• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Can you name just ten true Born again Biblically correct TV preachers in the US of America?

Loyal
The bible says to point out the false teachers, we're not judging. I've cited some scriptures concerning this earlier.
Why not do a study? Look at all the scriptures on that subject....You just might learn something.

Loyal
I've only been a Christian for two years but I'm not new, I study the bible a lot.
Very good Keep it up...I've only been studying the Word for about forty five years....One of these days I might learn something too

I’ve been a believer for 17 years, been fervently in the Word for that long too and been listening to these preachers for years. Always very conscious of what they preach in every sermon podcast I listen to (my daily routine). Never heard anything contradictory to God’s Word.

You have your right to your views but be careful how you judge them.
I'm not judging anyone, just making observations. Rick
The bible says to point out the false teachers, we're not judging. I've cited some scriptures concerning this earlier.
Amen!

I’ve been a believer for 17 years, been fervently in the Word for that long too and been listening to these preachers for years. Always very conscious of what they preach in every sermon podcast I listen to (my daily routine). Never heard anything contradictory to God’s Word.

You have your right to your views but be careful how you judge them.
I'm not judging anyone, just making observations. Rick Warren made a video endorsing Prop. 8 in Cali when it went to the polls (Prop 8 was against homosexual marriage in Oct., 2008) but the in an interview with Larry King, in April of 2009, Warren denied ever supporting Prop. 8, and when asked about the SCOTUS making homosexual marriage legal, Warren said it didn't concern him. He equated homosexuakl marriage with incest and pedophilia in an interview in the news then denied it later on. In an interview on Fox News with Hannity in December of 2012, Warren said that you have to do the "almost impossible" to go to hell, when Yeshua said "broad is the gate that leads to destruction". Rick Warren is promoting Chrislam and is friends with the Pope (Newsmax, 12/20/2014). There's more, but that should be enough for any Christian to stop listening to Rick Warren.

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm not judging anyone, just making observations. Rick Warren made a video endorsing Prop. 8 in Cali when it went to the polls (Prop 8 was against homosexual marriage in Oct., 2008) but the in an interview with Larry King, in April of 2009, Warren denied ever supporting Prop. 8, and when asked about the SCOTUS making homosexual marriage legal, Warren said it didn't concern him. He equated homosexuakl marriage with incest and pedophilia in an interview in the news then denied it later on. In an interview on Fox News with Hannity in December of 2012, Warren said that you have to do the "almost impossible" to go to hell, when Yeshua said "broad is the gate that leads to destruction". Rick Warren is promoting Chrislam and is friends with the Pope (Newsmax, 12/20/2014). There's more, but that should be enough for any Christian to stop listening to Rick Warren.

I'm not familiar with any of this to be honest, however I've must of heard at least 50-100 sermons by Rick Warren the past year alone and have never heard him say anything contradicting to the Word of God. Always 100% about Jesus. Always about grace, Jesus being the only way to Heaven, talks about Hell and why we need Jesus, talks about all the stuff in the Bible. That being said, remember how easy it is for people to tamper with material like audio clips or video clips these days too. Lots of deception in the media.

yeap Chan is solid in my book, some people put guilt on by association and that is a shame
Francis Chan was a great preacher, I bought several of his books and I still have Forgotten God and Crazy Love on my bookshelf. If you're familiar with the guilt by association claims then you know what's going on. What would you think if the great Derek Prince started hanging out with Benni Hin or Creflo Dollar saying that he loved then and supported their ministries? That's all I'm saying

I'm not familiar with any of this to be honest, however I've must of heard at least 50-100 sermons by Rick Warren the past year alone and have never heard him say anything contradicting to the Word of God. Always 100% about Jesus. Always about grace, Jesus being the only way to Heaven, talks about Hell and why we need Jesus, talks about all the stuff in the Bible. That being said, remember how easy it is for people to tamper with material like audio clips or video clips these days too. Lots of deception in the media.
Dude, seriously. There are too many of them, and if someone messed with a Larry king interview, you would definitely hear about it

Administrator
Staff Member
Dude, seriously. There are too many of them, and if someone messed with a Larry king interview, you would definitely hear about it

Sure. Billy Graham was on Larry King back in the day too and people have accused him of being Mason and a false teacher. I highly doubt that.

In the end, our part is to preach the Gospel and share Jesus with others. Let's spend time doing more of that than pointing fingers. See how easy it is for the devil to distract people?

Some of the dates are there, look it up. Warren created a video supporting Prop. 8, then denied it. The enemy knows the Bible better than any of us and can twist it to make it sound biblical. That's all I'm saying. If someone's belief is off, don't you think his sermons would be tainted? We have to be careful, especially in this age of deciet.

Sure. Billy Graham was on Larry King back in the day too and people have accused him of being Mason and a false teacher. I highly doubt that.

In the end, our part is to preach the Gospel and share Jesus with others. Let's spend time doing more of that than pointing fingers. See how easy it is for the devil to distract people?
I totally agree, and like Yeshua said in Matthew 7, beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. We need to listen to the Truth, and not be distracted by lies that are close to it

Uh huh....Ok
Listen, I'm just here to talk about the Truth. I just joined today and maybe this isn't my forum. 45 years of study is a long time and I'm impressed by your tenacity, but if you were off in an interpretation 40+ years ago, you may have been headed down the wrong path which just snowballed. The further a sniper is away from his target, the easier it is for him to miss it -- so much more knowledge about the Bible has become available in recent years with the interpretations of the Dead Sea scrolls. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you sound a bit prideful in your biblical studies, and the Lord resists pride. We're living in the age of deceit and the apostasy. Finding the truth is getting harder and harder, and has been for decades. Keeping an open mind to the possibility of what we've been taught isn't the complete truth and researching everything is the way to go. Intelligence, I've read, is the ability to question everything you've been told, not believing everything you've been told.

