• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Demonic Attacks

Loyal
Back in the 1970s while I was a teenager, I awoke one night to find myself paralyzed, terrified, and unable to think. My bedroom, which should've been dark, was lit up by something that was standing by the foot of my bed. I can only describe it as shaped like a small, stubby Christmas tree, and it looked like it had numerous candles around it. It was these lights that lit up my room.
I sensed that there was something inside of it. I struggled to think, but to no avail. Then the name Jesus dropped into my head and it was like a switch was flicked and the whole experience ended. I was left lying in my bed, in the dark. I lay there for a few minutes, and then rolled over and went to sleep.
I later had someone suggest that I'd dreamt the whole thing, but I know that I was wide awake at the time.
It was real

The darkness likes to manifest itself in ways that can affect your senses and emotions.

Something that needs to be noted: demons are always subject to the name of Jesus.

So in these types of attacks , thier focus is to instill fear into you. Where the only fear you should have is the ' Fear ' or the Great Respect of God the Father.

You can repulse these attacks easily enough by sharing with the darkness your Love to God.

Loyal
Indeed we must keep in mind that evil spirits cannot directly harm us. They are good at spreading fear and confusion.
Calling on Jesus's name and blood makes them flee.
I can not agree with that.

Unless you are looking at it as, the darkness can only harm us as far as God allows.

Please refer to the Book of Job.

Active
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

There can be attacks and as we see all over the world.

There can be things afflicted.

They do occur but can be helped, reduced and prevented through wearing the armour of God, prayer and closely walking with God.
There can also be a complete deliverance from them, through God. Please see the Psalms. Psalms 91

Only some of the more direct attacks can be demonic tactics. Such as using fear or any emotion as a weapon, that effects an illusion on the mind . That in itself can cause people to stumble. We are guided to not give any food to the enemy.

Resist the devil and he will flee. Submit yourselves to God.James 4:7
As Jesus said:
“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”Luke 10:19

Active
I do not know if you are of this Pentecostal/Charismatic mindset or not, but their error is believing they can receive the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation after signs,
Ignorance of Pentecostal/Charismatic beliefs/teaching on display here. We DON'T believe that we're "receiving the Holy Spirit Again".

What we DO believe is Jesus' use of the word "Endued", which essentially means "Clothed with" it's an EXTERNAL empowerment, completely unrelated to the INFILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT which is what makes a person a Born Again Christian.

It happened selectively in the OLD Testament, where people were empowered by the Holy Spirit to do Supernatural things (like David's sling shot) - and weren't "Saved Christians" in the NEW Testament sense.

When I was "Baptized in the Holy Spirit" (to use common Pentecostal vernacular), one effect was that I DID "speak in tongues" i.e. speak utterances which were sourced to me by the Holy Spirit, and which I had no intellectual contribution to. But the more significant effect was that I was immediately placed in a Bible Teaching role within the church, and performed that role for many years, which would have been impossible for me to do, before.

Active
Ignorance of Pentecostal/Charismatic beliefs/teaching on display here. We DON'T believe that we're "receiving the Holy Spirit Again".
Some call it as receiving "another" baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues or by that sign of tongues. There is a book out about three baptism with the Holy Ghost and the pastor sharing that with me expounded on it by saying he personally believes there are five baptisms with the Holy Ghost.

So I pretty much see that as saying the same thing as receiving the Holy Spirit again.
What we DO believe is Jesus' use of the word "Endued", which essentially means "Clothed with" it's an EXTERNAL empowerment, completely unrelated to the INFILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT which is what makes a person a Born Again Christian.

It happened selectively in the OLD Testament, where people were empowered by the Holy Spirit to do Supernatural things (like David's sling shot) - and weren't "Saved Christians" in the NEW Testament sense.

