Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Christian Movies

Discussion in 'The Library' started by B-A-C, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Add to @B-A-C List

The Great What If.
    That movie will get you thinking about the choices you have made.

Also both WWJD movies.

The Gospel of John

Sent from a mobile device
  2. Really like the Ultimate Gift

3. I haven't seen any of these movies.

I will have to look them up.

Thanks for sharing Jim @Wired 4 Fishen

Wired 4 Fishen likes this.
  4. Actually sooo many people misread revelation that its become like a christian urban legend that Jesus is the lion of Judah. He isnt. He is the Lamb of God.

I get so annoyed when people wrongly claim Jesus is a lion and ESPECIALLY when CS Lewis promoted the idea in his Narnia books.

I really pray people wont continue this lie..Ive had to tell pastors(who should know better!) that they are wrong when they teach this and to really look and read the entire chapter of Revelation and not just pick on that one verse.

5. The great what if is like the family man with Nicholas Cage. Only with Kevin Sorbo as the called preacher who chose wealth and power and John Dezso Ratzenberger who plays the angel sent to straighten out his life.
    It's Soooooooo good.

The first WWJD movie stars John Snider and the second one stars John Dezso Ratzenberger . Also really good.

The list goes on and on.
    Like Faith like potatoes is a true story and has awesome extras with the real Angus Buchan.

The condition for a miracle is difficulty, however the condition for a great miracle is not difficulty, but impossibility.”
    Angus Buchan

Hope you get to see them!!
    Have a great day
    Blessings
    W4F

6. I liked Faith like Potatoes.
    Am hoping to find more christian movies for our church library.
    And maybe even get involved with making them or being in them...?!

Wired 4 Fishen likes this.
  7. So, Dear one, who does this verse refer to?

Revelation 5King James Version (KJV)
    5 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Revelation 5:1-7 (CJB)
    5 Next I saw in the right hand of the One sitting on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals; 2 and I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” 3 But no one in heaven, on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or look inside it. 4 I cried and cried, because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or look inside it. 5 One of the elders said to me, “Don’t cry. Look, the Lion of the tribe of Y’hudah, the Root of David, has won the right to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

6 Then I saw standing there with the throne and the four living beings, in the circle of the elders, a Lamb that appeared to have been slaughtered. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the sevenfold Spirit of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of the One sitting on the throne.

8. The lamb is the worthy one, not the lion is just one of the beasts around the throne that has tried to open the book.

The lamb had been slaughtered but it the only worthy one, not the lion. Jesus was sacrificed by the lion (judah) remember it was the tribe of judah that killed its own..all the Kings before jesus were from the tribe of Judah but Jesus lineage was from both Israel and Judah and only He can claim the throne.

Good try lion, but no cigar. Go Lamb!!

9. 5 One of the elders said to me, “Don’t cry. Look, the Lion of the tribe of Y’hudah, the Root of David, has won the right to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

10. You only quote ONE verse read entire chapter please. Good Lord, open peoples eyes.

I was watching a planet earth documentary and you know what lions do..KILL!
    And eat elephants, and also people! In africa even today they have to live with lions killing people.thry are not benign creatures they are PREDATORS!

11. Either you had too much CS lewis, or Disney has rotted everyones brains portraying lions as cute furrry creatures.

12. Hello Lanolin,

I hope this additional verse and my words help in attaining some perspective of the use of one of the many titles for Jesus.

Judah [is] a lion's whelp; From the prey, my son, you have gone up. He bows down, he lies down as a lion; And as a lion, who shall rouse him? The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor a lawgiver from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes; And to Him [shall be] the obedience of the people. Genesis 49:9-10

But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals." Revelation 5:5

We understand that the lineage of Jesus is David who was of the Tribe of Judah. This is why is is not wrong to identify Jesus is identified in Revelation 5:5, as the Lion of Judah for the Tribe of Judah was identified as a Lion.

Always with the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><

13. Actually it is the lamb of God who was slain..who is the only one worthy to take the scroll.

Read chApter 5 ten times if you have to.

I repeat it is the lamb of God who is Jesus, not the lion.

Yes they thought It had to be a king(lion) from the line of Judah..but it wasnt. Rev 5:7

Takes it right out if the hands of the lion.

Lamb lamb lamb lamb...how many times revelation mentions the LAMB OF GOD.
    There is NO lion of God.

14. At least two dozen times...i cant believe people miss that nd still think Jesus is meant to be a lion. Uh, NO!

15. I would go with a highlighter through the bible and highlight everytime a lamb is mentioned and maybe do. Word study and go to a farm and observe the sheep there and how they behave.

Then I would contrast that by going to africa and exposing myself to some lions.

16. @Lanolin
    And I can't believe one can be so obstinate! :)

Sister, disputing His lineage serves no one.

You might want to make a list of the different names given to our Lord throughout scripture.
    Just to start you off...........
    For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Happy listing sister!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><