• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can you name just ten true Born again Biblically correct TV preachers in the US of America?

Can you name just ten true Born again Biblically correct TV preachers in the US of America?

In Jesus God Bless Alan McDougall

Joel Osteen, Paula White, TD Jakes, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer oh you meant biblical. nope. Not them. They teach the prosperity doctrine and Paula is Trumps spiritual adviser. So i would say
Billy Graham and son, Jimmy Swaggert, Charles Stanley.

Active
I watch far fewer than 10 TV preachers so couldn't answer properly. The best Bible preacher so far for me is Keith Moore, pastor of Faith Life Church, Branson, MO.

Staff Member
@Alan McDougall

I cannot name any.

But not being American, my knowledge is not good, however, that's not to say there are not any Biblical sound preachers/teachers

There appear to be a huge amount of wolves roaming the USA and fleecing the flock.

Administrator
Staff Member
Below are easy ones from years of listening to them. I'm including some that already passed within the past decade or so.

Charles Stanley
Andy Stanley
Francis Chan
Rick Warren
Derek Prince (passed)
David Jeremiah
Bill Hybels
Ravi Zacharias (passed 2020)
Alistair Begg
Billy Graham (passed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
What has happened to "He who is not against us is for us"? (Luke 9:50)

A story was shared to me one time from a man who was with a group of other believers and both he and they were knocking certain evangelists doctrine and their purpose.

Another man, who was respected by them, overheard their conversation. He came over and said, "When you do with your doctrine as much as they do with theirs, then you may have something to complain about."

Sounds like good advice to me.

Quantrill

What has happened to "He who is not against us is for us"? (Luke 9:50)

A story was shared to me one time from a man who was with a group of other believers and both he and they were knocking certain evangelists doctrine and their purpose.

Another man, who was respected by them, overheard their conversation. He came over and said, "When you do with your doctrine as much as they do with theirs, then you may have something to complain about."

Sounds like good advice to me.

Quantrill

I disagree, the bible says to test your pastors.

1 John 4:1 (NLT)

"Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world."

2 Timothy 4:2 (GW)

"Be ready to spread the word whether or not the time is right. Point out errors, warn people, and encourage them. Be very patient when you teach."

Loyal

"Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world."

"Be ready to spread the word whether or not the time is right. Point out errors, warn people, and encourage them. Be very patient when you teach."

there is certainly a fine line it seems we have some here on TJ that believe in the prosperity Gospel,

Active

One can be a false prophet or teacher. We can know this by what they believe and teach about the Person of Jesus Christ. (1 John 4:2) Do you consider this Keith Moore you mentioned a false prophet? I hear many speak of Joel Osten as a false prophet. Yet I do not believe it.

Is it wealth that makes one a false prophet? I don't think so.

Quantrill

Loyal
One can be a false prophet or teacher. We can know this by what they believe and teach about the Person of Jesus Christ. (1 John 4:2) Do you consider this Keith Moore you mentioned a false prophet? I hear many speak of Joel Osten as a false prophet. Yet I do not believe it.

Quantrill

Money we either it control it or it controls us, Ones's attitude towards possessions is a clear indication of whether one is living self-centered or under the total Lord ship of Christ. our spiritual maturity is often reflected in our attitude towards material possessions

My thought on Joel is he does believe what he preaches, but what he preaches is false materialism, it takes discernment to tell this. He himself is blind and deceived by the world.

If you can not tell what Joel is teaching is false you lack discernment and should pray every day for some. It took me years before it was made clear to me.

Also I know when I say you lack discernment because you can not tell if Joel is teaching is false, it will hit a nerve with you, that is not my intention but I promise you it is the truth, and for you to please pray on it as I was whear you are in lacking discernment not to long ago.

The prosperity Gospel is exactly what the Bible warns us about
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

Active
Money we either it control it or it controls us, Ones's attitude towards possessions is a clear indication of whether one is living self-centered or under the total Lord ship of Christ. our spiritual maturity is often reflected in our attitude towards material possessions

My thought on Joel is he does believe what he preaches, but what he preaches is false materialism, it takes discernment to tell this. He himself is blind and deceived by the world.

If you can not tell what Joel is teaching is false you lack discernment and should pray every day for some. It took me years before it was made clear to me.

Also I know when I say you lack discernment because you can not tell if Joel is teaching is false, it will hit a nerve with you, that is not my intention but I promise you it is the truth, and for you to please pray on it as I was whear you are in lacking discernment not to long ago.

The prosperity Gospel is exactly what the Bible warns us about
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

Many believers can be trusted with money. They have money but not the love of money.

What is the 'false materialism' you say Joel Osten preaches? I have heard others say this before so I made a point of watching him a few times. He emphasized faith, and encouragement to believers. Not only concerning their material things but in their victorious walk with God. He placed more emphasis on it than I would, but that didn't make him a false teacher. What false views of Jesus Christ does he have and teach? I praise God so many attend with a Bible in their hand.

No, you didn't hit a nerve. I've heard this before.

(1 Tim. 4:3) says 'sound teaching'. I guess it would apply to Joel Osten if you considered what he taught not 'sound teaching'. But 'sound teaching' covers a lot of area.

Quantrill

Loyal

That's not your calling....nor is it ours. Its our disobedience that criticizes people called by God to preach, whether they are biblical or not....YOU will be judged the way YOU judge.

Quantrill

I've watched Joel Osteen a couple of times and I don't believe so. Yes I believe that Keith Moore is a false prophet, he's said that the New Testament is not worth reading, he's not Jewish but preaches exclusively out of the Old Testament, and he's said that the prophets are stupid and that he's the smartest pastor out of all of them.

And this is where it gets really outrageous, this is on his website if you want to see it to believe it. He's done fundraisers of his congregation to pay for two private jets and a yacht.

And to answer your question, no wealth doesn't make someone a false prophet. It's not a sin to have money but the bible warns about the love of money is the root of evil. I believe that tithing is important and that you should support your ministry to help spread the gospel.

Loyal
I've watched Joel Osteen a couple of times and I don't believe so. Yes I believe that Keith Moore is a false prophet, he's said that the New Testament is not worth reading, he's not Jewish but preaches exclusively out of the Old Testament, and he's said that the prophets are stupid and that he's the smartest pastor out of all of them.

And this is where it gets really outrageous, this is on his website if you want to see it to believe it. He's done fundraisers of his congregation to pay for two private jets and a yacht.

And to answer your question, no wealth doesn't make someone a false prophet. It's not a sin to have money but the bible warns about the love of money is the root of evil. I believe that tithing is important and that you should support your ministry to help spread the gospel.
"Yes I believe that Keith Moore is a false prophet, he's said that the New Testament is not worth reading, he's not Jewish but preaches exclusively out of the Old Testament, and he's said that the prophets are stupid and that he's the smartest pastor out of all of them.

And this is where it gets really outrageous, this is on his website if you want to see it to believe it. He's done fundraisers of his congregation to pay for two private jets and a yacht."

You accuse.....Show it!!! Or line up with the Word and stop your judging.

Loyal
I'm not a lair and I heard all of this on his TV program.
Nobody said you are a liar...I said Back up your accusations or stop talking about it. You might want to look at this thread...It applies to ordinary Christians Not just preachers.....There is a LOT of apostasy in the churches today....
The Great Apostasy Has Begun