had not that experience of feeling the Holy Spirit falling on them?

Hank Hanegraaff in his book Counterfeit Revival, testified to those seeking that falling of the Holy Spirit by that sign of tongues to have, and no matter how much or how long, when nothing happened, they believed they were of the devil & went into the occult.

Then you have @Christ4Ever testify to being at the altar in a Baptist church to pray for his salvation when he felt the Holy Spirit fall on him BUT without tongues.

A former neighbor across the street testified that she was reading her Bible one day at the kitchen table when she felt the Holy Spirit come over her and giving her tongues and then proceeded to tell me that was when she was saved because she got the Holy Ghost & tongues all at once.

I had asked her what she was reading that led her to believe in Jesus Christ. At first she did not know what I had meant but then went on to tell her story that she went to the pastor and inquired what had happened because she was a believer for most of her life. The pastor pointed to someplace in the Book of Acts, but did not conveyed to me what chapter. I assumed it was Acts chapter 2 as they were in the upper room doing every day stuff for why she went on to tell me of others' testimonies of doing other things that she rolled her eyes at but did not care to share what she had heard that was incredulous.

Needless to say she was not seeking that phenomenon nor that tongue, and yet she had been hanging around a church that experienced those kind of things.

Even though she told me that she does not believe that if one does not speak in tongues, they do not have the Holy Spirit, and therefore you are not saved, she would have a hard time preventing anyone from using her changed testimony to support that false teaching.

Does any testify to believing the Holy Spirit is not ministering any more because they stopped praying in tongues? Does any testify that because the Holy Spirit is not falling on them any more that God has abandoned them? Usually, these wayward believers will not be so vocal in that regards when that fear of never experiencing that again can lead to thoughts of self condemnation.

I see this phenomenon as a thief and contrary to the truth we have in Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; <---- he can't be the Comforter if He does not abide in us forever.
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. <--- different from how the world sees by receiving spirits

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

We are to beware those who preach another Jesus or another Holy Spirit to receive again, thus preaching another gospel because not every saved believer will test the spirits because they want that phenomenon to be of God.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: <-- "is come" means presently, not in the past and so the same as saying 2 Corinthians 13:5 above.
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. <--same as 2 Corinthians 11:3-4
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. <--- this is the discerning line in testing the spirits knowing He is in you as opposed to the one coming over you

Changed Bible versions have obscured the message as kept in the KJV about how to test the spirits as verses 2 has been altered to believe this is about a heresy which doubts Jesus had ever come in the flesh in the past. Not so.

But as it is, many believers today do not test the spirits nor see how that phenomenon is leading them in their testimony to sow doubts in other believers about others having the Holy Spirit and if they are saved at all.

When it sows doubts to having the Holy Spirit at all thus stealing the joy of their salvation by their faith in Jesus Christ thus wanting the Holy Spirit to fall on them for a sign or proof or assurance of salvation, it does make one feel way less.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....

Indeed, for those that felt the Holy Spirit fall on them bringing tongues for private use so the Holy Spirit supposedly is praying for them, how can you not ask why the Holy Spirit in you is not praying for you being void of that tongue?

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.... <---- that means all the gifts of the Spirit is to profit the body of Christ and not for individual use

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. <----- proves that tongues are not for private use as they would claim no interpretation is needed,

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. <--- tongues for private use divides the body of Christ

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? <---- why ask this question if the Holy Spirit is supposed to pray in tongues or self edify or other supposed benefits for private use?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. <---- leads into the love chapter to wit tongues without interpretation is love unshown in the body of Christ

Tongues for private use cannot be of Him at all nor the phenomenon of feeling the Holy Spirit fall on believers, be it at salvation or as another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues which is for private use.