When I was "Baptized in the Holy Spirit" (to use common Pentecostal vernacular), one effect was that I DID "speak in tongues" i.e. speak utterances which were sourced to me by the Holy Spirit, and which I had no intellectual contribution to. But the more significant effect was that I was immediately placed in a Bible Teaching role within the church, and performed that role for many years, which would have been impossible for me to do, before.
You can call the phenomenal event different as others have in trying to explain it away, but it doesn't wash. From a continual filling of the Spirit to a sanctification of the Spirit to slain in the spirit or holy laughter movement, all of these testify to receiving what they believe is the Holy Spirit again.

And yet the real indwelling Holy Spirit along with scripture, would keep our eyes on the Son in coming to God the Father by and by honoring only the Son in worship to the glorify God the Father by as led by the Holy Spirit in us to do.

What does the spirits of the antichrist does but "instead of Christ" as in "instead of the Son".

So do not believe every spirit but test them. What does the phenomenon lead you to do? Take your eyes off of Christ momentarily while focusing on the spirit? Do you promote the phenomenon & the glory of it for other believers to seek it?

Then ask yourself what would the spirit of the antichrist would lead you to do? The spirits of the antichrist would not lead believers to testify of the Son in seeking the glory of the Son, but to testify of the movement of the spirit in seeking the glory of that movement of the spirit.

The Good News is about Jesus Christ. The Good News is not about Pentecost. The Good News is not about the falling of the Holy Spirit. The Good News is not about a supernatural phenomenon. The Good News is about Jesus Christ.

So decide this day Whom you will serve; the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name.

And I have to say that even though He urged me to make a decision that day, I was led to ask Him for help to do that because a week later, I was confronted with the holy laughter movement in my Aunt's church while on vacation with my folks to visit my aunt & cousins in Missouri and He kept me from falling supernaturally in it as well from being swooned by the supernatural in serving that movement in seeking that glory of that movement. I did not connect his waning the week prior to that event until later on but I did felt a hand pushed me from behind 3 times and looking back each time to see no one was there that did it. So I went forward, not knowing what was going on, thinking an angel pushed me to go forward, but no. That was the spirit of the antichrist which was in the world that had pushed me forward like that, and so it goes to show how much I needed the Lord's help not to be felled by those spirits and gave me scripture to know the role of the indwelling Holy Ghost to testify of the Son thru us ( John 15:26-27 ) to glorify the Son ( John 16:14 ) for why He would never take the spotlight off of the Son in worship but the visiting spirits of the antichrist would.

Loyal
I do not know if you are of this Pentecostal/Charismatic mindset or not, but their error is believing they can receive the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation after signs, even the signs of tongues which comes with no interpretation and thus assumed for private use when it is not of Him at all, and they even continue to seek to receive Him again & again after other sensational signs in the flesh when in actuality, they are opening themselves up like mediums do in receiving spirits
Can you please stop publishing doctrinal rubbish here on TalkJesus.

Loyal
I would like advice please and to be recommended prayer and readings in the Bible, in order to protect myself. I need to reflect and change my ways as I realise I have allowed the past couple of years to distract and dishearten me away from my church, from people and from God. Fear has ruled instead of love.
Also - has anyone had this kind of experience of a demonic attack? Please share it here. I know mine was real. It was not a nightmare. That creature was from hell and only the name of Jesus chased it away.
Mark 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Pentecostal Christians have the full power and protection of the indwelling Holy Spirit of God and I have used the name of Jesus more than once to rebuke demons.
You are correct in recognizing the shadow figure as a demon as they have no light whatsoever in them.
"Get thee from me satan in the name of Jesus my God" is a powerful command.
Pray for God your Father and Jesus your Saviour to protect you from evil.

Just a note of concern - for such a demon to come so visibly into your bed, have you given in to temptations and sin for the enemy to seek to "seduce" you to lose your way?
It is important to recognize the wiles of satan in getting us to walk in the flesh rather than in the Spirit. [walking in the Spirit is about overcoming the flesh and our sinful desires/actions]
Or you are are moving closer to seeking the truth of the gospel of salvation and the enemy desires to prevent you from achieving this.