One last thing before I hit the hay... I've listened to preachers for 30+ years, and they've all (well, almost all) been completely biblical, but lacking in testosterone. What I mean is, they water down the Word and are wishy-washy in their messages and beliefs -- if Jesus had a church today, would anyone attend, really? Just listen to His words, Jesus is convicting, authoritative, and passionate about the Word of God. We don't need to listen to 'pastors' who water down the Scriptures, we need to hear the Truth, point blank, and read our Bibles. There are a handful of preachers still preaching the whole counsel of God, but they're hard to find. Reading and studying your Bible every day, with the help of the Holy Spirit, is the only foundation for truth and life.

Loyal
Francis Chan was a great preacher, I bought several of his books and I still have Forgotten God and Crazy Love on my bookshelf. If you're familiar with the guilt by association claims then you know what's going on. What would you think if the great Derek Prince started hanging out with Benni Hin or Creflo Dollar saying that he loved then and supported their ministries? That's all I'm saying

Francis actually addressed this issue recently on his website when being accused of supporting Tod White, I have not herd anything false out of Francis, if anything he is few of the hard core tell it like it is left to listen to

Active
I've only been a Christian for two years but I'm not new, I study the bible a lot.

That is good news. Stay with it. There are false teachers and you do need to hold them to the plumb line of the Bible.

Here is a true story of mine. When I was a new believer I too studied the Bible a lot and was zealous for what I understood to be true. And when I found there were Christian book stores, then I would go and purchase books or commentaries about the Bible and Christ. And when I started reading one that I bought and found in it something contrary to what I already believed, I literally threw it away. This may have helped me stay free from some bad teaching, but it also cost me some good teaching. Because many of the things I threw the book away for, were not so important as to label this one a false teacher.

Here is one particular instance. I bought a very large commentary. I began doing some studying in it. Lo and behold I found something that I completely disagreed with. I had it in my pick-up as I studied early in the morning on the job-site prior to work. Driving to work one morning with the commentary in the seat, I got to thinking more and more how I disagreed with what it said on a certain subject. What did I do? I chunked it out the window going about 70 miles an hour.

Well, a few years later I decide to go to a Bible College. Located one that I could see was true to the Scriptures. Took several classes. Then guess what? One of the books I was required to buy was the one I chunked out the window. And I still have it. My view hasn't changed on the thing I disagreed with, but it was of not such importance to ignore the rest of what the writer had to say. And this was not a cheap book. My lessons are usually expensive.

Quantrill

I will tell you why it is excessively hard to find a good preacher on TV... because it is a mass media! Even if the Church is called to let people know about His Love, calling out the masses is not the best strategy out there. Do you not agree with me? Then why the Lord never said He was pleased after He had been preaching to thousands in the open fields? Because that is not the best way to forge a strong communion with God. It is a good start when listeners accept the Lord but that is not that useful to make them grow spiritually and here comes the best part, God let us partake in our local church's activities! We are allowed to worhsip Him and serve Him! Nothing will replace that, no TV, no radio, no cellphone, no internet will ever replace that! It is good to use tools to know more about God, but stuff like the TV can manipulate you and does not let you go there and ask the preacher any sort of questions, especially if the preacher's doctrine is not sound...

Curiously, just a few hours after I posted that comment, people attending to our local church took advantage of the Bible study session to ask questions about people like preachers and pastors that use their sermons either in person or over the internet to teach false doctrine. One of the right conclusions we came to was to reject those evil practices that people have perpetuated for no good reason like not letting boys cry, even if the Lord Himself cried after Mary and Martha told Him about Lazarus' decease and how it afflicted them. It's dangerous to attend to a place that was founded after some dissidents pretended to justify a human commandment that was not Divinely inspired at all, but sects still exist, sadly. And to be honest with you, I do believe that false doctrine is what abounds in places like the internet so searching for sound doctrine there gets harder every day that passes. Still, it's not impossible but you've got to have read the Bible for quite some time to be able to determine what sounds fishy during sermons or explanations or studies.

The following story happened during a class in a church I attended over a decade ago. One of the teachers that I know very well, once said that the devil was working against himself and thus had been defeated already for no kingdom could withstand if it was fighting against itself. The truth is that the Word doesn't even imply that. The Lord said that in order to pillage the strong man's house, you'd first need to tie him up and then you'd be able to plunder it. That means He had to expose the devil publicly and condemn him for his evil deeds, and the Lord did on the cross and even before by declaring how the devil is the prince of the world (see the passage of Jesus' temptation). Not even a guy with all the nations and riches of this world at hand could stop the Savior from fulfilling his destiny and saving the believers by having faith in Him that shed his blood for our atonement and cleansing.

Years ago I watched a documentary on Benny Hinn entitled "The Many Faces of Benny Hinn".
Many Times through the documentary it brought tears to my eyes seeing the hope of a few looking
for a miracle in their lives. We all have our own opinion regarding these mega-pastors. Mine is reserved.