The point is the gospel is about Jesus Christ, but so far, believers are being misled into preaching the gospel of Pentecost whether they meant to or not. And some will testify to feeling the Holy Spirit fall on them or feel the presence around him in making him emotional BEFORE believing in Jesus Christ. I will have to say that such persons to do not see themselves as preaching Pentecost as opposed to the preaching of the cross. Usually such conversions will always center on the glory of the falling of the Holy Spirit on that believer rather than Jesus Christ & Him crucified thus Jesus Christ is in the limelight while the epic phenomenon of Pentecost is in the spotlight.
I think you misunderstood my point .

Prayer itself is a Gift of the Holy Spirit.

If i could explain it this way there are some gifts that are what I would call quiet gifts and others that are more flamboyant. Maybe flamboyant isn't quite the right word but people who are able to do healings and others that speak in tongues and others that are more external gifts versus internal gifts. I would say that the gifts probably meet the type of person that you are like an introvert or an extrovert.

But I feel that those who have gifts like prayer and don't see results you know God doesn't always guarantee results to everything but a person like that to me it has a greater Faith because they don't see and they don't hear and they don't experience things like I do

One could say they don't have any proof outside of their faith

Or as I've had so many experiences I can't deny any of it

Loyal
What do you believe antichrist means: "against Christ" or as the scripture applies as "instead of Christ" which is really meaning "instead of the Son". How do you believe antichrist to mean?

Since the spirits of the antichrist would take your eyes off of the Son to chasing after them for their visitations for signs and lying wonders, then the real indwelling Holy Spirit would always keep your eyes on the Son, especially in worship, prayer, & fellowship

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber....
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: ..........

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
I read what you wrote but I don't see what your point is In this passage

Active
When I first began my spirit walk as I call it, with the Lord. The Lord would often call me to cast out demons from people and I did. But I always wondered how it was that Jesus could cast out demons so readily knowing that Jesus called us to be like him and to walk in his footsteps I knew that there was something unique and what that uniqueness was was the fact that God loves and God is love. The other thing I found is that whenever Jesus encountered demons he literally seemed to have mercy on the demons even though he was still casting them out. As an example instead of casting the demons to hell he would send in send them into a herd of pigs and if you know anything about demons that's pretty much pointless cuz as soon as the pigs are all dead they just go out in the air anyways and find somebody else to go into. However it always seemed to me that Jesus was showing Mercy to the demons and I thought to myself you know what if Jesus can show Mercy to the demons so can I and so would I began to do the next time the Lord told me to cast demons out I showed love to the demons and they came out boom they were gone all right but it did something completely different because instead of you know being violent with violence so to speak in the sense of casting out demons it did something completely different I felt it from the darkness as it went I felt them feel remorse for what they had done
The Lord did the same with His disciples;

Matthew 10:1And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

But there was a time when His disciples could not do it.

Mark 9:17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.
28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

I see Jesus meaning that His disciples are not really casting the devils out as this is done by prayer, submitting the task to God, and fasting as denying yourself as having any part in it. That way, genuine thanksgiving goes to the Father in Jesus's name.

Luke 17:
7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

So I thank the Father in Jesus's name for sending you for when He was casting out devils.

If you ever come across trouble in doing what He had asked you to do, may He remind you to submit the task to God and deny any part of that deliverance when you give the Father thanks in Jesus's name afterwards.

Loyal

My faith walk in the beginning I felt the spirit quite a bit but that was a long time ago we're talking 40 years plus. Nowadays I recognize the movement of the spirit in me but I don't get the feeling of the falling on the spirit anymore because I'm beyond that I don't need to have that feeling to recognize the spirit moving.

As far as tongues go I'm glad that some people have it but it's not necessary in showing whether or not a person has the gifts of the Spirit. Personally I've stayed away from tongues or trying to use them as there's a passage in Scripture that Paul talks about that you have to have somebody to interpret the tongues unless you're using it on your own in a private place. And he also warns of using the gift of tongues without an interpreter so I just stay away from it all together.

But there is something that you're missing and I think a lot of people Miss even if they do have the gifts of the Spirit and it it develops over time but what it is is that anyone who has the gifts of the Spirit but especially discernment can tell whether or not another person has the gifts of the Spirit or not.