Active
It is clear to me that you have opened a door to the demonic and are in need of repentance. Your support of the lethal pseudo vaccines is an example of this.

Active
Can you please stop publishing doctrinal rubbish here on TalkJesus.
The problem here is you cannot test for the spirits of the antichrist when you blur the line of discernment between the real indwelling holy Ghost that was received by faith in Jesus Christ when you had first believed at the calling of the gospel against the visitation of the spirits of the antichrist bringing signs and lying wonder, including tongues which is not the real God's gift of tongues of other men's lips to speak unto the people but instead claimed for private use thus following a stranger's voice when God is not the author of confusion at all.

So go ahead and share with us one time when you tested the spirits without just believing every spirit that fell on you was of God. If you do not recall one time of doing this, then you are going to fall for every spirit that comes over you.

Active
So I pretty much see that as saying the same thing as receiving the Holy Spirit again.
And you'd continue to be dead wrong.

"Receiving the Holy Spirit" ( John 20:22) is when the Holy Spirit indwells you, and blends with your Spirit, giving you the power to become a child of God.

The "BAPTISM in the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:4) is an EXTERNAL thing - i.e. the Holy Spirit comeu UPON you, and gives you the POWER for ministry, and other things referred to as GIFTS, which are temporary supernatural enablements, partially alluded to in 1 Cor 12.

BUT, since it's not a "Salvific" issue, you can continue to be a "Pentehostile" if you please. You've got plenty of church company.

Active
And you'd continue to be dead wrong.

"Receiving the Holy Spirit" ( John 20:22) is when the Holy Spirit indwells you, and blends with your Spirit, giving you the power to become a child of God.
John 20:22 is not the promise of the permanent indwelling Holy Ghost at our salvation Jesus gave because John 14:25-26 cites this promise was to be given when He was no longer present with them but had gone to the Father John 14:1-3.
The "BAPTISM in the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:4) is an EXTERNAL thing - i.e. the Holy Spirit comeu UPON you, and gives you the POWER for ministry, and other things referred to as GIFTS, which are temporary supernatural enablements, partially alluded to in 1 Cor 12.
John 1:12-13 cites that when we had received Him at our salvation moment was when we had received power.

1 Corinthians 12:13 cites only one drink of the One Spirit by how we were all baptized by into the body of Christ and therefore there is no need for an extra phenomenal event to get any gifts of the Spirit when all we need to do is go before that throne of grace and ask Jesus Christ for them. Philippians 1:11 & John 16:13-15

1 Corinthians 12:7 declares that tongues are not for private use and 1 Corinthians 12:19-21 reproves the notions of all the "supposed" benefits that tongues has for private use as that would be he same as saying I have no need for any other member of the body of Christ to interpret that tongue for me since it is for private use. It is a lie but only God can wake you guys up that God is not partial in the body of Christ. If tongues was necessary for the Holy Spirit to make intercessions for us, then He would have that done for every one, but no. The Father knows everything before we ask in prayer Matthew 6:7-8 and so there is no need for the Holy Spirit to pray out loud. John 16:13 in all Bible versions testify that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself and Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV maintains that truth of John 16:13 that the Holy Spirit cannot even utter His groanings thanks to Jesus Christ that searches our hearts Hebrews 4:12-16 and knows the mind of the Spirit to give the unuttered intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father for how the Father knows everything before we ask anything in normal prayer.

So the idea of feeling the falling of the Holy Spirit on you and/or using tongues for private use DIVIDES the body of Christ as if saying I have something you do not have and yet when we had received Jesus Christ at the very beginning by faith in Jesus Christ, we were complete in Him so all we need to do is move on to perfection by walking in Him rather than walking as if not complete in Him that another drink of the One Spirit is needed. That is why that is apostasy. Wake up.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Do you not see that this phenomenal event of feeling the Holy Spirit falling on believers is continuing on in slain in the spirit and holy laughter movement? When will it stop? Never because it is apostasy. 1 Timothy 4:1
BUT, since it's not a "Salvific" issue, you can continue to be a "Pentehostile" if you please. You've got plenty of church company.
Hardly enough speaking against it to call you to repentance to avoid being left behind for being out to the market for not being ready as Spirit-filled since salvation Matthew 9:17 thus by testifying to that extra filling, you are in iniquity. Matthew 25:1-13

As it is, whether you intended to or not, your testimony and your attempt to justify that supernatural event of the Holy Spirit falling on believers, whether it brings tongues or not, sows doubts in the body of Christ. What does your testimony do but force the consideration that saved believers should seek the Holy Spirit for a sign of tongues so He can pray for them too or at the very least & yet important to them, the Holy Spirit falling on them for an assurance of salvation.

Active
John 20:22 is not the promise of the permanent indwelling Holy Ghost at our salvation Jesus gave because John 14:25-26 cites this promise was to be given when He was no longer present with them but had gone to the Father John 14:1-3.

John 1:12-13 cites that when we had received Him at our salvation moment was when we had received power.

1 Corinthians 12:13 cites only one drink of the One Spirit by how we were all baptized by into the body of Christ and therefore there is no need for an extra phenomenal event to get any gifts of the Spirit when all we need to do is go before that throne of grace and ask Jesus Christ for them. Philippians 1:11 & John 16:13-15

1 Corinthians 12:7 declares that tongues are not for private use and 1 Corinthians 12:19-21 reproves the notions of all the "supposed" benefits that tongues has for private use as that would be he same as saying I have no need for any other member of the body of Christ to interpret that tongue for me since it is for private use. It is a lie but only God can wake you guys up that God is not partial in the body of Christ. If tongues was necessary for the Holy Spirit to make intercessions for us, then He would have that done for every one, but no. The Father knows everything before we ask in prayer Matthew 6:7-8 and so there is no need for the Holy Spirit to pray out loud. John 16:13 in all Bible versions testify that the Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself and Romans 8:26-27 in the KJV maintains that truth of John 16:13 that the Holy Spirit cannot even utter His groanings thanks to Jesus Christ that searches our hearts Hebrews 4:12-16 and knows the mind of the Spirit to give the unuttered intercessions of the Spirit's to the Father for how the Father knows everything before we ask anything in normal prayer.

So the idea of feeling the falling of the Holy Spirit on you and/or using tongues for private use DIVIDES the body of Christ as if saying I have something you do not have and yet when we had received Jesus Christ at the very beginning by faith in Jesus Christ, we were complete in Him so all we need to do is move on to perfection by walking in Him rather than walking as if not complete in Him that another drink of the One Spirit is needed. That is why that is apostasy. Wake up.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Do you not see that this phenomenal event of feeling the Holy Spirit falling on believers is continuing on in slain in the spirit and holy laughter movement? When will it stop? Never because it is apostasy. 1 Timothy 4:1

Hardly enough speaking against it to call you to repentance to avoid being left behind for being out to the market for not being ready as Spirit-filled since salvation Matthew 9:17 thus by testifying to that extra filling, you are in iniquity. Matthew 25:1-13

As it is, whether you intended to or not, your testimony and your attempt to justify that supernatural event of the Holy Spirit falling on believers, whether it brings tongues or not, sows doubts in the body of Christ. What does your testimony do but force the consideration that saved believers should seek the Holy Spirit for a sign of tongues so He can pray for them too or at the very least & yet important to them, the Holy Spirit falling on them for an assurance of salvation.
Yup - all standard Cessationist rhetoric and reasoning. Ignored.

Loyal
And there goes Christina's thread topic on what was important to her to share and discuss.

Loyal

I'm actually very grateful for the Pentecostals because in the Catholic Church the comprehension of the spirit is somewhat Limited I mean as far as the gifts of the Spirit go.