No I want to point out one little thing because there's a lot of confusion in this little detail there's a lot of people that feel that you receive the gifts of the Spirit when you are baptized into the kingdom of God with the water baptism and that's not true.

The water baptism brings you into the body of Christ but the baptism of the holy spirit is for the mature Soul so to speak and I say it kind of tongue and cheek there because John the Baptist who received the baptism of the Holy Spirit was still a baby in the womb.

But for the majority of Christians the water baptism is a baptism of the spirit but it is a baptism of the drawing of you to God and bringing faith into your life.

However the baptism of the Holy Spirit is an anointing type of baptism that gives you authority to go out and preach to the multitude of people and it gives you power with that Authority as well.

We can see this with the apostles who after through Peter revealed that Jesus was the Messiah and the apostles believed that and even though Jesus died on the cross and the apostles were scattered and they finally came to their senses and came back together they were still not baptized with the Holy Spirit but they knew that Jesus was the son of God.

Even after the resurrection of Jesus and Jesus showing himself to the 12 they did not have the gift of the Holy Spirit at that time but they knew that Jesus was God there was no doubt in their mind that Jesus was God then they received the gift of the Holy Spirit afterwards and that empowered them to go out and preach to the world.

So the notion of being filled with the gifts of the Spirit at the moment of water baptism is a no but there are people who do receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit upon the water baptism or within that range I've seen it myself where I the Lord I was at a baptism where a guy received the water baptism and immediately afterwards the Lord told me to lay hands on him and give him the baptism of the Holy Spirit which I did

Active
I think you misunderstood my point .

Prayer itself is a Gift of the Holy Spirit.
John 16:13 testifies that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself but speaks what He hears in all Bible versions.

Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV maintains that truth that while the Holy Spirit makes indirect intercessions for us, He cannot even utter His groanings out loud for why the "he" in verse 27 that searches our hearts Hebrews 4:12-16 is the same "he" that knows the mind of the Spirit to give the Spirit's unuttered intercessions to the Father for the Spirit because there is only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus at that throne of grace. That is how the Father knows everything before we ask in prayer in Matthew 6:7-8 thus tongues for private use is unnecessary as well as not of Him at all.

And we are called to pray normally so we know what we had prayed for to give the father thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers.
If i could explain it this way there are some gifts that are what I would call quiet gifts and others that are more flamboyant. Maybe flamboyant isn't quite the right word but people who are able to do healings and others that speak in tongues and others that are more external gifts versus internal gifts. I would say that the gifts probably meet the type of person that you are like an introvert or an extrovert.

But I feel that those who have gifts like prayer and don't see results you know God doesn't always guarantee results to everything but a person like that to me it has a greater Faith because they don't see and they don't hear and they don't experience things like I do

One could say they don't have any proof outside of their faith

Or as I've had so many experiences I can't deny any of it
There are pagan supernatural tongues in the world that is just gibberish nonsense and has been in practiced in Rome in their idolatries like the false goddess Dinah and it can be found in the occult too as the KJV Bible says.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? KJV

This is the other test of the spirits that the apostle John was giving in verse 5 & 6 after knowing He is in us as opposed to the spirit being felt coming over us or visiting the place with signs and lying wonders.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Paul gave the bottom line on what God's gift of tongues are for as it is of other men's lips t speak unto the people as written in the law hence scripture as prophesied.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

The fact that they hype this tongue for private use as gained by another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues or by that sign of tongues should expose it as another calling thus another gospel thus not of Him at all.

Active

First, I never "FELT THE HOLY SPIRIT FALL ON ME". All I was aware of Several weeks later, was that there were "Words" in my mind, and when I spoke them, more came, simple as that. Same as "Interpretation of Tongues" - the words (in the common tongue) simply come into your mind, and you speak them. There's no particular "Experience" connected with any of it. And the Bible states that "the spirit makes intercession" and no "spoken language is even involved (Rom 8:26).