Of course it's not true with everyone but unfortunately the majority of Catholics are ignorant of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

For myself I was experiencing all sorts of gifts of the Spirit things that I can't explain here because the faith level is so low. There would literally be no point in trying to talk about them.

But I just wanted to let you know that I am very fond of and thank the Pentecostal Church.

Loyal
And there goes Christina's thread topic on what was important to her to share and discuss.
It is true that we get off subject often but going back to Christina's thread. She could pursue talking to a Pentecostal Church or some Catholic churches just remember not all churches actually believe in demons either which is kind of crazy if you think about it.

Loyal
But I just wanted to let you know that I am very fond of and thank the Pentecostal Church.
I am Pentecostal and pray in the power of the Holy Spirit [tongues] daily - having been converted from being previously Roman Catholic.
Oh what a transformation! Oh what a testimony to share!

Anyway getting back to @Christina2000 and this topic -
before I became a Pentecostal Christian I experienced many "spiritual" occurrences which I attributed to deceased spirits and the weird.
I had no understanding of the truth concerning the spiritual realm but operated on a mishmash of popular occultism derived from fiction, movies and living an alternate lifestyle (yes a hippy).
When I became Pentecostal and my eyes were opened and I gained knowledge and truth (I actually started reading my Bible) and the Spirit of God started to protect me from the enemy:
then I began to see the shadow world of dark silhouettes, human figures so black that they stood out against the dark of night.
Their darkness is due to being thrown out from the kingdom of light and so their hatred towards the children of God has no bounds.
They are out to thwart people from believing the gospel of salvation and to gain an inheritance to the kingdom they no longer have access to;
and they seek to destroy those who truly love the righteousness of God (both Pentecostal and others).
Praying in the Holy Spirit [tongues] is the most powerful weapon that we have against their fiery darts. It is spiritual warfare against wickedness.

Mark 4:14 The sower sows the word.
15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes and takes away the word that is sown in them.
16 And these are the ones sown on rocky ground: the ones who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy.
17 And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.
18 And others are the ones sown among thorns. They are those who hear the word,
19 but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.
20 But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”

Loyal
1Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,
7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.
10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Loyal
John 8:43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word.
44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.
When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Active
For the discussion of demonic attack, should a Christian be opening themselves up for receiving the spirit thinking that is the Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit is in us since we had first believed in Jesus Christ?

Think of your house with Jesus Christ in your home and yet while you see forces of evil gathering outside your home, you would open the door for receiving Jesus Christ again even though He is already in your home?

Talk about inviting seducing spirts and engaging in doctrines of devils into your home.

Do we invite the Holy Spirit to come in us when we are under attack by demonic spirits? Or do we rest in Jesus Christ being in us as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world for Him to fend off any demonic attack?

For those that defend the supernatural phenomenon of the "Holy Spirit" falling on believers, why is the highlight on the phenomenon or the Holy Spirit rather than the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Why promote something for saved believers to wonder if they have the Holy Spirit and yet this effect or phenomenon is not done by the preaching of the gospel at all as if believing in Him is not enough?

Loyal
Do we invite the Holy Spirit to come in us when we are under attack by demonic spirits? Or do we rest in Jesus Christ being in us as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world for Him to fend off any demonic attack?
For those that defend the supernatural phenomenon of the "Holy Spirit" falling on believers, why is the highlight on the phenomenon or the Holy Spirit rather than the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Your gobbledegook just goes on and on ...

Acts 19:13 Then some of the itinerant Jewish exorcists undertook to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who had evil spirits, saying, “I adjure you by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims.”
14 Seven sons of a Jewish high priest named Sceva were doing this.
15 But the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?”
16 And the man in whom was the evil spirit leaped on them, mastered all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
17 And this became known to all the residents of Ephesus, both Jews and Greeks. And fear fell upon them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was extolled.