If a Cessationist, chooses NOT to have anything to do with the ministerial gifts that God HAS MADE AVAILABLE to the Church, then WHY SHOULD THEY NOT "FEEL LESS" for refusing what God has provided for them???
And since the CONTEXT is that of public ministry, and even though I've spoken in tongues for decades, I've Never been burdened to speak in tongues in a church meeting (only to Interpret Tongues), therefore I would be one who (in context) doesn't speak in tongues.
And yet, Cor 14:4 indicates that speaking in "Tongues" is edifying to the individual, and also states that PROPHESY (which is essentially the same gift but in the common tongue) edifies the church. So why do YOU FEEL that edifying one's self IS A BAD THING???
Tongues for private use cannot be of Him
Then argue with 1 Cor 14:4
The point is the gospel is about Jesus Christ, but so far, believers are being misled into preaching the gospel of Pentecost whether they meant to or not.
Chuckle!! Since when is "Pentecost" a "Gospel"???

NO MAJOR PENTECOSTAL DENOMINATION connects "the baptism in the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:4) with being "Born Again", and becoming a Christian. There are some minor lunatic fringe groups (like the UPCI) that do, but the VAST MAJORITY of denominational "Pentecostalism" does not, and NEVER HAS.

The "GOSPEL" = The Holy Spirit INDWELLING the Christian, and cleansing them of their SINby FAITH (Eph 2:8,9).

The Acts 2:4 phenomenon, was called "The Enduement" (EXTERNAL CLOTHING) of POWER" by Jesus, when he told 'em to hang around Jerusalem until they "Got it". The EFFECT WAS that a SERIOUS number of People were added to the Church, after one Anointed Sermon by Peter.

In Acts 2, "tongues' were the "attention getters", but the "Heavy Lifting" happened when Peter spoke the common language in the power of the Holy Spirit, which "Pricked" the crowd in their hearts (Convicted them of SIN).

Loyal
John 16:13 testifies that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself but speaks what He hears in all Bible versions.

Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV maintains that truth that while the Holy Spirit makes indirect intercessions for us, He cannot even utter His groanings out loud for why the "he" in verse 27 that searches our hearts Hebrews 4:12-16 is the same "he" that knows the mind of the Spirit to give the Spirit's unuttered intercessions to the Father for the Spirit because there is only One Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus at that throne of grace. That is how the Father knows everything before we ask in prayer in Matthew 6:7-8 thus tongues for private use is unnecessary as well as not of Him at all.

And we are called to pray normally so we know what we had prayed for to give the father thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers.

There are pagan supernatural tongues in the world that is just gibberish nonsense and has been in practiced in Rome in their idolatries like the false goddess Dinah and it can be found in the occult too as the KJV Bible says.

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? KJV

This is the other test of the spirits that the apostle John was giving in verse 5 & 6 after knowing He is in us as opposed to the spirit being felt coming over us or visiting the place with signs and lying wonders.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Paul gave the bottom line on what God's gift of tongues are for as it is of other men's lips t speak unto the people as written in the law hence scripture as prophesied.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

The fact that they hype this tongue for private use as gained by another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues or by that sign of tongues should expose it as another calling thus another gospel thus not of Him at all.
Hey brother I'm not going to keep going on with this it's kind of pointless we just don't believe in anything so walk your way I'll walk mine have a good day

@Christina2000

This sounds like the shadow people that have been talked about on the internet for so long. I think they are also called shades and are something about the dead. It doesn't even matter that they are spirits because there are people alive who want to act just as bad as these spirits while they are alive.

The only way to get rid of them is the long fight in the name of Jesus Christ. Don't give into fornication. Keep getting out of bed and praying for the demon Revelation 3:2. Eventually you'll win if you stay with the Lord.

Don't be like the pagan witches and cause more trouble for yourself. They are likely to try all sorts of fancy tricks to help. In the end they will cause all the demons to come back on them though, because they deny Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ warned us that by getting rid of one demon, we can bring 7 more upon ourselves. That's why its such a long grueling process to get rid of them completely. Matthew 12:43-45

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.(L) That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”